~*~ November Pagan Families Thread!!!~*~ - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#451 of 478 Old 11-29-2010, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Is your tree ok/not moldy/allergy safe, DoK?  

#452 of 478 Old 11-29-2010, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Val, So sorry about your Mother.  I like a lot of people missed your post:(  I will be thinking about you.

Cari, stinks about the van.  You would think the guy would have double checked to make sure it was nothing more than a thermostat. 

Afternoon all,

I had a heck of a time getting on the internet this morning, must have been everyone shopping online??  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  Tomorrow is my 20th wedding anniversary and the first time my DH and I will be apart on our anniversary.  He's going to Florida for a few days, work related so he can't get out of it:(  I can't believe it's been 20 years..

I hope everyone has a great day:)

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#453 of 478 Old 11-29-2010, 11:23 AM

Valerie, thinking of you. I'm so sorry about your mom's current state.

Come ponder with me about food!
#454 of 478 Old 11-29-2010, 12:16 PM

Valerie- thinking of you

cari- hugs!  I'd be peeved too!

dok- my quote vanished too, was your tree ok?

lioness- Grapefruit Seed Extract (internal and external both) is great for just about anything.  And double yes to getting cultured.  There are lots of odd things that live on people/animals and they get lumped together based on where they are found.  So "athletes foot" can also be "thrush" can also be jock itch" etc.  It just depends.  Ask about Impetigo and Ringworm... they're common, easy to pass back and forth forever, hard to get rid of without the right stuff, and easy to treat once identified as such.  Especially the scalp thing... a friend of mine is a vet and she had ringworm for years in her hair (it's a fungus, not a worm).

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#455 of 478 Old 11-29-2010, 06:42 PM

I didn't look yet.  Was feeling yucky today.  I didn't do anything today... and my kitchen is paying the price.  It's going to take me a LONG time on Tuesday to

clean my kitchen.  Bleh.

You have a good memory, by the way.  smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

dok- my quote vanished too, was your tree ok?

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#456 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 06:53 AM

DoK-I hope you feel better soon and that the magick cleaning faeries visit your house while you sleep. 

Valerie-I'm thinking of you, your family and your mom.hug.gif

DS is sick and DP is coming down too.  Looks likes were held out as long as we could this season.  At least the timing is OK.  Nothing all too important this week.  I did spend some time Sunday and Monday decking the halls with Celtic Christmas music on ala Accuradio.  I made a wreath for our front door out of rosemary, bay leaves (these from our property) and mistletoe, and it's so pretty if I do say so myself. innocent.gif Also we have a huge bunch of mistletoe under our porch lamp and another bunch to walk under as you enter out home.  I'm feeling the need for lots of kissy, lovey energy in our home.  Our 31 days of December advent paper chain is made and hung.  Saturday if everyone is well, we tromp up the mountain to cut down our tree.treehugger.gif

Sending love, light and energy to those who'd like some.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#457 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 06:59 AM

I'm better today! Cleaning faeries didn't come, though.  I suppose I need to get off my bum and start washing those dishes.  I need domestic staff (cook, housekeeper, nanny.)  winky.gif

Femme- Wishing your family well. 

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#458 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 AM

If I could afford it, I'd get a house keeper and that. is. that.pinktongue.gif  So glad you're feeling better.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#459 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 07:29 AM

Mom passed away last night...

I didn't have much sleep... Still feel numb. Almost as a dreamy state. Everything looks and feels different. Even my coffee doesn't taste the same...

Trying to keep touch with reality by doing chores...

Valérie   
#460 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 08:09 AM

Thanks everybody for the suggestions.

valerie- thinking of you today.

the more i google the more sad i get. one of the doctors i talked to yesterday made me feel bad for reading stuff on the internet and then telling them what i read. sigh. i just want answers. i am now convinced that me and my girls have a an inherited disorder that results in malabsorption and immune issues. it would explain my poor health and my dd1's health issue. it would also explain my fibro, my moms type 2 diabetes, thyroid and digestive issues and how bad the scalp issue for me really is. i have doctor appts coming but i am more worried about DD1. i took her to the ped specialty clinic. after 3 doctors they all agreed that i should get her tested. the internalist kept saying how she had "traditional" views etc when i asked her about intolerances. she was the one who made the comment about reading the internet. i am not crazy. i KNOW that this is all related. i refuse to let my child grow up with an issue like this. she will end up feeling like i do, with no teeth, and anxiety issues. i cant let that happen. i will make them doctors do every test they can think of to find out what exactly is causing this issue. i feel better when i take extra vitamins. we obviously have an issue absorbing all our nutrients and vitamins. but it feels like nobody believes me except the one doctor who agreed with me about DD1 not weighing what she should. well, more specifically, having fat deposits where she should. i am so frustrated.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#461 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 08:46 AM

GRRR, Lioness, how frustrating.

Huge hugs, Valerie. It will feel dreamy for some time.

I want cleaning fairies!! How do I order them? winky.gif

Well, M, as per usual, went and got smashed as I was coming home greensad.gif I really wish he would stop doing that. I thought he had it all handled, as he was not smashed when my plane landed, for a change. But he didn't make it through the evening.

It really pisses me off, because it totally ruins my homecoming with my child. Having to worry about M and all.

This morning, I just totally broke down-- crying and wailing to the Universe to please not let M die of this. I am so sad. I know there isn't a damn thing I can do about it and why did the Universe get us back together if he can't get sober and LIVE? He doesn't remember much of anything past getting home from work. But while we were talking last night, he was so pissed at alcoholism and so bummed and sad that he can't seem to stop. I am so afraid he will die before his time. I can't figure out why he's so freaking resistant to AA but IME it's the ONLY thing that helps. It's the only chance. Frick.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#462 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 AM

Valerie - I am so sorry for your loss and I offer up a prayer for you and your family for strength, and love during this time, along with a  candle.gif for your mother to light her path on her next journey.

grouphug.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#463 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 09:31 AM

grouphug.gif Valerie.  I am so sorry for your loss.  Please be gentle with yourself.

#464 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 AM

Maia- Oh man that sucks. greensad.gif  What a horrible pattern for you and him.  I'm sorry you're going through this.  That must be such a blow on the heels of a great trip.  Hopefully this will be one more uncomfortable experience that will bring him closer to the reality of what he needs to do to support himself through this disease. hug.gif

LM-Grr... to close minded health care workers.I have real strong opinions about med. prof's who don't want their patients to be educated about their own health.

Semi-related topic-Michael Pollan is speaking at the University here tomorrow night and I wish I could afford to go. Boo $.

#465 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 10:13 AM

Yes, it does suck, BIGtime. The worst part is, he wants to forget about it ASAP because it so shames him he can't stand to look at himself. That's the tragedy of this freaking disease, for some people. That's why the pattern repeats itself.

I asked him if I could have his brother's phone number, and his work buddy's, in case of emergency. His brother allowed me to have it. M and his brother are closer than anything. ANYthing. I said I would never call unless it was a dire emergency, but I swear, I am so close to calling him right now and asking for help.

Thing is, his brother has a hair trigger temper and I am pretty sure that even if I said not to, he'd probably not only mention that I called, but tear him a new orifice as to why. The brother has come out on his own to support me (remember that fight M and I had a week or two ago? M mentioned it to his brother, who ripped him a new one over it "You know you have an incredible woman who loves you-- don't you DARE eff it up"). And I don't want that to happen. Yet.

I have been depressed and sad all damn day, today, so far. I am thinking of threatening M with that phone call to the brother if he doesn't get off his patootie and DO something about this. I don't know what else to do.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#466 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 10:29 AM

I just got the informations for the service (catholic church). We will say the last goodbye on December 11. :'(

My life in a few songs...

Celine Dion's song Goodbye's The Saddest Word is playing in my head. Her tribute song to her yound niece too (Fly). There is also a song in French called Une mère (A Mother) that is haunting me. And one of my favorite singer just released a song called Je partirai (I will leave)...

So many things to do...

I'm making meat pies... will bake some small ones to bring to my dad...

Valérie   
#467 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

I didn't have much sleep... Still feel numb. Almost as a dreamy state. Everything looks and feels different. Even my coffee doesn't taste the same...

Oh Valerie, I am so sorry for your loss.  I will be thinking about you and your family and sending you much love vibes.  Hugs!

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#468 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post

Semi-related topic-Michael Pollan is speaking at the University here tomorrow night and I wish I could afford to go. Boo $.

I'm pissed at Michael Pollan right now because he threw his name behind Senate S.510 (which will wipe out small to medium family farms).  I'd like to go to throw tomatoes at him. But that's for a different forum, I guess.

Anyhoo... somebody here was looking for gingerbread style GF cookies.  Haven't tried it but this recipe looks promising: http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/index.cfm/2010/11/29/gluten-free-molasses-cookies

Maia: big big bummer.  maybe he's reluctant because he isn't quite ready to take full personal responsibility for his actions?

Valerie: so sorry for your loss.

It's getting cold here!  Yay!

And for those who wanted to read more about heart coherence, Stephen Buhner does a spectacular job describing/explaining it in "Secret Teachings of Plants".  I also recommend Matthew Wood's "Seven Herbs..."

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#469 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Yes, it does suck, BIGtime. The worst part is, he wants to forget about it ASAP because it so shames him he can't stand to look at himself. That's the tragedy of this freaking disease, for some people. That's why the pattern repeats itself.

I asked him if I could have his brother's phone number, and his work buddy's, in case of emergency. His brother allowed me to have it. M and his brother are closer than anything. ANYthing. I said I would never call unless it was a dire emergency, but I swear, I am so close to calling him right now and asking for help.

Thing is, his brother has a hair trigger temper and I am pretty sure that even if I said not to, he'd probably not only mention that I called, but tear him a new orifice as to why. The brother has come out on his own to support me (remember that fight M and I had a week or two ago? M mentioned it to his brother, who ripped him a new one over it "You know you have an incredible woman who loves you-- don't you DARE eff it up"). And I don't want that to happen. Yet.

I have been depressed and sad all damn day, today, so far. I am thinking of threatening M with that phone call to the brother if he doesn't get off his patootie and DO something about this. I don't know what else to do.

but isnt yelling at him or being mad at him or threatening him also enabling him??

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#470 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

but isnt yelling at him or being mad at him or threatening him also enabling him??

I don't know. How do you figure it's enabling?

#471 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:

I don't know. How do you figure it's enabling?

that is what the al anon ladies told me.  :shrug

esp if you tell him all this stuff. it takes the responsinility off of him and puts it on you bc you feel responsible for his problem.

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/info2/a/aa052197.htm 

i am an enabler. everytime i get mad about his drinking or nag him or pay his fine or whatever. i am enabling him. i am new to this but when you talk about M it rings a bell with me and my relationship with my DH. except it is more serious health wise for M.

#472 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 04:03 PM - Thread Starter

Yay for making it in to reply before there are 20 unread posts?! :lol

Quote:

Thanks everybody for the suggestions.

valerie- thinking of you today.

the more i google the more sad i get. one of the doctors i talked to yesterday made me feel bad for reading stuff on the internet and then telling them what i read. sigh 

Well that's because doctors are GOD .. geez didn't you know that???    Seriously though, doctors resent the internet in a lot of cases because it makes patients proactive and able to be more educated in their healthcare... MOST docs want a patient that will shut up, take their pill, and pay their bill.   My FIL had the same thing with his stomach condition years ago... about 10yrs actually... a family member who was net savvy helped him look up the symptoms and he read about this 'new' diagnosis that seemed very similar to his problem.  TOld the doc, who acted like he was a fool for reading on the net... but dad insisted he do the test.. lo & behold, positive for heliobacter pylori.  Which was exactly what dad read :lol 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

:hugs Valerie   I wish I had wise words..

Morning mamas... it's a grey, dreary day here :)  Hope it actually rains finally.   Feeling a bit zonked.. woke up at 1am when lucas had a bad dream... again at 2 when he said he wasn't feeling well and dh found him in the lounge, watching cartoons and.. eating toast! LOL   Derrick was still up at 2, despite today being his usual day to work with daim irked.gif  I swear, I'm gonna have to shut that boys net off at night.   Either way, was a rather pathetic attempt at a night's sleep.

I'm trying to feel more in tune spiritually because with all the stress in my life, I surely need it!  So, this morning I've had a cleansing shower.. visualizing the stress and ICK washing away with the water down the drain.  I then sat where my TM is and spent a few moments focusing on that... then I lit my altar candles (one for a the neice of a friend who's seriously ill, one for Valeries mother to journey safely on, and one focusing on getting a JOB for me :)  Now I sit here, with a cuppa, worshipping the Goddess Caffienia hehehe

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#473 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

And for you to sub to for tomorrow love.gif   Here's the December thread!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#474 of 478 Old 11-30-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:

that is what the al anon ladies told me.  :shrug

esp if you tell him all this stuff. it takes the responsinility off of him and puts it on you bc you feel responsible for his problem.

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/info2/a/aa052197.htm 

i am an enabler. everytime i get mad about his drinking or nag him or pay his fine or whatever. i am enabling him. i am new to this but when you talk about M it rings a bell with me and my relationship with my DH. except it is more serious health wise for M.

Off to go read your post. But-- I don't pay the fines or nag...I just get seriously upset because I fear so badly that I will lose him. That I am watching him die in front of my eyes. I don't get mad inasmuch as I get very, very sad. Also-- it's so frustrating because I know, I know first hand how very nearly impossible it is to stop. I do not want to lose him. I can't imagine what cruel joke the Universe is playing at, to get us back together only for me to watch him die.

#475 of 478 Old 12-01-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

Well that's because doctors are GOD .. geez didn't you know that???    Seriously though, doctors resent the internet in a lot of cases because it makes patients proactive and able to be more educated in their healthcare... MOST docs want a patient that will shut up, take their pill, and pay their bill.   My FIL had the same thing with his stomach condition years ago... about 10yrs actually... a family member who was net savvy helped him look up the symptoms and he read about this 'new' diagnosis that seemed very similar to his problem.  TOld the doc, who acted like he was a fool for reading on the net... but dad insisted he do the test.. lo & behold, positive for heliobacter pylori.  Which was exactly what dad read :lol  

all the other doctors were working with me but this one was just sooooo... ugh. and she kept saying "i am traditional" over and over. the one kept saying the want to do all the other tests first. i have to keep reminding myself they are fallible. lol. and to insist on what i want.

Quote:

Off to go read your post. But-- I don't pay the fines or nag...I just get seriously upset because I fear so badly that I will lose him. That I am watching him die in front of my eyes. I don't get mad inasmuch as I get very, very sad. Also-- it's so frustrating because I know, I know first hand how very nearly impossible it is to stop. I do not want to lose him. I can't imagine what cruel joke the Universe is playing at, to get us back together only for me to watch him die.

that is good you dont nag him etc. i just wanted to remind you about co dependency. i used to be a meth addict. it is very different on the other side of the addiction. <<hugs>>.

#476 of 478 Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 AM

weeheew! 64 posts to catch up on. not sure if i like that i know that or not, lol.

i'll try and come back later, though i'm not sure when i'll be able to grab dh's computer, alas! but i had to pop on and ask two quick questions while i had a chance!

i think there's a favorite elderberry syrup-- but i cant remember which one? any recs? 

also, does anyone have a fave recipe for a sort of medieval-esque meat pie? (beef, preferably, because i can get local, but i'll try pork, if anyone thinks that's better/more authentic!)

hugs and sunshine to all!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

#477 of 478 Old 12-01-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Postthat is good you dont nag him etc. i just wanted to remind you about co dependency. i used to be a meth addict. it is very different on the other side of the addiction. <<hugs>>.

I've been on both sides, Lioness...sigh. It's hard either way. This sure is taking me back to when I knew I was an alkie, but didn't want anything to do with quitting yet. Honestly, I could deal with this so much easier if he didn't have an inflamed pancreas. This could go either way...I'm trying to practice acceptance and realize that I can't possibly predict the future. He could just as easily get sober, and be healthy, as die. I pray fervently, of course, for the former. And yes, we both know we're hopelessly co-dependent wink1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Posti think there's a favorite elderberry syrup-- but i cant remember which one? any recs? 

also, does anyone have a fave recipe for a sort of medieval-esque meat pie? (beef, preferably, because i can get local, but i'll try pork, if anyone thinks that's better/more authentic!)

I make my own elderberry syrup. It's not hard. Actually it's a tincture, but it's a glycerite so it is kind of syrupy.  Meat pie, no, but LMK when you find one! That sounds like a fab Yule meal!

#478 of 478 Old 12-01-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

weeheew! 64 posts to catch up on. not sure if i like that i know that or not, lol.

i'll try and come back later, though i'm not sure when i'll be able to grab dh's computer, alas! but i had to pop on and ask two quick questions while i had a chance!

i think there's a favorite elderberry syrup-- but i cant remember which one? any recs? 

hugs and sunshine to all!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

i'll point to some links for elderberry syrup in the december thread.  meat pie... hrm.....  will ponder that and add to december.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page