~*~ August Pagan Familes Circle~*~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 684 Old 08-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Aww, DOK You can share with us if you feel so inclined. You know we will love you and help you through it.
Thanks mama. I don't feel comfy posting everything here but I appreciate your compassion.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#242 of 684 Old 08-09-2010, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
so there is an "issue" within my old HS group. some weirdness and some nastiness by the parents sort of being passive aggressive to some of the teen girls (which my dd is a part of
Honestly, some people NEVER seem to grow out of the junior high behavior

Dh just rang me *sigh* the back door on his van just ceased locking... actually the lock just literally fell apart he said The repair? 350odd bucks... because the stupid part is 270. Tried the 2nd hand parts resellers and nobody had ANY of the tailgate locks.

D is settling in pretty well... but he's feeling the loss of having nothing but junk food in the house. (his dads house = massive amts of processed crap and a step mom that he says is an awful cook .. so the choice was easy I guess? lol) I did get a few bits of things that I knew he'd eat, and I've been cooking things I remember him eating for ME before, so he is at least eating some real food MUST get a door knob with a lock though the little brothers are SO in love with him that they are either knocking (the older 2) or just walking in (quinn ) all the time. And I know they are overwhelming

DOK, I'm sorry the diagnosis wasn't what you'd hoped

Off to do some housework.. it's rainy out and I suppose it needs to get done since we can't go out& get away from it

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#243 of 684 Old 08-09-2010, 09:08 PM

Hey you awesome pagan mamas...

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the good vibes while I was in the 2ww...

I got confirmation on my BFP, and the EDD for our little ninja is 4/12/2011.

Everyone here at Clan RK is just thrilled!

fencing.gif Carolina Kel 
Pagan * Grad Student * Amateur Ninja * Bibliophile * Photographer * Cyberpunk* Cooking Diva * Wife to RJ & Partner to Abeja * Mamí Valkyrie to Eiríkr (2/26/2009), Skaði (3/18/2011) and a surprise munchkin due 8-23-2012 * I love my tribe of hearts! *

#244 of 684 Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Kel View Post
Congratulations!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#245 of 684 Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 PM

Congrats! My ds is 4/10/2005!

Last night was a very awful night, but with great friends, I'm doing better now. I'm going to try to relax tonight and not thinking about how tired I am. I haven't slept since 8am yesterday and I haven't kept food down yet today. I'm keeping down some Jamaican Ginger Beer and I'm going to try to eat some tacos with turkey meat.

Have a good night!!!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#246 of 684 Old 08-09-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Dh just rang me *sigh* the back door on his van just ceased locking... actually the lock just literally fell apart he said The repair? 350odd bucks... because the stupid part is 270. Tried the 2nd hand parts resellers and nobody had ANY of the tailgate locks.
Srsly?? That's highway robbery
That's why I think the gods created duct tape and bungee cords

Quote:

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
Congrats! My ds is 4/10/2005!
Um...you're having him 5 years ago?
Yes, you qualify for preggo brain

M and I just had THE most wonderful conversation We really came to an understanding about an impasse in communication we'd been having. I am so happy. And I know he is too. No, it wasn't about the drinking but it was about another thing, a facet of each of our personalities that we didn't understand, and now we do, and about a method of dealing with certain situations based on those particular facets. So now we understand one another better and both are willing to work on those particular facets in ourselves, so as to get along better *in the moment* of that particular impasse. YAY!!
I lurve him!!!!

Aweyn, where you be, mama? I miss you. Did aweyn say she was going away? I forgot.
Did Clay go to Pennsic yet?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#247 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Srsly?? That's highway robbery
That's why I think the gods created duct tape and bungee cords
Yep... and he managed to use a bungee cord today, but he drives a panel van and the liftgate *cannot* be held closed safely that way. He carries around at least 1.5tonnes of boxes in his van, imagine those shifting around against a bungee'd liftgate. Not so good He was actually worried about getting ticketed just in the few hours he had to drive that way today :S

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#248 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 08:34 AM

Ugh, Cari. That really stinks. But glad D is adjusting well.

DoK.

Congrats Carolina!

Need sleep now. I can't wait until the fall when I teach only 2 days a week.

Come ponder with me about food!
#249 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Congrats
Quote:
Last night was a very awful night, but with great friends, I'm doing better now.

Quote:
M and I just had THE most wonderful conversation We really came to an understanding about an impasse in communication we'd been having. I am so happy. And I know he is too.
Good news. Congrats.

Quote:

D is settling in pretty well...
Stinks on the door lock. Is this something that can be shopped around for or do you have to have the work done by one company?

Great news on D settling in well. I am sure it is a huge adjustment for all but know it will all fit in place

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I think this week will be for shedding tears. Next week I'll go back to being proactive.
(as you may have guessed, I wasn't happy to hear ds's diagnosis.)
So sorry. Thinking about you and your little one.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#250 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 09:04 AM

Cari, that blows. Why is your DH responsible for replacing it? Is it his van or a company van? Was it his fault that it broke? If not, I would think the company would pay for it, or at least part of it. I mean, why bother giving him a paycheck this week if he only has to turn around and fork it over for a new lock, kwim?

So...today's ritual day. I'll be doing my spell this morning. I'm dropping DS off at summercare, then stopping at the library to drop some things off that are due, and also looking at the free magazines to snag a few for a new vision board related to house-selling that I'll be making today in circle.

Then the spell

Anyone who wants to light candles is welcome to
MO3 are you doing yours today, too? We can combine energies, or light candles for one another, or something, if you want.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#251 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 11:13 AM

ktg~ wish i could help with the canning!

the grout--yeah, it looks black, and in two places, where the last people did some work, it was "fixed" with black grout, but if you wash the floor, as i did, you quickly discover that the grout is the same pale, creamy color as the tile...........

Quote:
Mind condensing in English for those of us not astrologically inclined?
actually havent got to read the new moon articles yet, but my sense is basically "it all still sucks and is really hard and really strained and really sucky... but hang in there and pull yourself up off the floor again for the 40th time this month... and keep going...." (but this may be slightly tainted by my own experiences, and my own inclination to lie down on the floor and NOT get back up..... )

aubergine, more hugs and vibes, belated happy birthday, and hope you get some time for a nice ritual!

Quote:
Aweyn, where you be, mama? I miss you. Did aweyn say she was going away? I forgot.
hey, hon. thanks! nope, not "away"... just drowning in a pool of floor cleaner and hopelessness....

hugs and vibes and healing thoughts, and happy camping to all as needed!
#252 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Good vibes to everyone who needs them, to everyone, regardless of need.

I'm maintaining a positive outlook today even though my dd woke up at butt-crack:30 this morning due to a soaked diaper and shirt (and, subsequently, bed) and then when I put her on the floor to take the sheets off the bed, I found I had sat her in a swarm of ants. (!!!!!!!!!!)

Working quite diligently on not being too upset with the maintenance guy who won't just do what needs to be done about these ants instead of taking the easy way out.

So, I'm gonna go myself now. I've been cleaning my house all day and it's not even 7:30am.

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#253 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I think this week will be for shedding tears. Next week I'll go back to being proactive.
(as you may have guessed, I wasn't happy to hear ds's diagnosis.)
Oh DOK I'm so sorry! If you want to share, or not, I just want to say I'm here!

Quote:
D is settling in pretty well... but he's feeling the loss of having nothing but junk food in the house. (his dads house = massive amts of processed crap and a step mom that he says is an awful cook .. so the choice was easy I guess? lol) I did get a few bits of things that I knew he'd eat, and I've been cooking things I remember him eating for ME before, so he is at least eating some real food MUST get a door knob with a lock though the little brothers are SO in love with him that they are either knocking (the older 2) or just walking in (quinn ) all the time. And I know they are overwhelming

Yay for D settling in, and hopefully getting set with a new diet it sounds like too. Make hiim some of that yummy silverbeet bake.... That's wonderful the boys are just over the moon with him.

Quote:

Woohoo congratulations!!!

Quote:
Last night was a very awful night, but with great friends, I'm doing better now. I'm going to try to relax tonight and not thinking about how tired I am. I haven't slept since 8am yesterday and I haven't kept food down yet today. I'm keeping down some Jamaican Ginger Beer and I'm going to try to eat some tacos with turkey meat.

Have a good night!!!
Oh goodness - I hope you got lots of sleep last night and kept down that ginger beer. Ginger beer I swear is a lifesaver for icky tummies that don't want to cooperate!!

Quote:
M and I just had THE most wonderful conversation We really came to an understanding about an impasse in communication we'd been having. I am so happy. And I know he is too. <<snip>>... So now we understand one another better and both are willing to work on those particular facets in ourselves, so as to get along better *in the moment* of that particular impasse. YAY!!
I lurve him!!!!

Did Clay go to Pennsic yet?
Yay for awesome communication! DH and I had a wild/evil weekend and finally on Sunday got it all cleared out. I noticed FR said something similar happened with her DP too. Its one of those times where I'm going to say ... something is in the air!

Yay for awesome

Quote:
So...today's ritual day. I'll be doing my spell this morning. I'm dropping DS off at summercare, then stopping at the library to drop some things off that are due, and also looking at the free magazines to snag a few for a new vision board related to house-selling that I'll be making today in circle.

Then the spell

Anyone who wants to light candles is welcome to
Yay for rituals!!! and some much needed to you & Mamaof3 Let the house selling begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
ktg~ wish i could help with the canning!

the grout--yeah, it looks black, and in two places, where the last people did some work, it was "fixed" with black grout, but if you wash the floor, as i did, you quickly discover that the grout is the same pale, creamy color as the tile...........

actually havent got to read the new moon articles yet, but my sense is basically "it all still sucks and is really hard and really strained and really sucky... but hang in there and pull yourself up off the floor again for the 40th time this month... and keep going...." (but this may be slightly tainted by my own experiences, and my own inclination to lie down on the floor and NOT get back up..... )

hey, hon. thanks! nope, not "away"... just drowning in a pool of floor cleaner and hopelessness....

hugs and vibes and healing thoughts, and happy camping to all as needed!
Aweyn - You are most welcome to can with me! Wait -first do you have a cherry pitter?

!!! Black vs. cream grout. That sounds like something in my house!! We just discovered the previous owners instead of removing the old tile when redoing the bathrooms, just went over it. This type of classy move is only second to failing to caulk around the jazzcuzi tub when it was installed.

For this month, I'll be on the floor with you, because getting back up is starting to get hard to do, especially when I know I'll just be hit with yet another mack truck of emotion, actions or etc and be back on the floor again until... October... I heard that's supposed to be the month this all turns around!

Hugs and love to anyone I missed!!!
Now its back to work for me... hi ho hi ho its off to work I go!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#254 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Um...you're having him 5 years ago?
Yes, you qualify for preggo brain
LOL!! Yeah my brain is no longer functioning like it should these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

Oh goodness - I hope you got lots of sleep last night and kept down that ginger beer. Ginger beer I swear is a lifesaver for icky tummies that don't want to cooperate!!
I love the burn as it goes down to be honest, but yes, my stomach is feeling great!! And I went to sleep finally.

Dd has told us what she wants for the holidays. She wants a pink Disney netbook.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#255 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 01:35 PM

you know, i think i just need to make peace with being on the floor.

maybe that's part of my whole bad-flooring-karma getting turned around. i did sort of ask for that.... i guess i'm doing my penance.

just realized my druid plant oracle cards should be in tomorrow or the next day. i am outlandishly excited for them. wild and crazy. i need some plant joy!

speaking of, despite the never-ending-ness of the work-to-be-done-before-we-can-move-in, i've decided to at least put a big huge pot of plantness on the porch..... any suggestions for some magical plants to put there? it's totally shaded, but that doesnt matter overmuch here, lol......
#256 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 01:39 PM

oh, and-- here's a question for you all, re: cleansing, etc.... so, the people we had paint the inside may not have cleaned as well as they ought to have before they painted, and i'm freaking out a little that there's still old-owner energy, now painted/sealed IN to the walls... i guess technically, there's decades of that, from the many many layers, but it's bugging the heck out of me. talk me down? tell me it's ok, tell me to smudge and stop freaking out..... please? i think the massive layers of dirt i'm struggling to strip off the floors is adding to that sense. i can not believe how filthy this place is. but the idea of some of that dirt being trapped in the walls is freaking the heck out of me.
#257 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 02:18 PM

see? time to be online. hellllooooooo chatty pagans? *sigh*
#258 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
oh, and-- here's a question for you all, re: cleansing, etc.... so, the people we had paint the inside may not have cleaned as well as they ought to have before they painted, and i'm freaking out a little that there's still old-owner energy, now painted/sealed IN to the walls... but the idea of some of that dirt being trapped in the walls is freaking the heck out of me.
s

After living in a total $h!thole before we moved here, I totally understand the feelings you get about the icky previous owner energy. We didn't realize that when we moved into the previous place that the former renters had been dealers, they didn't clean, and a lot of bad things had happened in the place. So in addition to the noxious chemicals the cleaning company used to rid the place of roaches, we also had a lot of less than savory people show up wanting to buy things from us, and we had the sheriff show up a couple of times with tax warrants and other goodies for the previous people.

Needless to say, the energy was awful. We did a lot of smudging, cleaning, and banishing. It was an ongoing process to get the place "nice feeling" again, but it still had a persistent yucky feeling when we moved out.

While you can't do much about the paint, what I would suggest doing is making some wall-wash - some warm water, a little orange and lemon essential oils, and a little castille soap (less than a teaspoon - you want just enough to emulsify the essential oils, no more than that).

As you're mixing it together, imagine the happiest, sunniest day you can remember, how nice it was, how good it made you feel, how happy you were. Then use the wash to wipe down the walls lightly, imagining bright sunshine chasing away any icky, shadowy energy from the last people. When you're done wiping, take your wash water away from the house and dispose of it, returning the energy back to the Earth to be recycled into something else. Your house will smell sunshiney clean and you'll feel better, too.

When we move into a place (and thanks to Uncle Sam, we move A LOT), we usually smudge. We buy a new broom for the house and sweep it out and visualize all of the crap from the last people being swept out the door. (I never take my broom from my old house to my new house.) If there still is some persistent crap hanging about, we do the wash. After that, we leave out a nice meal, and just ask it politely to have some chow and hit the road because our hospitality has its limits, and while we appreciate its presence, we'd prefer that it moved on. So far, we've never had to do anything more than set out a plate of pancakes.

Best of luck mama!

fencing.gif Carolina Kel 
Pagan * Grad Student * Amateur Ninja * Bibliophile * Photographer * Cyberpunk* Cooking Diva * Wife to RJ & Partner to Abeja * Mamí Valkyrie to Eiríkr (2/26/2009), Skaði (3/18/2011) and a surprise munchkin due 8-23-2012 * I love my tribe of hearts! *

#259 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 02:24 PM

Thanks, mamas, for all of the awesome well-wishes!

We're really looking forward to welcoming this little viking or valkyrie!

fencing.gif Carolina Kel 

#260 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
oh, and-- here's a question for you all, re: cleansing, etc.... so, the people we had paint the inside may not have cleaned as well as they ought to have before they painted, and i'm freaking out a little that there's still old-owner energy, now painted/sealed IN to the walls... i guess technically, there's decades of that, from the many many layers, but it's bugging the heck out of me. talk me down? tell me it's ok, tell me to smudge and stop freaking out..... please? i think the massive layers of dirt i'm struggling to strip off the floors is adding to that sense. i can not believe how filthy this place is. but the idea of some of that dirt being trapped in the walls is freaking the heck out of me.
Quote:
s

While you can't do much about the paint, what I would suggest doing is making some wall-wash - some warm water, a little orange and lemon essential oils, and a little castille soap (less than a teaspoon - you want just enough to emulsify the essential oils, no more than that).

As you're mixing it together, imagine the happiest, sunniest day you can remember, how nice it was, how good it made you feel, how happy you were. Then use the wash to wipe down the walls lightly, imagining bright sunshine chasing away any icky, shadowy energy from the last people. When you're done wiping, take your wash water away from the house and dispose of it, returning the energy back to the Earth to be recycled into something else. Your house will smell sunshiney clean and you'll feel better, too.

When we move into a place (and thanks to Uncle Sam, we move A LOT), we usually smudge. We buy a new broom for the house and sweep it out and visualize all of the crap from the last people being swept out the door. (I never take my broom from my old house to my new house.) If there still is some persistent crap hanging about, we do the wash. After that, we leave out a nice meal, and just ask it politely to have some chow and hit the road because our hospitality has its limits, and while we appreciate its presence, we'd prefer that it moved on. So far, we've never had to do anything more than set out a plate of pancakes.

Best of luck mama!
Awyen: I would say smudge and cleansing are totally in order!! We're in the new moon right now, and I think that's a great time to welcome in the warmth and freshness you want. Then after the full, do another to encourage the previous owner energy out with the waning moon.

I love Carolina's wall wash idea!! I have so much "ugh" with the previous owners and this house and what they did to it. Its quite oppressive somedays, because it wasn't as if they were bad people. They just didn't listen to this house much - so lots of paint, wall paper and not letting much of the natural beauty to shine through. I have lots of work to do with this house.

Did you name your house yet?

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#261 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Yay for awesome communication! DH and I had a wild/evil weekend and finally on Sunday got it all cleared out. I noticed FR said something similar happened with her DP too. Its one of those times where I'm going to say ... something is in the air!
Aww, I saw that. Sorry you guys are having craptastic communication. It wasn't anything like that with M, thank the gods. It was more like, in a moment of NOT-badness, we hashed out some things while not-in-the-moment that clarified a whole lot of why each of us behaves the way we do WHEN in the moment. Make more sense?
It was awesome

Quote:
Yay for rituals!!! and some much needed to you & Mamaof3 Let the house selling begin!
YAY, yes, let the house selling begin! That spell, while not overly taxing physically wore me out. I'm going to watch a movie now
But when I picked ds up at summercare, and took him to Walmart to get a new watch, the Magic 8-ball there said YES, my house would sell this month but for probably $10k less than what it's on the market for now. Well...as long as I have plenty of money to move with. I don't want to lose any more than that.

Quote:
Dd has told us what she wants for the holidays. She wants a pink Disney netbook.
Oh, is that all?
DS wants a Swiss Army knife, a real bow (he has arrows), and DS games.

Quote:
just realized my druid plant oracle cards should be in tomorrow or the next day. i am outlandishly excited for them. wild and crazy. i need some plant joy!
Yay! I have the Rider-Waite style herbal tarot. I have had them since like...1991 or so? Maybe earlier. I'm not much of a tarot reader-- I still have to use the book-- but now and again I do them.

Quote:
oh, and-- here's a question for you all, re: cleansing, etc.... so, the people we had paint the inside may not have cleaned as well as they ought to have before they painted, and i'm freaking out a little that there's still old-owner energy, now painted/sealed IN to the walls...

<snip>the idea of some of that dirt being trapped in the walls is freaking the heck out of me.
aweyn...take some deep breaths, darlin'. You're going all OCD on us It's all good, mama. Do what Carolina said and wash the walls.

Quote:
When we move into a place (and thanks to Uncle Sam, we move A LOT), we usually smudge. We buy a new broom for the house and sweep it out and visualize all of the crap from the last people being swept out the door. (I never take my broom from my old house to my new house.)
You know, I do this, too...but I'll have movers taking my stuff, and like these last two times I moved, all the stuff will be piled in there before/as I get there. I won't really be able to sweep the whole thing. Ritual sweeping enough, do you think, rather than "real" sweeping?
I never take my broom either...but I am rather attached to my hand broom and my Swiffer I do consider that they have MY energy in them, lots and lots of it. So they go with. But not the Broom-broom (that sounds funny! ).

#262 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 06:26 PM

I'm being battered by the baby. I mean he's REALLY kicking and punching the life out of me.

Looks like the finances finally caught up with themselves and we'll be taking a one day trip to the beach at the end of the month. September we're going to one of the state's annual festivals.

It's pretty hot today, but we don't know it! We're inside enjoying the a/c.

#263 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 08:14 PM

aweyn: when we move i wash the door frames and window sills with salt water and rosemary and then i smudge the house. i usually feel much better after that. the kids enjoy helping and i feel like all of our good energy doing the work together, laughing, saying blessing really cleans out the place.

maia: yes i was going to do mine this evening. i will light an extra candle for yours. and i was lame and watched the secret last nite. lol that always seems to put me in that gratitude place and really reminds me to focus my good thoughts. lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#264 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 PM

it's hot here too. I should do a healing ritual. My great-aunt (she's 85) broke her shoulder and is in the hospital tonight. I'd really hate to see her slow down.

Come ponder with me about food!
#265 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 08:32 PM

I'm not feeling well...

The situation with DD1 is wearing me out. I keep crying, and crying... Not able to eat: it feels like the food is getting stuck before reaching my stomach if I try to eat more than a few bites... I can drink okay so I think I will rely on hemp protein powder and greens powder in juice/water to keep me alive.

Sorry not to respond to anyone...

I'm going back under my rock...

Valérie   
#266 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 08:54 PM

oh, val. huge hugs, hon. huge!

thanks for the words, ladies. i've smudged probably at least 5 times at this point.... the windows have been majorly overhauled (i dont think they'd been opened in at least 10 years? maybe more). maia, ocd? yeah, i guess. only, seriously. if you'd spent the past two weeks on your hands and knees scrubbing the floors in my house, trying and trying to make progress, and feeling like it was just as disgustingly filthy as when you'd started, you'd maybe start freaking out about it too.... maybe.....

ktg, i havent named it yet. not feeling connected to it at all. (guess what, though? we're going to try once more to go pick peaches this weekend.... fingers crossed nothing major happens to prevent us! lol......)

i think i'll go join val under that rock.... hang in there everyone! hugs and vibes to all.
#267 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
maia: yes i was going to do mine this evening. i will light an extra candle for yours. and i was lame and watched the secret last nite. lol that always seems to put me in that gratitude place and really reminds me to focus my good thoughts. lol
Just lit one for you, hon. I did mine from 11:40 or so, till about 1pm. But I'm going to light the candles every day like it says, and say that verse-- but I'm changing it up just a little bit to fit my particular situation more (and so it says things in the now, instead of "will be", etc.).
What's lame? I didn't like The Secret much, and didn't even get through all of it-- way too hokey for me-- but I love the sentiment. Good stuff, that. But the movie was cheesy, I have to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
The situation with DD1 is wearing me out. I keep crying, and crying... Not able to eat: it feels like the food is getting stuck before reaching my stomach if I try to eat more than a few bites... I can drink okay so I think I will rely on hemp protein powder and greens powder in juice/water to keep me alive.
Oh, mama. Hugs, you. Hang in there. Is there anyone locally that you can talk to, face to face? Do you want to bounce things off of us here? Maybe a fresh perspective will help?

Quote:
maia, ocd? yeah, i guess. only, seriously. if you'd spent the past two weeks on your hands and knees scrubbing the floors in my house, trying and trying to make progress, and feeling like it was just as disgustingly filthy as when you'd started, you'd maybe start freaking out about it too.... maybe.....
Aww, hey, don't be mad with me, sweet one I'm sorry if I pushed buttons. Isn't there any easier way, though? That sounds so rough. Can you call in a professional for an opinion? Does anyone do free estimates? Have you got a friend who can come look and say "yeah (or no), this is what it is, this is what you can do to help it"?

#268 of 684 Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 PM

Val,

Heck, everyone!

Y'all realize Mercury hasn't even gone retrograde, yet, right? We got 10 days or so...let's enjoy the mess out of ourselves and then sit around and lament when Merc goes rx.

That's what I'm gonna try to do, b/c it looks like this one could be a doozy.

Yes, yes.  I'm fabulous. loveeyes.gif  Moving on...

#269 of 684 Old 08-11-2010, 01:16 AM

maia: oh it is incredibly hokey. lol all the stuff on getting things bugs me, but the gratitude part and the positive thoughts parts really speak to me. i figure what is the harm in thinking good thoughts. lol although i don't use the "secret" to get a good parking spot like that one guy. lol

val: hugs

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#270 of 684 Old 08-11-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:

Best of luck mama!
I was going to recommend a wall wash too. I agree with doing this.

I always buy a new broom when moving to a new place. I also cleanse the entire house and property, set up a small area outside or just use my porch to leave a few yummy things. I have been known to bring my vacuum clean the entire place, then get rid of the vacuum. I have only done that 2 times in my life though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
it's hot here too. I should do a healing ritual. My great-aunt (she's 85) broke her shoulder and is in the hospital tonight. I'd really hate to see her slow down.
Oh no I hope your Great-Aunt feels better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I'm not feeling well...
Valerie, I wish I lived close to you so I could help you in some way.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page