modest swimwear - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 09-21-2010, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a fb friend that designed some modest swimwear and I thought that I would share her site here in case anyone is interested.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#2 of 14 Old 09-27-2010, 10:41 AM

Wow those suits are wicked skin-tight, which is not very modest IMO. Sorry.

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#3 of 14 Old 09-27-2010, 12:10 PM

Swimsuits are suppose to be skin tight so the fabric doesn't weigh you down in the water. I think they are nice considering a lot of swimsuits don't cover nearly as much skin. They're a bit out of my price range though.

Mom to a 2.5 girlie and a new one in late February/early March
#4 of 14 Old 09-27-2010, 12:31 PM

my bathing suit isn't skin tight. I know of other companies that sell non tight swimsuits. Whatever just my opinion.

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#5 of 14 Old 09-28-2010, 04:06 PM

I really like this site: modestclothes.com they have links to tons of online clothing stores, and it is organized by style and religion. They even have wigs. I like it because they have "modest swimsuits" so while I don't consider the above modest at all in my religion, they have a link to something that I would wear. And they have stores listed there that are in-between of what I consider to be modest (a loose, full body suit) and what someone else might consider modest(a one piece, or a knee length suit)

hijab.gif Childbirth Educating and Doula-ing wife toflowersforyou.gif , and mama to hammer.gif6/09. Story of my life:buddamomimg1.pngduh.gif knit.gifscared.gifsewmachine.gifdishes.gifcd.giftea6.gifread.gifsleepytime.gif

#6 of 14 Old 09-28-2010, 05:16 PM

I find this thread odd. I mean, the suits are fine for what they're designed for, but even according to the site and designer they are not designed to be modest swimwear, but rather sun-protective swimwear which retains significant sex appeal and allows for bust size enhancement. I'm not interested in playing modesty police, it's just not what the site itself says these are about.
#7 of 14 Old 09-28-2010, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, they cover more than a regular bathing suit would so for a lot of people they would be modest. I like the wrap style top and can see wearing it with board shorts or something.
#8 of 14 Old 10-03-2010, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

There just aren't many options that cover this much skin so I thought I would add it here in case someone was interested. I have difficulty finding one piece suits especially for teenagers so I thought this was a plus. Her original site advertised these as "modest" but she has since changed the marketing to sun safe.
I have seen a few suits that are loose but if you are lap swimming then it would cause quite a bit of drag.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#9 of 14 Old 10-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Degrees of modesty is a tough issue.

For me, these aren't something I would be able to wear, as they appear to be skin tight and are super short. For some people, they cover more than a regular bathing suit, which makes it ok.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#10 of 14 Old 10-03-2010, 05:05 PM

I'd say these are a fair bit more modest than the average thing you would find even in a department store. I tend to think that it's on the beach that one wants to be more covered - in the water it's not like you can see much anyway. These would work pretty well with a nice beach wrap.

I rather like them. I don't tend to worry a lot of bout bodies though - I think I became immune to that sort of thing when I was in the army.

I like the mind to be a dustbin of scraps of brilliant fabric, odd gems, worthless but fascinating curiosities, tinsel, quaint bits of carving, and a reasonable amount of healthy dirt.
#11 of 14 Old 10-03-2010, 11:36 PM

This is probably one of those instances in which it's better that I hush. The deliberate bust enhancement aspect tripped me over into a moment of, "wha?", but I do totally understand that people, self-included, meet their own modesty standards through dress that wasn't marketed with a "come look, modest apparel here!" angle all the time.
#12 of 14 Old 10-04-2010, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquesce View Post
This is probably one of those instances in which it's better that I hush. The deliberate bust enhancement aspect tripped me over into a moment of, "wha?", but I do totally understand that people, self-included, meet their own modesty standards through dress that wasn't marketed with a "come look, modest apparel here!" angle all the time.
I don't really get the bust enhancement thing - I find a large bust to be a big pain at the beach - but it might be important to someone who wore a prosthetic breast.

I like the mind to be a dustbin of scraps of brilliant fabric, odd gems, worthless but fascinating curiosities, tinsel, quaint bits of carving, and a reasonable amount of healthy dirt.
#13 of 14 Old 10-10-2010, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I, personally, read the pockets for breast pads thing being like my nursing tops and such. I don't use them because of the shifting lumpiness but a lot of people do so that they can make sure their nipples don't show through.
#14 of 14 Old 10-10-2010, 06:57 PM

The actual quote in the description was with regard to enhancing cup size. Thus. But like I said, that for example a scarf might be sold as a funky tie-around tube top wouldn't stop me from re-purposing it into my own wardrobe. So meh.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page