~*~September Pagan Family Circle ~*~ - Page 21 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#601 of 630 Old 09-29-2010, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i am so so tired of talking money and house issues with dh.

he calls to tell me he heard from our agent, i know cuz she cc'd me the email. i say so. then he says he printed out the paper work about the short sale and we are going to have a problem. why? cuz they need two months worth of bank statements... why is this a problem? well you know we had alot of money. No we didn't. where has he been? i swear nothing is ok for him. nothing is good. no day is good, no time is good. ugh.

i guess i am just over tired from staying up late and dealing with the kids and not sleeping well do to hip/pelvis pain, and driving so much yesterday. i just wish he could be in a positive spot and see how lucky and blessed we are. it is so freakin' draining dealing with his mental issues.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#602 of 630 Old 09-29-2010, 07:27 PM

Hugs to all that need it.

Lots of great things have happened here. I got a baby bottle warmer for $5! And we got our letter of approval for the YMCA scholarship and will only pay $15 a month for the family membership!

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#603 of 630 Old 09-29-2010, 08:12 PM

My poor SIL is struggling to pay for her anti rejection medicine (and other meds) every month. She had a kidney transplant and is doing well so far but she's having a hard time financially. Although she's still technically my SIL, her and my brother are separated and will eventually divorce. (I don't blame her.)
Anyway, I blogged about the situation. I'm feeling very ticked off with health care in this country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
And we got our letter of approval for the YMCA scholarship and will only pay $15 a month for the family membership!
That is a FANTASTIC price!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#604 of 630 Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
is it something in the air?
yes! fall is the period that corresponds to the TCM element of metal. life is moving from the stillness and balance of the equinox (did anyone notice the stillness around that time?) to the changes and upheaval associated with fall. the light is suddenly different - mornings are darker, evenings are darker sooner. the wind has picked up here. it just feels... unsettled.

okie... that is about all i remember from my clinic session this morning. that and coherence - that medical science (of all things) has "discovered" a heart-brain connection. that the heart is not a pump (there is no possible way it could pump blood even to your brain)... it is the central sensory input, which then sends and disseminates information to the brain on wave forms. still have much reading to do on this matter but it is ... mind exploding.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#605 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

Thank you for the book suggestions - I've read happy toddler, and DH I think read it. I'll have to check out Sears and the no cry solution and I thought there was one with playful discipline?.
I got way more out of "Connection Parenting" than any of those books. The biggest thing that I took away was: mindfulness.

We had a chat with ds about his speech at school and home - his choice of words and his tone of voice. We, as a family, agreed to be more mindful with each other and he would be more mindful at school. WOW - what a difference! Even the teacher noticed a huge improvement. She even liked the reminder I gave him - be mindful. Of course, I had used "be mindful" for a long time when he was becoming mobile and getting into potentially almost-dangerous situations - be mindful of your body in relation to other objects so you don't hurt yourself. Lately we just needed to move to "be mindful of your impact on others".

I also gave him a flower essence blend focusing on his 5th chakra (communication). So now he tells me when I'm being too bossy.

#606 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I love the HALT idea... it's very much what I need to focus on these days.

I know that's a bit simplistic, but maybe see if a stop/breath/discuss pattern might help?
That is exactly what they are discussing in ds's kindergarten class - anger management. "What I ever needed to know, I learned in kindergarten."

#607 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I'm feeling very ticked off with health care in this country.
If we had real health care in this country, pregnant moms would have better prenatal mental health support... we'd have better postnatal support... we'd have better general preventive care... we'd have more freedom of choice in health care options... we'd have better end-of-life- care options...

Obama's package was not a health care bill... it was a health insurance bill with a few "toss the populace a few crumbs" included that will probably have a big impact on a whole bunch of people - like the pre-existing condition and the parental coverage until you're 26. But other than, i can't say that i've read anything that doesn't benefit the health insurance companies more than it benefits the average health care client.

I'm off to Black Mountain, NC for a huge women-only herbal conference. Maia - will wave as I fly -er, drive - past Asheville. This is my first time away from ds overnight (well, overnight for 3 nights) EVER and my first time leaving dh at home alone in 6 years. I'm feeling quite ... unprepared... overwhelmed... Traveling stresses me out but car traveling (which is what I'm doing) is less so. Maybe my unsettledness will go away once I'm in the car.

#608 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
that medical science (of all things) has "discovered" a heart-brain connection. that the heart is not a pump (there is no possible way it could pump blood even to your brain)... it is the central sensory input, which then sends and disseminates information to the brain on wave forms. still have much reading to do on this matter but it is ... mind exploding.

I want to know more about this, once your mind has finished exploding and you have more to share!

Have a great trip!

My dsage4 has been scolding all of us about yelling and declaring very loudly that there is a no-yelling rule in this house.

Not that we are perfect and never raise our voices, but what he means by yelling is anyone telling him anything he does not want to hear at that time or disagreeing with him in any way. And sometimes that has to happen, even if he doesn't want it to.

So we're working as a family on verbal definitions of yelling and civilized behavior a lot around here for his sake. I'm finding that it is good for all of us.
I've been wincing at some of dh's morning snapping at the kids when he is home during the week too -- I feel reading everyone's stories about this like I did reading a few weeks back about how y'all pretty much have low blood pressure - Me too, how wierd? Is it just us or every woman in the world dealing with this this week?

Sometimes dh snaps at or teases the kids and they get angry/hurt, especially my adolescent dd. I am trying to encourage them to talk about how they feel directly to the person who caused the hurt feelings - and while I think dh (and me too ) have to work on our manners with the kids, I am proud of us as parents for the way we are coming to respect our kids'
concerns about the way we relate to them. I hope this will help our kids to recognize and resist inappropriate behavior when they encounter it in the outside world.

Quote:
If we had real health care in this country, pregnant moms would have better prenatal mental health support... we'd have better postnatal support... we'd have better general preventive care... we'd have more freedom of choice in health care options... we'd have better end-of-life- care options...
As a Canadian, learning about the state of health care in the US and what it means to the average middle/lower income American family has been the biggest shock to me since joining MDC. I mean, I knew, but I really had *no* idea....I am incredulous at what your country puts up with for all the $$ spent on healthcare. I get so very often, reading about stories like your SIL, DoK. I hope she gets what she needs. People in her shoes should just not have to worry about anything but their health
#609 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 03:10 AM

this is not a way to end the day: made a couple last minute trips to a couple stores (getting stuff for ds#2 birthday tomorrow) at the last store, get in car... battery DEAD! i have no cell phone cuz ds#4 lost it. use phone at store, dh says he is on the way to get me. i wait and wait and wait. starting to get really mad. he pulls up in a cab, because i have the ONLY KEY TO THE VAN! ugh!
thankfully i made it home ok. i was so mad i thought i would blow a gasket. lol now it is just so freaking funny. so tomorrow i will get a key made for dh, we need to get a new battery for the car and jumper cables. lol

dd did find the phone thankfully too. so it all worked out. lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#610 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 08:26 AM

Good grief, what is going on with the universe??

to all.

#611 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 09:30 AM

Insurance- Healthcare- it really is a messed up system! That is all I can say without totally losing my cool!

Mamaofthree- Happy Birthday to DS!!!

DOK- Is Roo back to school? How is he feeling? How are you?
Thinking of your sister in law!

Mindfulness- On Friday's we do things for our minds, body and spirit. So, Yoga, breathing, talking about feelings/concerns, and usually art or music. It is a nice way to end our week.

Hope everyone has a better day today!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#612 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
My poor SIL is struggling to pay for her anti rejection medicine (and other meds) every month. She had a kidney transplant and is doing well so far but she's having a hard time financially. Although she's still technically my SIL, her and my brother are separated and will eventually divorce. (I don't blame her.)
I've had a migraine most of the day (it's still not finished with me, I can tell, so this will be brief and I can't go back any further to read) so I haven't made it in. DOK, that is such utter SHYTE.. anyone who hs had a transplant should be GIVEN their anti rejection meds free of charge for LIFE. The surgery costs them or their insurance an enormous fortune, that should be part of the deal!

Some of you might have seen on fb that at 11pm our fridge went on the fritz last night... it kept tripping the circuit breaker and knocking out power to half the house! After panicking, we relocated stuff to the chest freezer and into a big cooler filled with ice and called a mobile repair guy who came out this afternoon. It was the defrost motor to the freezer, which he quickly pulled out and voila, back in biz. He'll bring a new one out in a few days when it arrives and we'll be good. A grand total of about 150ish bucks, but FAR less than the 1000 to buy a new fridge... which we do not have!!!!!

I am going to be presumptuous and go start the october thread now.. because I have had ENOUGH of September!!!!!!!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#613 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 11:27 AM

Bluets - thanks for the other suggestion! Safe travels and tell us about the conference when you get back!
NMM - I am wondering the same thing - what am I missing or what are the triggers which make mornings more explosive than usual? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you with your health and your soon to be L.O. sending

Update - this morning went smoothly, but I took charge of J (clothes, breakfast & lunch prep) and made DH handle/wrangle DS2(S). Unfortunately last night we had a meltdown in a store, which ended up with an awful tantrum (hit &kicking me) plus some hurtful words. I just kept my cool (barely) and we managed to walk home and had a T.O. I even managed to get J to calm down and understand the T.O (he knew why) and it was ok. I'm realizing its all in the approach, the calm voice and listening to their concerns a bit and a T.O can go smoothly.

I will be looking at mindfulness, but I think I'm also going to consider being present more to identify why I am frustrated and look for ways to fix or remove them. I'm finding we become stressed out more when there are other factors (like running late, we are not communicating well (DH & I) or creating self-imposed problems)

DOK - ugh are there any programs to assist her with getting her anti-rejection meds? Those meds are not cheap! Its a terrible way the system is set up to receive a transplant and its successful, only to be foiled economically to not be able to get the necessary medication to let your body continue to accept and live.

Mof3 - Your DH sounds like me with our finances... I'm always forgetting things. I do get the big picture and luckily remember that... oh yes we are scraping by Ugh about the car and how stressful for that moment. Glad you can look back and see some humor.
Cari - double UGH I'm ready for September to be over NOW too. A thought just struck me... I think I'm going to sweep my house today and the intention is to sweep out all of September and all this negative energy. HELLLOOOOO October!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#614 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 01:18 PM

I'm being treated for a uti. Even though the urine test was neg. I have symptoms and they detected blood in the urine.
She said that if it's not better by tomorrow, then they'll do blood tests, etc, to see if something is going on with my kidneys.

This is just...weird.

Quote:
DOK - ugh are there any programs to assist her with getting her anti-rejection meds? Those meds are not cheap!
She's been trying but even with some assistance, they cost $1000/month.

#615 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, DOK, one of my son's 3 meds-- WITH the pharmacy assistance program-- is $465/month
We managed to find an insurance that would take him It's called Inclusive Health and it's brand new (so yes, some of us po'folk are benefiting, sort of, from Obama's thang) and he's eligible! Unfortunately, I'm not...I haven't had insurance since 1999

Health care, yeah-- what a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
it is so freakin' draining dealing with his mental issues.
Oh gods, how I relate to this. You totally brought back memories of dealing with ds's father. Ye Gods yes, it is exhausting.

Quote:
So now he tells me when I'm being too bossy.

Quote:
I'm off to Black Mountain, NC for a huge women-only herbal conference. Maia - will wave as I fly -er, drive - past Asheville.
Oh yeah, that's the SE Women's Herbal thingy-- you should stop by, even for a second!! Or...when are you going to be there? I am in BM 2x a week and maybe I can stop by and see you. I can't have someone from my beloved Paganmamas forum be so close and not meet! PM me and I'll send you my phone number!

Quote:
he pulls up in a cab, because i have the ONLY KEY TO THE VAN! ugh!
thankfully i made it home ok. i was so mad i thought i would blow a gasket. lol now it is just so freaking funny. so tomorrow i will get a key made for dh, we need to get a new battery for the car and jumper cables. lol
dd did find the phone thankfully too. so it all worked out. lol
Good gracious, what a day, huh? Hey y'all should invest in a hide-a-key-- that is prob'ly the single best investment I've ever made, srsly. I haven't needed it often, but boy, when I have, I've been so glad I had it!

Quote:
I think I'm going to sweep my house today and the intention is to sweep out all of September and all this negative energy. HELLLOOOOO October!
Oh, great idea!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#616 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 01:45 PM

We had some financial garbage earlier this week. The budget for Dh's job fell through partially. So he still has the job, but he'll be paid $4000 less than he was told. It wouldn't be so bad if he had a good salary, but it's a small stipend as is.

Thankfully, he took it with style, and I hope his boss thinks more of him for that (and hires him for his job when he leaves). But now I'm trying to think of ways that we can expand our income. He's put in for substitute teaching in a few places, so that will help...but I need to think. Maybe I'll put in for tutoring on care.com or something. I can charge quite a bit because of my level of education, but I have to think whether people can afford me, too.

Health care in this country is for the birds. DoK, I'm so sorry for your friend.

Come ponder with me about food!
#617 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 03:13 PM

My mind is foggy... I'm really feeling the lack of light... September have been so grey and rainy, we are way over the normal amount of rain for this month. Just bought vit.D - hope it will help.

Just want to share that I have a car!!! A dark blue CR-V fully fonctional! What a change after the van and the car that both had things not working properly. And DH put it in MY name so it's really MY car! Being a SAHM, this is huge!

Sending good vibes to everyone!

Valérie   
#618 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 03:32 PM

goodness. so much crazyness. i'm going with it being the last hurrah before the bliss that will be october. yesterday was one of *those* days here.... seriously. i wont even go into it. blech. sounds like i wasnt the only one! (my personal theory was that mercury was secretly retrograde)

hugs and vibes and IT'S ALMOST OCTOBER to you all.

and thank you, for the thoughts. i had a realization this morning that is helping... and has made me decide that rather than hiding from it (by avoiding this thread), that i need to dose myself... carefully, but intentionally. i ran from an online group once before after a major life-style shift, and i think if i'd been able to stay part of the group *and* shift at the same time, it would have been much more powerful... if that makes sense. so, no more hiding under rocks for me. i may choose to ignore certain comments, though... so dont be expecting me to jump for joy if you say something about fall leaves.....

i'm going to be throwing a virtual birthday party for myself on the thread on tuesday. you've been warned.
#619 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 04:30 PM

Oh! a PARTY!!! What shall I wear??? A dress or my bathing suit? And what to drink? And eat? Let us know!

Valérie   
#620 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

i'm going to be throwing a virtual birthday party for myself on the thread on tuesday. you've been warned.
Woohoo! A chance to dress up in nice clothes that I don't have! I'm there!
And since it's virtual, I'll have a kick-butt figure, too.
Party on!

#621 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 05:14 PM

aweyn: you're in AZ right? if so the clothing would be NAKED! it is still so blazing hot here. looked at the weather for today 105!!! NUTS! really feeling done with the HOT.

ds#2 birthday is today. blew up lots of balloons and now the boys are making them "float" with the help of the floor fan. lol

ok back to cleaning. gotta pick up MIL and then bake a cake.

h

#622 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 06:13 PM

Afternoon

My computer is making me crazy I am going to see if the hubby can take a look at it. Hope everyone is doing well.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#623 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 06:48 PM

holy mountains! I forgot how flat southern Indiana is compared to eastern/southern Kentucky and Tennessee.

Yes, Maia - SE Wise Women is where I'll be, starting tomorrow. I've PM'ed you

And tomorrow is October!

Did I mention that I am ahead of Halloween this year? I've already made ds's Star Wars jawa cloak for him - now we just have to figure out what to do about the glowing eyes... and what to wear underneath.

The deer demolished my garden but I am apparently adept at growing squashes. I had some bizarre zucchini x winter squash hybrids, my first homegrown acorn squash, and various small pumpkins. Since I'm the only one who really likes winter squashes, I discovered a great way to eat it: bake it, then scrape out the inside and save. Use about 1/2 c. or so (I didn't measure) and 2 eggs. beat together. add some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice. maybe add some baking powder (I didn't but I will the next time). Make a BIG pancake in a frying pan. Let it cook on med heat. FLIP (this is the tricky part - it usually falls apart). Drench with maple syrup.

Now I'm hungry and the portable food I've got with me in this not-so-inexpensive-yet-cheap hotel in Knoxville is nowhere near as appealing as a winter squash pancake.

#624 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 07:11 PM

October, october, the beauty of.... OCTOBER!

I keep getting kicked off the computer today so I'm gonna keep this short... have a beautiful blessed and bountiful last bleepin' day of September. September 2010, you shall not be mourned.

Onward into glorious, healthy, financially solid, car starting joy, peace filled October. Wherever and whenever we all may be!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#625 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 07:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
Just want to share that I have a car!!!
Yay, that is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
YAY, a party!! What shall I wear? I've never been to Arizona. I hate heat Sundress? Isn't that your "uniform"? Me lurve sundresses. Will it be by the pool? Can we have drinks with little umbrellas?
I'll make the cake, if you want!

Quote:
ds#2 birthday is today. blew up lots of balloons and now the boys are making them "float" with the help of the floor fan. lol
Mmm, cake No cake for me for at least 5 more weeks.

Happy birthday to your ds2!! How old is he? I remember my ds liking to do that with balloons. I ought to re-introduce that activity

Quote:
holy mountains! I forgot how flat southern Indiana is compared to eastern/southern Kentucky and Tennessee.
Oh, girlfriend, just wait'll you get here! I'm used to it now. But when I first came out here, I used to clutch the handle of the car door with my eyes closed, singing "We All Come From The Goddess" to myself to keep from freaking out
Hint: do NOT drive on the other side of the center line around the curves

Quote:
I discovered a great way to eat it: bake it, then scrape out the inside and save. Use about 1/2 c. or so (I didn't measure) and 2 eggs. beat together. add some cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice. maybe add some baking powder (I didn't but I will the next time). Make a BIG pancake in a frying pan. Let it cook on med heat. FLIP (this is the tricky part - it usually falls apart). Drench with maple syrup.
Holy YUM, Batman I am SO making that sometime in the future.

See you in October, mamas!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#626 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Hint: do NOT drive on the other side of the center line around the curves
i do have experience on curves driving in WV. but those are rounded lumpy hills compared to the mountains just north of knoxville.

Valerie - YAY!
[i have a new car too, but it's a rental and for that $16/day of "insurance", i can send it over a cliff in a pique of anger and not be charged for it.]

and for those who are being hard on themselves, i received an email from gardenplum.com today (weekly sales?), and it featured this thing on self love: http://tinyurl.com/2dlwg94
they have some lovely things there... maybe i'll wear something to the party on tuesday
are we having alcohol-free margueritas? what is local cuisine in AZ anyway?

#627 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
are we having alcohol-free margueritas? what is local cuisine in AZ anyway?
I am having alcohol-free margueritas. Or something. I will be the designated driver

How do you make an alcohol-free marguerita anyway?

#628 of 630 Old 09-30-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
I am having alcohol-free margueritas. Or something. I will be the designated driver

How do you make an alcohol-free marguerita anyway?
so glad you asked
http://www.recipe.com/mock-margarita/

though i think i'll skip the food coloring.

#629 of 630 Old 10-01-2010, 02:31 AM

AZ: mexican food. lol at least for me. lol ahh the spice!

ds#2 is 9 today. the backpack full of explorer goodies was a HUGE hit, he loved it. dh did it up real good. binoculars, magnifying glass, compass, canteen, field notebook, lantern, and i got him a bag of cool rocks. plus my folks got him a new scooter and we picked him up a "ghost hunter" computer game, a football and a new helmet. he was so happy. made homemade pizza, rootbeer floats and a triple chocolate cake. he was in heaven.

h

#630 of 630 Old 10-01-2010, 08:15 AM

October thread is up. HERE

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page