Jewish Mamas... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-06-2010, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you do anything special for Rosh Chodesh?
It is OUR holiday, so I was wondering what other women do to celebrate.
This month we are having a womens drum circle . I am really looking forward to it.
So...what about you?

Melanie wife and mama
#2 of 7 Old 08-06-2010, 05:44 PM

I don't do anything yet. Our shul has a women's rosh chodesh group (and a co-ed morning minyan). I haven't made it to either. The rosh chodesh group keeps ending up during work hours. Plus I'm really shy...

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
#3 of 7 Old 08-11-2010, 03:24 PM

I don't do anything in particular. I don't do laundry - as women get a break on Rosh Chodesh. I try to dress more nicely.

Rivka, mommy to 3 big boys and a set of b/g twins
#4 of 7 Old 08-11-2010, 04:15 PM

I don't do this, but my mother has a special set of earrings and a pin that she wears for Rosh Chodesh - a moon and stars. She enjoys having a special piece of jewelry just for this (My grandmother OBM had given her $ for jewelry years ago, so we was really touched that this is what my mom decided to get for herself).
#5 of 7 Old 08-12-2010, 03:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey, mamas. Long time no see. Yes, I know that's all my fault.

It's been quite a year. We started looking for a new, larger house in a better school district back in November, and we finally found one in June. We are moved in now, and are in the process of selling the old house. We got an offer after one day on the market, and we hope it goes through.

DS started walking last year at one and a half, very late! I'd been thinking that I might wait until 3 to cut his hair, but it was just getting too tangled to deal with it any longer. I have a tzitzit katan for him, but I don't really know anything about it except that he gets to wear it when he's 3 (later this year).

We are taking the girls out of Jewish school and putting them in public (hence the need for a better school district). The cost was increasingly prohibitive, and we are not happy about it, but we can live with it. They will need to start Sunday School this year, and DD1 will also have Tuesday School.

DS just woke up. GTG. I'll try not to be such a stranger!
#6 of 7 Old 11-10-2010, 11:15 AM

mamas, is this where we are hanging these days?  haven't been aroudn in a while...

~~~Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul...you've got to run like a lamb queen out of control~~~
#7 of 7 Old 11-10-2010, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Check in the Finding Your Tribe forum - I think that is where everyone is smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page