Feng Shui help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-27-2010, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We live in a second floor apartment (split level home), at the intersection of two busy streets. Our entrance is not the main entrance to the house, but off the side in a narrow alley between two houses. Our door opens up to a hallway slightly wider than the door and stairs immediately taking you up. We have no room in the entry way for a plant or anything, and no where to mount a picture except the side walls.

Any suggestions?

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#2 of 4 Old 10-27-2010, 12:08 PM

a mirror adjacent to the door makes the entrance seem wider. don't put anything behind the door, because it needs to be able to open all the way.

use something musical to attract energy in. i have two bronze bells on hooks on the the inside of my front door, and the sound always makes me happy. (plus whenever i order take-out, i tuck the money into one of the bells, so it's right there no matter who answers the door!) you could use windchimes or a strand of tiny bells over the doorknob. it doesn't sound like you have room for a fountain.

you could also make the entrance to your home more attractive from the outside, like by placing identical planters on either side of your door, or sconces, or . . . painting the door? the standard advice is red. my door is still white. i haven't decided on a color. also just keeping it very tidy and removing any obstacles will help. sweep the steps/sidewalk, etc.
#3 of 4 Old 11-02-2010, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

A mirror on the side wall? I thought mirrors at entrances pushed energy out...?

We have a little wind chime that I think will be perfect for the doorway, thanks for the suggestion. Not much we can do about the exterior of the house since we're renting, but I like the suggestion of making the entrance more beautiful. Maybe I'll get a wreath. But then, aren't silk flowers and such bad feng shui?

My babies were born at home! 09/07, 01/10, and 09/12 joy.gif

#4 of 4 Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 PM

if the door opens directly to the mirror, then that would bounce the energy right back out. (it sounds like the stairs are straight ahead of the door, am i right?) but adjacent to the door - let's say when the door is all the way open, it is against the right-hand wall; so then you'd have the mirror on the left-hand wall. it would make the space seem wider so more energy could flow in, in theory. if it's not a good spot for a mirror, though, skip it! i have a narrow entrance and i don't have a mirror there. just bells - however i'm going to add a rug with lines that look like water flowing in from my front door (inside the door) and a fun welcome mat outside.

i don't think silk flowers are bad feng shui - just dead/dried flowers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page