Have you read (or done) THE PRESENCE PROCESS by Michael Brown? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-26-2010, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

DH brought it home on recommendation from his chiropractor, and I want to be present more than anything, so I'm intrigued, but it asks for a commitment which I don't want to make unless I feel more confident about what he's teaching.  Would love to hear from anyone who's read or followed this book.

-Dancy

#2 of 13 Old 11-27-2010, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Would anyone be interested in going through the process together?  It involves meditating with conscious breathing 15 minutes twice a day - I'm not yet sure I can make that commitment, but I'm still reading the introductory chapters on how it works.  I'm very drawn to it but also unsure whether it's right for me, and whether G-d is calling me to do this right now.  I'm going to check out the website here and post it in a few minutes.

-Dancy

#3 of 13 Old 11-27-2010, 08:11 PM - Thread Starter

THe website is at thepresenceportal.com  

Here's a quote from the beginning of the home page.  I'm still ambivalent after reading the homepage.  I am so drawn to anything that helps me be more awake and present, but there is also some stuff here that seems unreal to me.  I hope someone else checks it out and gives an opinion!

-Dancy

Here's the first quote from the web site:

NO ONE IS COMING TO SAVE US FROM OURSELVES.

We are each endowed with the capacity to be responsible for the quality our experience. However, until consciously impacted with our compassionate awareness, our unintegrated fear, anger, and grief continues to function as the unconscious causal point of our outer disharmony, discomfort, disease, and delusion. By continuing to suppress and sedate our unintegrated emotional condition - and instead allowing ourselves to be emotionally carried and provoked by anyone or anything - we remain a species that is inauthentic, out of integrity, and lacking in the emotional capacity to intimately contain an awareness of what we are or what God is for us. Only by consciously developing our capacity to feel are we delivered beyond this predicament.

#4 of 13 Old 11-27-2010, 09:42 PM

All the below quotes indicate that you are unsure.  This tells me, an outsider, that it isn't time for you to do this or this isn't for you. Let it go and see if you come back to it or if it sinks away from your thoughts as it may.  What is right for you is in your heart. 

There are wonderful rich (and free) resources to help feel the moment and live in the present.  I personally wasn't impressed with the website.  While some of it was ok you are right in that some of it was "unreal."  What is real and unreal is different for everyone but I just wasn't impressed.

To live more in the moment try simply meditating.  If you can't find time than meditate while laying in bed before you fall asleep.  Meditating will help still the mind.  It takes practice but stilling the mind and enjoying the moment is part of being present.  Or try channeling light which will connect you to the higher creator (God/Goddess) and automatically help you live more in the present.  http://www.lightchannels.com/index.html 

Namaste mama and good luck with what you choose. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancianna View Post

Here's a quote from the beginning of the home page.  I'm still ambivalent after reading the homepage.  I am so drawn to anything that helps me be more awake and present, but there is also some stuff here that seems unreal to me. 

Quote:

.  I'm very drawn to it but also unsure whether it's right for me, and whether G-d is calling me to do this right now.  I'm

Quote:

but it asks for a commitment which I don't want to make unless I feel more confident about what he's teaching.

Co-creator, Joyful Wife, and Grateful Mama to angel3.gifenergy.gifand sleepytime.gif
#5 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer75 View Post

All the below quotes indicate that you are unsure.  This tells me, an outsider, that it isn't time for you to do this or this isn't for you. Let it go and see if you come back to it or if it sinks away from your thoughts as it may.  What is right for you is in your heart. 

There are wonderful rich (and free) resources to help feel the moment and live in the present.  I personally wasn't impressed with the website.  While some of it was ok you are right in that some of it was "unreal."  What is real and unreal is different for everyone but I just wasn't impressed.

To live more in the moment try simply meditating.  If you can't find time than meditate while laying in bed before you fall asleep.  Meditating will help still the mind.  It takes practice but stilling the mind and enjoying the moment is part of being present.  Or try channeling light which will connect you to the higher creator (God/Goddess) and automatically help you live more in the present.  http://www.lightchannels.com/index.html

Namaste mama and good luck with what you choose. 

Kimberly, this is a really thoughtful reply - thank you so much.  I think you're right, I'm just not sure what it is about it that draws me so strongly.  I think that whatever that is is what I need to listen to, rather than the author's whole program.

I do struggle to be present every day.  I do have a prayer and meditation practice (although when I do yoga in the a.m. I count that as meditation), but as a person with ADD, meditation is such a struggle!  The best way for me to sustain presence is when I sit with a spiritual direction client and listen to her and to G-d's presence - then I can be present for most of an hour, which is a wonderful experience and I am better for it the rest of the day.

I will look at the light channels website.  Is that something you practice?  Do you fit in a meditation practice with your busy life (when my kids were small I struggled to do it even more than now).  Channeling light reminds me of Qigung, which I found frustrating, and moved to yoga instead, but this may be different - a way to orient one's meditation (obviously, I still need to go look at it).

Thank you again for your thoughtful reply.  It really is sweet to feel heard.

-Dancy

#6 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:

I will look at the light channels website.  Is that something you practice?  Do you fit in a meditation practice with your busy life (when my kids were small I struggled to do it even more than now).  Channeling light reminds me of Qigung, which I found frustrating, and moved to yoga instead, but this may be different - a way to orient one's meditation (obviously, I still need to go look at it).

-Dancy

To further answer your questions:  I am a lightworker.  I have felt my calling to "hold" the light to help humanity awaken to what I call the Creator (G-d, God, Goddess, etc).  This is my personal calling for this time on Earth.  I do indeed do the channeling light exercises featured on that website. But honestly I don't do it everyday and I can't sustain the 7 minutes it calls for.  When I do channel the light using that exercise it opens my mind up to such amazing journeys unrelated to channeling light which is why I can't sustain the 7 minutes.  As far as meditation goes:  I haven't found a way to incorporate it into day time life.  I meditate at night while falling asleep and usually fall asleep during the process.  I know that may be frowned upon by some but it's just how I do it.  :)  I do things my own way though.  LOL. 

For those reading this who didn't look at the website:  to channel light envision an ocean of light above you and envision the light filling you up starting with your crown chakra.  When it fills you up envision the light spreading out of you to Mother Earth eventually enveloping all of Earth.  More details on the website but this is the jist of it.  To do this opens you up to Creator (G-d, goddess, Great Spirit, etc) and the higher consciousness. 

Another simple way to be more in the present is simply putting the intention out there.  First, release what is holding you back with an intention and then invite what you want to replace it.  For me I tend to live in the future with too much planning.  I might say "I release my mind's need to plan and I invite the beautiful feeling of NOW."  Repeat your own intention several times a day.  Words become things and this is a powerful exercise. 

Again, Namaste mama and good luck with what you choose. 

Co-creator, Joyful Wife, and Grateful Mama to angel3.gifenergy.gifand sleepytime.gif
#7 of 13 Old 11-28-2010, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer75 View Post

Quote:

-Dancy

To further answer your questions:  I am a lightworker.  I have felt my calling to "hold" the light to help humanity awaken to what I call the Creator (G-d, God, Goddess, etc).  This is my personal calling for this time on Earth.  I do indeed do the channeling light exercises featured on that website. But honestly I don't do it everyday and I can't sustain the 7 minutes it calls for.  When I do channel the light using that exercise it opens my mind up to such amazing journeys unrelated to channeling light which is why I can't sustain the 7 minutes.  As far as meditation goes:  I haven't found a way to incorporate it into day time life.  I meditate at night while falling asleep and usually fall asleep during the process.  I know that may be frowned upon by some but it's just how I do it.  :)  I do things my own way though.  LOL. 

For those reading this who didn't look at the website:  to channel light envision an ocean of light above you and envision the light filling you up starting with your crown chakra.  When it fills you up envision the light spreading out of you to Mother Earth eventually enveloping all of Earth.  More details on the website but this is the jist of it.  To do this opens you up to Creator (G-d, goddess, Great Spirit, etc) and the higher consciousness. 

Another simple way to be more in the present is simply putting the intention out there.  First, release what is holding you back with an intention and then invite what you want to replace it.  For me I tend to live in the future with too much planning.  I might say "I release my mind's need to plan and I invite the beautiful feeling of NOW."  Repeat your own intention several times a day.  Words become things and this is a powerful exercise. 

Again, Namaste mama and good luck with what you choose. 

Thank you, and Namaste to you too!  smile.gif

p.s. Thanks for the great ideas.

#8 of 13 Old 01-18-2011, 08:13 PM

Hi!

I received the Presence Process in 2006 (just after it was published) and I can honestly say that it changed my life.  I have done the PP once per year for the past five years and it only gets better.  Hoever, it requires a commitment.  If you don't think you can finish it, don't do it.  I have given the book to many of my friends and they all have come to me later and thanked me for the book!  It really does help you become more present, but more than that, it resolves old stuff from your past that may be impacting your present life, work, and relationships.  Perhaps the website is a bit esoteric.  The language may seem strange to you, but if you read the second edition (published June 2010), it is much more clear about the actual process.  Don't worry about the website, just read the book.

The Presence Process journey is not always easy, but I attribute all the best things in my life to doing this work. Being present in the moment means being able to feel what is happening.  For some, this is uncomfortable, which is why they don't want to be present.  I found the love of my life, expanded my business, and have better relationships with friends and family as a result of my dedication to the process.  I believe it has helped me more than anything else.

Again, if you don't think you can commit, don't do it.  For the process to work, you have to follow through.  However, it is a blessing when you do! 

If the book has come across your path, it is worth considering.  The only reason I'm writing this to you is that I was doing a search for Michael Brown lectures and I came across your comment.  I couldn't help but encourage you to go for it!  You will not regret it!

One of my best friends said, "If I had know about the Presence Process years ago, I would have saved thousands of dollars on therapy!"

This process really works.

Best of luck,

J

#9 of 13 Old 01-19-2011, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

I'm glad you came across this and posted.   I did start it after all, and am in the fourth week.  It is clearly helpful for me.  I'm at work right now, but I plan to send a p.m. later and maybe ask a few specific questions.  Thank you very much for posting.

-Dancy

#10 of 13 Old 06-01-2011, 12:07 PM

I bought the 1st version of The Presence Process quite awhile back. I attempted the Process many times and gave up. My Dad sent me the revised version and I started it and am in the 8th week now and it's totally amazing! You must be committed but I am the flakiest person there is and the Process actually helps you to become better able to be consistent! Until you integrate your mental, emotional, and physical aspects you will not know Peace. I downloaded the 3 or 4 'companion' books from the website for free and read them daily with the book before I started the actual 'Process' and found them very helpful! I wish you well in your journey!

#11 of 13 Old 06-01-2011, 12:15 PM

Your friend is so right! But as we know, we start the Presence Process when we are ready to and all the things we learned from LIFE up until then are priceless! I wish you well on your journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebewien View Post

Hi!

I received the Presence Process in 2006 (just after it was published) and I can honestly say that it changed my life.  I have done the PP once per year for the past five years and it only gets better.  Hoever, it requires a commitment.  If you don't think you can finish it, don't do it.  I have given the book to many of my friends and they all have come to me later and thanked me for the book!  It really does help you become more present, but more than that, it resolves old stuff from your past that may be impacting your present life, work, and relationships.  Perhaps the website is a bit esoteric.  The language may seem strange to you, but if you read the second edition (published June 2010), it is much more clear about the actual process.  Don't worry about the website, just read the book.

The Presence Process journey is not always easy, but I attribute all the best things in my life to doing this work. Being present in the moment means being able to feel what is happening.  For some, this is uncomfortable, which is why they don't want to be present.  I found the love of my life, expanded my business, and have better relationships with friends and family as a result of my dedication to the process.  I believe it has helped me more than anything else.

Again, if you don't think you can commit, don't do it.  For the process to work, you have to follow through.  However, it is a blessing when you do! 

If the book has come across your path, it is worth considering.  The only reason I'm writing this to you is that I was doing a search for Michael Brown lectures and I came across your comment.  I couldn't help but encourage you to go for it!  You will not regret it!

One of my best friends said, "If I had know about the Presence Process years ago, I would have saved thousands of dollars on therapy!"

This process really works.

Best of luck,

J

#12 of 13 Old 06-05-2011, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by floweringsoul View Post

I bought the 1st version of The Presence Process quite awhile back. I attempted the Process many times and gave up. My Dad sent me the revised version and I started it and am in the 8th week now and it's totally amazing! You must be committed but I am the flakiest person there is and the Process actually helps you to become better able to be consistent! Until you integrate your mental, emotional, and physical aspects you will not know Peace. I downloaded the 3 or 4 'companion' books from the website for free and read them daily with the book before I started the actual 'Process' and found them very helpful! I wish you well in your journey!

I will check out those books!  I finished my first time through and thought it was wonderful; I still do the meditation in the a.m.s  Integrating old emotions is a challenge for me, though.  I haven't really experienced this in the way he describes.

Neat that your dad is interested in the presence process too!

#13 of 13 Old 11-16-2012, 07:43 AM

I have done the Presence Process ,The only way to know what the PP is about is to journey threw it.That's the point.Your experience with the Process is your experience....
If you have expectations from what someone else tells you their experience is ,you will be looking for an experience that is not your.This is about you,For yourself,with yourself,and by yourself.It is not about "getting somewhere"!It's about a routine "a route inward".There is nothing to DO,TO BE.I recommend the journey if you are commuted to loving yourself.I don't recommend starting the PP,And then stoping half way threw it...The only way out is threw. WarmRegards......D

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page