~*~ October Pagan Families Circle ~*~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
per request of Jack - hale

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#62 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
DoK-It read like you had a nice day yesterday. How was the movie? I want to take my kids to it, but I think it'll be too intense for them. They're 4 and 6.
It was a good day. Expensive, but good.
The movie was cool. Beautiful to look at. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone younger than 7 or 8. It's very wordy and not easy to follow. I read the book and I still had trouble following it!
The baby owls are just so darn cute! (can't wait to get the puppet in the mail)

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#63 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 01:42 PM

Oooo! Can anyone who is part of the UU church give me a bit of an inside peak as far as kids services go? My husband and I went years ago before we had any children, and I'm thinking I would enjoy having somewhere to go that is pagan friendly and open-minded. But I'm always a bit hesitant when the kids are involved.

A fire sounds so nice. Unfortunately this house came with an uncompleted propane fireplace, so we can't use it. I'm really looking forward to later this month as we're taking a trip to Boise for a midwifery retreat and the vacation house we've picked is on acreage and has a huge fire pit for bonfires!

I think our temps are finally going to dip tomorrow and I'm so thrilled! Time to break out some warmer clothes.

It's overcast and ookey outside today so I think my plans involve some studying, and the knitting of cowls.

Kat

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#64 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 02:58 PM

Welcome, rajahkat, and Hello there, meandk0610 - feel free to jump in at any time you feel moved to do so!

Busy time here, and going to be that way through the middle of the month for me. Still finding the groove of October. The anniversary of my dad's death was Oct 1 and so for me the solemn, thinning-of-the-veil feeling always comes around early and stays till mid-November.

I'm reading along and thinking of everyone!

T. Thorne Coyle (who is on facebook and will friend fans who request thoughtfully, btw) shared a really amazing youtube reading of a poem by Drew Dellinger that gave me goosebumps called Angels and Ancestors . I'm trying to puzzle out the words now- reminds me of being a kid and trying to figure the lyrics of a song through much listening and rewinding.

Here's a verse that made me think of this circle:

"You know, I feel like the ancestors brought us together
I feel like the ancestors brought us here
And they expect great things.

They expect us to say what we think
And live how we feel
And follow the hard paths that bring us near joy.

They expect us to nurture all the children...."

Anyway, a thought. Hope someone enjoys it! And that you all have a wonderful day
#65 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
and i'm laughing so hard you all think the party will be in az. heck, no.
magical medieval forest, of course!
Oh, well yay, then! What time of year is it in the magical medieval forest? Shall I wear short sleeves or long? Boots or bare feet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post
I forgot to mention, I got a job with the Goodwill.

I'll have to find a daycare as well that takes children but I know they'll work around that too.
Yay on the job, but...do you know of daycares that take anybody but children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
and I am resisting the urge to make things - I want to make a huge spiderweb/weaving wall hanging project with some of the fallen branches we have and the extra hemp twine and leftover beads I have laying around.
Why are you resisting the urge? It sounds like a perfect Fall thing to do Your project sounds wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
The movie was cool. Beautiful to look at. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone younger than 7 or 8. It's very wordy and not easy to follow. I read the book and I still had trouble following it!
I'm having a brain blip here...what movie did you see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajahkat View Post
Oooo! Can anyone who is part of the UU church give me a bit of an inside peak as far as kids services go? My husband and I went years ago before we had any children, and I'm thinking I would enjoy having somewhere to go that is pagan friendly and open-minded. But I'm always a bit hesitant when the kids are involved.
The UU has a wonderful RE program, IMO. The kids learn about all different religions. I've seen them praying on prayer mats like Muslims and celebrating Solstices in circle and talking about Jesus and learning about Buddhism...I think it's really cool that they can identify as one religion (UU) and yet, within that framework, learn about all other ones. They do a much better job that I ever could.
Plus they learn about how to treat other people, different family structures, disabilities, just fairness in general, and how we're all connected.
It's very cool
Some services have the kids involved-- like today, we had an intergenerational (IG) beginning, where the kids were upstairs for the first 15m or so. The opening was how it usually is, then the kids all came to the center for a story, then they got sung down to their classrooms.
Sometimes it's a fully IG service, but not often, and when it is, it's more kid-geared.
Usually they just go right to their classrooms and do their thing.

Personally, I love it. I don't know if you saw my previous post. My ds is 9. The older kids in our church are just the most amazing people, and I'm convinced that years in the UU helped shape them that way.

HTH

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#66 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 03:17 PM

tues is DD2's bday. one whole year. right after that i will get out the halloween decs and set them up. kids love that. i will be showing them the stuff that is specifically Samhain. as i have decided to teach DSD about it. she needs some stable religion and neither parent is teaching her really, and they gave me the green light. i am the primary parent for her anyway. i hate teaching stuff to only dds. it makes dsd feel left out.

so i have been having premonitions kinda like the one i had before i got preg with DS. i dont wanna believe them bc the (what i thought were) prems didnt work out. and now i dont trust my intuition. what do you do when you think you are being shown something? how do you figure out if you really are or you are imagining it?

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#67 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
so i have been having premonitions kinda like the one i had before i got preg with DS. i dont wanna believe them bc the (what i thought were) prems didnt work out. and now i dont trust my intuition. what do you do when you think you are being shown something? how do you figure out if you really are or you are imagining it?
Sometimes I think premonitions are the way the universe gives us possibilities. It's not a definitely going to happen thing, but a chance for us to consider how a given situation could/ would play out. Do we want this to happen, not happen, what can we do to avoid this or encourage this to happen, or do we need to just let go and see where the universe takes us.

Kat

treehugger.gif Kat- mama to 6 little trees
#68 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Yay on the job, but...do you know of daycares that take anybody but children?

HTH
LOL! I didn't finish that! I meant to say, children like dd. It can be slightly difficult here in our more conservative area. But I'm sure I could find one.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#69 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Hi Ladies,
Let's see if I can follow the thread this time. It's probably been a year since I have. Things have gotten so busy lately. Been spending a lot of time thinking about my priorities and my path. Money is tight, but had to turn down a job that was too time consuming for the $ involved & didn't allow me to work on my business and long term goals. Hoping it was the right decision.

treehugger.gif
#70 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
tues is DD2's bday. one whole year. right after that i will get out the halloween decs and set them up. kids love that. i will be showing them the stuff that is specifically Samhain. as i have decided to teach DSD about it. she needs some stable religion and neither parent is teaching her really, and they gave me the green light. i am the primary parent for her anyway. i hate teaching stuff to only dds. it makes dsd feel left out.

ooh! post here if anyone has figured this out; i find this uncertainty maddening!
#71 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 05:30 PM

you guys crack me up. when i was at target the other day they had hot pink sparkly skeletons right next to christmas lights and those movable deer. i got all giddy! i just love this time of year, so much celebrating going on. you got halloween, thanksgiving, yule, new years. woop! and all nicely kicked off with mabon last month! party party and EAT!!

the kids did great on the AIDS walk. it was great. i love seeing so many people out supporting a cause. we were going to go to the LGBT festival after the walk, but everyone was too pooped out. by the time we were done walking it was almost 100 out. maybe next year it will be back to normal and only be in the low to mid 90's. lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#72 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 06:30 PM

Ok, I admit it. I'm cold. It's 56 outside and 67 inside. I forgot that I don't have any sweaters anymore (I wore them to pieces and haven't gotten more.)

And I only have a couple pairs of full length pants. Oh, and I can't find my long sleeve shirts. Brrr.

Quote:
I'm having a brain blip here...what movie did you see?
Owls of Ga'Hoole (not in 3D). I'd love to attempt seeing it in 3D. I bet it would be stunning. I tend to get serious motion sickness though so I'm not sure if I should do it.

#73 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 06:30 PM

I know this is awful, but I bought orange Halloween makeup and I'm actually going to be a pregnant Snooki from Jersey shore. I'm going to wear a horrible wig with a bump at the top and ill fitting clothing

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
#74 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
LOL! I didn't finish that! I meant to say, children like dd. It can be slightly difficult here in our more conservative area. But I'm sure I could find one.
Well, that certainly makes a lot more sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade's Mom View Post
Hi Ladies, Let's see if I can follow the thread this time.
Well, welcome back!

Off to eat chicken soup, catch y'all later

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#75 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 07:05 PM

hi ladies-so sorry I must do another fly-by post here...lots of things I wants to say, but cold sweats are taking over.
Still, I pushed myself to post my blog!
Here it is:

http://thewitchymama.blogspot.com/

(let me know if that does not work, I am pretty much a techno-boob.)

PLEASE stop by, comment, give feedback! I am nervous!
#76 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMoonMum View Post

Don't be nervous. Looks great so far!

#77 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 09:39 PM

So, I can't decide between this http://www.roxx-online.com/roxxonlin....cfm?pro_id=60 or this http://www.roxx-online.com/roxxonlin...Id=58&cat_id=1

Or, aweyn, are they too "heavy" for your party? Shall I find something lighter? It's right chilly where I live, now, so I'm wearing long sleeves. If I wore the strap one, I can find a stole or wrap or something to wear with.

The strap one I'd wear combat boots with and the blue? No idea. Probably some kind of black pointy lace-up boots, maybe even with heels. Though I never wear heels anymore.

What kind of birthday cake would you like?

#78 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 10:17 PM

I've been looking for somewhere to wear this dress....with those shoes, too, I think!

And I'd like to bring an entourage -- the guys wearing horns and the one wearing leaves from this image.... (if you click Continue you can scroll through and get closeups)

ETA - definitely the red and black, Maia!
#79 of 652 Old 10-03-2010, 10:27 PM

Welcome, rajahkat, and hello to meandk0610, and Jade's Mom.

It has gotten very cool here over the last couple of days. We have been opening the windows and letting the outdoors cool down the indoors.

So I am have an INCREDIBLY difficult time at work right now and would like a suggestion. Be it tapping, a candle, a spell, I need something for calm and perseverance while I look for another job. With DH being out of work, we can't afford for me to quit the one I have now and then look. But you ladies can only guess how tempting it is to walk out and not go back...EVER!! I've started eating lunch in my car, I feel like I can't breathe in the office, and it's very hard not to just drive myself home. The boss is bi-polar, with an extreme failure to communicate. The man can only talk in monologue style rants, which frequently is neither helpful nor pertinent to me asking what kind of appointment I should be making for someone who is on hold. Yeah, he made me cry the other day.

Anyway, I have to go to bed. 6:20 comes crazy early, and I am not a morning person.

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
#80 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 12:22 AM

maia: the red one! love it!

Aubergine68: i like the leaf one the best. i think dh would look tasty in that.

the walk was great. got really hot towards the end... 100 by the time we finished. so we ended up skipping the festival which is a bummer. maybe next year.

tomorrow it is suppose to be down to 95! woot. and then only 90 on tuesday. i am so excited. fall is coming!

so dh's niece's baby is sick and pukey, and the ped told her pedilyte only, no breast feeding and give her rice and bananas. what an idiot! breastmilk is the best thing for the baby. i can't stand it that doctors don't seem to get that. i told her to keep nursing, but she will probably not do it. ugh!

so the seeds i started last sunday are HUGE plant like things now! i will have to get them outside, but it is still so warm for little baby plants.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#81 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 09:13 AM

Awyen's par tay!

My dress, regency era inspired, scroll down and it is the one in velvet.

I will have spiral curls and wear my hair down.

Love the dresses ladies!

Aweyn- what is on the menu?

Should we dress our dates? Are we bringing our true significant others or our dream dates? hehe

Happy Birthday beautiful Aweyn! May the Goddess shine on you today!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#82 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajahkat View Post
Hi all! I've been meaning to join in on this thread for awhile (um years?) and have managed to catch it at the beginning of the month!
Hello Welcome

Quote:
OH!!! oh!! I forgot the news; I got to meet bluets yesterday!
I so wish we all could have a meet-up or something.
How wonderful. It would be awesome if we all could meet one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Post
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Mornin' all!

We have the wood stove burning today... it's cold and we finished the chimney cleaning yesterday. But the house is kind of smokey and I need to figure out where it's coming from while the weather is still kinda friendly.
I tried to get my stove fired up this weekend but the frame on the door broke DH had to take it apart and we are shopping for a replacement part now. I hope we find it soon cause it's getting chilly.

Quote:
I forgot to mention, I got a job with the Goodwill. They want me to start in the first week of March so that I have time to bond with the baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post
We're getting up our decor,
I got our pressure cooker out for canning sauces, stocks and beans and we're slow cooking some ribs soon.
I started my decorating last week I hope to finish next weekend. I wanted to get a pressure cooker this year but had to put it off. Did you get yours online?

Quote:
tues is DD2's bday. one whole year.
I think on them, journal. Sometimes my first impression is off. I also agree that it might just be possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMoonMum View Post
hi ladies-so sorry I must do another fly-by post here...lots of things I wants to say, but cold sweats are taking over.
Still, I pushed myself to post my blog!
Here it is:

http://thewitchymama.blogspot.com/

(let me know if that does not work, I am pretty much a techno-boob.)

Going to check it out.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#83 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 10:29 AM

Morning I figured out it's firefox that is running slow? I think my DS put some program on my computer and now it's running so slow I can't take the waiting.

It is so chilly this morning. I need to start a fire, but until I get the part for the stove that's out. We had a busy weekend getting the yard chicken coop, pig huts ready for the Winter. Today I have a co-op order coming so I will be hanging by the phone/house.( I always do that anyway) I hope everyone had a great weekend.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#84 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
I think on them, journal. Sometimes my first impression is off. I also agree that it might just be possibilities.

Me, too. If the premonitions feel very emotional in a negative way, then I assume they are anxiety - though I have been known to have some very joyful premonitions when someone close to me conceives (like, right as they are conceiving )

I ask for clarification dreams if I am not sure (note under my pillow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Awyen's par tay!

My dress, regency era inspired, scroll down and it is the one in velvet.

I will have spiral curls and wear my hair down.

Should we dress our dates? Are we bringing our true significant others or our dream dates? hehe
Nice, Aeress! I think I will have my hair short as irl, but with a crown of stars....or laurel leaves....

I am not feeling like bringing a date, just eye candy. Feeling kind of goddessy and I meant it about an entourage

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Special :goodvibe for new jobs for you and your dh, Brit - and for patience and protection in the meantime. Hope you have a better week!

Like the blog, NMM

Glad your family is ok, unschoolin!

Hope your premonitions turns out to be right, if it is a baby premonition and if you want it to be, Lioness!
#85 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 10:59 AM

Welcome and welcome back!

UU- we recently stopped attending, but we went for the youth RE program. Our UU has everyone together for the first 10-12 minutes, then the kids go to the front for a story, then the congregation sings the kiddos out to their classrooms. Adults and kids rejoin after the service. I was raised catholic and it still feels a bit "wrong" to have an "adult only" service while the kids are elsewhere, but it can work well. In the end it didn't work well enough for us (our dd2 wouldn't stay in her RE class without DH or I with her, I didn't want to leave ds in the nursery, and our UU group does not want children in the adult service as a regular thing so DH and I could never join in the actual service). But we'll certainly try again after we move.

Oh, UU communities all follow the same general beliefs, but each community is independent so the focus/flavor of each is different. You'll need to check out your local group to really get a feel for what they offer/how they do things. And there is an online UU community, complete with RE, if you'd rather explore that.

holiday overload- I love "general celebration" but I guess I worry about burnout. And about, well, "losing" the individual holidays and seasons? I mean, I love Yule. But part of Yule is the shifting energies, the tipping of the year from growing dark to rising light, the spiral of candles leading into and then back out from the heart of winter, the rebirth of the sun. And I love Samhain... the rising dark, the meat harvest, the tension between the seen and the unseen, the pull of the tide and the uncertainty of the season, the candles leading deeper into the woods, the bargains struck and the ancestors remembered. So while I enjoy both holidays, they represent two very different moments, two different spaces on the wheel... having them mixed together on a shelf or jumbled together in a glance just feels wrong. I get the happy woot woot holiday vibe but there's still this sense of falling off the wheel. Like with some of the artificial sweeteners out there... it tastes sweet, but there is something missing, a funky aftertaste or strange mouthfeel.

I dunno, that sounds a bit dramatic, and I don't feel outraged or even very dramatic about it. It's more a kind of vague disquiet and relief that at least the stores aren't marketing specifically pagan holidays.

weather- in the 30s overnight, it was 45 outside and 56 inside this morning. The windows on the addition are open (can't close some of them till we finish other projects) and it's cold! Stove is going despite the smoke, the electric heaters are going, and we're all wearing layers/snuggled under polar fleece blankets... and it's STILL cold (haven't gotten the house up to 60 yet). We all have coughs/sore throats. Ugh! The rain just makes it colder I think. The bummer is that I love this weather, but only if the house is warm.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY m'DEAR!!!!!! May your next journey round the sun be filled with joy and laughter, good friends and good cheer, hope and health!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#86 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 11:17 AM

dress shopping... a bit uncomfy, but very very faerie tale forest...

But I think I'll go for this or this. Barefoot or knee boot, not sure which... guess it depends on the forest!

Anyone interested in sharing a steampunk pumpkin carriage?

And a gift! Rebirth and beauty through adversity and change, with a healthy dollop of quirkiness and luck. Sorry it's virtual, but the heart is there. (I had a backward watch once... even now I remain fuzzy on clockwise as it applies to clock faces)

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#87 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
holiday overload- I love "general celebration" but I guess I worry about burnout. And about, well, "losing" the individual holidays and seasons? I mean, I love Yule. But part of Yule is the shifting energies, the tipping of the year from growing dark to rising light, the spiral of candles leading into and then back out from the heart of winter, the rebirth of the sun. And I love Samhain... the rising dark, the meat harvest, the tension between the seen and the unseen, the pull of the tide and the uncertainty of the season, the candles leading deeper into the woods, the bargains struck and the ancestors remembered. So while I enjoy both holidays, they represent two very different moments, two different spaces on the wheel... having them mixed together on a shelf or jumbled together in a glance just feels wrong. I get the happy woot woot holiday vibe but there's still this sense of falling off the wheel. Like with some of the artificial sweeteners out there... it tastes sweet, but there is something missing, a funky aftertaste or strange mouthfeel.

I dunno, that sounds a bit dramatic, and I don't feel outraged or even very dramatic about it. It's more a kind of vague disquiet and relief that at least the stores aren't marketing specifically pagan holidays.

What you wrote here really resonates with me, WC.

UU RE - I think does tend to vary according to your particular church. From what I can tell, mine has a pretty good one. But DD's just in the nursery, so I don't know ffrom experience. She loves the nursery, though, so there's that.

I'm going to start making a concerted effort to post here more often, I need a Pagan link in my life.

signature currently in transition
#88 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 12:44 PM

I feel like I'm behind on everything... here and everywhere...

Valérie   
#89 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 12:52 PM

just checking in but with over 100 emails and this busy thread, there's no way i'm going to catch up. hugs and positive energy to all who need it.

Maia is a beautiful goddess in person, even more so than online.

SE Wise Women's conference was much fun. I also got to meet Wuwei (another MDC mama). Lots of good juicy goddess energy at that place. If anyone is looking for a women's gathering, it is definitely one to go to, but start saving your pennies coz it wasn't a cheap one.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#90 of 652 Old 10-04-2010, 01:37 PM

just have to share: the best darn video for kids (little ones) that is all Autumn-y is "Little Bears Halloween" which really isn't halloween at all, but a bunch of fall shows (goblin night, the harvest moon, etc) it is so freakin' cute and sweet. ds#3 and #4 love it. i think i will keep it from netflix for awhile. lol http://www.amazon.com/Little-Bear-Ha...6209535&sr=8-1

although i can see where you are coming from clay, for me since i have spent almost my whole life living someplace that has no real seasonal changes seeing everything together, just reminds me of change. plus all the energy, though different for each holiday, is good energy so seeing it all together is invigorating and joyful.
we will be lucky if it is in the 70's by samhain, and there will be no snow here on yule. the changes here are subtle. which can be depressing because there is nothing out there that says hey this is the wheel of the year for AZ. while celebrating alot of the far northern hemisphere holidays is fun, i have always thought it would be nice to add a few things just because i live in AZ. like monsoon season, the bringing back of life the renewal, the RAIN, the fierceness of the storms. when imbolg rolls around and everyone else is celebrating the first spring flowers and the lengthening of the days and the knowledge that the snow will eventually go away... we have to get food in the ground or it will be to hot to plant. we are harvesting our first fruits when everyone else is just setting out seeds. and our gardens are closing up for most things for a few months when everyone is harvesting their first foods. right now while alot of you are settling in for winter and a sort of hibernation, here it is time to get busy to set out another crop of seeds, to plant our trees and prepare for the weather finally cooling down a bit. it is different to not see what you experience any place, that was one reason we packed up and moved to maine. and that is why all these years i have been toying with an idea for a book about the changes in AZ, and the "pagan-y" celebrations that could go with it.
phew... i had alot to say. lol

h

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page