Is there a Christian chat thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 49 Old 11-28-2010, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I see a lot for other religions and whatnot...but none for Christians. Is that too much of a broad term or something?

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 49 Old 11-28-2010, 07:44 PM

Well, if it isn't, I'm here.

Hi! :D

#3 of 49 Old 11-28-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

I see a lot for other religions and whatnot...but none for Christians. Is that too much of a broad term or something?

Yes, probably too broad! That's why there's one for Catholic mamas and another one for us Orthodox and a few others that seem to be for Protestants of various types.

lady.gif
#4 of 49 Old 11-28-2010, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradd View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

Yes, probably too broad! That's why there's one for Catholic mamas and another one for us Orthodox and a few others that seem to be for Protestants of various types.

Well, I didn't want to just start one based on denomination or anything...is Protestant a little better?

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#5 of 49 Old 11-29-2010, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)

There was one but it stopped...maybe two years ago? Well I for one miss it and think that we should start a new one!

#6 of 49 Old 11-29-2010, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

What to call it, though? I don't want to be too specific but not too broad either.

I just felt a bit left out of the chats...everyone else seems to have one!

#7 of 49 Old 11-30-2010, 01:46 PM

I'd love to join. wave.gif

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#8 of 49 Old 11-30-2010, 07:52 PM

I would join one. I don't know that denomination is important... We could probably do a nice broad one and if there is a lot of interest and not enough agreement, maybe split them up into less general chat categories? I was raised nondenominational, but as I've grown my beliefs have sort of become somewhere between Baptist and Pentacostal.

As for what to call it.... I have no idea. "Christian Chat" does seem... lack-luster. But it's pretty to the point, I suppose. And it reaches lots of people.

Bri helpmeet to Chaise mama to K(2/07)  M(3/09) & A(2/11)

#9 of 49 Old 11-30-2010, 11:45 PM

we had a
crunchy Christian
 thread going for quite sometime, and since i don't see it glancing through the first couple of pages i hope it is ok if i post a prayer request for hub n lil ds here. my hub willo be having another knee surgery on thursday am, i will be staying behind to get the big kids off to school after pumping milk for the baby becfore going to the hospital, and he'll likely be finished with surgery before i even get there since he has to be there by 6 am and the kids can't be in school til 8 am (starts at 830 for them).

please join me in prayer for a speedy recovery for him (and a complete one this time) wisdom and Him to guid the dr  as he sees just how much damage is inside and decides on the best remedy, whether it will be a pin or more involved, and for my nerves. i'm feeling very frazzled with a lot going on.

the baby is sick again, running  a fever (i usually just let fevers burn, but he is so miserable i[ve been giving motrin) snoitty, coughing etc. poor lil guy. please pray for this to not be pneumonia, as the np today said it was hard to tell if it was sinus related ort if it was in his lungs

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#10 of 49 Old 12-01-2010, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mods: Can we rename this one? I can't figure out how to do that... "Crunchy Christian Chat 2011" (We'll start it a month early)

#11 of 49 Old 12-01-2010, 11:25 AM

I would join! Crunchy Christian (non-denom) pastor's wife here!

E, wife to D, mommy to G (born March 2010). joy.gif

#12 of 49 Old 12-01-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post

we had a
crunchy Christian
 thread going for quite sometime, and since i don't see it glancing through the first couple of pages i hope it is ok if i post a prayer request for hub n lil ds here. my hub willo be having another knee surgery on thursday am, i will be staying behind to get the big kids off to school after pumping milk for the baby becfore going to the hospital, and he'll likely be finished with surgery before i even get there since he has to be there by 6 am and the kids can't be in school til 8 am (starts at 830 for them).

please join me in prayer for a speedy recovery for him (and a complete one this time) wisdom and Him to guid the dr  as he sees just how much damage is inside and decides on the best remedy, whether it will be a pin or more involved, and for my nerves. i'm feeling very frazzled with a lot going on.

the baby is sick again, running  a fever (i usually just let fevers burn, but he is so miserable i[ve been giving motrin) snoitty, coughing etc. poor lil guy. please pray for this to not be pneumonia, as the np today said it was hard to tell if it was sinus related ort if it was in his lungs

Prayers for your dh and for your baby to feel better.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
#13 of 49 Old 12-01-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post

we had a
crunchy Christian

praying.gif

#14 of 49 Old 12-05-2010, 06:02 PM

updating, everyone is sick now, but praise God, dh's surgery went well and he is already doing a little better walking on it without his crutches than he was doing befor ethe surgery and he doesn't even start physical therapy until tomorrow!

ty 4 the prayers.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#15 of 49 Old 12-06-2010, 10:21 AM

Thank the Lord!!!!

Hey ladies here is a question for you.....Where is the JOY? I feel like the people in church and out are just stick in the muds.

You know what I mean....I want to find the JOYFUL people the ones dancing, laughing, sining, shouting, JOYFUL

Where are they? many be it's some of you gals??????

#16 of 49 Old 12-06-2010, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

Thank the Lord!!!!

Hey ladies here is a question for you.....Where is the JOY? I feel like the people in church and out are just stick in the muds.

You know what I mean....I want to find the JOYFUL people the ones dancing, laughing, sining, shouting, JOYFUL

I've seen this in a lot of churches too. Like, praise and worship starts and everything stands out of respect only. No one claps, no one smiles...it's sad to me. I know there are some people that believe that church is supposed to be a serious occasion. Don't get me wrong, it's no joke...but I do believe it's okay to laugh in church! I'm sure Jesus laughed and had FUN with people. I mean, who wants to be around someone that is serious all the time even if he's the Son of God?

There's even Scripture to support laughter and fun:

Ecclesiastes 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

Psalm 30:11   You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

Psalm 126: 2 Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."

Maybe it's time to find a new church?

#17 of 49 Old 12-06-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

Thank the Lord!!!!

I think it really depends on the church you are in. Maybe you should try a few different churches in your area- there are lots out there that are joyful during worship and even during the sermon!

#18 of 49 Old 12-06-2010, 07:37 PM

I haven't been feeling a lot of joy myself lately... It's the Christmas season and I'm expecting a new baby... But I have been pretty blue. Maybe people just need to be reminded. It's so easy to get caught up and dragged down by everything that is going wrong or is difficult with your life that you forget to just let go and praise God for all the things that are still going right.

#19 of 49 Old 12-07-2010, 05:12 AM

Well I have been looking for a church for the last 2 years......BUT I really I'm not seeing much JOY! from anywhere.

Well I hope to find a church with JOY!

#20 of 49 Old 12-08-2010, 08:59 PM

there is lots of clapping, praising, and dancing etc in our church, it isn't how i grew up though. i was raised in a lutheran church, but am pentecostal now.

little guy and me are still pretty sick. had him at the dr today. on nebs now, since he sound sworse than last week when we were there, and he also has goopy eyes. i can't stop coughing, throat so sore i don't know how i'll do cantata practice tomorrow night. continued prayers please for wellness here.

#21 of 49 Old 12-09-2010, 06:35 AM

Hi.  I'd like to join this thread. 

Nazmum, sorry your struggling with this.  We have a lot of joy, praising, and singing.  I've never seen anyone speaking in tongue or dancing with joy, but we wouldn't be against it if it was Spirit led and their was an interpreter.   We focus on what the scripture says and greatly appreciate all the Christians who have gone before us and have taught us so much.  We believe that since the fall, the Lord has been recovering us back to Himself, back tot he enjoyment of Him, back to the oneness, etc.  There's more, but I have no time.  We have local churches all over the globe although we are not well known. 

My experience with this group of believers is that there is a lot of inner experience with Christ,  a lot of enjoying Christ, and a lot of endeavoring to deny the self, but the way we deny ourself is to enjoy more Christ.  We don't spend our energy debating doctrines with newcomers.  We welcome all and receive all believers regardless of denomination.  We don't have a 'membership' and we don't focus on tithing or make requirements in order to be a 'member'.  If you are a believer, then you are a member of the body of Christ.  Very simple.  We have a group of elders and leading brothers and do not have one single pastor/minister.  The large group meetings are important, but we have found that the home meetings are where we get the most shepherding and building up with others.

I have visited many of the local churches in the US and abroad and I get the same taste every time, just Christ and much enjoyment.

DH, and Me plus baby girl (10/07)
#22 of 49 Old 12-09-2010, 03:34 PM

wave.gifI'll join. I'm a Unitarian Universalist Christian.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#23 of 49 Old 12-09-2010, 04:17 PM

I need some support/ prayers/ to just get stuff off my chest.

DH is a pastor and we've wanted to move and be senior pastors for awhile now. He's in touch with some of the leaders in our network to find a position. It has not been an easy road. The church we helped start in this town just folded because the senior pastor was offered a great position (and the church wasn't growing). We've been planning on moving for almost a year- way before we knew the church would close. Now that the church is closed, we've been trying to find a church to go to in the interim. DH is friends with another pastor in town so we've been going to his church but it doesn't feel like home.

The process for finding a church to pastor is so different from any other kind of job. Normally you would just send out a bunch of resumes to cities you want to live and they would interview you and it'd be done. But with a pastor position we have to make sure the church is a right fit for us and that the board (of 7 to 10 people) all agree on it as well. We've been in a church where the board didn't support the pastors and it was torture (and the reason we moved here).

We have been talking to a church in a town that seems PERFECT to us and what we've learned about the church seems perfect as well. But, they've had our resume for almost six months. They think DH is too young (34 and he's been in ministry for about 14 years- I don't see how that is too young!) We finally told them that we needed an answer by the end of the month. We just don't know what we're going to do next. DH has been working full time in a job that is very mentally draining and hasn't been in full time ministry (because the church here never could support us financially) in almost three years.

It's just been such a test of faith. God has blessed us with health and provided so we can pay our bills but it's still been so stressful. Any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated!

#24 of 49 Old 12-09-2010, 05:50 PM

I want to explian about the whole joy thing. I went to a serivce at a synagogue for chanukkah and they were dancing and singing and well joyfu. It made me miss the joy of my old messianic congretation. I feel like if I could just go back!!!!

As far as finding a church. It is very hard to find a good teacher/pastor. We went to a church for a few weeks and I invited the pastor over for chanukkah and he looked at me like I had 4 heads. But he said he would come. Well chanukkah is over and never came. Never even said he could not come. Well I forgive him. I'm should that he is busy BUT then tell me.

Sorry for venting. The most imporant thing that I looking for is a good Sunday School for my sons. That to is so hard. Well the Lord knows where he wants me.

So please know that I'm find. Just thinking about the fact that we need JOY. JOY to the world the Lord is come, Let earth receve her KING!!!!!

God Bless!!!!

#25 of 49 Old 12-10-2010, 05:12 AM

im subbing. Nothing to add just yet. gonna go back now and read up.

#26 of 49 Old 12-10-2010, 09:43 PM

Emiliie- I am thinking of and praying for you! What an amazing situation... Obviously not "awesome" amazing, but definitely reminds me of Shakespears line "I am amazed and I know not what to say!!!" In regards to age- I wish I could remember the exact verse that would throw some light on what a flimsy excuse that seems to be (wouldn't be so flimsy if he were 24, but gracious! Can't employ a fellow who has less than 20 years experience?!) Anyhow! What I actually wanted to say was that I had a best friend who had a temporary position- as fill in pastor -for what truly was the best church fit for him- supported his somewhat unusual preaching, personality click etc etc. They asked him to stay and things eventually fell apart- maybe exploded would be more accurate! He thankfully escaped/declined. I'm sorry- that does NOT sound helpful, but what I am trying to say is that only God knows where you really should be. Where you will be a blessing. Where you will be blessed. Trust Him. And only He knows what lessons are to be seen/learned/realized during this time of waiting. Be open to them; whether painful, trying or beautiful.... Beauty for ashes. Strength for fear. And don't forget to breathe:) think of each breath as another one of His love letters. Another chance to choose to reside in His joy and peace. With all that said I will add that I have never been in any situation that even closely resembles yours- so what I have said is what came to me as things I would need to be reminded of. If I have been off at all or just plain unhelpful then please do skip right over this post to what God knows you DO need to hear:) again- I will be praying for you and yours
#27 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 04:41 AM

ok I got a situ for ya... It goes a little something like this...Oh and its long...

eta: I copied and pasted this from another christian forum I belong to. I wanted as many perspectives as i could get. Thanx!

Our pastor situation has come to a head for me. Its all so strange. Ive never dealt with a situation like this among christians. I was more then willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, assuming she was under a lot of pressure.

Im trying to think of where to begin with this. I told them yesterday I will not be coming back to that church for the forseeable future. Im going to try to recount events from beginning, the important details (in my eyes) so I can see them outside of my own head. Im not using fake names either, it doesnt matter.

I have been attending this church pretty much on, sometimes off (bc of ill health), for two years. We were baptised there last year, my girls, dh and I, at the harvest service and that was a very special day for us. They had been looking for a pastor since just before I started going there. I had some issues with the church, but they were minor. Mostly to do with not having an in house pastor and actually more to do with the fact that it was a mostly elderly congregation and the worship 'style' was so not what I was used to or preferred. Old hymns that I didnt know. Over the two years I did get to know some of them a little bit, some more then others, but I felt accepted, loved and nurtured, very much so... by most of them, actually all except one. That one woman was a woman closest to my age (in her 40's) who I actually liked. She seemed lovely and she actually was one of the two who baptised me. She never let herself get close to me. She would be very polite and sometimes pray for me but kept her distance. I think I mentioned before that I assumed it was down to work committments. She later revealed to me, in form of an apology, that she thought I was intense and that frightened her. . She is called Ruth.

So over time I become involved with a tiny bible study group with Marion. She was the church secretary and her and her dh did a lot for the church, gave up so much of their lives to keep it running, along with others also, but they were the backbone. Such humble people, I found as I got to know them. We started a bible study with a young single mum, committed christian, but rather young in the faith. She had been a christian for 3 years and had never heard of Joseph. She was also new to this particular church. So we are meeting up and growing and fellowshipping. It was lovely and what I consider true fellowship.

That started in spring of this year. In September they hire a new, rad, dynamic and energetic preacher, Sarah. Her preaching is spot on. Everything is going fine, its quite exciting (not going into whether women should be preachers here. Dont mind discussing it, for learning's sake, but lets deal with everything else first). She had a lot of wonderful ideas for outreach into this community that needs ot hear about the Gospel, about salvation, about Christ. Everyone is excited, including myself.

The first few encounters with Sarah were fine, warm, welcoming. Then one day I noticed something. There were several personal incidents that confused me a little. It started to happen that whenever we were in a social situation that whenever I opened my mouth she would pull this face of disgust. One time during the welcome party at her house, that was the first time I noticed her seeming off with me. I had done nothing to warrant it. I didnt want to bother her, I wanted to give her her distance to settle in but I looked forward to getting to know her. Then there was an incident at a meeting discussing the way forward with the church. She reacted to all my suggestions with a fake grin, like 'Yeah... OK NEXT!' Do you know what I suggested? Everyone was suggesting things like groups for the community and mens groups, youth clubs. I mentioned good hearty bible study. I felt the church needed its foundations fixed and solidified before we plowed on into the community, bc the church had NO way of handling any kind of influx of new believers. I also said I thought it was wonderful how the church kept it going thru some very lean years, dwindling and dying congregation etc. Then she actually pulled that same face of disgust at some of my suggestions. It was so obvious I said 'Look at your face! Whats up with you?!'

One sunday I notice Marion's husband, Ronald, struggling with the computer/projector. He didnt know the words to the new songs and obviously hadnt been taught by the new dynamic pastor, aka, Cool Rev Sarah, how to work the thing. He was just given the song list and had to figure out how to upload the songs, and when to click on the different verses. He was really struggling. I couldnt let him sit there and struggle thru the service when I had done that very job at my last church, so last minute I stepped in and saved the day, lol. He was so thankful and said I was an angel. He is the most lovely, gentle, sweet gentleman I have ever met. So quiet and soft spoken. Ive since learned he wasnt always like that, a real follower and lover of Christ, evidence of what it means to be a changed person thru the power of Christ.

Now, Ronald would sit next to me during the service while I got used to this system. He also picked me up, with Marion, to go to the bible study with Cheryl. I noticed during the services that he seemed frazzled, upset sometimes. He said 'The Lord's challenging all of us with the new things Sarah's doing, but its all good'. Thats how it started out. He never had a bad word to say about her. The whole church was being challenged. Then, when asked how their week was during the ride to bible study, they'd say something like 'Oh... Challenging...' I had NO inkling that it was getting harder to work with Sarah. This was all alongside what was going on between Sarah and I personally.

So one day I just said to Ronald on the way home from bible study 'I sometimes feel like I misunderstand Sarah.'

Ronald said 'Oh!!! You and me both!!!' 'So, its not just me then?'...

No, it wasnt. I watched Ronald and Marion become more and more upset, but not very noticably, only bc I worked so closely with them. We didnt discuss anything, we didnt gossip, I didnt ask anymore questions.

One sunday, shortly after the 'tea' incident (when I asked for a herbal tea and she pulled a face and made a snarky comment to the other tea lady, she also threw the tea bag into the cup, and said 'thats 30pence' I hadnt any change and she said snarky like 'go and buy something then and bring back the change'. it was the christmas fair)...I witnessed something that shocked and upset me. Sarah would often come onto the stage before church started with a face like thunder. She was bossy, 'Where's my mic?!! Who's in charge of the sound!?' ... 'Who's book is this?! It shouldnt be here!!!' all with the face like thunder. Im like I only witnessed it bc I was there early doing the visuals. This sunday she storms onto stage demanding where her mic is. Ronald gets up to get it for her and says in his usual gentle manner, 'Its exactly where you left it.' and hands it to her, turns around to walk off stage. She's very obviously angry about something and is storming around in such a manner that she trips over Ronald's feet, she makes a two fists behind his back and is silently seething. She made like she wanted to grap him and throw him off stage. They both tripped up a bit and she says 'Sorry, sorry' all to his face, when he turns around she seeths off back into her office.

He didnt see that. He only knew she was angry and says to his wife 'Im going home.' They both leave. They have since left the church, their responsibilities. There have been many incidents like this. Ive see how she's treated them and it is SO lacking in christian love its disgusting. I started having a strange feeling, even before this incident. I would walk into church and feel myself well up, but I didnt know why. I can only explain it as spiritual. I started to feel very grieved. After that last incident, directly after that service I went up to Sarah and gave her a big hug and said 'Id like to talk to you.' I said it was about her, not me and that I had witnessed what occured just before the service.

I emailed her during the week and she reluctantly set a date for that thursday.... Which she promptly cancelled saying something very important came up. I found out later that nothing came up at all. So I emailed her. I expressed my concerns but was encouraging as well. She didnt register the encouraging bits. Another thing I noticed was that she was very polite and thankful towards me when my dh came to church with me. It was only when I was alone without him that she treated me like that.

I had done the visuals since Ronald left. Very little contact or input from Sarah, emails ignored and such. Only the basics, what songs we're singing.

So saturday night I ring Ruth bc I needed to get into church early sunday morning. I say Id rather not be up there alone with Sarah bc I dont like communicating with her. I dont like the snarky remarks about the songs should be in there etc. Id rather go thru someone else. So, we get thru the service and it was good. The best nativity service Id been a part of in all my years as a christian. After the service I tell Sarah that it was good, that Id like to give her a hug, but... and she says 'But you're afraid of me and dont want to be alone up here' Virtually word for word what I said to Ruth the night before. I tried to explain how I felt, that I didnt feel comfortable and she said maybe it was the emails, that I was too intense (I did say one thing I shouldnt have, I dont regret saying anything else). But that too was a comment Ruth said to me. I get the feeling they were talking about me behind my back and that made me feel sick. She also said 'Obviously you were friends with Marion and Ronald and have been influenced by them.' Which I havent, and being misunderstood like that is very frustrating. If that were the case, Id have followed suit and left with them! I felt like I was being targeted by Sarah with her attitude and unpleasantness bc of my association with Marion and Ronald.

I made the decision that she would have to find someone else to do the visuals. She had mentioned that morning she had someone else in line to help out. But I get home, talk to Denis about it and he suggests I stop doing it effective immediately. I couldnt do that, but I did get to thinking that I didnt want to do it over Christmas. I wanted a relaxing christmas with my family. I didnt feel like that church was like my family anymore. I went into the evening service, did that, and told Ruth that I wouldnt be doing it anymore.

I start clearing the computer up, Im upset bc I did love the church and the people, I just felt rather hurt and confused. I hear Sarah shout 'Are you serious?!?! RUTH RUTH!!!' I think she's being bossy and bullyish and I just carry on and finish up and go home.

Ruth's mother phoned me this morning saying that Linda (the new church secretary and only piano player/proper musician) was in the middle of a mini stroke when Sarah shouted. Linda had lead the service that evening, but after couldnt remember anything that had gone on beforehand.

I emailed Sarah, a very unintense email saying that in light of the present circumstances I would be willing to do the computer if they needed me to.

Satan is really having a go. I just pray for Linda and the whole situation. That Linda's stroke isnt serious. That there arent any long term damage. I pray that everyone is at peace, calmed down and can see what's going on for what it is. I pray that we are all able to humble ourselves and just get on with the work we need to do.

Now, bc of the stroke Linda had, I felt very bad about quitting on them like that. In fact during the service yesterday evening I started feeling guilty and like I should just do it all and be quiet about how I felt. But during the songs I felt moved, encouraged by God, I think, to go thru with it, strengthened to do it. I hate letting people down, I really do, I went back and forth between not wanting the confrontation to feeling encouarged and strengthened to go thru with it.

By this morning I felt I had done the right thing. All the while I hadnt known Linda had a blinking stroke! I was tempted to feel silly. I have gone back and forth between thinking it was me being overly sensitive, and believing something is just not right here. I dont know if I did the right thing last night. I do know its not as important as what happened after I left. I also feel like there is most definately something wrong with the way Sarah behaves and treats people and I am genuinely concerned that she will drive people away as quickly as she can bring 'em in. I dont like working with people like her. She called me intense! lol. I heard her shouting about something yesterday morning from her office before the service started. Its embarrassing, it shows a basic lack of love, the Main fruit of the Spirit. I guess I cant abide when christians, especially, cant demonstrate a genuine love towards each other. It just seems wrong to me.

I guess Im learning thru this too. I really do pray for Linda and I dont want to make assumptions about what God is doing by allowing all this to continue. I do wonder if its to do with growth. We can blame a lot of it on Satan's active desire to thwart all God wants to achieve but ultimately I believe God IS in control. When His people are moving according to His will satan cant win, even tho he tried and even tho God doesnt always stop him.

Anyway, Im off to pray, that is the first thing I need to do now, the main, maybe only thing I need to do.

Actually, I have a lot to say about what it seems God is accomplishing in me atleast. It all seems so confusing. On the one hand it seems God is strengthening me in some areas, growing me in areas I know have been ignored in recent years down to circumstances, confidence, self esteem; But also humility. I am really humbled by what's happened. I could save face and refuse to help, be stubborn about it, but that would be completely ignorant. Also, the fact that I see something different about Sarah that I personally find hard to ignore, where Ruth and Linda are ... well, very close to her and see something completely different. I see her stomping around, shouting before service, I dont care what I dont know about what's going on behind the scenes! Its just wrong! New congregants arent going to care about what's going on behind the scenes, it all looks very false to hear the pastor shouting about something in her office then come out with that fake smile on her face and preach a 'good sermon'. Ruth and Linda, how they can turn a blind eye to it, is beyond me!

Well, I guess I am in awe and wonder at how God can love a creation like this. Anyway...

#28 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 05:32 AM

Gen- So sorry you are going thou this! Where are the elders of the church? Do they see all of this? I would not give up. First I would speak to the pastor in person. Then I would bring her before the Elders.

I know how hard this is/will be. Jesus is with you. He is your shepard and he wants the best for His sheep. Pray and ask the Lord what he wants you to do. Leaving maynot be what he wants from you. Jesus might want to be the one to stand for what is right.

I pray for Gen Oh Lord that you will guide her in the right path to take in this situation. You OH Lord Jesus know what is happening and you are in control. Please let the church see and act on your behalf.

Yeshua you are great and your name is to be forever praised!!! Amen

#29 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 07:46 AM

Thanks, The elders who hired her and were in place when she started have seen this. She's just about pushed most of them out, into leaving the church. I dont understand either. There is new leadership now. They felt it was the best thing. They were elderly. She treated them horribly. Then lied to the congregation about why one of them was leaving. That was the treasurer. I dont know if you could call it lying really, but she didnt give the real reason, which I found out when I went to the last members meeting. Oh, I deleted her from my fb friends a few weeks ago. I didnt want her knowing anything more about my business then she already knew... She didnt take to that too kindly, took it really personally and felt it was worth bringing up during the members meeting(???)...

Sigh. I will keep praying about it. I decided Ill have to be there during Christmas tho. She wont budge. She's stubborn and just nasty to the one's she doesnt like...

#30 of 49 Old 12-13-2010, 09:15 AM

I don't understand where the body of Messiah is going....Where is the simple word of the Lord Jesus? How did we get to this place where pastor can "get rid" of elders and act like a little child?

Finding a simple Messiah centered church is getting harder and harder. We can only pray.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page