~*~ October Pagan Families Circle ~*~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Clay, good gracious, mama, not more sickness! Oh, poor you! And that thrush sounds just awful. I'm so sorry. Be better soon! And stay that way!

aweyn, Happy Birthday!!

Here is our cake for your party, if that's good for you: http://www.theminibaker.com/brownie-...m-dessert-cake

If you don't like chocolate, we can have another one

And here is a virtual gift for you:
http://www.femailcreations.com/produ...spx?sku=149202

I wish I really could afford it! Your teas will be in the mail in the next couple days, though, and there's a teeny present for you in there

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#122 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 03:25 PM

All the support means the world to me. I can't even get my own brother or sister to respond!

You all had some great ideas, too, of course the problem is money for any kind of help. But guess what? The power of doctors. I guess the OB scared DH back into good husband mode! Suddenly it's no problem for DH to come home in the afternoons to watch DS, as long as he can work after DS is in bed. Not like, it's hard but possible, but he said there's no problem at all, his boss is fine with it and atm he is not doing testing (he does cochlear implant research) so there's no need to be in the office.
Not that I've complained-and I don't want to sound ungrateful here-but is there some reason this was not so when it was just ME telling DH that I literally did not know if I could keep on going like this, that I was actually afraid I was coming unglued? I just try to remember he is stressed too and has always been uber-focused on work.

And maybe it was the relief of knowing this, and all the good thoughts from you ladies...I slept for 6 HOURS last night! I mean I am trying not to get too ahead of myself about that but wow!!! It's just up to this point the stress is so bad because I actually am afraid for the baby's life-if my acids go up, the baby is in danger like last time, and apart from getting the baby out quickly, there is no other way to keep the baby safe. Who was talking a few days ago about losing the line between fears and intuition? That's exactly where I've been since the problems with this pregnancy have started. But anyways, since I'm going to have some help finally, I can try to re-focus on the fact that this baby should be perfectly safe, since my levels are not dangerous.

So anyways that's the plan, I just can't get behind the idea of losing that time with DS and all that, since there's this other option now.

Aubergine-at least with my OB, I'd not likely end up in the hospital unless my bile acid levels were totally out of control, in which case they'd have to get the baby out ASAP(which is why I was even induced with my son.) So we have our friends who will be watching our son till the IL's get here.
Maia-thank you for the encouragement-and I might PM you the next time I fly! Oh and yes-I try to be VERY careful not to upset DS about flying and he pretty much enjoys it quite alot. He sees me upset sometimes and will say "mommy dosn't like airplanes." So I just tell him how flying with him makes Mommy braver, and he's such a big boy.
MO3-how is your hip? So frustrating to feel good and have plans then one wrong move ruins it all.
gun-that is wonderful news about the adoption, congratulations!!
Aeress-what kinds of things are in the book besides pumpkin carving? I was also wanting to do some fun stuff with gourds...
Clay-oh my Goddess. You know you are Supermom, right? I can't imagine how lousy you must feel, how horrible!
bluets-funny about the fairy icon-can I tell you how many times I've looked for icons I see here and could not find them!
DOK(and re: Manic Panic)-for years I had either blue or hot pink hair courtesy of Manic Panic. I miss it so much!! Just with DS I finally decided it was just too hard to maintain. My hair is naturally like a dark red-blonde, so I would bleach it to make the color vivid, ended up too much for me with the little one. I used powder and cream lightener like in a hair salon. If you are not opposed to all the chemicals, you can also just get a home bleaching kit and get pretty good results. Funny how much my conservative husband misses my crazy hair. He was sure my preggy hormones would take over and I'd make it pink again-and he's sad it did not happen! But if I could easily, I really would.

If I did not respond to anybody's well wishes I'm sorry!

ps-who here has a blog, and can you link it so I can go see? Laugh at me as I discover the world of blogging. Must start work on my next post

today we'll be finishing a few crafts-a bat mobile, a tin-can black cat, salt-dough pumpkins, a pumpkin door hanging...if there's time, we'll start a tractor or something. Have you crafty Mamas seen this site-
looledo.com
I just discovered it and am so obsessed!!!

love and light
#123 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 05:14 PM

NMM--I glad that your DH has figured out how to help you out most, even if it took the OB to do it!

Clay, you are totally Supermom. I really hope the sickness cycle stops soon!!!

Last night was eh. I cooked a fabulous dinner, whih DH and I enjoyed, and then it just kind of went downhill. Nothing too awful happened other than DH being somewhat thoughtless and unhelpful. But I feel like nothing gets done around the house, even though DH swears he makes a great househusband. He teaches one class 5 days a week, with very little need for prep, and the house is still a disaster. Ugh. The whole thing was made worse by DD refusing to eat anything but cinnamon bunny crackers and applesauce. Awesome.

Come ponder with me about food!
#124 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 05:18 PM

GAH! It's October!!

Ok, I LOVE October...my favorite month of the year.

But it *just* occurred to me that since September ended days ago...well, duh, there'd be a new thread here.

Sheesh...my memory.

Anyway, happy October dear ladies!

This month will find us moving from one loved home back to a home that we have loved and lived in before (and where my youngest child was born.)

We are going through transitions and hopefully coming out happier and more surrounded by friends.

We're still hoping to sell the home we are in until this weekend --- and sooner rather than later, please.

So good house selling vibes please.

I don't feel a need at this point to do anything back in our other home. It already has such a great energy. Within less than 3 years time 3 different families homebirthed daughters there. This house has some deep, serious, spiritual mojo.

toodles until we have internet at the other end of the move....

Maryhippie.gif

#125 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 05:23 PM

Clay- I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you. Many hugs and silly faces to you (for a little comic relief.)

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#126 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 05:24 PM

Hi ladies!!! I've missed being on here so much. I've been hanging out in the DDC club I'm in. I'm due at the end of this month. I have noticed that at the end of my pregnancies I feel super drawn to the Goddess and watch the moon phases and feel drawn to them beyond describable words. So I've been rereading one of my favorite books. Still listening to my Hypnobabies CD's hoping that we will be using them here real soon. Hoping to encourage baby out sooner rather than going all the way to due date. But if I go that long, I'll deal. No biggie. Well, kinda a biggie, but I can do it.

Plus, this is my favorite season!!! PUMPKINS!!! I cannot find a pumpkin cheesecake recipe I found online last year. And it's driving me crazy! None of the ones I found online have the same ingredients. And this one was sooo yummy! DH and his friends all loved this particular recipe. I made about 4-5 of them over the 3 months of fall/winter because it was just so good!

I've only read this last page, but I wanted to say good luck with all that is going on in your pregnancy NewMoonMum. I hope those acid levels stay down as long as possible for both you and your new babe.

Off to read through from beginning.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#127 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 06:13 PM

Grins and giggles back at'cha DoK! And thanks.

May I just say, dang! I've got you alllllll fooled. Supermom and I aren't even on a first name basis these days, and I think I deleted her from my cell phone... the true ending of a relationship. These days I'm shooting for survival, but trying to survive with style, if such a thing is possible.

DD1 is feeling a lot better, nearly a full recovery. DD2 and I are smack dab in the middle of the flu-poo though and ds is a bundle of fuss. DH didn't make it to work (couldn't focus while driving, came home) but he took a long nap and is feeling decent... he made chicken soup! It's all from our pantry and so it's all organic/local from the stock to the chicken to the veggies. The only "extra" is the olive oil. I'm visualizing much good health filling that pot. Mmmmmmm!

Funny moment... I'm reading the book Year of Living Biblically (the author spends a whole year following as many biblical laws as possible, a "true" literal reading) and it turns out the author's uncle used to live in Ithaca! Apparently this uncle started several cults (as defined by the cult awareness list) and bounced from religion to religion over the years, ultimately inspiring the author's decision to write the book/live the bible. I swear Ithaca turns up everywhere!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#128 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 06:26 PM

NMM: here is a link to my blog, although i haven't been too active with it for a couple months. need to get back into that. http://onemamasjourney.blogspot.com/
oh i have music too, so turn on the speakers. lol
h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#129 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 08:21 PM

i need to vent about something...
dd school. when school started we were asked to pay $200.00 for "books and supplies" then each teacher gave us a list of supplies that each student needed (about another $100-150.00 worth of stuff) some of which the teachers actually took from the students (ie dry erase markers) as their own supplies. NOW i get an email from the principal saying that each family had to buy supplies for the school (note books, glue, tape, tissues) but all the freaking back to school deals are over. i don't have the money to buy another freaking thing right now. plus we are being asked to do the tax thing where you give the money to the school and then write it off on your taxes, PLUS we just got done with a fundraiser. UGH! and they are making the whole tax thing a contest for each grade. i can't stand this. i mean we have extra notebooks and paper and stuff like that, but that was stuff for the boys (their homeschool supplies) now i have to figure out what to do about this. thank god i only have one in school. UGH!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#130 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 09:26 PM

MO3, ugh. Is it a regular public school? My ds is in a charter, and here, that means it's a free public school, but with a focus of sorts, and it doesn't get the full funding that regular ps's get, so they are all.the.time. fundraising.
If there's one thing that jerks my chain, it's asking for money. I am rebellious that way; if you tell me to do something, I'll do the direct opposite. And not participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMoonMum View Post
Not that I've complained-and I don't want to sound ungrateful here-but is there some reason this was not so when it was just ME telling DH that I literally did not know if I could keep on going like this, that I was actually afraid I was coming unglued?

I so hear ya, there.
My mom is like that. If I come up with an idea, it's kooky, off-the-wall, unbalanced, not valid, whatever. But if her doctor comes up with it, or her friends, or she hears it on TV-- I mean the exact same idea-- then all of a sudden it has merit

Quote:
Maia-thank you for the encouragement-and I might PM you the next time I fly! Oh and yes-I try to be VERY careful not to upset DS about flying and he pretty much enjoys it quite alot. He sees me upset sometimes and will say "mommy dosn't like airplanes." So I just tell him how flying with him makes Mommy braver, and he's such a big boy.
Aww, that's cute. And helpful for both of you, I'm sure.
Certainly you can PM me! I don't know what I can help you with, but I'll be glad to try. I'm flying like every 2 months now-- and I'm even taking the train by myself Now for me, that was scary!
It's funny, M says "I don't know how you fly all the time, and drive long distances, I could never do that"-- and yet, he takes buses and trains all the time, and I'm just barely beginning to be comfortable with those.
Buses scare me a lot more than airplanes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post
The whole thing was made worse by DD refusing to eat anything but cinnamon bunny crackers and applesauce. Awesome.
Remember what "they" say, though, to try to tally a toddler's intake by the week, not by the day. Over the course of a week, her food may actually look a lot more balanced.
Have you tried feeding her frozen veggies? Right from the freezer? I know, gross-- but ds loved them when he was little.
Your dd is a toddler, right? I can't keep track of everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
toodles until we have internet at the other end of the move....
Oh, Mary, I will so miss you, mama. You've been such a help and an inspiration.

House selling vibes to you and some for me, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmommie View Post
Hi ladies!!! I've missed being on here so much.

Plus, this is my favorite season!!! PUMPKINS!!! I cannot find a pumpkin cheesecake recipe I found online last year. And it's driving me crazy!
Hi!
OK how about you try one of those recipe sites where they let you type in the ingredients, and they find a recipe for you? Maybe that'll work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
These days I'm shooting for survival, but trying to survive with style, if such a thing is possible.
Clay, if anyone can do that, you can Your dh's chicken soup sounds divine. Olive oil in chicken soup, really? I might have to try your recipe.
On the next phase of my diet, though

M is sober 4 weeks today

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#131 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 09:40 PM

maia: it is a charter school. plus the public school spending here is just sucky. i wish they would just say hey, we need $500.00 a kid from the outset instead of asking/demanding money all the freaking time. plus i am really upset about the supplies because now there are no back to school sales. i just am not going to fork over another $100.00 in paper and pencils etc. grrr.

h

#132 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 10:19 PM

here's my blog, NMM: foodponderings.blogspot.com

Come ponder with me about food!
#133 of 652 Old 10-05-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
My mom is like that. If I come up with an idea, it's kooky, off-the-wall, unbalanced, not valid, whatever. But if her doctor comes up with it, or her friends, or she hears it on TV-- I mean the exact same idea-- then all of a sudden it has merit
my mom has this thing that you need to wear a white coat with a stethoscope in order to know anything about the human body. i tossed my white lab coat years ago. maybe i should get a new one.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#134 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 AM

Still struggling to keep up - IRL and on the various online community I go...

Another day on the road... I want to sit still - or lay down - and just breathe! But even when my body is still, my mind is going crazy!

Sorry to be so turned inward... I'm trying to find some balance and it's not very successful so far.

Going to read Tracy's article to see if the stars can explain how I feel.

Valérie   
#135 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 09:52 AM

Ds is home sick today. Both of us have upset tummies. Bleh.

#136 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 09:57 AM

Maia- great news for M!

Cari- Given all the adjustments you have gone through that it is normal to want to be inward. How is your ds adjusting to being down under?
How is the new job for dh?

Clay- Hope you are all better and the kids as well!
Soup sounds good!

Mamaofthree- sheesh, what the heck is the school thinking?

Life is zooming along here. We have out 10 yr anniversary on Thursday, which happens to be my brother's wedding rehearsal as well- so no anniversary for us. Dh's Mom sent us some money, which will go to redoing our nasty carpeted stairs. As my Mom said, once you have kids, time just flies- and it sure has. Our bumpiest years were the first, seventh, and ninth- interesting. We are in a much better place now and I am very thankful to have made it this far. I love dh so much! I wish I could find him a special gift but I am just not creative right now. We did decide to get the top tier of our wedding cake remade for our anniversary, since we never did get cake at our wedding. My sister has offered to take the kids the weekend after our next- we think we will go to a bed and breakfast.

Bright blessings m'dears!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#137 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 10:12 AM

Congrats on the anniversary!

And good luck to the moving mamas... may old houses sell swiftly!

Hang in there DoK... hope you and the young one feel better fast.

School supplies- Grrr! I'd be pretty peeved too! Can you write a letter to the school about it? Around here some of the public schools have plenty of funding and other ones don't... the one near us relies on parents for just about everything short of the textbooks. It makes me really jealous when some parents talk about how wonderful public school is, their kiddo has X Y and Z in the classroom and I know that if dd1 went to public school here she'd be in a room without craft supplies, let alone fancy computer systems.

The private schools here though do the never ending fundraisers. One actually requires that families sell lotto tickets! They offer a "buy out" option where a family can pay the anticipated amount they would have raised as a lump sum, but the whole thing annoys me. I mean, if you're paying to attend in the first place you shouldn't be required to "volunteer" time/money on top of that. They should just look at their budget and say "we need X amount per student"... not "we need X amount plus a few hundred dollars a month per student".

blogs- I keep trying to start one, but my path is littered with "one entry blogs"

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#138 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Ds is home sick today. Both of us have upset tummies. Bleh.
Oh I hope you both feel better very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

Life is zooming along here. We have out 10 yr anniversary on Thursday, which happens to be my brother's wedding rehearsal as well- so no anniversary for us. Dh's Mom sent us some money, which will go to redoing our nasty carpeted stairs. As my Mom said, once you have kids, time just flies- and it sure has. Our bumpiest years were the first, seventh, and ninth- interesting. We are in a much better place now and I am very thankful to have made it this far. I love dh so much! I wish I could find him a special gift but I am just not creative right now. We did decide to get the top tier of our wedding cake remade for our anniversary, since we never did get cake at our wedding. My sister has offered to take the kids the weekend after our next- we think we will go to a bed and breakfast.

Bright blessings m'dears!
Happy Anniversary Aeress! I love the idea of recreating your wedding cake top.

Maia- Yay M!

So, DP got into a car accident with the kids yesterday. Most importantly, everyone was OK. DP rear ended someone. Unfortunately, my car will probably not be worth fixing. Both our cars are paid off, and our budget is super squeaky tight. We'll have to come up with a plan to make more $ now to cover the new car payment. Bummer. And I have a sore throat. Poor little ole me sitting here on my pity pot. Really though, I am grateful because it could have been so much worse. I'm so glad my family's OK. Tomorrow's the new moon. I know what I'll be manifesting.

Bright Blessings to all!

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#139 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Tulsi, where are you?
i'm in Florida. It is unseasonable cool right now. we havent had the air conditioning on in nearly a week.

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
#140 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 11:03 AM

Oh no! I'm glad everyone is ok, but dang about the car. No hope of holding it together till you can save up for a replacement?

olive oil- start with a big heavy soup pot, add olive oil and saute the veggies/"bloom" the herbs right in the soup pot. Then add the stock and whatever other ingredients you want and let it simmer till everything is just right. One pot stop, and the olive oil is a yummy flavor note! We have a wonderful cookbook called Twelve Months of Monastery Soups and I lurve looking at the pictures and reading the tidbits. Actually, I love all his cookbooks. (eye candy here)

#141 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 11:28 AM

femme_rouge Sorry about your car, but so glad that everyone is okay!

Mind if I ask you ladies something? Can you send out some birthing vibes?? I've been having birthing waves that are not braxton hicks for 3 days now. They are not regular, but they still make my back sore. And they are back and front. Not just my belly. And please send some vibes that hubby's command will leave him behind on this next trip. If we are suppose to go down this way. We are planning on having this baby here at home without anyone here with us. Just DH and I. And I'm even more terrified of having this baby at the hospital if he's gone on this trip by myself!! So I'd rather have this baby sooner rather than later if baby is ready. But I feel that both baby and I are ready. I'm not ready to do the castor oil or blue and black cohosh. I'd rather go into labor on my own with the help of the universe. Ya know? Anyway. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

It's absolutely raining here! The wettest and coldest summer we've had since the 1930's according to our paper a week or two ago. I like it. A nice change from super hot summers and fires everywhere! I'll take the rain any day. Makes it feel more like fall!

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#142 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Oh no! I'm glad everyone is ok, but dang about the car. No hope of holding it together till you can save up for a replacement?

olive oil- start with a big heavy soup pot, add olive oil and saute the veggies/"bloom" the herbs right in the soup pot. Then add the stock and whatever other ingredients you want and let it simmer till everything is just right. One pot stop, and the olive oil is a yummy flavor note! We have a wonderful cookbook called Twelve Months of Monastery Soups and I lurve looking at the pictures and reading the tidbits. Actually, I love all his cookbooks. (eye candy here)
Thanks Clay. Well, the front hood is buckled up, so I can't really drive it around like that. It did drive from the accident scene to MIL's-just a few blocks. Today we'll take it somewhere and get an estimate. Our insurance will only cover the car DP hit, so repairs for us will be out of pocket. We'll see, maybe the repairs will be less than we think? I am also very grateful that MIL has a car we can borrow, so we still have 2 cars to get where we need to be. Very cool cookbook. I'm going to check it out.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#143 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
femme_rouge Sorry about your car, but so glad that everyone is okay!

Mind if I ask you ladies something? Can you send out some birthing vibes?? I've been having birthing waves that are not braxton hicks for 3 days now. They are not regular, but they still make my back sore. And they are back and front. Not just my belly. And please send some vibes that hubby's command will leave him behind on this next trip. If we are suppose to go down this way. We are planning on having this baby here at home without anyone here with us. Just DH and I. And I'm even more terrified of having this baby at the hospital if he's gone on this trip by myself!! So I'd rather have this baby sooner rather than later if baby is ready. But I feel that both baby and I are ready. I'm not ready to do the castor oil or blue and black cohosh. I'd rather go into labor on my own with the help of the universe. Ya know? Anyway. Thanks for listening to me ramble.

It's absolutely raining here! The wettest and coldest summer we've had since the 1930's according to our paper a week or two ago. I like it. A nice change from super hot summers and fires everywhere! I'll take the rain any day. Makes it feel more like fall!

#144 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 11:54 AM

DOK- sorry we cross posted. Hope you are feeling better! Poor Roo, he had just gotten over the other illness. *hugs*

SouthernMommie- sending labor vibes your way! I had prodominal labor with Erin and it drove me batty but it did make my labor quicker. Here is hoping for dh to be at the birth and for a quick labor.

Femme-Glad everyone is ok! Car repairs are a pain in the butt and so costly even when it is a simple repair.

Thanks for anniversary wishes!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#145 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:

Mind if I ask you ladies something? Can you send out some birthing vibes??
Wishing you the best!

#146 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 01:07 PM

Birthing vibes!!!!!

and Clay- your poor nipples. i would be crying. you could wear the honey, and the olive oil, and aloe. lol. seriously though, you could make your own salve with olive oil or coconut oil and aloe and honey and some herbs. i did that for when i had an infection on my scalp. i also used comphrey root but i read not to use that on broken skin i hope something helps you soon.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#147 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 01:22 PM

good birthing vibes to you!!

Does anyone know if there's a large sort of Pagan message board out there?

signature currently in transition
#148 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 01:50 PM

ohmygreatgracious! huge hugs and vibes to all! looks like tracy's already got libra new moon up... this is supposed to be the end of all that summer crazyness, maybe that will help! (val, pm me if you want to talk astro, hon!)

FR~ glad everyone's ok, but so sorry about the car. hope a wonderful solution presents itself!

clay~OWIE! have you tried coconut? what about garlic? i also love oregano oil. all three favorites with me. maybe not together, lol... huge, huge hugs, sweet pumpkin!

as for the seasonal whirl, i'd actually started replying to that whole thread of conversation, but didnt get to finish the thought, lol. (i swear, i only cried for a little bit ) i actually think i got what you were saying, though. i'd had an odd experience at the craft store, where the christmas decor they were just putting out was seeming like halloween decor, because of the proximity... i have a slight theory about climate making a difference on how it affects us differently, though.... i'd actually love to go back to that conversation sometime... when you're up for it!

aeress~ love the cake idea! happy celebrating, hon!

~~sorry i ditched out on my own party! i started to reply monday night, but the seasonal conversation tripped me up a bit, and i didnt make it back to finish.... and yesterday we had a splendid day, and i just didnt get near a computer! ~~~ but
it's never too late for a magical forest party, so........

i loved all your dress choices, ladies! for mine, i chose something soft and velvety in tudor green with floral embroidery....

food~ typical tudor forest party spread... lots of wassail (alc and non, as needed).... and sugared plums!

and music & dancing, of course.... and a goldsmith making bracelets for us all! horse rides (not side saddle, thank you) for any who want, and of course, flowers for our hair!

.... i guess the energy for it sort of passed, but i was thinking it all, with all of you in mind, and it sure added to the magic that was yesterday!
#149 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
i just am not going to fork over another $100.00 in paper and pencils etc. grrr.
I so hear that. Do they have any kind of assistance or scholarship? They do at ds's school. You have to jump through hoops, but they'll help you (which, really, if they have help, why can't they buy the dang supplies? Just thought of that!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
my mom has this thing that you need to wear a white coat with a stethoscope in order to know anything about the human body. i tossed my white lab coat years ago. maybe i should get a new one.
Maybe. They have 'em at Goodwill for like $5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
We have out 10 yr anniversary on Thursday, which happens to be my brother's wedding rehearsal as well- so no anniversary for us.
Happy Anniversary!!

You're big kids, now, though-- can you celebrate on a different date?
My birthday is Nov17 and I'll be smack in the next part of this diet, where I can't have sugar or starch. So no birthday cake for me. But I'm hoping that maybe I can celebrate with M when I go for Thanksgiving.

Anyone have an idea for some kind of yummyness that doesn't involve sugar or starch?

Quote:
And good luck to the moving mamas... may old houses sell swiftly!
Thanks-- I wish I was moving. Unfortunately I'm one of those that is stuck here until the house sells. Because of finances. I just can't afford it at all I wish wish wish my house would sell. It would help if someone would come look at it.

Clay, how's your family feeling? And your sore boobies?

Quote:
The private schools here though do the never ending fundraisers. One actually requires that families sell lotto tickets!
Srsly? I vote that right up (or down!) there with soda machines and blue slushies for lunches. Ye Gods!

Quote:
olive oil- start with a big heavy soup pot, add olive oil and saute the veggies/"bloom" the herbs right in the soup pot. Then add the stock and whatever other ingredients you want and let it simmer till everything is just right.
Oh, OK, that makes more sense. I mostly do that anyway. But I'd put mine in the crock pot after sauteeing

Quote:
Mind if I ask you ladies something? Can you send out some birthing vibes??
'Course, mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
I am also very grateful that MIL has a car we can borrow, so we still have 2 cars to get where we need to be.
Wow, I'm glad y'all are OK. Sorry about your car, though; that totally stinks. I hope it's less than you think, too, and YAY that your MIL is letting you borrow one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teenytoona View Post
Does anyone know if there's a large sort of Pagan message board out there?
Um, this one?

#150 of 652 Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
and a goldsmith making bracelets for us all!
Oooh, prizes!

How was your birthday? Looks like we cross-posted, sweetie. Extra birthday cake for you!

Oh, for me-- I meant to say not only can I not have sugar or starch, but I can't have any sweeteners except stevia, and no starch of any sort, including starchy veggies.

I'm thinking some sort of fruit thing with real whipped cream. I can have lots of fat, but no sugar!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page