Forum Jump: 

#1 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
YAY! I get to be first! Woohoo!

Boy do I love September. Now wouldn't it be so cool if my house sold this month

Come join us, Pagan mamas!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#2 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 AM

Morning, Happy September! I love September too. October is my favorite, so I have good things to look forward to. I hope it is that way for us all.

I only have a minute here because we're settling back into our morning school routine, but I wanted to pop in and send all of us peaceful hearts, minds and soul energy for this swirly month.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#3 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 11:35 AM

yayy september! lol. DD2 is now 11 mo old. time goes so fast.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#4 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 11:46 AM

Yipee September and I made it over here on the first.

Clay - thinking of you and yours. **new job, new job**
Maia - safe traveling!

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#5 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 11:52 AM

Hey there, everyone!

I'm looking forward to leaving the summer behind. It's been full of medical tests and appointments and waiting for answers. We finally got one, and while it sucks -- I have fibromyalgia -- I'm ready to move forward with this, figure out my therapies, and go on with my life.

We've found a really nice group of families near us who are either pagan or pagan-friendly and who want to start celebrating holidays together. I'm beyond psyched about this. The only thing I've felt was missing from our life is a community of faith for our children, and it looks like that's coming to be.
#6 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 12:20 PM

Clay: what a crappy thing to do to your dh. i am sure a good job will be coming.

dh and i had a short talk last nite. i kept to just the current issues and we made a "deal" he would do some work with me for the month of sept (read the mood cure, go running at least 3 times a week, eat better, etc) and schedule an appointment, now that we have insurance, to see a doctor and a counsler. so that feels better.

i have been trying to learn how to talk to and discuss things with people who make me nuts. it is so easy to find compassion and love and kindness for nice people, but to try and talk nicely to jerks... makes me nuts! lol
this weekend we have to go to a nieces birthday and there will probably be this one guy there who is a UA. and i just can't imagine having a nice talk with him. ugh! so i have been trying to work on my loving kindness... man that is hard! lol

happy septemeber!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#7 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 12:49 PM

happy september!

may it swiftly bring new jobs, happier & healthier partners and parents, cooler weather, sold houses, joyful times with loved ones, healthy & happy little ones, healthy & blissful mommas & mommas-to-be-again (& those precious little babes in belly!~ and any new blessings as desired!), feel-good-decisions about life changes & schooling & new homes & moves, and calm blessings from the stars above... and one of all of our most magical & celebratory mabons ever!

i was missing including inspiring images, so here's a little something to invoke some magic.... with a sweet little recipe for an herb broom!

xoxoxoxoxoxoox
#8 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 12:52 PM

Love your post Aweynsayl!

Many hugs and good finding job vibes to you Cari!

Yay for September!

Valérie   
#9 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 12:52 PM

Cari - and being sent!! When 1 door closes, a window opens up!

Yay for September! Today was our first day at school I held it together, but got snippy with DH this morning. I couldn't find anything - clothes, underwear , nada!!!

Once DH gets the pics uploaded I'll post a couple, Jack was a trooper and amazed with the classroom (loved the fish tank she has!). Not too keen on the getting into a line concepts, but overall I think he'll be having a ball today.

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#10 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 12:57 PM

Hello there.
I'm so glad to have found you all!

1 child, 36 years old, pagan, married

#11 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Cut my dang finger on my newly-sharpened kitchen knife OW!! Thank the Gods it was the straight knife, not the serrated one. That one hurt reallyreally badly, last time I cut myself on it.

That was Cari, not Clay, whose DH lost his job

CLAY-- gluten-free present for you: http://www.annesamoilov.com/chocolat...ous-chocolate/
I am so wanting to try these! I wonder if they'd work with honey rather than agave. Thoughts?

Oh, and this is great: http://www.annesamoilov.com/your-abs...-of-your-life/
Go to the bottom and click on "Are You Paying Attention?" This cool PDF blank list thingy comes up that is really deceptively simple. We all know we can do this w/o the list, but sometimes visual reminders help. Ones that someone else came up with.

Me lurve StumbleUpon

It is so hard to type with one finger bandaged up!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#12 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 01:58 PM

Happy September I am one of the ones who are glad August is over. Man that was or felt like a long month!

earthmama369, your community sounds so nice. That's what I need here

Aweyn, Love your post

Kierae, Welcome!

MO3, sounds like you and DH had a good talk I think it will all help, diet and exercise are a huge thing.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#13 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 02:40 PM

Hiya ladies!
I am new to MDC, happy to find such a lively Pagan thread!!

I am Wiccan, DH is Jewish. Our DS is 2.5, and we are raising him to participate in our respective traditions, but he will choose his own path, whatever that may end up being. DH would prefer raising them Jewish, but I refuse to budge on the issue of religious freedom. Until that day comes, DS loves observing Shabat with fresh-baked Challa, and daily prayers with Mommy(his favorite is holding the incense with me and blessing his bedroom )

I'm preggo with #2, due Nov 7, but I am secretly hoping she's here by the New Year!

Just wondering: how do you ladies feel about Trick-or-treating?
I feel at heart "Halloween" is pretty much a maltreatment of a most sacred day-but Trick-or-Treating is all about the kids, and I can't wait to dress DS up for his first trick-or-treat. But of course, we will celebrate Samhaim with lots of food and fun!! I just hope we can avoid one of our In-Laws usuall tasteless cards with a snaggle-toothed witch...

Anyway, so glad to have found you all!!
#14 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 02:59 PM

woot and here are the pictures!!! I have them on FB, but that's locked down tighter than a... well its pretty tight

ETA: Link failure!
Anyone know how to link to pictures I've posted in my album on MDC? Otherwise click on my profile & then album to see

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#15 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

ktg, it said "invalid link specified" or some such. Anyway, couldn't access it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMoonMum View Post
I feel at heart "Halloween" is pretty much a maltreatment of a most sacred day-but Trick-or-Treating is all about the kids, and I can't wait to dress DS up for his first trick-or-treat. But of course, we will celebrate Samhaim with lots of food and fun!! I just hope we can avoid one of our In-Laws usuall tasteless cards with a snaggle-toothed witch...
Welcome, to you and all newbies to the thread! Merry meet!

Halloween-- lurve it. It's separate from Samhain, IMO, just like the secular part of Christmas is separate from the celebration of Jesus' birthday, kwim?
It's like, there's social holidays (Halloween) and religious/spiritual holidays (Samhain). Plus, I'm not persnickity about celebrating on the exact day, so it's no biggie for me to have our Samhain celebration on another day. That way, DS can concentrate on the excitement of Halloween and T'orT without the seriousness of Samhain.
Make sense?
I should post "The Halloween Witch" again...I can't believe it's getting to be that time already.

#16 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 04:42 PM

arrrrrrgh! Thanks Maia for the linky failure. The pictures are in my album right now since FB is a pain in the @ss too.

Welcome Kierae & NewMoonMum!

Hmmm holidays... well we're quite the jumble (nod to catholicism (for my parents), judaism (DH & his parents) & paganism) so for us its celebrating the sacred, and drawing like minded points across to each if possible.

NewMoonMum - your thoughts remind me of how loudly I've heard our local catholic community grumble about how much Christmas is a maltreatment of one of their most sacred holidays. My favorite slogan is "Putting the CHRIST back in Christmas"... to which I think to myself well where did he go? He's only a babe! Sorry for my terrible humor somedays! It's better in my head I promise

My mantra for my family is to take personal ownership of how we want to celebrate the holidays and then laugh/embrace the whimsy of the season!

Not to get ahead of myself this year... but I am now inspired to dress up like one of the Owen Sisters from practical magick (yes - stripped tights, pointy hat & black umbrella!)

#17 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 05:42 PM

First day of 2nd grade today. Tomorrow is the emergency IEP meeting.
Hold me, mama's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kierae View Post
Hello there.
I'm so glad to have found you all!
Welcome to our cozy group!

Quote:
Welcome! I think Trick-or-Treating is great fun! It's one of the things that I truly loved as a child. I still get excited about it!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#18 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
Not to get ahead of myself this year... but I am now inspired to dress up like one of the Owen Sisters from practical magick (yes - stripped tights, pointy hat & black umbrella!)
Oooh, I am so stealing this

#19 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
I am now inspired to dress up like one of the Owen Sisters from practical magick (yes - stripped tights, pointy hat & black umbrella!)
LOVE that idea!

#20 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Our whole forum should dress like Owens'!!

#21 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 07:22 PM

Haven't watched that movie in a bazillion years. Wonder if it's on instant queue.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#22 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
I have so many umbrella's as it is... I don't want to buy a black one!

#23 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Hello there!

I am very new to this idea. I was raised in a Baptist church, with a whole bunch of busybodies for church members. Yeah, that's a great role model
In any event I broke from that ideal in college, and have since been a wandering agnostic, creeping ever closer to paganism. I never feel as spiritual as I do in a grove of trees.
DH is very supportive. He said he's not concerned how we raise our hypothetical children as long as they don't tell him he's going to hell because he doesn't believe in the christian doctrine.
I am looking for a community to learn from. I have a budding interest in tarot, but no deck, and no money for a deck until I find a job. I have been unemployed for a month now. But, always filling out applications, so always hoping. I lurked all over your august thread, and really enjoyed the conversations. This month I think I'll jump on in.

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
#24 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 08:14 PM

i could go as the pregnant owen sister. lol i so love that movie.
as far as i know it isn't on instant play on netflix. so we usually just get a dvd every month or so. lol

heard some good news about dh's nephew. they were able to take him off his meds for ADHD and he is doing great. they worked with his teacher and school and did some diet changes, and he is doing great. it is so nice to hear.

going to urgent care today so i can get on some abx for this damn uti. thank the gods for health insurance finally starting! now that is a birthday gift! lol

ok, i am confused, whose dh was let go yesterday? i thought it was clays.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#25 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome kierae! Welcome NewMoonMum! Welcome Brittee! Wishing you good vibes on your job hunt, and the tarot deck of your dreams sometime soon! Have you ever thought of borrowing some books on Tarot and trying to design your own? If I had any artistic skill I would love to try doing that. I may try anyway, sometime.

earthmama369, you've been on the thread before but not posted much lately, iirc? Welcome/welcome back! I've had some summer health stuff too, even today. More tests and appointments, to come, nothing serious I think, but I want it taken care of. Today's challenge - gotta dig up hospital records on surgeries I had in the 80s for my new dr.

How was the first day of school, ktg? I couldn't find your album...? My dd is homeschooling this year. My ds started grade one this week. He met a little girl at the playground after school and reported with great excitement that he has a date to meet her at recess in the rose garden (part of their school playground). She is apparently a second grader and, alas, the forces of age segregation may prove a barrier to their budding friendship. I'm refraining from teasing him irl but he is just so adorable about all this.

NewMoonMum, my family is - spiritually eclectic, I think. My dh and his family is Catholic (which my own protestant/Christian forebears consider plenty Pagan in itself) and I've been exploring various aspects of Paganism. I am not (or not yet) committed to anything enough to say "I am this" as you say "I am Wiccan." I hope you get your Samhain baby, btw!

We celebrate dressing up and going out with the kids on Hallowe'en. I find the holiday irritating because of the candy, which we don't eat much of. I may suggest that the children say "No thanks!" at the door when offered chocolate, esp, as they won't eat it and dh and I sure don't need it!
We do enjoy going to homes that are decorated to the max - I have not thought of the ugly images of witches as offensive, though I can see that they are, especially to Wiccans!

We also celebrate the Day of the Dead - dh as All Soul's Day, myself and the kids as Dia de Los Muertos, in more of a Mexican style, with lots of treats, ancestor remembrance and dancing skeletons. We're Canadian, so have Remembrance Day in mid November, so I think of the first two weeks of Nov. as a season of remembrance, remembering those who have passed, both close family and friends, and those lost in massacres, pogroms, genocides and wars past.

Thanks for the good wishes for September, esp aweyn (love that linked picture) and femme rouge. How did your back to school go, btw, fr?

Quote:
Man, I have *got* to get hold of a copy of that movie!

Had a Very Important Dream last night in which I found myself in my recently-passed and much-beloved grandmother's old house, which was about to be bulldozed down. Her old house and garden actually were ripped down to build apartments, I discovered, when I went to her funeral I had to choose what to save for myself from the house and get out quickly. I picked a little Chinese-style white porcelain dragon, which was very like one I bought a dragon-loving girlfriend twenty years ago, and also (I think) a little white stoneware bowl. I've been pondering the symbolism of these objects for me, and what they might represent about my past. I love dream interpretation.
#26 of 630 Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 PM

Welcome new sisters!

Aweyn- thanks for the linky...need me some inspiration.

Grr, just erased my post, had more to say but need to get some sleep. Oh well, off to bed and I can play catch up in the morning.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#27 of 630 Old 09-02-2010, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Cari - and being sent!! When 1 door closes, a window opens up!
Thank you mama! We were in panic mode very briefly, then went into solve this problem mode! DH just had an interview and said it went very well. They gave him some paperwork and he has to get it all sorted and return in asap, if all is well he could start next wed. Don't know the exact $$ but there is an hourly rate option as well as an adhoc option (65% of the value of each delivery). Apparently the ad hoc can get very got money, but I'd ahve to save for the proverbial rainy day to keep from stressing! We'll discuss when he gets home

Quote:
That was Cari, not Clay, whose DH lost his job
Oh thank goodness, I thought her dh had gotten the axe as well! Glad to hear it's a misunderstanding

Quote:
Hiya ladies!

Anyway, so glad to have found you all!!
Welcome

Re Halloween... I tend to think of it separate from Samhain, which isn't so hard for me since Samhain is in April here I always LOVED dressing up to go ToT and even after realizing my pagan-ness about 13odd years ago, never felt at odds with it.

Mama's I am happy to report that it looks like DH has a new job He interviewed today, has to get a police check, driving record printout and do the official paperwork...but if he gets all that done tomorrow, he can start induction mid next week The money is looking like it will be roughly the same, and could be considerably more depending on how motivated he is to pick up extra. Breathing a HUGE sigh of relief!

I'm sorry that I haven't been 'here' this past week.. but Daim has sort of 'felt' this coming (and found out today that Jason had been putting it off for nearly 2 weeks, because he didn't want to do it & was trying to make the 'boss' do it himself!) So we've been rather scattered.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#28 of 630 Old 09-02-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Hiya ladies!

I am Wiccan, DH is Jewish. Our DS is 2.5, and we are raising him to participate in our respective traditions, but he will choose his own path, whatever that may end up being.
I'm preggo with #2, due Nov 7, but I am secretly hoping she's here by the New Year!

Hello, welcome Congrats on Baby #2 I am Jewish too, I incorporate some of my beliefs in my Pagan ways It is very difficult for me to put a label on what I am so I just stick to Pagan I am like the other mamas here I keep Halloween and Samhain separate. I Love both so much. My favorite time of the year!

Quote:
Halloween-- lurve it. It's separate from Samhain, IMO,

Quote:
One of my favorite movies and my favorite way to dress for Halloween

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittee View Post
Hello there!

I never feel as spiritual as I do in a grove of trees.

I am looking for a community to learn from. I have a budding interest in tarot, but no deck, and no money for a deck until I find a job.
Hello, welcome One of my favorite places to just hang is in the woods. I feel drawn to trees, I am always noticing trees when most people around me don't? This is my most favorite community, the mamas here are wonderful, supportive and filled with knowledge I love Aubergine68's idea for the tarot cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post

heard some good news about dh's nephew. they were able to take him off his meds for ADHD and he is doing great. they worked with his teacher and school and did some diet changes, and he is doing great. it is so nice to hear.
Good news I wish my Brother would consider trying a change in diet for my Nephew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Have you ever thought of borrowing some books on Tarot and trying to design your own? If I had any artistic skill I would love to try doing that. I may try anyway, sometime.

NewMoonMum, my family is - spiritually eclectic, I think. My dh and his family is Catholic (which my own protestant/Christian forebears consider plenty Pagan in itself) and I've been exploring various aspects of Paganism. I am not (or not yet) committed to anything enough to say "I am this" as you say "I am Wiccan." I hope you get your Samhain baby, btw!

Had a Very Important Dream last night in which I found myself in my recently-passed and much-beloved grandmother's old house, which was about to be bulldozed down. Her old house and garden actually were ripped down to build apartments, I discovered, when I went to her funeral I had to choose what to save for myself from the house and get out quickly. I picked a little Chinese-style white porcelain dragon, which was very like one I bought a dragon-loving girlfriend twenty years ago, and also (I think) a little white stoneware bowl. I've been pondering the symbolism of these objects for me, and what they might represent about my past. I love dream interpretation.
Love the tarot idea I am with you on exploring many aspects of Paganism. I am always reading, researching I sometimes think I will never stop and be able to put a title/label/name to what I am, but that's what I love. I just say Pagan for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Mama's I am happy to report that it looks like DH has a new job He interviewed today, has to get a police check, driving record printout and do the official paperwork...but if he gets all that done tomorrow, he can start induction mid next week The money is looking like it will be roughly the same, and could be considerably more depending on how motivated he is to pick up extra. Breathing a HUGE sigh of relief!

#29 of 630 Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 AM

Morning It has been so HOT here and today is going to be another scorcher Today I am off to get my teeth cleaned and grocery shop. The kids have a long weekend, no school tomorrow or Monday. This weekend I have a few more things to get for them for school so that's what will be going on here.

#30 of 630 Old 09-02-2010, 09:47 AM

Hi all,

I missed yesteday, feeling like I was underwater, with an oh so lovely ear infection. Today it feels much better, but this is my week off, and I'm sick of being sick! I've had a sinus whatever off and on for the past month.

Congrats Cari on yor DH's new job! We're still waiting to hear about my DH's job. I think this guy must be heavily affected by Mercury Retrograde or something....ugh. But we should hear back from him because he works with people that DH works with over the summer. So we expect at least some courtesy even if he doesn't get the job.

Come ponder with me about food!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page