~*~ December Pagan Families Chat~*~ It's Yule/Midsummer!!!!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 360 Old 12-20-2010, 05:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post Maia- Yay!

OK, what did I say? What yay? lol.gif

The bean dip thing-- that SO works. With everybody. For any topic! It's amazing! Deflect and distract, that's my MO winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View PostI now have to share some news... I GOT THE JOB!  joy.gif  My orientation is Jan 12 (paid all day yay) and the person who interviewed me (and will be my immediate supervisor) will be getting in contact with me soon to discuss shift times etc and HR didn't seem to think only doing the morning end of the shift would be an issue during the week :)

Cari, that's so awesome, YAY!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Um...what will you be doing, again? redface.gif

Who's getting up for the eclipse? I hope to see at least something. Live. Just so I can say I saw it.

Happy Solstice, everybody! I have to stuff a stocking, get ds up at 2:30-ish to watch the eclipse, deflect him from said stocking till morning, talk to M at our usual 4:30ish, get up for Sunrise at 7ish, do our Solstice-morning-thingy while getting ds ready for his last day of school before break, and then jam on getting the car packed for our trip to my mom's. We will leave Wednesday if I get it all together in time. If not, then Thursday. I have to put the bike on top of the car, finish packing my stuff (two bags, one for M's and one for Mom's), pack the car with our gear and the presents, and also ds's target (which is huge), bow, arrows, baseball stuff, skateboard gear...it's going to be amusing to see where to fit stuff that we get for Christmas.

Yikes. I'm tired just thinking about it.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#242 of 360 Old 12-20-2010, 09:28 PM

cari: that is GREAT NEWS!!!

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#243 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
 I know what you mean about friends moving... I was a military wife for 13yrs and got very used to it :(  Now, I live here in Oz and my best friend for half of my life is in Oregon.  I Miss her something shockin... I told her she has always got free tropical accomodation should they require a holiday!

I now have to share some news... I GOT THE JOB!  joy.gif  My orientation is Jan 12 (paid all day yay) and the person who interviewed me (and will be my immediate supervisor) will be getting in contact with me soon to discuss shift times etc and HR didn't seem to think only doing the morning end of the shift would be an issue during the week :)

First, What great news.  Congrats on the job!  I am so happy for you.

Friends moving, I am the friend that moved and it stinks!  5 years I have been here and I am ready to move a bit closer to home.  I wouldn't mind being driving distance say around 12 hours or so away.  that way when there is a long weekend I can jump in the car and go.  There are a few things about my moving that I regret, but none as much as missing my friend.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#244 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 05:57 AM

Congratulations Cari!

DH is finally feeling better, and his lung x-ray came back clear. Unfortunately, we ate some Chinese food that is just not agreeing with either of us. I'm hoping it's a fluke for that place, as we've never had anything bad before, but ugh.

I'm headed to work for a holiday party, and hopefully I can get a letter with my pay rate while there. I'm trying to apply for state health insurance, and they need my last 4 paystubs (and all I have is the last 3. Ugh.)

but a Blessed Yule/Litha to us all!

Come ponder with me about food!
#245 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 06:03 AM

Happy Solstice!! Merry Yule!!!

wow great news cari!

maia- i got tired just listening to that.

i dont know what is going on with me. i have been nauseas/puking for 2 weeks now and all preg tests come back neg. i dont know what else could be causing it but now i got this wierd pain in my side i have never had before. so i going to the doc again. i hope i dont have appendicitis or something.

DH wanted to spend the holidays at home but we got suckered into going to his family's xmas eve. a 3 hour drive one way. then to my dad's on xmas (only 15 min drive though) and then my mom's the day after xmas. to top it all off this year is the year dsd'd mom gets her the whole weekend. DH is bummed. he wanted just one day with nowhere to go. we would have celebrated today but he had to work. this is the first year he was open to it. maybe next year. i would have kept the kids home from school on purpose and everything.

tried to see the eclipse. was too cloudy. it snowed and now school is delayed.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#246 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 06:16 AM

Lioness- which side has the pain? could it be your gal bladder?

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#247 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 06:29 AM

Happy, Blessed Solstice, everybody!! coolshine.gifjoy.gif

Set the alarm for 2:30am, got up and went outside, but it was cloudy, so no eclipse for me greensad.gif BUT we had a nice Solstice morning, while cloudy and rather bleak, weather-wise. DS and I opened stockings. He got me a small votive and a room-freshener from Yankee Candle, and some other things, including a beautiful tiger-eye crystal and a quartz point. I got him a little league DS-game and some things for travel, including holiday tic-tacs and a hairbrush and one of those little round Coke bottles. And some jelly-bellies. We threw Sun-bread up to the Sun anyway, hoping He would peek out just for a moment, but he did not. DS thinks He's never coming out again since He didn't peek out at His Birth-day! Aww! (He knows the Sun really will come back out-- but it was so cute, poor little guy).

I go back to the dentist this afternoon to see how my surgery is healing. I might have the stitches out? Dunno. That makes me nervous. What if it rips open again while I'm away? M thinks I'm being silly and too nervous about these kinds of things and he says I'll be just fine. I hope he's right.

Got the bike on the car. Got the cookies off and mailed, one to M and one to his brother. $5 and $7 respectively-- for parcel post!!! yikes2.gif The packages themselves probably aren't worth a dollar! Ye Gods. Postage is ridiculous.

Got the prescription picked up.

Now to pack the rest of the car before it really rains.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#248 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 09:38 AM

Cari- Woohoo!

Lioness- Hope you get some answers soon.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#249 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

i dont know where the gall bladder is. but the twinges are on my right side. i have a bad headache, all day nausea, mood SWINGS, and the only thing that makes my stomach feel better is chicken or beef. no liquids or anything. no sauce etc. i am convinced i am pregnant and going back for another blood test. if it is still neg then i am going to have her send me to the hosp for a us to see if there is a cyst or something else. i should get the results back tomorrow or the day after.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#250 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

i dont know where the gall bladder is. but the twinges are on my right side. i have a bad headache, all day nausea, mood SWINGS, and the only thing that makes my stomach feel better is chicken or beef. no liquids or anything. no sauce etc. i am convinced i am pregnant and going back for another blood test. if it is still neg then i am going to have her send me to the hosp for a us to see if there is a cyst or something else. i should get the results back tomorrow or the day after.

gall bladder sits nicely under your right rib cage.  if you suck in your breath, take your right hand, and grab your lower-middle portion of the ribs, then exhale, your gallbladder will drop onto your finger tips.    if it is inflamed, it will hurt.

i would ask your MD to look at liver enzymes.  with gallbladder pain and elevated liver enzymes, i'd be suspecting gluten intolerance (for which there is no test except elimination unless you go through Enterolabs and get their genetic testing).  try supplementing with dandelion tincture (it is ok in pregnancy) - it will support your liver function.  i'd also try taking a lipase enzyme (Enzymedica's LipoGold, i think? is good). i'd also be doing a gluten- and casein-elimination diet.  but that's just me.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#251 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 04:17 PM

dh got me the kitchen tarot for yule! <3 i took the deck shuffled it and thought "what should i be doing" and i got colander..."...trust your inner voice rather than pay homage to someone else' orders. Uncork your belief in yourself" key words/phrases: trust in the universe, expect the unexpected, time to wash away past disappointments. "life is an adventure to be enjoyed."! LOVE IT!!! 

been an interesting day. lots of emotional ups and downs with the kids. up to late last night, up to early this morning, too much sugar in the AM and all the presents. good night the afternoon was hard... BUT we had a great dinner and the kids are finally seeming to settle down. maybe we can get them all to bed early tonite and dh and i can have some mommy daddy time. lol

didn't get to see much of the moon last night alot of cloud cover. but what i did see was very cool. :) i finally hit the hay around 1:30 am.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#252 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View PostI now have to share some news... I GOT THE JOB!  joy.gif  My orientation is Jan 12 (paid all day yay) and the person who interviewed me (and will be my immediate supervisor) will be getting in contact with me soon to discuss shift times etc and HR didn't seem to think only doing the morning end of the shift would be an issue during the week :)

Cari, that's so awesome, YAY!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Um...what will you be doing, again? redface.gif

Who's getting up for the eclipse? I hope to see at least something. Live. Just so I can say I saw it. 

The job is as a mobile carer with a large disability services organization :)  I've worked for them before actually, but had to leave when DH got relocated for work years ago.  I'll be on the night shift as the person that clients/families/care workers call if they need assistance or if someone isn't coming for a shift I'll either find a fill in or take the shift over myself etc.

Yes, we saw the eclipse :D  It was complete before the moon rose completely here though, so there was a slivver at the bottom of the moon that was coming out of the shadow already.  But the kids still thought it was very cool... we stayed out there for ages getting bitten by midgies so they could watch :P

Quote:

wow great news cari!

maia- i got tired just listening to that.

i dont know what is going on with me. i have been nauseas/puking for 2 weeks now and all preg tests come back neg. i dont know what else could be causing it but now i got this wierd pain in my side i have never had before. so i going to the doc again. i hope i dont have appendicitis or something.

DH wanted to spend the holidays at home but we got suckered into going to his family's xmas eve. a 3 hour drive one way. then to my dad's on xmas (only 15 min drive though) and then my mom's the day after xmas. to top it all off this year is the year dsd'd mom gets her the whole weekend. DH is bummed. he wanted just one day with nowhere to go. we would have celebrated today but he had to work. this is the first year he was open to it. maybe next year. i would have kept the kids home from school on purpose and everything.

tried to see the eclipse. was too cloudy. it snowed and now school is delayed.

Ty!  I'm excited to go back to work :)    I'd be having my appendix checked, even though 2weeks is a bit long for it to act up without getting very severe, it IS possible.  Hope you manage to get a bit of relief to enjoy the day!

Quote:

I'm doubtful that it's gall bladder as the pain from that tends to be 'referred', so you feel it somewhere other than where the gall bladder is.  But there's a good site for info to help you sort it out.  *typical* gall bladder pain tends to be up under your rib cage in a 'band' around your very upper abdomen, but that can vary a bit, that's just it's 'favourite' spot to show up apparently.  I've dealt with that pain off & on for years so I hope that's NOT what it is.. it sucks :(  If it's gall bladder the symptoms usually flare up after you eat anything fatty... even avocado, which sets mine off like a time bomb :S    So maybe take note of what you eat that seems to make it worse today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post

dh got me the kitchen tarot for yule! <3 i took the deck shuffled it and thought "what should i be doing" and i got colander..."...trust your inner voice rather than pay homage to someone else' orders. Uncork your belief in yourself" key words/phrases: trust in the universe, expect the unexpected, time to wash away past disappointments. "life is an adventure to be enjoyed."! LOVE IT!!! 

Hehehe excellent!!!! 

I talked to DH, who has a light day at work today, and we're putting off one of the xmas presents we planned for the boys until Lucas' birthday next month.  I feel like I've over done it AGAIN lol... Not sure how, as $ has been tight, but I've spent more money than I thought i had to spend!?!?!   Granted I did do lay away for a bunch of stuff, and I had a couple of smaller shopping trips .. but it sure did add up.  So we'll save that one for next month, otherwise we'd have no cool birthday present!

Speaking of presents... the book my MIL has wrapped for me is SCREAMING my name from the closet *SIGH*  lol... (it's one that was released last month and I planned to get... but she told me not to buy it, so I knew she got it for xmas for me lol  EVIL CRUEL WOMAN! lol)

Must hit the post office, the bank, and I think I'll hit the new massage clinic/shop at the mall and get DH a gift certificate for a serious shoulder massage  :)  He'd enjoy that for sure.  Might do the big grocery shop tonight too... the closer it gets to the 25th, the less I want to go near the shops lol.

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#253 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 PM

happy solstice everyone!!!  Just got done with dinner & family ritual.  This was a first for us so I think it when very well!  Everyone got up and we call the directions and then lit candles and to top it off - DH busted out a little "Happy birthday to you" at the endlol.gif

In true _ktg_ family fashion - we are late with our cards (holiday and yule!)  so please do not fret as I hope to get those out tomorrow - ay yi yi goddess its been complicated. First lack of cards, then we ran out of ink for the printer, and now... no stamps.  I swear its like a bad holiday country song winky.gif

Cari - congrats on the job

Mof3 that deck sounds delightful ... mmm I wonder if I can twist DH's arm to get one

LM - I hope you are feeling better and its nothing to serious - we have headcolds and da croupe here. 

Sending out my love and light to you all!!! joy.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#254 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post

gall bladder sits nicely under your right rib cage.  if you suck in your breath, take your right hand, and grab your lower-middle portion of the ribs, then exhale, your gallbladder will drop onto your finger tips.    if it is inflamed, it will hurt.

i would ask your MD to look at liver enzymes.  with gallbladder pain and elevated liver enzymes, i'd be suspecting gluten intolerance (for which there is no test except elimination unless you go through Enterolabs and get their genetic testing).  try supplementing with dandelion tincture (it is ok in pregnancy) - it will support your liver function.  i'd also try taking a lipase enzyme (Enzymedica's LipoGold, i think? is good). i'd also be doing a gluten- and casein-elimination diet.  but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOzView Post

I'm doubtful that it's gall bladder as the pain from that tends to be 'referred', so you feel it somewhere other than where the gall bladder is.  But there's a good site for info to help you sort it out.  *typical* gall bladder pain tends to be up under your rib cage in a 'band' around your very upper abdomen, but that can vary a bit, that's just it's 'favourite' spot to show up apparently.  I've dealt with that pain off & on for years so I hope that's NOT what it is.. it sucks :(  If it's gall bladder the symptoms usually flare up after you eat anything fatty... even avocado, which sets mine off like a time bomb :S    So maybe take note of what you eat that seems to make it worse today?

this pain is defintely down low where my ovary and tube wouuld be... or a round ligament......

i already cut out dairy. working on sugar and grains next.

i have the worst headache ever. it feels sinusy but i can breathe just fine. it does not feel migrainy but there is pressure there and it pulses when i bend over. i hope it is just inflamed and the vaporizer will help calm it.

i went to the doc today and showed her my chart and told her what was going on. she took more blood for preg test and said if neg that she will send me for a us to see if there is a cyst or something.

#255 of 360 Old 12-21-2010, 07:05 PM

Happy Solstice! My dear friend got me my first Pentacle! Its awesome!500
onlyAngil likes this.

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
#256 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 04:07 AM

What a beautiful pentacle!

#257 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 04:31 AM

I know! I almost cried when I saw it! I love it! Its on a really long chain, so I'm gonna string it on some ribbon for today and get a shorter one. Her hubby got my the 2011 We'moon! smile.gif

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
#258 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:

I hope you feel better and find out what is going on. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

Must hit the post office, the bank, and I think I'll hit the new massage clinic/shop at the mall and get DH a gift certificate for a serious shoulder massage  :)  He'd enjoy that for sure.  Might do the big grocery shop tonight too... the closer it gets to the 25th, the less I want to go near the shops lol.

I have been staying away from the stores since Monday.  Went grocery shopping last night so I wouldn't have to deal with the mass of people who are bound to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

happy solstice everyone!!!  Just got done with dinner & family ritual.  This was a first for us so I think it when very well!  Everyone got up and we call the directions and then lit candles and to top it off - DH busted out a little "Happy birthday to you" at the endlol.gif

So cute!  Made me giggle:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsunshine85 View Post

Happy Solstice! My dear friend got me my first Pentacle! Its awesome!500

Just beautiful:)  I love it.

#259 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 04:52 AM

Happy Solstice!!!  Happy Yule!!!

I have put off my celebration until tonight.  I had too many things I wanted/needed to get done before Winter break starts. 

Have  a great day:)

#260 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 06:42 AM

Happy Yule! treehugger.gif

We kept it very low key.  DH and I shared a beer - a special holiday brew called "Solstice d'hiver" (Winter Solstice) and we had a leek and potatoes soup. Very very simple.

I did a small ritual for the Solstice and the Eclipse on Monday night - a nice meditation/energy healing on the theme of transformation. It felt good.

Getting ready for Christmas Eve; my father and my sister's family are coming. So baking, wrapping and cleaning are on my list for today.

We already have one batch of cookies (no-bake chocolate/peanut butter cookies) done. 3 to go. Need to do this: dishes.gif

Love and Light heartbeat.gif

Valérie   
#261 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 07:50 AM

that is a beautiful pentacle sweetsunshine!! lovely. my first was a gift from a dear friend too.

#262 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 08:05 AM

Happy Solstice coolshine.gif

We had a full but enjoyable one.  Monday DP and I got back from our trip and the family did our "no lights" longest night.  We played Monopoly by candle light and told stories.  Then yesterday we got up in the dark (still no lights) and drove up a mountain to welcome back the sun.  We saw two deer, a mountain grouse and lots a other birds.  Last night we had a Soup and Solstice party.  We had a fire pit and burned our yule log.  It was really fun ~our first Solstice party. loveeyes.gif  Now, I'm lying in bed with a cuppa pretending the cleaning faeries are busy at work in the kitchen.

LM- I hope you get it figured out soon.  Sorry you're not feeling well. 

Valerie- I need to join you in the kitchen...lots of dishes to do.  Sounds like a cozy atmosphere for you family visit though. 

redveg- I hope you enjoy your celebration today. smile.gif

SweetSunshine-What a pretty pentacle. 

I enjoy reading about all of your Solstice celebrations.  I hope we are all feeling the love and light of the season. 

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#263 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 08:09 AM

A beautiful pentacle, SweetSunshine! How sweet of your friends to do that!

My DH got me the Kitchen Tarot too! Yay us!

Hoping to get some Xmas baking in tonight with my cousin. I haven't seen her in months because our schedules don't mesh well, but she's like a sister to me, so I'm thrilled to see her.

Lioness, I hope you fin some answers--that sure does sound suspicious and painful.

More healing vibes please! My best friend had her baby, and they were supposed to be discharged today, but he started having labored breathing last night. So they must stay another 24 hours. I hope it is just adjusting to the outside world, but as my friend has a heart condition, there is the possibility of more.

Come ponder with me about food!
#264 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 12:00 PM

Yay for the Kitchen Tarot (I lurve lurve LURVE that deck!  it's always spot on)!

Yay for jobs and jewelry and happy holidays!  Yay for a bright and merry new year!  Yay for us!  LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a good Solstice... my brother and sil were here, we watched the sun come up, we ran through the woods with jingle bells, singing carols, and throwing birdseed.  We tossed pictures (and a necklace I made) into the well as an offering to Mother Holle and the other Shining Ones, and even had a yummy dinner of roast chicken, cran orange relish, and sweet potato "fries".  Very solar festive.  :)

Today was tough... Laia (5yo) had her first big dental visit.  She did great, though now that the meds are wearing off she's a bit grumpy and ouchie.  It was one crown, one deep filling, and 8 smaller fillings.  Next visit they'll do the left side (these were all on the right side) which is another half dozen small fillings and one big one.  DH picked up a thing of ice cream for her (she isn't supposed to chew for a while) and she had a decent time with the various sedation meds so I'm feeling really relieved.

On a harder note... DH seems to have "lost" almost 200 dollars.  He had it in his wallet and now it's not there.  :(  It was a gift from family to help cover the dental work and I'm in a bit of a panic.  Plus dh is really beating himself up... almost in a scary way.  Wish us a quick find and a peaceful afternoon.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#265 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 01:14 PM

So glad everyone seems to have had a good Solstice.

Just got some unpleasant news about my so called best friend. Apparently my mother talked to her after my big convo with mom and my best friend was all upset and since then has been telling everything we talk about to my mom. MY mother posted on fb today that "now it is time to fight, not wallow in self pity. I am a good mom, and have my loving children as a reminder.Let it begin...." So apparently she's planning to make my life difficult. I'm betting she's talking to the priest, the nuns, etc and gonna attempt a Catholic "intervention" or something. Oh boy! Can't wait! So glad I have my pentacle now. Its a comfort to have the loving protection it brings.

#266 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 01:44 PM

clay: could it be in the washer? dh and the kids will sometimes leave money in their pants and i will find it later in the washer.

sunshine: be strong! i am so sorry you have to deal with that. seems so strange to me to have people that nosy into your business. like if their way is the right way, isn't still between you and god? and you know you do not in anyway have to get into with them. just refuse to go there and be in that house. ((hug))

had a minor freak out today with all the crud i piled up in the next few days. lol what was i thinking? i have to STILL make candy, and tomorrow it is 6 quiches for IHELP and then i have to make a pie and sweet potatoes for my mom's and then we are hosting a potluck here on sunday with dh's family and i have to do cheese/meat and cracker and all the flipping drinks. and i still have to clean the house, and deal with the kids and what have you. i know it is just alittle something everyday, but it just feels like so much. lol eeek!

h

#267 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 01:53 PM

I have to go there for the holiday, for my little sisters. So I have to find a way to control myself and not engage them or let them mess with my head or my heart. I am glad that there are people who know me and who I am and accept the whole package, no exceptions!

#268 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 02:33 PM

Clay- I hope the money is found.  And ouch on all that dental work.  I can't remember...Does she not have enamel on her teeth?

#269 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 02:49 PM

Clay - my DH has done this... ugh - I would check any spot (the side cubbies in cars, the middle part between seats, under the seat, in the couch, under the couch, various coats, jackets, pants etc.)  If that doesn't turn it up - can you put out a wish or request for it to return to you ASAP?  I've done that before with "lost" items and they seem to turn up then.  argh, Im heartsick with you in a BTDT kinda of way. :(  Good to hear about L and her trip to the dentist... and mmmm mmmm ice cream yummy.gif

Sunshine - That sounds like a declaration of war! Good grief! Is there a way for you to talk to your mom before the holidays and get her to set aside this onslaught until after the holidays have passed for you & her to have a discussion.  P.S. when did it start that when an adult child changes religious beliefs meant one is a "bad mom?"   P.P.S - super pretty pentacle, I hope that it can provide you the comfort and protection you may need during this holiday season.

Awww the kitchen tarot... hmm DH just called and asked if there was anything else I wanted for the holiday.... *hello sign from the heavens*  Can anyone recommend a set of oracle cards?  I'm about to go back and search the "camp threads" for inspiration as I thought we talked about daily rituals there and those came up.

Mof3 - I am looking at your list and I am about to do all of these:  jaw.giffaint.gifsurrender.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#270 of 360 Old 12-22-2010, 03:09 PM

In my mom's "faith" which is pretty much an extremist, "traditional catholic" cult, if your child "leaves the faith", it means that they will lose their soul, unless they come back to the church. In her eyes, she has clearly raised me wrong, if I am not strong enough in my catholicism to stay catholic. We were taught very young that if you are not catholic you are going to hell and I even used to go around to any non-catholic I met and tell them as much. Its so twisted, but thats where she's coming from. There IS NO option on religion. Period! I know she's talking to people and have a bad feeling about what she's gonna try to pull. I'm pretty much gonna walk in Friday and tell her right out, we're not discussing it over the holiday and if she tries to start with me, I will leave. Its her choice, be cool or I won't be around. I'm not coming to argue or ruin Christmas. Going to try to remain internally in my safe circle of love and light and protection!
onlyAngil likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page