Is there a Christian chat thread? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know exactly what you are talking about. Ive been praying hard and searching scripture for answers and the more I do the more and more uncomfortable I am with the whole situation. She may pretend that its me and I fear that when I do go, which I will, she will be slating me. The problem goes way deeper then I can really get my head around. Andrea, I personally think its a sign of the times.

I know people who have started home churching and have felt thats where we'd be heading. I look around at the various churches in the area and I dont think I can be a part of those either. Im beginning to be able to accept this. The reasons I resisted it was bc I wanted my kids to be part of a church congregation. When I read books like 1 Thessalonians about how Paul was so thankful for the love of the Thessalonians towards one another... is that evident in any of the churches Ive ever been involved in? Certainly not this one anymore. Are there any churches who will preach the Word of God uncompromisingly... I think that's gone out the window a long time ago. Im beginning to accept this as simply a matter of fact.

#32 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

We shouldn't have to be complacent, though. Would it be possible to get a group of believers together to confront her? And then take it to the elders and request that she be removed? Is there a council that the church itself reports to that you can discuss this with?

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#33 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 02:02 PM

Funnily enough, she ordered us not to 'gossip' about all this. Well about Ronald and Marion 'leaving of their own accord'. The elders who are left, I dont even know who they are. The seem to be rather complacent themselves. I need a cup of tea... Im a little stressed. lol. Ronald and Marion were the main 'elders'. The other main one was a woman called Winnie. She was the treasurer. She's seemed to have left too. Or been bullied out, if I can be blunt about it. Im going to pray about it some more. I think there is no hope for me and my family here. Im going to focus on my family and us growing in Christ, whatever I decide regarding my attendance at this church.

#34 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

I don't consider it gossip to get people together and discuss a serious issue within the church in an effort to fix it. Gossip, to me, is gabbing just for the sake of spreading news.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#35 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 07:49 PM

Genifer, this sounds so hard...hugs.  May the Lord lead you to a group of believers where you can grow in Christ and be built up in love.

DH, and Me plus baby girl (10/07)
#36 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 07:56 PM

I'd love to join!  We're non-demon too.  I can't stay and read right now, but I'll catch up later :)

lady.gifLacey, wife to an emerging author notes.gif,  mama to whistling.gif(6),bikenew.gif(4),  angel1.gif our Angel Faith born to Heaven April 2013 & Expecting our Rainbow Baby #4 July 2014 luxlove.gif 
#37 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 08:02 PM

I found these quotes by Christians.  I didn't know where to put them, but I thought here might be good. 

These folks were sold out!  I mean, wrecked for the Lord.  They didn't care about their 'self' anymore.  What an inspiration to me.  I want to not care about my face anymore, ya know?  I'd like to stop caring so much about what others think of me and just follow the Lord, and speak to people when He wants me to speak. 

Even though I think I am trying to be humble, deep inside are roots of self glory that need to get exposed and chopped out. 

Not trying to get off topic here, just a little interjection because I thought these quotes were eye opening.

Until you have given up your self to Him you will not have a real self... –C.S. Lewis

It is only by a total death to self we can be lost in God. --Jeanne Guyon

All we have—ourselves--to Him, and if that be all, that is enough. --Watchman Nee

DH, and Me plus baby girl (10/07)
#38 of 49 Old 12-15-2010, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Christmas plans???? I feel like to will be here tomorrow.

#39 of 49 Old 12-15-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

I'd like to go to Christmas Eve service, but it starts at 7pm (the kids' bedtime). 

lady.gifLacey, wife to an emerging author notes.gif,  mama to whistling.gif(6),bikenew.gif(4),  angel1.gif our Angel Faith born to Heaven April 2013 & Expecting our Rainbow Baby #4 July 2014 luxlove.gif 
#40 of 49 Old 12-16-2010, 12:41 AM

We always celebrate Christmas with just the five of us, dh, myself and the kids. I dont think Ive ever gone to a christmas service.

#41 of 49 Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidge View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

I'd like to go to Christmas Eve service, but it starts at 7pm (the kids' bedtime). 

That's us, too. Well, my daughter doesn't have a strict bedtime, but I definitely start encouraging sleep around 6:30PM most night. She already has difficulty attending an adult service, and to try to take her when she would be tired would be too much, though my son would probably be fine.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#42 of 49 Old 12-16-2010, 10:14 AM

Christmas Eve was have my family over. We have lot and lots of food! It is nice. Then we all go to bed early. Next morning we see good friends of the family for breakfast. Dinner is at my parents. Then day after is w/IL. I never get to go to church for christmas.

#43 of 49 Old 12-22-2010, 07:58 AM

Hi!

I'd love to join a crunchy Christian chat thread. I have been a believer for 13 years, I currently attend a Messianic Congregation and have for three years.

For Christmas Eve we will be going to Christmas Eve Mass with my in laws, the one time a year we go to Catholic Mass, then go out to dinner. Christmas day we will have dinner with my family.

Punk, hippy, mama to 4 amazing kiddos, Boy#1 (18), TheGirl (13), Boy#2 (11- PBD) and Boy#3 (6)
#44 of 49 Old 12-22-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy Piadosa View Post

Hi!

I'd love to join a crunchy Christian chat thread. I have been a believer for 13 years, I currently attend a Messianic Congregation and have for three years.

For Christmas Eve we will be going to Christmas Eve Mass with my in laws, the one time a year we go to Catholic Mass, then go out to dinner. Christmas day we will have dinner with my family.

Nice to meet you. I miss my Messianic congregation so much. I just did a teaching about Jesus in Chanukkah for a youth group. It was great.

Merry and blessed Christmas everyone! JOY TO THE WORLD THE LORD HAS COME!!!!! YESHUA RULES!!!! 

#45 of 49 Old 12-28-2010, 10:23 AM

cold.gifHow was everyones Christmas? Ours was nice. I hope you gals had the same.

Can we talk about something? Maybe NEW YEARS goals?

This year I going to do a memory verse a week. After being a believer in Jesus for over 30 years I think that it is time.

Also I need to be more humble. I feel like I'm getting to full of myself!

Well hope we can talk?

#46 of 49 Old 04-23-2011, 12:13 AM

hoping this thread can be revived.... have a blessed Resurrection Day weekend everyone.

We're hoping to make it to sunrise service. Everyone keep getting sick and we've not been to church since Jaunary :(

currently dd has a sore throat and sligh cough, btu nothign too bad, and little ds is teething more, so slight fever and very cranky. the big 2 never had problems with their teeth coming in. they just seemed ot pop in overnight with not so much as a whimper.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#47 of 49 Old 04-23-2011, 11:21 AM

I haven't seen this thread come up in awhile! I'll try to help revive it.

We had a seder service last night but I was in the nursery (no other kids but DS were in the baby room with me) so I missed it. I considered just going out there with him but he would have been bored and noisy. DH works on Sunday mornings so we haven't been to church on Sunday morning for a long time (we go on Wednesdays and Fridays). If DS wakes up in time tomorrow, I might try to get us out the door on time for the Easter service.

It's an amazingly beautiful day today so I'm going to get us dressed and go take a walk with the little one! Hopefully it's still nice when DH gets home so we can go on an evening walk together.

E, wife to D, mommy to G (born March 2010). joy.gif

#48 of 49 Old 04-23-2011, 01:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Our church is full of joy!   Liturgy is taken very seriously (not that we are not joyful about liturgy but there is no dancing or shouting or clapping.  It is not the time or the place), but as a church body we are full of joy.  Any time we gather outside of Liturgy or prayer there is much fun and laughter and even dancing.  And of course food.

On the other hand I have been part of a church (for way too long) where people would get hyped up over a good song, clap shout, dance..but there was no joy in that place.  

It is important to remember that joy can be expressed in many ways and a certain expression of joy does not necessarily indicate true joy or happiness or even reality.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

I've seen this in a lot of churches too. Like, praise and worship starts and everything stands out of respect only. No one claps, no one smiles...it's sad to me. I know there are some people that believe that church is supposed to be a serious occasion. Don't get me wrong, it's no joke...but I do believe it's okay to laugh in church! I'm sure Jesus laughed and had FUN with people. I mean, who wants to be around someone that is serious all the time even if he's the Son of God?

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#49 of 49 Old 04-23-2011, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Hey all! Jump over here :http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1291403/crunchy-christian-mamas-in-2011/60#post_16405247

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page