~*~ October Pagan Families Circle ~*~ - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2010, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Goodbye september, don't let the door hit ya in the *** on the way out! I know September has been just shockin' for a lot of us, so let's celebrate it's departure with gusto!!!! October *IS* going to be an awesome month

In the morning, weather allowing, I am going to take the boys to their favourite park to celebrate the arrival of October. Lucas heard me mention how cruddy Sept has been and his comment? Yeah, cause it rained too much! Yeah lucas.. when it rains it pours He declared that tomorrow would be sunny and lovely.. and it will be.. because it's October

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2010, 07:49 PM

October *is* going to be an awesome month I can feel it! (Especially today, there is a certain energy in the wind that has bee whippin' around here). It's supposed to rain for a bit but that's ok, rain has been lacking this month on this part of the globe.

I'm going to try to post more this month......I just never have a chance to really sit at the computer. I've been out of work with a severely sprained wrist since August, (was restraining a llama at work for wool shearing and got caught against a wall ) I just recently went back on "light" duty but it's still not right and I'm probably going to get surgery at the end of this month. Oh well, I just want it to be over with and healed.

Anyway, enough about me. I hope all of you have a lovely month!
Peace~

S~ Peace loving, natural living, FuNkY vegan mama to Keiran bouncy.gif 23/Dec/06:
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" ~~ MLK
Old 10-01-2010, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
October, october, the beauty of.... OCTOBER!

I keep getting kicked off the computer today so I'm gonna keep this short... have a beautiful blessed and bountiful last bleepin' day of September. September 2010, you shall not be mourned.

Onward into glorious, healthy, financially solid, car starting joy, peace filled October. Wherever and whenever we all may be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I'm being treated for a uti. Even though the urine test was neg. I have symptoms and they detected blood in the urine.
She said that if it's not better by tomorrow, then they'll do blood tests, etc, to see if something is going on with my kidneys.

This is just...weird.

She's been trying but even with some assistance, they cost $1000/month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
goodness. so much crazyness. i'm going with it being the last hurrah before the bliss that will be october. yesterday was one of *those* days here.... seriously. i wont even go into it. blech. sounds like i wasnt the only one! (my personal theory was that mercury was secretly retrograde)

hugs and vibes and IT'S ALMOST OCTOBER
Hola mamas! I had a lovely first day of October We went to the boys fave park, and apparently it's EVERYONE's favourite park I forgot it's still school holidays, and it was packed! The kids had a great time, and spent a couple of hours enjoying the day. It was wanting to rain the entire time we were out, and even 'spat' for about 30seconds... but the universe heard Lucas's manifesting from yesterday, that October wouldn't have so much rain hehehe.

Tonight is the boys favourite butter chicken burritos (indian/mexican fusion kinda thing lol) and then the grown ups have a raid in WOW

I've worked VERY hard to be positive today, although I got a bit at Q for messing around on the way to the toilet and having a bit of an accident... but I recovered quickly! I am determined to make this an awesome month

i may choose to ignore certain comments, though... so dont be expecting me to jump for joy if you say something about fall leaves.....

i'm going to be throwing a virtual birthday party for myself on the thread on tuesday. you've been warned.
Heh... what are fall leaves? We can haz none! Party???? OH best get shopping for a pressie and a dress to wear

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 10-01-2010, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

I do believe, that in honour of Samhain & Halloween that I shall post in orange all month long. If I remember

Old 10-01-2010, 09:14 AM

Happy October!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 10-01-2010, 10:29 AM

October, Samhain, pumpkins!!!!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-01-2010, 11:35 AM

Yay for October!
May this month be filled with Love, Joy and Fun!!!

That said, I must clean the garden...

Tonight is Yoga then Dance class! I love my Friday night!

Now, to put the huge chicken out of the fridge and in the oven if I want to feed my family tonight.

Have a great day!

Valérie   
Old 10-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Happy October

I love October too. I love so many things about all the seasons, but Fall in my absolute favorite! I want to thank everyone for the comments about my friend's passing. They really helped. I especially appreciated the suggestions about journaling stories about my friend for my her DD's. I really like the ideas about keeping it ongoing and giving a copy to both girls and one for myself. Then I'll make copies on pretty paper.

Mo3-Happy Birthday to your DS. What a great party and fun gifts.

Aweyn-I'm so happy you're going to be around.

Cari-Glad you had fun at the park! The chicken burritos sound yummy.

Shadow M- I'm sorry to hear about your wrist, and I hope it can heal as fast as possible.

Hugs to everyone Yay Samhain, pumpkins, seasons changing, new months, new starts, and great friends.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
Old 10-01-2010, 12:04 PM

I love October.

Finally we are seeing a change in the weather. It's gone from HOT HOT HOT to *not so hot*. Nice cool mornings are smelling like Autumn. Hopefully Halloween won't be 90 degrees again.

Happy October, everyone!

lady Mummy to Smoosh, 8-2005. Waldorf inspired homeschooler and crazy knitter!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:38 PM

Tulsi, where are you?

WARNING to aweyn, Autumn-spoiler ahead, don't read. I'm SO GLAD you decided to stay, btw

Asheville is just starting its leaf-changing. Finally! It was 85* till the 26th, then abruptly changed. So weird. I thought summer would never end.
The peak for leaves is the week before Halloween, usually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMoon View Post
I've been out of work with a severely sprained wrist since August, (was restraining a llama at work for wool shearing and got caught against a wall )
Sorry about your wrist! I've gotta say, though, that is one interesting way to sprain it. Your grandchildren will love that story

Mamas, I am down 6.8lbs in 7 days! AND I'm fitting better into sweatshirts from last year! I forgot that clothing might get looser

ETA: Happy 9th to MO3's ds!! I'm so glad the explorer kit was a hit!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 PM

Spreading lots of Love and Joy on October.

ShadowMoon, I hope your wrist is fixed up and on the mend soon. Restraining a llama can be very risky. I've spun some alpaca fiber on my drop spindle before which was fantastic. I have some llama patiently waiting for me to spin it, once I finish with my mohair / milk protein blend. I'm spinning it really thin before plying, but of course that just makes it take that much longer.

Married to my loving DH superhero.gif, becoming more and more "crunchy" with age. 
Old 10-01-2010, 12:45 PM

yay hurray bounce bounce bibble bibble joy!!!!!!!

It's October!

Happy, healthy, love to all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And my cycles returned... so I'm a bit crampy but happy too. It was a 13 month break this time so I'm not complaining (6mo with dd1, 9mo with dd2...who knows, if we have another maybe I'll just fade into peri-menopause and be done with the whole monthly cycle).

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 PM

Yay for OCTOBER

Bring on the pumpkins, the wine, the spices!!

Mof3 - happy birthday to your DS, that sounded like one cool explorer kit!!

and Yay for a party!! Time to go hunting for a sundress and some fairy wings

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

Old 10-01-2010, 12:49 PM

Hey everyone!! I'm so glad that fall is here and its OCTOBER!! I'm due with baby #5 on the 29th, but started some labor last night around 2am. So I'm trying not to get worked up about it knowing that I could do this for a few more weeks still. I have my fall decorations out, bought a Scentsy warmer and some LOVELY fall scents and it rained yesterday. Perfect fall weather!! I'm so in the mood for fall.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

Old 10-01-2010, 12:53 PM

squee!

babies and birthdays and parties already....this is SUCH a good month!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
yay hurray bounce bounce bibble bibble joy!!!!!!!

It's October!

Happy, healthy, love to all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And my cycles returned... so I'm a bit crampy but happy too. It was a 13 month break this time so I'm not complaining (6mo with dd1, 9mo with dd2...who knows, if we have another maybe I'll just fade into peri-menopause and be done with the whole monthly cycle).
DD2 turns a year on the 5th. i am in denial and have not even planned a party. lol.

on a side note- clay- do you temp or chart? did you have any signs it was coming back? i keep looking for some and dont know what i am looking for, i guess.

i love fall!! the inbetween seasons are my favs. well off to yoga. i must push myself so i start feeling better.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:40 PM

yeah for october!!

stayed up way to late last nite watching weird medical shows on discovery health channel. lol made me want to go back to work... just a little bit. or at least just start iv's again. lol

breakfast today?? left over cake of course! (per bill cosby it is a good breakfast. )

only one crappiness so far, dh's check was over 200 dollars short. i think maybe they didn't put in his PTO, if not we are screwed on the money front cuz we sort of need him to make more then that.

ok gotta go pay the rent, for some reason i didn't mail the check. lol i think i will just move into the minivan, i have been in there so much this last week. lol

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 10-01-2010, 03:19 PM

Happy October! Happy not-113 degrees anymore!

MO3-happy belated DS's birthday!

I decided to just focus on, whatever my results, everything will be fine. Whatever way, it will work out and the baby will be perfectly healthy.

Hopefully tonight will be all about decorating! We have some stuff from past Octobers and me and DS have been crafting like mad, with many more plans. Next up are a tin-cat black cat and an apple wreath, after we finish our bat mobile(we re-purposed a couple of twigs from our Sukkah and painted them black.)

We'll have to see how DH is doing-he got the flu shot on thursday and was really sick yesterday Not ideal, I had a horrible day yesterday, and could not get a break when he got home. Then had to go grocery shopping with DS-completely bare cupboards. He was not in bed until 9, then I had to clean until almost 12. I was pretty pleased that I did not get any BH contractions!

Ah, today will be better, I can feel it. No near-choking on macaroni, no explosive poop. Off to give Ds's loveys a bubble bath!!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:54 PM

Oops, forgot to sub. Was trying to figure out why I hadn't gotten a single update since 8 this morning.

Yes, my head is screwed on mostly straight. I can even almost spell today.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

Old 10-01-2010, 04:46 PM

ooooohhhh it's RAINING!!!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 05:11 PM

It's raining here too....a result of Tropical Storm Nicole. We're supposed to head to NJ tonight and see the ILs, so stress for me. But DD needs to see her grandparents.

Clay, congrats on you entering the Red Tent once again. I've been thinking about how to honor my cycles these days...a old friend of mine used her menstrual blood for ritual, but she's not local to me.

I hope for great things this month! Yay October!

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 10-01-2010, 05:59 PM

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza! I've been craving pizza for a couple weeks and I am finally getting some tonight (white pizza w/garlic and spinach.)

Then, I'm going to come home and order some new release books, fox finger puppet, and an owl finger puppet for Roo (free shipping rocks!) Wheeee!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 10-01-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
DD2 turns a year on the 5th.
Already??

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMoonMum View Post
I decided to just focus on, whatever my results, everything will be fine. Whatever way, it will work out and the baby will be perfectly healthy.
There you go. Good plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Pizza, Pizza, Pizza! I've been craving pizza for a couple weeks and I am finally getting some tonight (white pizza w/garlic and spinach.)
Oh, you had to say that. Me want! But I will have to wait till like December...then maybe I won't even want it.

M went to pick up J I am crossing fingers that they stay sober. It's out of my control, though. All I can do is remind him of the things he learned/figured out in the past 3 weeks.

M said he was going to take J to a meeting (J was asking about that last week or so) but who knows. He also, when J was asking about that last week, told J he would have to run that by me first if it was a good idea or not. I said probably not yet, and definitely not at night.

Oh, ugh.
I am trying to trust, but I think M has been planning a drunk most of the day.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 10-01-2010, 08:18 PM

Maia- hugs sweetie. I hope everyone is ok. Especially you. Hang in there!

DoK- must be the universe... we're doing pizza too!

minivan land- since we're currently a one car family, and since we live rurally, I've been spending a lot of time in the car getting people to work/school/activities/home. To the tune of 5-6 HOURS a day. And I hate driving. I'm just about done with this whole car thing I think! No driving... that's my goal!

charting/temping- I was a sort of kind of fertility tracker. My cycles are not and have never been regular, so a lot of the traditional fertility signs go right out the window. And I haven't had a so-called full night's sleep in nearly 5 years so temping was never really reliable. My salvation, so to speak, was one of those ferning microscopes (you put a drop of saliva on the lens, when fertile the pattern the saliva makes under the microscope looks like a fern... not fertile it looks like blobs) and a general tracking of cervical mucus and prolapse symptoms.

I'd been wondering about my cycle "re-booting" for the past few months since I was getting more cyclical CM and POP symptoms. I got my first pp AF at about 6 months with dd1, around 9mo with dd2 (while tandem nursing!), so I've been expecting this for a while now. And then a few days ago I was craving salt/grease (not my usual crave) and I wondered even more. It was still a bit of a shock though!

rain- dear lords yes! It's been wild! But right now we have blue skies and puffy clouds. I kind of hope it rains more.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:25 PM

Omg mamas.

Today, I was *this* close to losing dd. We were leaving McD's and unfortunately, the only way to the parking lot is walking across the drive thru. I'm holding a bag and drinks, while dd is holding a bag and holding my hand. She was on my right side. We looked and saw no cars and both began stepping off the curb. Suddenly I hear a car speeding into the lot and drive thru and almost hit her. It was a SUV. I threw my drinks to the ground to grab her against me so that I would have gotten hit instead of her. He stopped and out pops four young men.

People had crowded around me and my shaking child asking us if we were okay and I was shaking too. The driver of the truck apologized to me and asked if I needed new drinks. Yes that's right. Not "are you okay?" just "do you want free drinks?". A man in the crowd told them to get us new drinks and then we walked over to the car. Dd cried a little and I comforted her and then they brought my drinks, apologized again and then we left.

I'm glad she's okay but that was the scariest moment of my life.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:33 PM

Thanks, Clay. No matter what he does or does not do, I know there's nothing I can do about it. I'm still hoping, though.

unschoolin'-- BIG hugs, mama How scary. Are you both alright now?

Old 10-01-2010, 10:39 PM

We are now. I'm going to keep an eye on her tonight to make sure no nightmares. Hopefully there won't be.

DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:41 PM

I am so behind. I didn't realize it was October until around 6p? I am so out of it.

DeShanna, how scary!! I am so glad you and your DD are safe.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 10-01-2010, 10:57 PM

DeShanna- how scary! Rescue remedy might be in order.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 10-01-2010, 11:14 PM

s deshanna! My heart is thumping after reading that. O.M.G thank goddess everyone is ok!!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

User Tag List