~*~ November Pagan Families Thread!!!~*~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 478 Old 11-05-2010, 08:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i just wanted to share...
i hung one of these in my kitchen window ( http://www.novanatural.com/natural-h...spiral-crystal ) and the sun hits it just as i have to make dinner. my kitchen is full of rainbows just when i need them at the end of the day when i am feeling burned out!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#122 of 478 Old 11-05-2010, 08:33 PM

Ooh, I love sparkly crystals. That must look so pretty, Mo3.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#123 of 478 Old 11-05-2010, 09:12 PM

Mamaofthree- Those are beautiful!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#124 of 478 Old 11-05-2010, 10:28 PM

Mo3: beautiful!

so it's as official as it can get *cough* ... school doesn't hurt or help but parental involvement is key: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...1029121554.htm

I haven't read the whole piece (it is friday night after all and it's been a long day with a lot of idiots) but the headline seemed compelling.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#125 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post
i hung one of these in my kitchen window ( http://www.novanatural.com/natural-h...spiral-crystal ) and the sun hits it just as i have to make dinner. my kitchen is full of rainbows just when i need them at the end of the day when i am feeling burned out!

h
It's beautiful. I have a crystal sun hanging in my bedroom window. Love it.

I am like most of you, outside my window it's gray. When I lived in the South the colors I associated with November were the burnt shades of Yellow, Red/Rust, Brown and Green.

Just a reminder, clocks turn back tonight. I wish they wouldn't but they do

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#126 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post

I went to see my midwife two days ago for a blood draw. Yesterday I cried out of anxiety, I just couldn't stay centered at all. Today I went for the repeat. She told me my betas were at 1493. In her words "those are awesome betas for 4 weeks 5 days!". She is really cheering me on and I appreciate her support in this. I do have a good feeling about this bean, but any other positive vibes are welcome

I have to get some sleep...I am now officially on my "weekend" and my midwife told me to sleep every chance I get...the house will wait (and it has waited....eek!)
Yay mama! Sticky vibes to you.

Quote:

h
That is soo pretty! I love spirals. I might be hinting a bit about that pretty to DP.

redveg- I don't want to turn back either. I've been getting up before 5, so will mean getting up at 4 am for me?

I'm giving a concert a week from today. I'm getting a little nervous. Must work on grounding and centering. Maybe some affirmations about being calm and prepared. Darn performance anxiety.

Hugs love and light to all who would like. Have a great weekend.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#127 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post
Maia - glad you got to see M! Hope he is doing better these days!
Not yet, mama...17 more days

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
i'm thinking of nuts and pine cones - that kind of gray brown. in fact, i have a glass candle holder that is mostly empty, and the candle part almost floats in the larger container. i fill the base with pine cones and rocks.
That sounds so pretty! Awhile back, I don't know where I found it, but I found this huh-YOOGE pine cone. It has to be at least 9" tall and 5" around, maybe more. I use it in holiday decorating.

Snow blowers-- blech. I hate modern unnecessary machinery. What in the world is wrong with a shovel? Or especially a rake or broom for fallen leaves? I hate hate hate leaf blowers. Lazy noise pollution, IMO. I had an argument with my mom one time about that-- we were visiting her and taking an early Sunday walk and some eediot was out with a dang leaf blower. On a Sunday morning I said something about it and my mom got all impatiently huffy with me "That's progress!". Um, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post
maia, <blush> the package is on the table to go out today... of course, i've tried that before, and still it hasnt made it.....

why are you mad about HP 6 movie, maia??

speaking of HP-- did you all do the "what hogwarts prof are you" on fb?

ok, you got me-- duck baking? do tell!
Yeah on the duck baking! All I could figure is maybe they're having duck for dinner?

I think brown and burgundy would both go really nicely with your mini pumpkins on the hearth!

Thanks, on the tea

Harry Potter movies-- (SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T SEE THE LAST ONE):
DS and I were both very disappointed in the last movie. Because of three things: 1) the Burrow going on fire. What in the world did that have to do with the book? At all? and 2) not showing the final battle scene. It was integral to the story, and 3) minimizing Dumbledore's death by not showing the funeral. Also integral to the story.
Talk about major artistic license. NOT OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMoonMum View Post
we never EVER go out or to the movies but for HP we make an exception!

Purple nurples I know it's not funny,and I'm sorry you hurt but I haven't heard that phrase in ages

Quote:
but keep in mind that her idea of "local" is North Carolina
Where in NC, did she say? NC is local to me

I found a pretty cool link, for those of you with Christian background or lingering interest:
http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Whee...DY90KJEMZCQY04

Quote:
i hung one of these in my kitchen window ( http://www.novanatural.com/natural-h...spiral-crystal )
OK, I want that. Really, really want that. I sent it on a Stumble link to M with the note "Hint, hint" Like he might ever. One can hope, though. He's kind of like Clay's DH. Not a gifty guy. Plus he's barely making it as it is. But I can let him know my likes

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Just a reminder, clocks turn back tonight. I wish they wouldn't but they do
I can't wait till they do. I love the dark season. I am so, so angry about them messing with the time as it is. It was enough that Mom Nature can't get it darker in the winter and lighter in the summer without us messing with the dang clocks, but now for the past 2 years we have to get even more Daylight Savings Time
I say if people want it light year round, they should move to places like Alaska where they get 6 months of it, and stop messing with Father Time.

Sorry, rant over

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#128 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 10:43 AM

Oh. My. Gods. My mom just sent this to me in email. Do NOT have liquid in your mouth when you read this!!

ONLY A MOTHER WOULD KNOW...

~A Cup of Tea ~

One day my mother was out, and my dad was in charge of me.

I was maybe 2 1/2 years old. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a gift, and it was one of my favorite toys.

Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought him a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my mom came home.

My dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' Mom waited, and sure enough, here I came down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy; and she watched him drink it up.

Then she said, (as only a mother would know), "'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water, is the toilet?"

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#129 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 10:56 AM

Too cute and eew!

I agree with you about not messing with Father Time. Unfortunately, my circumstances are not fun right now with the early waking. I like the dark too. Just need to do something to get it in my head that I don't need to rise 2 1/2 3 hours before dawn.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#130 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
Oh. My. Gods. My mom just sent this to me in email. Do NOT have liquid in your mouth when you read this!!

ONLY A MOTHER WOULD KNOW...

~A Cup of Tea ~

One day my mother was out, and my dad was in charge of me.

I was maybe 2 1/2 years old. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a gift, and it was one of my favorite toys.

Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought him a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my mom came home.

My dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' Mom waited, and sure enough, here I came down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy; and she watched him drink it up.

Then she said, (as only a mother would know), "'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water, is the toilet?"
SOO Funny!! I normally don't share with DH but I HAD to have him read that!! He laughed too. We could totally see that happening.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#131 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post
I like the dark too. Just need to do something to get it in my head that I don't need to rise 2 1/2 3 hours before dawn.
Well...I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter when I sleep, as long as I get all the sleep I need. So, 8-9 hours, and I don't care if it's 8pm-5am or 10pm-7am. That comes of trying to coordinate M's schedule with DS's school schedule

#132 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:

Harry Potter movies-- (SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO DIDN'T SEE THE LAST ONE):
DS and I were both very disappointed in the last movie. Because of three things: 1) the Burrow going on fire. What in the world did that have to do with the book? At all? and 2) not showing the final battle scene. It was integral to the story, and 3) minimizing Dumbledore's death by not showing the funeral. Also integral to the story.
Talk about major artistic license. NOT OK

I can't wait till they do. I love the dark season. I am so, so angry about them messing with the time as it is. It was enough that Mom Nature can't get it darker in the winter and lighter in the summer without us messing with the dang clocks, but now for the past 2 years we have to get even more Daylight Savings Time
I say if people want it light year round, they should move to places like Alaska where they get 6 months of it, and stop messing with Father Time.

Sorry, rant over
Harry Potter.. I loved, loved the books and I for the most part love the movies too. But I agree with what you have said here I was upset with the last movie too. I am still excited for the next move to come out. It's the only movies my entire family goes to see together. I hope the next two are awesome!!!

I agree with you on the time change too. I don't mind it getting darker but it happens naturally we don't need to mess with the clocks.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#133 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 05:11 PM

This time change is going to be awful. With ds waking up at 4:30 as it is now, it'll then be 3:30! Argh!

#134 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Harry Potter- I agree, the last two movies have left out some vital points, in my opinion. We are going to the Harry Potter world and I hope I am not disappointed.

Singing- that is good news!!

I will catch up tonight, we bought the girls a new toy organizer and a nice 3 tiered shelf for the kitchen, nothing fancy, one of the build your own but better than nothing. We need to put it together....

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#135 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 05:53 PM

My apologies if this has already been posted and I missed it:

Tracy's New Moon article is up!

Maryhippie.gif

#136 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 05:55 PM

Aeress, I am SO jealous!! I want to go there so badly! When are you going? LMK how it is!!

I'm in freak-mode again...I know I should remain calm, and I'm trying, but I can't help it. I last talked to M at 2:20pm and my friend came over and I said I'd call him back in a bit. I have not heard from him since, and he's not answering.

I'm really hoping he's asleep...but you never know. Last night he had a really, really, really bad night emotionally, but he did not drink. This morning he woke up fine, then had a horrible stomach issue for hours. Puke-sick. All he'd had was like a quart of Juicy-juice and then had to lay down. He nearly dehydrated from, um, the bathroom. He slept till like...1:30pm! Then he woke up feeling much better and made himself some eggs.
Then I lost touch

All I know is, he has a higher power and I'm not it. Nor can I do anything about anyone's behavior but mine.
Still. that he's alright. Not drunk. Sigh.

My ds's best friend is here overnight. Her mom had to work tonight and in the morning, so I agreed to take her dd. Yeek.

#137 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 06:57 PM

Everytime I post my freakiness to you guys, he calls right back and everything's fine

Turns out, he was sitting there wondering where I was. His phone just turned itself off. It does things like that now and then, his ear piece, too, and he hasn't been able to figure that out yet. Some geek he is

But he's fine Well...fine as in not drunk. His poor stomach is still upset, some

#138 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 07:03 PM

took ds#1 out to get some winter clothing... a couple jeans, a couple long sleeve t-shirts and a hoody. lol I LOVE living here. lol the little boys need a few long sleeve t-shirts and hoodies and they are good too. woot!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#139 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 07:30 PM

We need winter things, too, MO3. Hey when are you going to change your username to MO6?

Anyway. I need winter boots, so does ds, and we both need rain boots, and I need a rain coat of some sort. Any recommendations? For me? Normally I love Uggs (Classic Short, in black), but they aren't going to do, when we eventually move back north.
For a raincoat for me, I had one of those cheap plastic zippered things from Kmart or someplace like that. I want a better one, but not spend a ton of money on it.
For ds's winter boots, at least this year, we'll probably try Goodwill first. And then the cheap stores. But when we move up north, he'll need good ones, too.

I don't even know what "good ones" are, anymore

#140 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 08:02 PM

Fly by... we're at the place in Hyannis and... it's scary. Half the online reviews are glowing, half are horrible and we are clearly in the "horrible" part of the hotel. The door was actually kicked in! Like, the door is shattered around the deadbolt and then sort of glued back together? The fabric on the couch/bed is ripped, the headboard of the murphy bed is busted, the carpet is just horrible! Ick! We're trying to figure out what to do... we barely had the budget for the trip, now we need to figure out someplace to stay. I'm more or less in tears. Being totally red tent and having jsut spent almost 10 horus in a car with three fussy kiddos? ARGH!!!!!!!!

So, we had planned on spending tomorrow around town, Monday in Boston (DD1 really wants to go to the Boston Museum of Science and we have free tickets since our local science center has a recip agreement), then Tuesday at IKEA, the Wed on the road home. But we can't stay here. It's not just dirty, the door thing is totally creeping me out. I can't figure it out... my MIL had a great time here and some of the reviews just praise it through the roof. But other reviews are dead on in terms of what we walked into. The siding in the hall is coming off the walls... not to mention the whole place is painted pepto pink, with funky smoke stains. It's just... icky!

Of course, the kids couldn't care less since they're out of their car seats annd there is Food Network. But I'm just... I'm just out of energy.

Winter boots- go to someplace like LLBean and check out their stuff. Not so much in terms of buying from their website, but because they describe their products and then rate them in terms of a temperature range they feel the product is good for. That'll give you an idea what to look for. Honestly DH and I go opposite ways on winter boots... I buy a cheapo Walmart boot for about 20-30 dollars every winter and then wear them into the ground. DH though spends a fair chunk of change on "good" boots (like LLBean) and wears them for a few years. It works out about the same but in terms of up front cost my way "feels" easier.

Ok... gotta go! wish us luck!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#141 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 08:55 PM

clay - can you ask for another room?

maia - that author is from... Asheville (really, is there any other place in NC that is hippy/crunchy for living?)

winter boots - dh gets keens i think (i think he should just buy shares in keen as he only ever buys that brand). i've gone with LL Bean. i would love to get a pair of these (http://www.russellmoccasin.com/boots...ula_thula.html) but i had a heart attack when i saw the price. (*grumble* why is it that most of the recommendations for clothing or shoes from Marks Daily Apple folks cost a small fortune?)

Harry Potter - ds isn't into it yet so dh and i will wait for it to come out on dvd. we've had a few really awful experiences at the local theatre that we avoid going to them.

ugh. prodigal kitten didn't come in last night until the wee hours of ... 5am? i barely slept from worry because he's a little skinny guy and it got chilly last night. we left a tiny bowl of cat food on the deck, with a big bowl of water (totally frozen this morning), and the big kennel with a few blankets in the event that he came back and we didn't hear. well, 4 big adult raccoons came up on the deck (it's a pretty high deck), ate all the cat food, even put cat food crumbs into the water bowl. those animals made such a commotion that it woke me up (3:30?) and i didn't get back to sleep until after kitten came back. time to get more salmon treats and a new collar (he's already lost one collar - we've been looking for a collar with a GPS tracking option, more for the collar than for him) and re-train him that he gets treats when he comes when called.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#142 of 478 Old 11-06-2010, 09:19 PM

boots: we got the kids lands end boots and they lasted 2 winters and could go another few. what size is your ds? i could send you a pair we have many sizes here. lol (i am serious about the offer though, let me know his size and i will search thru what we have.)

clay: i am so sorry. your MIL pays for this? that is crazy she should be told so she can get her money back or something.

h

#143 of 478 Old 11-07-2010, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Harry Potter- I agree, the last two movies have left out some vital points, in my opinion. We are going to the Harry Potter world and I hope I am not disappointed.
Oh FUN!!!!!! I hope you're not disappointed too

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Fly by... we're at the place in Hyannis and... it's scary. Half the online reviews are glowing, half are horrible and we are clearly in the "horrible" part of the hotel. The door was actually kicked in! Like, the door is shattered around the deadbolt and then sort of glued back together? The fabric on the couch/bed is ripped, the headboard of the murphy bed is busted, the carpet is just horrible! Ick!
OMG.. first thing I'd do is call the gifting parent and say WTF have you sent us to?!?!?!? UGH, I really hope you guys sort something out hun.. that doesn't sound good OR safe!

Quote:
clay - can you ask for another room?
ask? More like DEMAND another room! That's awful

Hello mamas... been busy this weekend and not online much.. had a big family picnic by the bay as DH's cousin & her hubby/kids are over from western australia. Her hubby& kids have never met any of the family on this side of the country except Mum (she flew over for the wedding so we hung out most of the day by the bay. It was awesome

The 3 littles stayed the night at nans for swim this morning, and I just got in from picking them up and visiting for a while. Been a gorgeous day! Hope all is well with everyone

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#144 of 478 Old 11-07-2010, 09:30 AM

morning... another fly by.

So, this is apparently how a time share "works"... you buy a membership in the company. As a member, you have access to the various properties owned by that company during certain weeks (the type of membership determines the weeks/resorts available). This particular building is the "base property" that our relative bought into many years ago. She has stayed here once or twice but usually she goes to one of the other properties available to her membership level. However, most of the places available during this week are not kid friendly so we selected the "base unit" as the place we'd go. We figured it was close0ish to Boston, the kiddos could see the ocean, etc.

But basically... while my MIL has visited this property, she has never visited this room. And there are no room trades... you get the room you get and can either take it or leave it (if you leave it you don't get your time back btw...). We slept last night on the air mattress I brought (that would be 5 people on a twin air mattress) with DH and I awake watching the door, the sun came up to display a beautiful graveyard view (literally, there is an alley outside the patio door and the other side of the alley is trash bins and a graveyard!), and we will either go to IKEA and then drive back to NY today or see if we can find a really cheap hotel room that is better than this. I dunno. It kind of sucks.

Like I said, my MIL's heart was in the right place, and she couldn't have known what the place would be like (last time she was here was like 5 years ago, and she stayed on the ground floor/parking lot side... we're on the 3rd floor, graveyard side ). But dear god's, DH and I are starting to feel a tad surreal!

Nonny forth!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#145 of 478 Old 11-07-2010, 10:06 AM

Clay-I hope you got some sleep and can at least enjoy the day visiting destinations. *hugs*

#146 of 478 Old 11-07-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I agree with you about not messing with Father Time. Unfortunately, my circumstances are not fun right now with the early waking. I like the dark too. Just need to do something to get it in my head that I don't need to rise 2 1/2 3 hours before dawn.
Quoting myself. Well, I got up at my normal time as of late: 4:45, but that was with the timechange! I'll take it. Much better than 3:45.

Quote:
Well...I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter when I sleep, as long as I get all the sleep I need. So, 8-9 hours, and I don't care if it's 8pm-5am or 10pm-7am. That comes of trying to coordinate M's schedule with DS's school schedule
This is true, and luckily I have been getting enough sleep. I can make peace with rising a bit before 5, but I can't wrap my head around getting up at 3 something. I'm a mess by the end of the day and my kiddos need me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
This time change is going to be awful. With ds waking up at 4:30 as it is now, it'll then be 3:30! Argh!
Oh my...at least I'm dealing with my own body clock and not a child's when I'm still wanting to be asleep. You poor thing. How'd it go today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

Oh how fun! When are you going? Can't wait to read the reviews. I really want to go, but I'm going to hold out til mu kiddos are a little older, or just go with DP and leave the kids with grandma.

I'll have to catch up with the rest later mamas. Have a great Sunday. Hoping for joy and laughter today.

#147 of 478 Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
maia - that author is from... Asheville (really, is there any other place in NC that is hippy/crunchy for living?)
Surprise, surprise

Yes, there are plenty of crunchy people and little oases in NC, but Asheville is the huge crunchy hub. I've heard it called the SanFran of the East
Quote:
what size is your ds? i could send you a pair we have many sizes here. lol (i am serious about the offer though, let me know his size and i will search thru what we have.)
Srsly?? That's so cool of you! I could paypal you money for shipping; it'd probably end up being what I'd pay at the Goodwill anyway, maybe. He's in a 3 (the 3 that's up from a 13/1-- kids' shoe sizes are so weird, IMO) and I doubt he's near a 4 yet, but I'm one of those moms that buys stuff a size up sometimes to grow into

Quote:
clay: i am so sorry. your MIL pays for this? that is crazy she should be told so she can get her money back or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Like I said, my MIL's heart was in the right place, and she couldn't have known what the place would be like (last time she was here was like 5 years ago, and she stayed on the ground floor/parking lot side... we're on the 3rd floor, graveyard side ). But dear god's, DH and I are starting to feel a tad surreal!
Yeah, I'll bet! Been thinking of you; sorry been too busy to actually post back. I kwym about the danger feeling, though; I remember feeling like that with ds before. I remember once ds's father and I used to (before ds) stay in this one creepy motel near where I live now, when it was just a place to visit. It was no big deal at the time, but once I'd had ds, we came out here and DH had gone out to smoke and read, while I lay in the bed in the room, nursing ds to sleep. I was, of course, nakey in the bed. I heard the door open and this totally WAY drunken guy wobbled and wandered into my room!!
I was like OH, s-word!! Who are you and what are you doing in my room? I mean, OMG I was nakey and nursing and all alone with my baby son
Thank the Gods he was just drunk and disoriented and not harmful at all. But MAN, was I freaked.

Quote:
I'm a mess by the end of the day and my kiddos need me.

Quote:
I really want to go, but I'm going to hold out til mu kiddos are a little older, or just go with DP and leave the kids with grandma.
Me, too. I could go with just DS, but no money
I'd LOVE to go by myself

#148 of 478 Old 11-07-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
You poor thing. How'd it go today?
Not as bad as I thought it would be. We shall see how the next couple of mornings go.

#149 of 478 Old 11-07-2010, 05:43 PM

Clay, I hope you figure something out. Are you there "as" your MIL or did she pay extra for you to be there? Because you really should say something, even if you have to say that your MIL isn't there yet because of xyz. We sometimes stay in timeshares through my ILs, so we've done this before.

I have my own complaint about that system. We're waiting to hear whether we have a room up in Nova Scotia, where we had our honeymoon, for next June. But there's no guarantee that we'll have it, so we have to suck it up if it doesn't come through. And we put it in over a month ago, and we're still waiting.

In good news, my DH entered a piece into a juried art show, and was accepted! We're thrilled.

Come ponder with me about food!
#150 of 478 Old 11-07-2010, 06:20 PM

Heyla all... we'ree on our way home to NY. We should pull into our driveway around midnight, so wish us safe driving and "awake" vibes. Torin HATES driving in the dark, and since we drove the 9 hours yesterday and then didn't really sleep... this is going to be a team effort of partner driving, energy drinks, and coffee.

Has anyone seen the movie Identity? That was the time share vibe. We had some fun though... we went to the beach (in the snow and blasting wind) so we could say hello to the autumnal atlantic. Loved it. Amazing energy. And then to IKEA. For more energy. It was fun in a crazy hectic way.

We decided we'd do the drive, mail the keys back with a serious review of the facility, and visit a few of the museums near our home that we haven't been to... well, I've been to them as a kid, but DH has never been and I haven't been in a good 20 years or so. Should be interesting. One is a Museum of the Earth (all dinos, all the time) and another is the Corning Museum of Glass which is very spiffy... outer space stuff, and a mummy, and glass blowing, and all that. Plus inexpensive Corningware and since my MIL also gave me a birthday card with a gift I think I may get some corningware at the outlet... little "ramekin" type things for packing lunch in maybe instead of the plastic tubs. Or maybe I'll make DH take the kiddos for an hour in Corning and I'll get a massage or a posh coffe. Weeeeee!!!!!!!!

OK, time to get back to driving... the sun is setting and it's very Maxfield Parrish. Whom I love, so that's a happy.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page