Traditional Catholic Moms Fall 2010 chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-20-2010, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceAndLove
Can you open your heart and home to foster children?
No... I am not in the US and the system is different here. We are not what they look for. (Partly, although this is a minor point, due to belinging to this thread.)

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 PM
JMJ

Anumaria, God has a plan for you. I pray that you discern what it is.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:30 PM

Anumaria, stay strong. I will say some prayers for you, too.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

Old 10-20-2010, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
and prayers, Anumaria. Fostering can be very hard, but it might be worthwhile. I have a friend from our co-op/rosary group who had one child and infertility/recurrent m/c who started fostering and has been able to adopt children that way.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anumaria View Post
No... I am not in the US and the system is different here. We are not what they look for. (Partly, although this is a minor point, due to belinging to this thread.)
you cannot foster because you're Catholic?!?! (of course, that is what I am assuming based on your response)

I will keep you, your hubby, and your DC in my prayers.

Proud Catholic (30) and mama to V (10)
Old 10-21-2010, 01:52 PM

Anumaria,
You are in my prayers!

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:12 PM

We had the baby baptized today
Old 10-23-2010, 11:23 PM

OH, Happy Baptism Day to your little one! How special!

Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

Old 10-24-2010, 12:03 AM

My cousin, Robert, was killing in a motorcycle accident several days ago.
He was pronounced dead on the scene.

Please pray for his family. And most especially for his daughter, Chelsea. She has struggled quite a bit in her life, and I am sure that this event has rocked everything for her.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:43 PM

They have my prayers!

Old 10-26-2010, 05:06 PM

My best friend called me today, and told me that she had a miscarriage over the weekend.

Not only that, but when she was released from the hospital, she had a voice mail from her mother telling my best friend that her father's kidneys are failing, and his chemo treatments are being stopped.

It had been a terrible weekend for her. Please pray for her, and for the baby. She has the feeling that the baby was a girl. Unfortunately, it was too early for the gender of the baby to be immediately known.

Thank you.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:59 PM

Oh, no! Boy, your family and friends sure are having a rough time. My heart and prayers for all.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post
Oh, no! Boy, your family and friends sure are having a rough time. My heart and prayers for all.
*sigh* That they are.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:43 PM

Congratulations, Katie!

P&L: I'm so sorry. Your family and friends are in my prayers.

Mom to DS March '05 and : DD Feb. '08
Old 10-27-2010, 08:17 PM

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I'm a convert. I'm in the process now of having my kiddos Baptised. Finally got up the nerve to ask the couple I wanted to be Godparents, and they agreed. So I stopped by the parish today to get the process rolling, and it seems like it's going to be pretty complicated (partly due to my family's schedule).

Would you guys mind sharing the process at your parish and how it works? I'm curious if my parish is stricter than most.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:47 PM

When I converted, my husband and I had to have our marriage blessed, since we had no idea he was under any obligation as a Catholic to be married in the Church, and our then 3 children had to be baptized. Our priest was fantastic, and let us do it all in one go on a Saturday.

Our current priest prefers to only do baptisms during Mass. First time parents are required to go through a class, and otherwise a meeting is set up prior to the date to meet and discuss what is expected of parents in bringing up children in the faith.

I have heard in some parishes, there can be a lot more requirements. It seems to depend on the individual priest, to a large extent.

Welcome to the Church!!

Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 AM

I had to sit through a Saturday class, and the godparents had to send in a copy of their sacramental certificates. It was pretty cut and dry.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:35 AM

I got DDs Halloween costume finished!
She is going as St. Benedict's twin sister St. Scholastica.

I used McCalls pattern M2340 to make the gown, and then used about 1/2 a yard of fabric for the whimple. I sewed the whimple to a cloth covered headband for easy wearing and stay-put-ability.

I am going to take pics when she gets home from school, and then post them on FB. I will put up a link later tonite so all y'all can see!

Old 10-28-2010, 11:02 AM

Sounds like a great costume, P&L!

Old 10-28-2010, 11:19 AM

Prayers for your friends and family that need them, PAL

I could use prayers, too. An old friend died yesterday morning. I'm not sure what happened yet, a friend called to tell me and said his wife woke up and found him dead in their living room. He has two children, 8 and 2. Though I haven't seen him much recently, we were good friends as teenagers. Kind of odd, my best friend dated him, and I dated his best friend (and we all stayed good friends even after we were no longer dating). Now that he's gone, it's just me and my friend left from that little group (the other friend committed suicide my senior year).

Amanda, my husband and I were married in a civil ceremony, but since we were both atheists and we later converted together, we were told by our priest that we didn't need a convalidiation (apparently converting together automatically convalidated the marriage). Anyway, we had our oldest two baptized about a month after we converted. When #3 and #4 came, we just called Fr and asked to set up a date for their baptisms. I know it's not uncommon in many parishes to go through baptism classes, though. But our parish is very small, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it?
Old 10-28-2010, 12:33 PM

Thanks for all the prayers!

Yes, part of the reason fostering would be hard for us is that we are Catholics and my dh is not a native of the country in which we live. They actually ask what religion you are on the paperwork. Both of these things could also work in our favor if there was a child of the same religion and 2nd language, but the chances of that are extremely small. However, there are other issues as well, mainly, that our income is not enough for them and we move between two countries too much. BUT, I do trust that God has some plan for our family.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:33 AM

well I wanted to update my situation.
Dh has decided he is getting a v. I do not agree but feel that I have done everything in my power to convince him otherwise. The lord and the blessed mother have both spoken to me very clearly and I will continue to do what I believe is right. I can't stop dh which is frustrating. I feel that God will go to my husband (dh is trying to listen, i think) with another alternative.
After I posted a few wks ago dh went and spoke to a priest as it was going to be our anniversary weekend away in vegas for 2 nights (first time in yrs) and I was ovulating. The priest told him that it was his sin and not mine if he used condoms but that basically he felt he was being a wimp and needed to just buck up and trust God so..... dh comes hom and said, yes I would like to leave it open I do want another baby. (that was on thursday and by sunday he had changed his mind again). The back adn forth crap is what is so hard for me. So he tells me on tuesday that he has decided to get the v doesn't know when but just told me he is really considering it. Well on wednesday I got this. I am pretty excited but also scared to death. This is my last chance and I just don't know if I can go through another loss right now. Please pray for us, the last 6 months has really been a roller coaster ride.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 AM

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers tonight.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:54 PM

Praying for you and especially for your husband to have peace and trust in God's will. Congratulations!! Also, prayers for a healthy little bean!

Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 AM

Prayers for you and your family Nicole, and congratulations on your newest blessing.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:17 PM
JMJ

Congratulations, Nicole! Praise God for all the work that he is doing in your family and especially in your husband's heart. I will continue to pray for his battle with temptation and for your growing family.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Congratulations, Nicole!

Mom to DS March '05 and : DD Feb. '08
Old 11-10-2010, 09:48 AM

Hey all-

prayers, please.  I got a call on Monday that I got a job, and I need to start on Tuesday, the 16th.

There are some issues with that, including custody of my daughter and relocating her.  Please pray that her father listens to what I have to say, and that the move goes smoothly.

Old 11-10-2010, 10:24 PM

Prayers for you, P&L.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceAndLove View Post

Hey all-

prayers, please.  I got a call on Monday that I got a job, and I need to start on Tuesday, the 16th.

There are some issues with that, including custody of my daughter and relocating her.  Please pray that her father listens to what I have to say, and that the move goes smoothly.

Prayers coming your way.

Oh boy...change....I do not like change. I am not digging this new upgrade.

Heidi

User Tag List