searching... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2010, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i suppose that is how i would describe it... i have recently felt very drawn to Judaism, but feel very conflicted about it in a way. i was raised in and am currently part of the Armenian Orthodox Church and as much as i appreciate it and love the ritual of it, i don't really get much out of it. the services are in Armenian which i only have a cursory understanding of at best. the sermon is in english, but that's it.
in an effort to be respectful of my husband and his beliefs i began taking our ds to various activities at a local synagogue from the time he was about 9 months old, there i found friends and a sense of community that have never known in my church.
I guess i feel like embracing my interest in Judaism would be like letting my own heritage slip away.
i am wondering i guess how to balance or reconcile this. or how i can pass on my heritage, which is DEEPLY rooted in Christianity while exploring my interest in another faith.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

anyone??

Old 10-18-2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natty529 View Post
anyone??
Did you check your PMs?

lady.gif
Old 10-19-2010, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter

i did thank you! i will give it a try. it is the Armenian culture i am most interested in preserving, the issue is that the religion and the culture are practically one and the same...

Old 10-26-2010, 10:32 PM

I know that some synagogues have classes for people who want to learn more about Judaism. Maybe you could sign up for some classes to at least learn more about it.

Wife to dh since 1999, stepmom to dss (13 yrs. old)jammin.gif, mom to ds (9 yrs. old)bikenew.gif, dd (7 yrs. old)bouncy.gif, and ds (4 yrs. old)sleepytime.gif

User Tag List