Need Ideas: Ritual to Transition Us as I Return to Work - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-04-2010, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

My DD is 16 months old and in a week I am starting back at work out of home for the 1st time. I would like to do a simple ritual with her to magically transition us into this new stage, which brings both excitement and grief for both of us. Something to honor our connection, and protect us when we are apart.

If you have done something like this and have any suggestions, please share!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2010, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
This was for a different purpose, but one time I helped my very small children paint on a pot (the pottery kind for growing plants). Then I wrote down my wishes for the next phase of our lifes (and they were old enough to draw pictures) and then we burned the papers, mixed the ashes with soil, and planted a new plant in the pot. It was kind of a "letting our wishes grow" thing.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sometimes during a Blessing way ritual we take some yarn and pass it round the circle. Each woman wraps the yarn once around her wrist and passes it to the next. We are all connected. Then the yarn is cut so each can tie her piece to her wrist. We can be reminded of our connectedness.

Usually this is worn until the baby is born, but mine never makes it that long. Kinda starts to itch LOL

Anyway, you could do the same with your DD. The yarn bracelet can be a short term reminder of your constant connection, no matter where you are.

Rhianna

User Tag List