~*~ October Pagan Families Circle ~*~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-10-2010, 12:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aweyn: i forgot about that one. YES! about TMYS i miss that. we couldn't get down there this year. i had friends performing in a couple things too. plus yummy food. <3

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2010, 09:42 AM

I just wanted to pop in and say Morning I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a tough week or so here so I have been keeping to myself. My dog Nikki who we adopted/rescued 11 or 12 years ago had to be put to sleep this weekend and it's been emotional around here. I keep getting up in the morning thinking, I have to get Nikki out, then remember she's not here. Today I am going to spend the day out at our property getting her grave finished. I hope it's been a good weekend for you all. Hugs to anyone/everyone. I will try to catch up on Monday.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 10-10-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
My dog Nikki who we adopted/rescued 11 or 12 years ago had to be put to sleep this weekend and it's been emotional around here.
I'm so sorry.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 10-10-2010, 11:14 AM

I'm sorry for your loss redveg.

We finished a huge chunk of the ducting yesterday, despite the "late start". Of course, the hosue was a wreck and we didn't even get into bed till almost 1am, but still. The living room window is closed and the ducting goes out the bathroom wall the way we intended. We're not certain if we'll run the exterior ducting straight (original plan as suggested by code office) or up (modified plan since the straight run was by the gods ugly and we think an upward run would still meet code if we added a vapor lock thingie). We were without hot water all day though so the pile of dishes was extreme!

Today is going to be busy too... I've got an ICAN meeting and I want to visit the book sale looking for specific titles (every weekend the prices drop, this weekend is the msot expensive but there are 4-5 specific books I'm looking for and if they have those I'll get them this week), we have grocery shopping to do and we need to get out to MIL's to load up the furniture.

Tor is still a mucus beast and he is scheduled for a vax tomorrow (we put it off two weeks ago because he was sick and he is STILL SICK two weeks later. argh). I'm inclined to cancel but since the appointment is first thing Monday morning there is no way we can give the required 24 hour cancellation notice so if I do cancel we'll have to eat a 50 dollar "no show" fee. And I don't think we can afford that. On the other hand, I don't know that we could afford a vax reaction either soooooo.... we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Actually, Tor has three teeth almost through and is pretty unhappy about that. One is a big ol blister-y lump of bloody goo. Ick!

I'm thinking of moving us towards a GF/CF diet... we are already GF but we're only really vigilant with dd1... the rest of us eat gluteny goodies now and then. But Ro's behavior is getting really out of hand with anxiety and OCD type behaviors so obviously something needs to change. She is driving us bonkers.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 10-10-2010, 11:22 AM

Today is the day that I make lots of homemade whipped cream (no sugar added.) Of course, having something to put it on would be nice. Hmmm, I hear the grocery store calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
On the other hand, I don't know that we could afford a vax reaction either soooooo.... we'll see what happens tomorrow.
Although it's a pain in the bum, I'd go and tell them that the illness is still there and you're not sure if it's a good idea to get the vax. See what they say. That way, you won't get charged the cancellation fee. (fwiw, I think cancellation fee's are stupid. Kids often get sick in the middle of the night or morning...No way to predict that.)
Sending healing vibes.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:43 AM

Hi Mamas Happy Sunday,
We're having an at home, Get Things Done Day. Which usually turns into a Don't Get Anything Done, but Feel Really Disappointed Day. lol

redveg-(((hugs))) I'm so sorry for your loss. How are your kids doing?

Clay, I was going to suggest the same thing as DoK- Go, but say, "I don't know if I feel good about doing this today"...then you didn't cancel

Aweyn-that's a lot of posts lady!

Hugs mommas

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
Old 10-10-2010, 01:25 PM

Morning, well I suppose afternoon is more appropriate, all! We have a great time at my brother's wedding and are paying the price today, man do I have headache. I didn't even drink and my head is killing me! Still, the bride was beautiful and my brother was crying when she walked down the aisle.
The girls got many compliments on their good behavior and pretty dresses! They played with their cousins and just had a blast.
We got some sad news while at the wedding, my cousin's wife's grandfather passed away. I didn't know him, but they were only here 24 hrs before they had to head back home.

RedVeg- I'm sorry that you had to put your dog down. *hugs* I can't imagine how hard that must have been.

DOK- oh, now you are tempting me. I could go for a hot chocolate with whipped cream!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-10-2010, 01:53 PM

ugh having issues. apparently i (nd some of my friends) offended my husbands aunt. so she unfriended me it really upset me last night and i almost deleted the entire thing but my husband was the voice of reson once again and single handedly saved my sanity. i dont know why i got so upset about it. she didnt like being told she was wrong or hving people disagree with her. stupid facebook.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:32 PM

clay: do they have an answering service/ on call doctor? you could leave a message and cancel until you feel comfortable. there is no way you would know you kid wouldn't be well by monday. so silly.

we are having a lovely morning. what a change in everything can happen with the temp drops. no wonder people go crazy when it is so hot. you just can't get away from it. the mornings are nice and cool, the days warm and welcoming. dh told me last nite he is really happy right now, and you know what? so am i. it feels good.
made overnite french toast, hung all the sheets on the line, kids watching mythbusters, dh finding treasures in the garage. really great morning.

redveg:

lioness: lol i know how you feel. FB can be such a PIA. i think it is the same as an email, people can't get your tone and get offened so easily, AND i think people will sometimes say stuff on-line that they would never say to your face.

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 10-10-2010, 03:59 PM

Clay - I feel for you. I took Wren to the doc on Friday - to confirm if she did/didn't have an ear infection, she had one a month ago and was acting similarly. Turns out no ear infection, could be teething, could be a virus. We went ahead and got her Pediarix vax #1 (DTaP, Polio & Hep B?). We delayed it b/c Collin reacted poorly. He had 103 fever for 3 days after his until he was 9 months. Well, she got it too, but at least shorter (so far). She ran a fever much of Saturday, but nothing since about 4 pm. Pertussis is going around now, and a baby died here recently so I figured we should go for it, but .

I came for a quick "pop" I just can't keep up. I miss staying caught up with ya'll. {{hugs}} all around.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
Old 10-10-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
It's been a tough week or so here so I have been keeping to myself. My dog Nikki who we adopted/rescued 11 or 12 years ago had to be put to sleep this weekend and it's been emotional around here.
Aww, redveg I'm so sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
We're having an at home, Get Things Done Day. Which usually turns into a Don't Get Anything Done, but Feel Really Disappointed Day.
I have lots of those

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
stupid facebook.

Sorry for laughing, that just struck me funny.

Yeah, I know, though. Which is why I really have started moderating what I say online as well as in person. It has taken a long time, but most of the time I've trained myself to not answer people immediately, especially online, and think to myself "Do I really need to reveal that?"
Comes from my mom-- I had an issue one time for which I had to write a letter, or something, and she said "Just stick to the facts. Don't give any more information than is directly asked for".
I think that's just about the best advice I've heard, ever.

M has bills coming up, rent, etc. and he thinks the phone bill will have to go by the wayside for a bit Which means, it will get cut off till he pays it and no phone contact for us at all!
I said "After this weekend? After what we both went through??"
Yeah-- I have no idea how we'll deal.
I paid his phone bill covertly once or twice when that happened before He got all peeved at me, but not really. I don't want to do that too much, though. I've got enough stuff of my own, plus, it's probably pretty demeaning to a guy, right?

Clay, I agree with the others-- go anyway. You can choose to vax or not once you're in there. AND you can maybe see what's up with Tor's current stuff, if it's just teething or what.

DOK, YUMMMMMM on the whipped cream-- I am so going to make that in P3. I might just have only that for my birthday dessert!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 10-10-2010, 06:12 PM

Redveg: It took me a really long time to get over my dog who passed YEARS ago. I know how special that bond can be.

NMM: What happened at the L&D?

I was up in TN this weekend to scatter my grandma's ashes. It was nice to see the family again, all my siblings are spread across the US. Not everyone got to come, but for those of us who were there it was nice to reconnect that familial bond. Saying goodbye was hard, it always is. But at the same time it was very peaceful.

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
Old 10-11-2010, 03:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Cari, I did not know that Daim was a New Zealander (*mentally adjusting the accent in my imagination....*) I think sometimes rough times happen to help us refocus our life goals and point us in a better direction for our family. Hope the transition is smooth for you!
GAH mdc ate my replies and posted nothing but quotes... wtf??? Anyway, dh is an Aussie technically, but he lived in NZ from the time he was 10 to 20, so he doesn't have quite the 'fush & chups' type NZ accent, but what it did was soften his Aussie accent. Very sexy if I do say so m'self *gryn*

He grew up in Queenstown, on the South Island (know those majestic mountains in the LOTR? Those are the Remarkables, and he woke up looking at those daily for 10yrs *SIGH*) ... Sam Neill lives there and has for a very long time apparently... He apparently walks all over town and pops into the supermarket like real folks Gotta love that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Cari- Have you asked the kids about going to school? At one point last year when things were not going well, I sat down the kids and discussed what they liked, what they didn't, what would happen if they went to school (not in a threatening way) and how they could help me. They really came through with some good ideas and I also found something that worked better for me. It might be worth discussing with them. The Montessori approach asks kids to create a learning contract, where they child writes down their plan, which can include behavior changes as well.
If you would like to continue homeschooling, maybe try the above.
Honestly schools can be great for many kids and like others have said the boys can do a lot when home with you after school. *hugs* It is a hard decision to make.
I haven't asked them about it yet Karen. I have had a good, long think about it. My biggest issues with them going to school are that it's nearly the end of the school year here (there are about 9wks to go) so Connor would be going in to the end of grade one and his reading is NOT at that lvl yet. He's a math whiz, and loves all things nature/science/community.. just has had a HARD time with reading. It seems to be getting better now though! :yay

My current plan is to keep looking for PT work that won't necessitate going to school, at least not yet. While I do that we will hs through our summer (we usually hs lite at that time, but it's often so hot that we don't go out much anyway, so we'll focus of math & literacy stuff) and try to get Lucas through his multiplication facts, and Connor up to a reasonable reading lvl for his age. I'm happy if he can manage a simple dick & jane type book!

Then, if my sanity is still suffering, or the financial situation requires me to work more hours, I won't be so worried about them going to school. I think it stresses me out more thinking they would struggle and be behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
cari: i hope i didn't come off as pissy. i wasn't trying to. i think you got some great advice, i love the list idea. the contract idea is good even for going to school. do you guys have "alternative" schools that are free? that might be an idea. h
No, not at all hun! I will start a list of positives so that if we do go the school route, I can share some good things about it with the boys. And the contract idea might help a bit with the rowdieness around here. I'm also making a 'time clock' type thing with little IN and OUT pockets, and little pirate guys with their names on them. That way when I say it's time for schoolwork they can 'clock in' by moving their guy. I'm hoping it helps with the down to work mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Well, he sent me a text around 10:30. Backstory, I had told him about the word "asshat" because we were all cracking up so badly about that not long ago, and it's such a wonderful word
Hehehe it IS an excellent word

We are going to be relocated somewhere in the south pacific shortly... if it does not stop raining that is! We're supposed to be getting 300mm today, and it's rained for DAYS already. Backyard = marshland!!!!!

On the upside though, I discovered there is still a drive in theatre in brisbane!!!!! *dance* In Nov Harry Potter is showing there... we are TOTALLY going to try to go see it there instead of the regular theatre hehehe. Ok... have done schoolwork with the kids, they are playing Diablo II on Daims computer, so I think I'll go get a bit of tidying up in my room done. I'm relocating my altar in there because it's never quiet out here where it is now lol, because I think a bit of grounding & centering.. and yeah, maybe a bit of prosperity magic, might be in order. I managed to help daim find a great job once upon a time that way, so I'm going to have a go for myself

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 10-11-2010, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I just wanted to pop in and say Morning I hope everyone is doing well. It's been a tough week or so here so I have been keeping to myself. My dog Nikki who we adopted/rescued 11 or 12 years ago had to be put to sleep this weekend and it's been emotional around here. I keep getting up in the morning thinking, I have to get Nikki out, then remember she's not here. Today I am going to spend the day out at our property getting her grave finished. I hope it's been a good weekend for you all. Hugs to anyone/everyone. I will try to catch up on Monday.
s hun. I missed this on here, although I commented on your fb thread. It's so sad to lose a family member in fur. It is amazing how they weave themselves so tightly into our lives and the big void it leaves when they are gone. I'm so sorry you lost your sweet pup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
Hi Mamas Happy Sunday,
We're having an at home, Get Things Done Day. Which usually turns into a Don't Get Anything Done, but Feel Really Disappointed Day. lol
Ok that is SO me~

Quote:
ugh having issues. apparently i (nd some of my friends) offended my husbands aunt. so she unfriended me it really upset me last night and i almost deleted the entire thing but my husband was the voice of reson once again and single handedly saved my sanity. i dont know why i got so upset about it. she didnt like being told she was wrong or hving people disagree with her. stupid facebook.
UGH... IMO if someone doesn't want to be disagreed with, they don't need to bother reading my wall. I generally don't say anything on there that I wouldn't say in a discussion. If she was that badly offended, maybe it's a good thing that she's off your fb... that should be a place where you can speak your mind, not have to coddle ppl that think the world should fit THEIR views.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 10-11-2010, 10:15 AM

Morning Ladies- Golly I had a rough night last night. I woke up multiple times, had heartburn from heck, and feel generally yucky. I think my main problem is not drinking enough water over the weekend and having breathed smoke while at the hotel. Seriously pisses me off that my non-smoking room ended up smelling smokey and burning the insides of my nose as I tried to sleep.
Then this morning hubby woke up to go to work and his tire is flat. *ugh*

Cari- sounds like a good plan. I have had days where I thought, "kids don't know how good they have it", and wish they were in school cause then maybe they would listen but at the end of the day I am usually most happy to have them here with me. *hugs*

Ok, taking my grumpy self back to the couch soon- planning to lay around with the kids since it is technically a "holiday" (we don't celebrate Columbus day at all).

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-11-2010, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Morning Ladies- Golly I had a rough night last night. I woke up multiple times, had heartburn from heck, and feel generally yucky. I think my main problem is not drinking enough water over the weekend and having breathed smoke while at the hotel. Seriously pisses me off that my non-smoking room ended up smelling smokey and burning the insides of my nose as I tried to sleep.
Then this morning hubby woke up to go to work and his tire is flat. *ugh*
WHY can't ppl just be considerate and not get a non smoking room if they are smokers at all? I really think they can't tell that the smell of smoke clings to everything on them. Flat tire is not an auspicious start to the day! I hope it gets better from there though.

Quote:
Cari- sounds like a good plan. I have had days where I thought, "kids don't know how good they have it", and wish they were in school cause then maybe they would listen but at the end of the day I am usually most happy to have them here with me. *hugs*
Thanks Karen, I have that thought fairly often with these guys too! On one hand, I'm glad to have them home with me and am SO glad they don't have to deal with some of the school related dramas that I did growing up... on the other.. OY VEY, for some peace & quiet!!!!!!!

Old 10-11-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
We are going to be relocated somewhere in the south pacific shortly...
What?! Explain, please!

Old 10-11-2010, 12:09 PM

Just doing a quick check in &

I hope everyone is doing well and I'm in lurker mode currently given home/work/life craziness.

Missing you all and quietly reading and sending out health and comfort for those in need.

Kate

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 10-11-2010, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Cari - you can send us your rain. our landscape is more like a moonscape or a mars-scape.

and WTF?! it's over 80F again. so wrong for October. the grass has been scorched for months. i feel similarly scorched, parched, etc. - still trying to figure out where that comes from.

redveg: sorry to hear about the dog passing. i'll never figure out how these animals find us and wriggle their way into our lives.

Aeress: in Indiana, we don't celebrate it at all. well, the banks do, along with the post office. but i think the local school goes on and certainly campus chugs along at its glacial pace. though on our way home yesterday, we drove past a high school where it looked like they were staging a parade - presumably for Columbus Day. of course, it's also the town where the KKK still lives on.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians.

we spent the weekend with my parents, hanging out in a hotel (thankfully no smoking at all in the hotel) and visiting the Toledo Zoo. for anyone in driving distance, it is definitely worth the visit. ds didn't want to leave the hotel - likely because he wanted to swim some more. what is it with kids and hotel pools?

well, back to work...

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 10-11-2010, 12:57 PM

Redveg, I'm sorry to hear about your doggy.

I'm glad to have a sec for a quick catch up!

NMM- I hope you are healthy, and that everything is well.

Clay- You are doing great keeping it together while dealing with health problems all around and a major home remodel. I think you deserve an award

facebook- blah! I hardly post at all, I just want to avoid any confrontations.

Last weekend my sis, mom, and I went on a first time ever girls' trip. We went to Portland and did some catching up with relatives we haven't seen in almost 10 years, and a little shopping too. It was really nice to see family that I've felt estranged from. And next weekend my girls and I are going with dh to Seattle while dh needs to go there for work. I <3 Seattle.

I hope everyone's Monday is off to a great start!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
UGH... IMO if someone doesn't want to be disagreed with, they don't need to bother reading my wall. I generally don't say anything on there that I wouldn't say in a discussion. If she was that badly offended, maybe it's a good thing that she's off your fb... that should be a place where you can speak your mind, not have to coddle ppl that think the world should fit THEIR views.
that is what my husband said. he also said that if i dont care about his opinion why would i care about his aunts? lol. most of my family just hid my posts they didnt unfriend me. but anyway..

just had jehovahs witnesses come to my door. very nice old men. they had a nice long discussion with me where they agreed with me and thought that i was very nice and informative. they actually asked me if i worshipped the devil. lol. and seemed very relieved when i told them i dont believe there is one. very cool start to my morning. like a reaffirmation from the Goddess. i felt very accepted. uusually i get young men who are very fervent and in your face.

my kids have school today. i am so glad the school doesnt talk about columbus day. we dont celebrate. i think the banks is closed bc they can, but DH is at work and DCs are at school so I better get to cleaning up after the bday party this weekend. just got to finish my tea and finsh reading my threads and i should be good to go in 20 min lol. ugh i dislike monday morning. i could so go back to bed right now.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
i'm so sorry. i know that particular pain can last a long time.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Seriously pisses me off that my non-smoking room ended up smelling smokey and burning the insides of my nose as I tried to sleep.
Gawd, I hate that. Did you complain to management? You probably should still call them and let them know.

Quote:
WHY can't ppl just be considerate and not get a non smoking room if they are smokers at all? I really think they can't tell that the smell of smoke clings to everything on them.
They can't. I'm an ex-smoker and I had no idea, until I quit. I only could tell if I'd been to a bar or a club that was particularly extra-smoky, and I'd not be able to stand the smell of my own hair.
The people I've known who are that inconsiderate (and fortunately, anymore, they are few) just say they don't care; they're going to smoke in there anyway. And usually it's cause they couldn't get a smoking room.

Srsly, though, in a motel-- how lazy are you if you can't walk 10 feet to stand outside the door?

Quote:
uusually i get young men who are very fervent and in your face.
Offer them a beer. That's what I used to do, back in the day. They got gone right quick

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 10-11-2010, 05:22 PM

this last weekend MY HUSBAND, said IN FRONT OF THE KIDS.... hey next summer wanna go to england? he even said he would happily pick up as many on-line teaching jobs as needed so we could totally do it. i mean even if this doesn't pan out... how cool is it that he said it and wants to do something with the kids? he even said we should open up a savings account when he gets his bonus check next month and put half of the money in there.
we have talked about doing this sort of trip in the past, but he never wants to do it as a family, always just him and me. and NEVER with a small baby (which we will have). he even said he would like to take a day or two and go to paris and see the museums and tower! (we could take the train that goes under the english channel) i have no idea what got in to him, but YEAH!
it would be sweet to go and be there during the summer solstice and maybe be at stonehenge... but i am not sure if we have to wait for the exact start day anniversary (which is after that) or just the month he started. he will have 4 weeks vacation then. not that we would be gone 4 weeks, but 2.

ok, off to day dream.

h

Old 10-11-2010, 07:13 PM

Howdy happy pagan peeps

I'm finally resurfacing after shaking the "It's morning *somewhere* sickness" I've had since August, thanks to Baby Ninja.

We're happy that the sticky hotness finally left earlier this month and now it's seriously getting down to being fall. Yay for pretty leaves, pumpkin patches, cool, starry nights and steaming bowls of chili and mugs of cider.

Sending to y'all!

fencing.gif Carolina Kel 
Pagan * Grad Student * Amateur Ninja * Bibliophile * Photographer * Cyberpunk* Cooking Diva * Wife to RJ & Partner to Abeja * Mamí Valkyrie to Eiríkr (2/26/2009), Skaði (3/18/2011) and a surprise munchkin due 8-23-2012 * I love my tribe of hearts! *

Old 10-11-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
it would be sweet to go and be there during the summer solstice and maybe be at stonehenge...
Skip Stonehenge and go to Avebury. And Glastonbury (if you go to Glastonbury, I can recommend a B&B that welcomes kids.)
(I felt absolutely nothing at Stonehenge. It was so disappointing.)

Old 10-11-2010, 08:11 PM

I am running a low grade fever- felt warm since last night, thought it was from dehydration but the thermometer is reading 99.3, so nothing major but still annoying. Strep throat is going around, so I hope I didn't catch it.

Love and light to all!

Old 10-11-2010, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
What?! Explain, please!
Just the rain going to wash us away hun Although at the height of the unemployment crisis dh DID suggest just selling it all and running away back to NZ... so you never know

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
Cari - you can send us your rain. our landscape is more like a moonscape or a mars-scape.
Gladly! I tell ya it's feast or famine here! We had nearly 10yrs worth of drought (5yrs worth of really serious, worrisome drought, the first 5 was the lead in with just 'not enough' rain) But now... someone turn off the taps for a while please!!!!! They are going to have to do planned releases from our reservoir, it's THAT FULL! In 2007 at this time, we were at 15% capacity (it becomes unusable/brackish at 9% I believe!) and it hovered around 40% for about 18mons (you don't know HOW happy ppl were to see 45% ... I totally remember getting excited ) So it's nice to have a little less worry, but srsly... my squash plants have fallen over and the main stem is pulling out of the waterlogged soil... powdery mildew abounds... my backyard is a river!

Quote:
that is what my husband said. he also said that if i dont care about his opinion why would i care about his aunts? lol. most of my family just hid my posts they didnt unfriend me. but anyway..
Where is that NGAS bone when we need it You must have really stepped in it deep to get the whole family hiding your posts! Did they tell you they hid you, or is there a way to tell? My main fb activity is bejeweled blitz so I have no idea Hope you had a productive day

Quote:
They can't. I'm an ex-smoker and I had no idea, until I quit. I only could tell if I'd been to a bar or a club that was particularly extra-smoky, and I'd not be able to stand the smell of my own hair.
The people I've known who are that inconsiderate (and fortunately, anymore, they are few) just say they don't care; they're going to smoke in there anyway. And usually it's cause they couldn't get a smoking room.
That's what I thought, I am SO glad Daim quit smoking when we met! He seriously just QUIT when we started getting serious (albiet still long distance) because he said it would be unfair of him to smoke in a relationship with someone that does not. Aside from the smell and such, he thought it was unconscionable to smoke knowing the risk to his health after making a comittment to a relationship. He never told me that until after we were living together... I was so impressed that he just forced himself to man up an DO IT.

Quote:
this last weekend MY HUSBAND, said IN FRONT OF THE KIDS.... hey next summer wanna go to england? he even said he would happily pick up as many on-line teaching jobs as needed so we could totally do it. i mean even if this doesn't pan out... how cool is it that he said it and wants to do something with the kids? he even said we should open up a savings account when he gets his bonus check next month and put half of the money in there.
h
OOOOH nice! And a huge step for him... maybe the conversations you've had are starting to sink in a little? I don't think I would necessarily skip stonehenge ala DOK, I'd still go just for the historical factor.. but I would DEFINITELY have to go to Glastonbury *sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Kel View Post
Howdy happy pagan peeps

I'm finally resurfacing after shaking the "It's morning *somewhere* sickness" I've had since August, thanks to Baby Ninja. !
Hehe @ amateur ninja! Welcome again

Old 10-11-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
stupid facebook.
I have so been there. Sometimes fb drives me up a wall. Thankfully I have some wonderful friends there but family no they can get to me.

Quote:
Yeah, I know, though. Which is why I really have started moderating what I say online as well as in person. It has taken a long time, but most of the time I've trained myself to not answer people immediately, especially online, and think to myself "Do I really need to reveal that?"
I do the same thing, I try anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittee View Post
I was up in TN this weekend to scatter my grandma's ashes. It was nice to see the family again, all my siblings are spread across the US. Not everyone got to come, but for those of us who were there it was nice to reconnect that familial bond. Saying goodbye was hard, it always is. But at the same time it was very peaceful.

Quote:
On the upside though, I discovered there is still a drive in theatre in brisbane!!!!! *dance* In Nov Harry Potter is showing there... we are TOTALLY going to try to go see it there instead of the regular theatre hehehe.
Awesome.. I would love a drive in here. We had one in Florida, but November in New Hampshire the place would be empty. I can't wait for Harry Potter..

Quote:
this last weekend MY HUSBAND, said IN FRONT OF THE KIDS.... hey next summer wanna go to england?

h
Yes!! Awesome!! You will have a wonderful time.

Quote:
I am running a low grade fever- felt warm since last night, thought it was from dehydration but the thermometer is reading 99.3, so nothing major but still annoying. Strep throat is going around, so I hope I didn't catch it.

Love and light to all!
I hope you feel better.

Thank you everyone for all your kind words. This has been such a difficult time for me. I know it will get easier, but I miss my dog. I hope everyone had a fantastic long weekend! Today was beautiful and I spent most of it outside just enjoying the beautiful weather.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 10-11-2010, 09:07 PM

no we will go to stonehenge for sure. something all us big folks have wanted to do (dh, dd, ds#1, ds#2, and me) for years. i think it would be great all those people there celebrating, but i love that sort of stuff. the energy of all those people together, i love that. i truly don't expect life altering things and you know what.. i usually get them. lol it is like when i pull out my cards and do a reading, not expecting much and BAM. there is my answer. sort of like the TM too. everything on there is happening. i was just looking at it the other day and was shocked at what i saw and what is happening in my life right now. without getting too corny... ask, believe, receive. (I know a bit too much of "the secret" but i swear it has been working for me. when i am open to it, i get what i am asking for. i just have to be ready to receive it the way it is given.) so anyway, enough of that.
we will have to make lists of all the things everyone wants to see and then see what we can fit in. ds#2 wants to go to the tower of london. all the kids want to see the HP castle.
dh went with his mother to england about 11 years ago and he had a great time. he has wanted to go back ever since, but just the two of us. i am just so happy he is actually talking about a trip like this with the kids... considering how trying it has been lately. he even said this weekend, that he is feeling really happy and grateful. there is hope! he just seems to be a guy who has to wallow for a bit and be upset and then see the light. i should know this i mean we have been together for 24 years. lol but it is always shocking to me that he has to do this process every time.

anyway, i think i will try and shower before i take ds#3 to gym class.

h

User Tag List