~*~ December Pagan Families Chat~*~ It's Yule/Midsummer!!!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 360 Old 12-05-2010, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post

just popping in to query... are we going to have a virtual solstice party here?  if we are this is what i will wear (though i'd probably not do minty green because it usualyl turns me minty green too).  i think i'd rather do icy blue.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/63094151/emerald-green-winter-solstice-dress

It's a lovely dress.  I do have to wonder who buys (IRL) a $3500 dress? Wowza.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#62 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 05:08 AM

The snow is falling and friends are calling yoohoo! Well, that is kind of what we have planned for the day, treking out in the blowing snow and finishing our pots with friends. Hope the weather clears shortly.

I am having a bit of a problem, nothing mega or even major, but I would really love to stay home on Christmas this year. Usually we travel to my family, which is an hour away and then spend the day and come home in the evening. Even if we give the girls gifts on Yule, we do do Santa, so there are things to do on Xmas morn before traveling. I usually get stressed getting everything ready to go and end up having an IBS episode. :(  I feel guilty not going cause everyone else will be there, though everyone else lives closer than we do. I could go to my family the next day, Sunday and spend all day. Blah....

How is everyone doing?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#63 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View PostThe snow is falling and friends are calling yoohoo! Well, that is kind of what we have planned for the day, treking out in the blowing snow and finishing our pots with friends.

I am having a bit of a problem, nothing mega or even major, but I would really love to stay home on Christmas this year. Usually we travel to my family, which is an hour away and then spend the day and come home in the evening. Even if we give the girls gifts on Yule, we do do Santa, so there are things to do on Xmas morn before traveling. I usually get stressed getting everything ready to go and end up having an IBS episode. :(  I feel guilty not going cause everyone else will be there, though everyone else lives closer than we do. I could go to my family the next day, Sunday and spend all day. Blah....

Finishing our pots with friends? What does this mean? headscratch.gif

I'd stay home, then. Take a poll of your family and see what they'd rather do. If the vote is for going, then maybe you can get all the stuff ready the day before and set it by the door? Like as if they were going to school or something? So you can just run out the door, all ready, instead of scrambling.

I, also, get sometimes tired of always traveling. It's always me. My brother won't go any-damn-where, and my mom is turning 74 and doesn't want to travel as much (though I think she's using her age as an excuse, because she's perfectly capable of climbing ladders and fixing stuff and doing plenty of yard work). One year I just Had It, and we stayed home. But it is kind of lonely, just ds and me. So this year, again we travel...we'll be going to my mom's on 12/23. Her boyfriend will be there, and then the day after Christmas I go to MA again love.gif Mom and C will be having fun with ds for a couple of days orngbiggrin.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#64 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 05:55 AM

I'm so annoyed. DS's school was canceled today because of "treacherous road conditions". Srsly, there is a very slight dusting of snow, and you can see more grass than snow. Urgh.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#65 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 06:25 AM

Morning:)

It's a cold, windy, starting to snow kind of day.  I will be staying inside, keeping the fire going, not even sure if I will get out of my jammies:)   I gave up coffee a while ago, but boy I could use a cup today. 

I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday:)

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#66 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post

Morning:)

It's a cold, windy, starting to snow kind of day.  I will be staying inside, keeping the fire going, not even sure if I will get out of my jammies:)   I gave up coffee a while ago, but boy I could use a cup today. 

I hope everyone has a fantastic Monday:)

Sounds cozy.  I'd share a cup of Joe with ya. smile.gif

Yesterday we trekked up the mountain where there was lots of snow and got our tree. joy.gif  Each year we buy a permit from the forestry service and make a day of it.  The "smaller trees" you can cut look so small compared to the large trees, so it's easier to cut down a 'bigger than you might think' tree.   Sooo...here we are with I'd say a (gulp) 15 foot tree!  hide.gif  We were getting some astonished looks with this thing strapped onto our sedan (I'll try to post pics later).  We have pretty tall ceilings, and it goes right to the top.  DP insisted on using the whole thing after cutting it and lugging it up a steep slope.  Poor guy did it all himself cause I wasn't letting the kids go down where he was, and I wasn't going down to help him and leave the kids.  There were cougar tracks where we were.  So, we sat and sang carols at the top of our lungs to cheer on Dad, and to let the cougar know he/she wouldn't want to mess with these crazy, loud creatures. redface.gif  That was our adventure.  Now the kiddos are busy playing animals under the forest canopy in our living room.  Anyone see Christmas Vacation?  That is us.  Hi.  We are the Griswalds.  lol.gif

Hoping everyone has a smooth transition into the new week with a lovely new moon.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#67 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 08:58 AM

haha i need to watch that movie again....

it is snowing here! big heavy flakes! now it feels like winter.

something is going on and i cant access my subscription list. had to find you gals the old fashioned way. lol.

i have almost all the shopping done. just need some things for DH. i made him a cd of some cool music he likes. and i got him a keychain that beeps when you whistle. but he needs something good. something that shows him i care and do listen. thhe problem is, he never really talks about anything. sigh. i know he wants people to care about his opinions etc but he doesnt ever really say anything.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#68 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 09:13 AM

redveg: what i do is 1 cup oats (steel cut or old fashioned not quick) and 4 cups liquid (like i said i do apple juice/cider) you can add butter, nuts, dried fruit if you want also at this point then cover and set on low for about 8 hours. so like get it ready right before bed. of course it does depend on how hot your slow cooker cooks. 

aeress: i hate being the ones who always have to travel. would it be so bad to just go sunday and spend the day? my biggest issue was/is always the kids wanna stay and play with their stuff and you have to travel and leave all the goodies behind and then they may not be able to play with what they get if it has alot of small pieces at grandma's house. it always crapped my hiney that my parents were totally OK with me packing up my kids and doing the driving (back when we lived in tucson so it was 2 hours one way) but they never did that when i was growing up. grandparents always came to us. you know come to think of it my parents irritate me alot. LOL sorry about that. hahaha well, anyway, you gotta do what works best for your family. maybe like maia said have everything ready the night before and maybe spend an easier going morning and get their a bit later like late morning early afternoon. good luck and try not to stress yourself out too much IBS is such an energy sucker and you must take care of you!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#69 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 09:32 AM

LOL at the bigger than expected tree!  It's so true though... outside and in context trees look a heck of a lot smaller than they do indoors next to the couch.  We use DH as a guide... trees that are significantly taller than he is stay where they are.  I bet it's going to look amazing though!

We're going to decorate our tree as part of our St Lucia celebration (a day early, since Sunday is just easier to deal with).  I'm so excited!  The girls were pointing out trees yesterday and it was hard telling them to wait. 

We nearly had a car accident today though... there isn't that much snow (maybe 6-8 inches), the road is gravelled, there wasn't much wind or anything... but the minivan is a 2 wheel drive vehicle and apparently there really is no way for it to cope with our rural road.  It was a nightmare getting the final distance to the house... I almost pulled into our lower neighbor's drive because we slid back past it so many times.  And our road has a pretty deep "U" shaped valley so we were slipping back towards to valley (which is over a river with no guard rails) and I knew that while I might be able to get us safely back down to the bridge there would be no way to get back up the other side.  So the van would be stuck, in the middle of a very narrow rural road, a 5 minute walk to our house.  WITH the kiddos.  So slipping was not an option.  Argh!  I've never been so freaked out... it took minutes to stop shaking and I don't know what we'll do... this weather is NOTHING compared to later in the season and I HAVE to get the kids out and about.

And... we found out we can't get the care credit for dd1's teeth.  The bill is going to be around 2000 dollars, the critical "must do now" stuff is roughly 1000 or that.  We've gone from doing ok to having serious discussions about bankruptcy in a matter of a week.  And during the holiday season, of course.  I'm going numb.  I sort of bounce between being angry, then bawling my eyes out, then just numb again.  I WILL still see the dr this week, but after that?  No clue.

Steampunk- on a lighter note!  LOL  Lurve me my steampunk!  Some of the steampunk hacks are just beyond spiffy.  The keyboards and guitars of course, but there is actually an entire HOUSE in massachusetts that is being reno'd in a steampunk fashion and all I can say is... droooooool.  :)  Mmmmmmm.  Steamy!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#70 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 09:43 AM

Maia- we made "pinch pots" from clay a few weeks ago and today we glazed them.

Thanks for the advice gals! I think I will approach my Mom this week about it...I know she won't be happy but sometimes I have to take care of my family.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#71 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post

Sounds cozy.  I'd share a cup of Joe with ya. smile.gif

Yesterday we trekked up the mountain where there was lots of snow and got our tree. joy.gif  Each year we buy a permit from the forestry service and make a day of it.  The "smaller trees" you can cut look so small compared to the large trees, so it's easier to cut down a 'bigger than you might think' tree.   Sooo...here we are with I'd say a (gulp) 15 foot tree!  hide.gif  We were getting some astonished looks with this thing strapped onto our sedan (I'll try to post pics later).  We have pretty tall ceilings, and it goes right to the top.  DP insisted on using the whole thing after cutting it and lugging it up a steep slope.  Poor guy did it all himself cause I wasn't letting the kids go down where he was, and I wasn't going down to help him and leave the kids.  There were cougar tracks where we were.  So, we sat and sang carols at the top of our lungs to cheer on Dad, and to let the cougar know he/she wouldn't want to mess with these crazy, loud creatures. redface.gif  That was our adventure.  Now the kiddos are busy playing animals under the forest canopy in our living room.  Anyone see Christmas Vacation?  That is us.  Hi.  We are the Griswalds.  lol.gif

ROTFLMAO.gif  Oh dear.. I love it!!!!  I hope the kids enjoy their temporary forest :)  That's awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post

redveg: what i do is 1 cup oats (steel cut or old fashioned not quick) and 4 cups liquid (like i said i do apple juice/cider) you can add butter, nuts, dried fruit if you want also at this point then cover and set on low for about 8 hours. so like get it ready right before bed. of course it does depend on how hot your slow cooker cooks. 

aeress: i hate being the ones who always have to travel.  

h

Those oats sound YUM!    I used to hate the idea of traveling.. but almost every year we go to another family members house after lunch for a big get together.  Usually whomever has the pool hosts LOL!  What I've found is that yeah, it's a bit stressful getting organized to go, but the kids don't notice.. they have a ball playing with their cousins and having a swim etc.  We ARE lucky in that everyone is within about 45minutes of us though, so no big road trips.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

We nearly had a car accident today though... there isn't that much snow (maybe 6-8 inches), the road is gravelled, there wasn't much wind or anything... but the minivan is a 2 wheel drive vehicle and apparently there really is no way for it to cope with our rural road.  It was a nightmare getting the final distance to the house... I almost pulled into our lower neighbor's drive because we slid back past it so many times.  And our road has a pretty deep "U" shaped valley so we were slipping back towards to valley (which is over a river with no guard rails) and I knew that while I might be able to get us safely back down to the bridge there would be no way to get back up the other side.  So the van would be stuck, in the middle of a very narrow rural road, a 5 minute walk to our house.  WITH the kiddos.  So slipping was not an option.  Argh!  I've never been so freaked out... it took minutes to stop shaking and I don't know what we'll do... this weather is NOTHING compared to later in the season and I HAVE to get the kids out and about.

And... we found out we can't get the care credit for dd1's teeth.  The bill is going to be around 2000 dollars, the critical "must do now" stuff is roughly 1000 or that.  We've gone from doing ok to having serious discussions about bankruptcy in a matter of a week.  And during the holiday season, of course.  I'm going numb.  I sort of bounce between being angry, then bawling my eyes out, then just numb again.  I WILL still see the dr this week, but after that?  No clue.

Steampunk- on a lighter note!  LOL  Lurve me my steampunk!  Some of the steampunk hacks are just beyond spiffy.  The keyboards and guitars of course, but there is actually an entire HOUSE in massachusetts that is being reno'd in a steampunk fashion and all I can say is... droooooool.  :)  Mmmmmmm.  Steamy!

Oh my... so are you going to be parking the mini van for the winter???  I'm guessing you have tire chains or snow tires or something already?  That'd scare the beejeezuz out of me!   And WHY can't you get the care credit.. that's just awful!   I really hope that the universe drops a way to make it all happen in your lap hun! 

Nothing exciting here today... doing some house cleaning, building an ark.. doing laundry.  It's been raining for well over a week now, nd will not stop.    If you step in our backyard water literally *shoots* up from the ground where you step!  It's THAT sogged!!!!     I am losing it with the boys being stuck in the house... they go play on the veranda which is good, but otherwise we are all stir crazy.  They painted some beautiful masterpeices out there yesterday modifiedartist.gif

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#72 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View PostAnyone see Christmas Vacation?  That is us.  Hi.  We are the Griswalds. 

lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Postbut there is actually an entire HOUSE in massachusetts that is being reno'd in a steampunk fashion and all I can say is... droooooool.  :)  Mmmmmmm.  Steamy!

Post linky! Or pix. Or something *drool* Hey Clay, hugs, mama. HUGE hugs. Why in the world can't you get Care Credit?? Even I can get that. That's just not OK at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View PostMaia- we made "pinch pots" from clay a few weeks ago and today we glazed them.

OK, that makes a lot more sense. I must have missed a post somewhere!

M got back to a doctor and got back on scripts for Lithium and some other drug that he really needs to be on joy.gifSo hopefully his moods will stabilize better. He even said (but honestly I'm not holding my breath) that one of them is supposed to make him not want to isolate so much and he's glad because he really wants to get to meetings bigeyes.gif Honestly I did not say anything! I have been hushing about with the meetings!

So he's supposed to go pick up the scripts tomorrow fingersx.gif

I see the smileys got rearranged again. I can't wait till they have actual categories like they did before.

#73 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

testing... mdc is saying i don't have permission to reply to this thread and the hcg one :S

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#74 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

testing... mdc is saying i don't have permission to reply to this thread and the hcg one :S

#75 of 360 Old 12-06-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
it always crapped my hiney

ROTFLMAO.gif

That made my day!

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#76 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 07:32 AM

treehugger.gif

Thank you for the hug.gif and candle.gif.

Valérie   
#77 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:

Nothing exciting here today... doing some house cleaning, building an ark.. doing laundry.  It's been raining for well over a week now, nd will not stop.  

This made me laugh.  Are you planning for The Flood? duck.gif

Quote:

Poo!  Hope it's worked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

LOL at the bigger than expected tree!  It's so true though... outside and in context trees look a heck of a lot smaller than they do indoors next to the couch.  We use DH as a guide... trees that are significantly taller than he is stay where they are.  I bet it's going to look amazing though!

We're going to decorate our tree as part of our St Lucia celebration (a day early, since Sunday is just easier to deal with).  I'm so excited!  The girls were pointing out trees yesterday and it was hard telling them to wait. 

I really will post pics of the tree in our house soon I promise.  It's kind of ridiculous.  OK, not 'kind of' but oh well.  I need to download the pics from the camera.

Clay- sorry about the financial woes.  I too wonder why you can't get care credit. :(  They've got to help families make it work.  Geez!  I don't get it with dentists.  It is SO expensive now.  Even for basic stuff, and they act like it's so normal.  I just don't see how the average American family can drop a few grand each year at the dentist!  We have dental coverage, but still end up paying 1-2 grand a year.  We have an overdue bill for DP right now actually.  Money is such a big stresser for me.  I'm sorry you're in it too.

Okey Dokey.  I gotta get a movin'.  Hang in there everyone. grouphug.gif

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#78 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 08:45 AM

bluets, yule fete: YES! i want THIS dress, please. re: october-- i'll look into the prices, and talk to dh.... fall is, unfortunately, the hardest time for us to travel. 

orange slices-- i used the recipe on MS. but basically, slice them thin, pop them on parchment paper, oven on 200.... i think she said 2 1/2 hours, but i turned them every 30 min, watching them to see.... mine were not even, and some burned while some were still soft. it turned out wonderfully, though. i'll come back and post a pic. :-)

ktg, depending on where you are, i so could have rec'ed some places for coffee! hope you're having a blast. say hi to the beach for me. :-)

FR, yay for big trees. i miss cutting our own. i've been thinking this year i'll buy a tree i want for the garden, and decorate it with orange slices (can you do something with cranberries, too? i've always wanted to....)... maybe a pomegranate tree. :-) or an orange tree, lol! 

maia, hugs for you and m! sounds hopeful. xoxox

hugs, clay. since you skipped over my FE suggestions i'm guessing they just dont resonate with you, but until you flat out tell me to shut it, you hate flowers, i'm going to keep suggesting them..... ;-) (with love, of course!) along the lines of RR, the FES "flourish" blends are easy, inexpensive, and would at the very least help you take the edge off some of the crazyness.... this one might help "boost" your healing journey. and this one, help to deal with driving stress. they also make a RR-like one, that's supposedly more potent than the regular RR. there's also one for depression

speaking of flowers, i had a beautiful experience with one this weekend, posted about it in the homepathy/FE thread... basically, i drew the druid plant card for the flower i was working with. <<luve!>> 

i planted my "winter color" annuals this weekend.... stock, delphs, pansies... all in creamy white/primrose yellows. yum. 

dh's family does "stockings" on st nick's night (the 5th), so the house already has that holiday crazyness feeling...... it took me a while to pick up the wrapping paper, because the dog loves it so much. heehee. but it's nice to have that energy here already. ahhhhh. 

i'm working on an embrodered pillow for me. i ought to be working on gifties for the kiddos, but i'm stalling. oh!

i need recs for card-type games (not regular playing cards, but like a box you would buy) for kiddos young and kiddos older (there's an almost-teen in the family, and we've been warned Nothing is Cool Enough for him..... mom wants to give "games" to everyone this year, and i'm supposed to do her research. i'm stumped. thoughts?

i really want to bake. want the smell of something yummy in the house........ hmmmm. maybe pumpkin molasses tea bread.

hope everyone's having a bright and blissful week!

xoxoxoxoxo

#79 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

i need recs for card-type games (not regular playing cards, but like a box you would buy) for kiddos young and kiddos older (there's an almost-teen in the family, and we've been warned Nothing is Cool Enough for him..... mom wants to give "games" to everyone this year, and i'm supposed to do her research. i'm stumped. thoughts?

i really want to bake. want the smell of something yummy in the house........ hmmmm. maybe pumpkin molasses tea bread.

Uno!  That's the favorite in our house right now - I never thought I'd get sick of it until now.  Another FAST-PACED card game is something called "Dutch Blitz".   And the kids will be better and faster than the adults once they get the hang of it.  Rosie Hippo has great cooperative-style board games too.

Pumpkin... CHEESECAKE.  HerbMentor News 60: Pumpkin Cheesecake

Lookie... Lunch time!  And my afternoon meeting was canceled.  Sweet.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#80 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 09:31 AM

yum. i want to make pumpkin flan this year. yum.

i forgot we can post pics.... let's see..... orange wreath:

orangewreath.jpg

bluets and LionessMom like this.
#81 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 10:01 AM

that is WONDERFUL!!! i love it! and thanks for the flower ideas. i was just gonna come post about what to plant here in the SW in winterish. 

i have to say i am a bit melancholy about not having real winter weather here. i mean i LOVE that the kids can be out pretty much all day and night if they wanted too, but it is almost 80 here. and every freakin' show has snow. it was nice and coolish for t-day and now it is all warm again. 

maybe working in the garden will help.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#82 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 10:05 AM

Ooooh...pretty Aweyn. :)

#83 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 10:12 AM

thankee!

h~ delphs will bloom now thru april, but probably wont over-summer (unless you pull them and put them in the shade, lol). stock does well from now til about then, too, i think. pansies might last even longer, unless it gets in the 90s much before then. primroses will be ok for a while, but not as long, and they need shade. snaps will do well now thru april or so, too. and of course, petunias, geraniums, and all those do well too, but imo, they're too summery. ;-) i admit, i've been enjoying the warmpth. but, since i swim outside each day, i like it to be warmer. i've been wearing leggings and tunics and scarves (and flippies, of course)... and i'm ok with it, but i've never been huge on snow. i will watch the mountains each day, though, and as soon as they've got a dusting, we'll head up. any chance you will make it down to go to mt l for snow? i'll pm you my cell just in case.....

:-)

#84 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 10:17 AM

My boy and I are working on our citrus slices right now. love.gif This will be our 3rd year doing a dried orange slice tree.  I think they're beautiful.  Also 1.) it's an expensive way to fill out a tree 2.) they're made with fresh energy every year, and 3.) Like Maia said, they look like stained glass with the lights around them.

I love the recommendation of adding different citrus, so we're trying it this year.  I'm sorry I don't remember whose idea that was (bluets?), but the limes, lemons, tangerines and oranges are drying out.  Thanks for the idea!

#85 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:

that is WONDERFUL!!! i love it! and thanks for the flower ideas. i was just gonna come post about what to plant here in the SW in winterish. 

i have to say i am a bit melancholy about not having real winter weather here. i mean i LOVE that the kids can be out pretty much all day and night if they wanted too, but it is almost 80 here. and every freakin' show has snow. it was nice and coolish for t-day and now it is all warm again. 

maybe working in the garden will help.

h

not a show, but some tunes.  get your hands on Ottmar Liebert's Christmas in Santa Fe CD.  It will give you a new perspective on these seasonal tunes.

#86 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 11:48 AM

okie... third time to post today because i keep forgetting to post this link:

http://www.goddessguidebook.com/50-ways-to-feel-like-a-goddess/

enjoy.  oh, and Leonie (the goddess blog post author above) had such a rough transition to motherhood that she originally wanted to call 2010: The Year That Sucked Giant Panda Balls but instead is calling it "The Year of Radical Change"  (Goddess Circle Miracles #2: With The Most Magical Unicorn On The Planet!)

but of course her site isn't loading at the moment :/

#87 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post

okie... third time to post today because i keep forgetting to post this link:

http://www.goddessguidebook.com/50-ways-to-feel-like-a-goddess/

enjoy.  oh, and Leonie (the goddess blog post author above) had such a rough transition to motherhood that she originally wanted to call 2010: The Year That Sucked Giant Panda Balls but instead is calling it "The Year of Radical Change"  (Goddess Circle Miracles #2: With The Most Magical Unicorn On The Planet!)

but of course her site isn't loading at the moment :/

Brief popping in and such... hugs to everyone and Clay my heart is out there for you right now.

Bluets - I love Leonie and even more now for her acurate naming of 2010!  I love her site and hopefully for the holidays get to order some items from it!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#88 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Postmaia, hugs for you and m! sounds hopeful. xoxox

Thanks! He took his first dose today around 2:30-3:00, and was out like a light while I was on the phone with him. It's one of the side effects, which is why it's recommended to take before bed, but he wanted to make sure if he got whalloped by the med. he'd be able to be bright eyed and bushy-tailed for work tomorrow. I just tried to call (3hrs later) and no answer. I think he fell asleep with the phone on! So it might need to charge when he wakes up. Which I hope is before tomorrow morning, but might not be! His one med is a beast of a med. The Wiki page scares me a bit. I don't know what the other one is but it's a Lithium of some sort.

Card games: do they need to be one-for-all, or individual? Because I'm thinking Magic The Gathering, for a pre-teen. You can get him a starter set and he can figure it out on his own. It's very popular with all ages from 7-100, far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

yum. i want to make pumpkin flan this year. yum.

i forgot we can post pics.... let's see..... orange wreath:

orangewreath.jpg

That is just gorgeous!! Nice job, keedo. How did you post the pic?

Oh, and your dress-- to die for. I think I might go in this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/58037833/steampunk-vampire-gothic-lolita-black only with a bright red underlay. Or  maybe this: http://www.mysticcrypt.com/dark-star-black-and-red-satin-velvet-lace-gothic-mini-dress-p-492.html

I'm all about red and black this year, for some reason...and of course my gothy self has to come out mischievous.gif

My hair's lighter, now, though; I found Sun-In at the poor store. I used to use it when I was a teen and I thought I'd lighten my hair for fun since it was blonde when I was a kid. I had it white when I was playing drums and now it's natural, but it's way darker. Well, it WAS natural till I Sun-In'ed it.

#89 of 360 Old 12-07-2010, 05:48 PM

LURVE the wreath!  I have some orange slices drying on the stove... I hope they come out as well!

Bluets- I must have missed the FE post... they do resonate (and the pulsatilla may be helping!) but I'm going to wait till after my appointment on Friday to add more things.  We've all come down with headcolds (of course LOL) so I'm focusing on that, sipping a hot toddy, and hoping that Friday is a productive appointment.

Steampunk house- Go grab a towel or a mop or something, cause drool is on the way!  http://www.onlinepropertyshowcase.com/showcase/10328/

Nifty stuff- DH came up with a fun cleaner the other day and I used it on the floor this afternoon... basically hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil, grapefruit seed extract, and a little Dr B's peppermint soap.  Mix it up in a spray bottle, spray, and enjoy the fizz!  The kiddos and I "mopped" the floor with towels on our feet and the scent was good for clearing stuffed noses/soothing headaches.  DH actually put it together to try and control the mildew/mold that forms on the window sills during the winter (condensation ick) and it works well for that too.  :)

Care credit- not sure why the ding, Dh is going to talk with the dentist about a payment plan.  Also, it looks like maybe we can get some of the cost back through DH's insurance program.  Send us luck!

holiday decore- I've been making stockigns out of felt.  I'm hoping to finish tomorrow... I'll post pics when they're done.  I think they're pretty nifty though.  And I made a door wreath from some pine branches I gathered in the woods.  Yay for thrifty!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#90 of 360 Old 12-08-2010, 05:38 AM

Clay- i lurve the stove!!! how cool would it be to have a sove like that?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page