January Pagan Circle - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
my Lucas monster who will be NINE!  Not sure when he grew up *scratches head*  but there ya have it... he's damn near as tall as I am!

Happy happy day to him! It happens so super fast.

Quote:
but the insurance company said it may not be covered since the pipes burst do to the house not being heated. i am just about this close to being hysterical.

Holy crapola! I am so so sorry to hear that! What on earth happened? I really will think good things that the insurance will find it okay to cover at least most of the expenses. Ughhhhh! Thinking of you for sure. Let us know what happens... yikes.gif

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2011, 11:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Posthaving SERIOUS drama here. i mean big huge mess. the sale of the house fell thru about a week ago. no big deal, we figured it would pick up again in a month or so and someone else would want to buy the house. well our agent just happened to go check on the house... the freakin door was left a jar and all our heating oil was used (over 100 gallons in less than 3 weeks) and the pipes froze upstairs and burst and there is water EVERYWHERE!

Holy mother of all the Gods, MO3, that is absolutely frightening horrible!!!! Is there no legal recourse?? You're not even living there! Who left the door open?? Can you prove it? Ye Gods. Praying for you,mama candle.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 01-20-2011, 11:27 AM

Treasure Maps and I have problems, in that I'm not good at doing things on a certain day. I want to do it this year, though I guess I should already be hunting old magazines, huh?

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

Old 01-20-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostTreasure Maps and I have problems, in that I'm not good at doing things on a certain day. I want to do it this year, though I guess I should already be hunting old magazines, huh?

Nope. You don't hunt them until the first day of. You can get some ahead of time, but you can't look at them or in them. Just put them away until the first day of TM time. That's what I do. There will be a TM 2011 prep thread, I'm sure, and one for during the TM time. Keep your eyes peeled! They're in the Spirituality thread, I do believe. Maybe you can find a way to set aside time and space now, to be alone and to do it (or if you're doing it with others, to get them organized) since you know when it is.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 01-20-2011, 11:59 AM

maia: right now i have idea what we can do. our agent told us she found the back door a jar. we have no idea who left it like that. i am going to guess it was the people who were thinking of buying it when they had an inspection awhile ago. (like 2 weeks ago). per our agent said the water issue could have been going on for a few days by now. so that means we were without heat for at least most of this week, that means we went thru over 100 gallons of oil in less then 2 weeks, which would be about right if the door was open. the temps have been crazy low. in the end the fault would lie with our agent since she is suppose to make sure the house is all closed up. i am trying not to freak out. i mean we have the means to get it cleaned up if we use the credit cards, but we can't fix all the damage unless the stuff is covered. that pretty much means the bank will take the house because we can't afford to fix the damage. it is all up in the air right now.

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 01-20-2011, 01:30 PM - Thread Starter

I would be livid!  It's definitely the agents fault.  I'd sue for damages.  Wow.  I'm sorry that someone left the door ajar. Who doesn't check to make sure a door is properly closed?!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 01-20-2011, 01:45 PM

Mamaofthree- I am not one for suing people, but in your case, i would consider it! This shouldn't have happened!

*hugs* I am so sorry.

Treasure Map- bought myself some pretty markers for treasure maping

I am working on a Hogwarts school/class for two consecutive weekends in Feb/March. Should be fun. I have the class schedule all set, just trying to figure out costs.

Clay- Try and take it easy for the rest of the day! ( I know not easy with kiddos under foot)

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 01-20-2011, 03:03 PM

ok, so the news just keeps getting worse. i am at the point where i am laughing because i just don't have enough tears for this. the ceiling fell in in the kitchen! there is so much damage that it could be $20,000 or MORE in damages. the whole main floor of the house got wet. the hall floor is worping do to wet/freezing for who knows how many days. jeeze. and there is more, so much more but it is just too much to type. 

i gotta go pick up the teenager from school, then i think i am going to bake cookies. i spent the whole day fielding phone calls and cleaning the house just to keep sane. i had plans to go to the park and hang with friends... sheesh!

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

Old 01-20-2011, 04:20 PM

i'm not a sue crazy sort of person, i have no idea how we can even prove that some one left the door open. i mean our agent said it was open, so we have that. but there is no other proof, just her word. i am at a loss as to what even to do at this point. dh said flat out we will have them come put in the dehumidifiers and fans for today/night to prevent any further damage. we have the heat running. the water is off. and an adjuster is going to take a look at it tomorrow (i think) and if the insurance says they will not over the damage, then we just let the bank know and they can foreclose i guess, because we do not even have any more to fix that mess. it makes me sick. i hate even thinking about that. we aren't people who don't take care of our stuff, it was bad enough we were doing a short sale, i felt really ashamed and bad about that, but this... we didn't winterize because we had buyers and they kept coming out and we wanted the house warm and the water running... gosh....

h

Old 01-20-2011, 04:59 PM

MO3 - perhaps a full moon ritual to take away all these worries... ?  what a disaster.  hope this gets sorted out reasonably and timely for you.

we're getting snow - 5-6" in the past 24 hours, so you easterners should get prepared.  again.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 01-20-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Posti'm not a sue crazy sort of person, i have no idea how we can even prove that some one left the door open. i mean our agent said it was open, so we have that. but there is no other proof, just her word. i am at a loss as to what even to do at this point.

What I would do is sleep on it...then, in the morning, write down EVERYTHING, sequentially, including any conversations with anybody, and the times and dates as best you can remember them. Get the dates when the last showing was (or whatever reason the realtor was last in there). How much oil was in the tank. How long it took to run out. How much is usually used. All the damage. Do you have a friend there who can go in and take pictures? Document, Document, Document. And then call an attorney to find out what your options are.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Post

having SERIOUS drama here. i mean big huge mess. the sale of the house fell thru about a week ago. no big deal, we figured it would pick up again in a month or so and someone else would want to buy the house. well our agent just happened to go check on the house... the freakin door was left a jar and all our heating oil was used (over 100 gallons in less than 3 weeks) and the pipes froze upstairs and burst and there is water EVERYWHERE! the ceiling in the kitchen is sagging, water is in the diningroom, kitchen, bathroom (main floor) and the basement. called the insurance and they are sending someone out, a plumber, a clean up crew and the oil people. but the insurance company said it may not be covered since the pipes burst do to the house not being heated. i am just about this close to being hysterical. plus we have to some how come up with all the money up front for clean up... i guess we will be using the credit cards for that. sh!t!!!

h

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

I would be livid!  It's definitely the agents fault.  I'd sue for damages.  Wow.  I'm sorry that someone left the door ajar. Who doesn't check to make sure a door is properly closed?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

Mamaofthree- I am not one for suing people, but in your case, i would consider it! This shouldn't have happened! 

I am not SUE crazy either, but it is the agents RESPONSIBILITY to ensure that after the house is shown, that it is completely secure/locked before leaving.  So I would go after that agency witha passion in your case.  Especially if your insurance will not pay due to the house being unheated... the house WOULD Have been heated if the agent ensured the back door wasn't left standing open!    That is just un fricking believable huN!!   No way should you have to pay for 20k worth of repairs for damage that was a real estate agents fault through sheer negligence :( 

I will think good thoughts for you that you manage to get it covered somehow OTHER than out of pocket!

I'm off to a staff meeting at work for a couple of hours,  then I have to pick up a computer program/game for lucas.. he turns 9 tomorrow :D   I figure anything else would be ignored with mister techno boy lol.  I think it's fish & chips for tea as I am not feeling super flash.   I have to drive through Goodna, the VERY flood affected neighborhood next to us, to go to work...It is going to break my heart to see peoples' lives & livelihoods on the curb :(  

On the upside though.. the moon was spectacular last night, since we could finally see Her lol.  Off to make lunch for the boybarians ... have a beautfiul day/evening friends of mine :)

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
Old 01-21-2011, 06:08 AM

Not much time right now but MO3  WOW!!!  Hugs.  How horrible to have this happen.  I would be looking at the agent for this too.  No matter who left the door open the agent should be looking in on the house.  I hope they do the right thing and take care of this for you.  take this worry off your hands.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 01-21-2011, 07:03 AM

Happy Birthday Lucas!!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Old 01-21-2011, 09:04 AM

well the adjustor (sp) called and wants proof of the last three oil deliveries before he will even send someone out to look at the house. i contacted the oil company and they are going to email the docs to me, but they are so... how do i put this, old fashioned she has to go thru all the paper work. lol so it could be a bit. THEN we need to figure out about the clean up crew, how long do we keep them there drying out the house, every day is costing us lots of money. 

and i have no idea what to do if insurance doesn't cover this. i mean yes it is our agents fault... maybe? if she wasn't there when the door got left open and it was left open by the potential buyers agent.. do we go after them? or is it still in the end our agent who is responsible? she is trying to say that maybe the door doesn't close right, (which it does) but even if it didn't don't yo really pull the door closed and lock it if you are leaving. and she said maybe someone broke in... ok but they took nothing (nothing to take) and did no damage to the house except leave the door a jar. that doesn't even make since. i mean it is possible, but we have no proof that even happened because nothing is missing.

and i might have to spend another day at home fielding phone calls because no one seems to be able to get their stuff together and work in out when they call all meet up where ever it is they need to meet up. which means the kids will be pissed. we were planning on a day at the park yesterday and then i said ok we can go today, but now maybe not. dh is at work and can't leave. UGH!

ok done with the vent... off to make more phone calls.

h

Old 01-21-2011, 09:41 AM

oh, hon. just an awful situation all around. sending vibes things get worked out speedily & well.

happy birthday to lucas! thinking of you and all of oz, cari. hugs!

i know there were other things to reply to, but i'm one handed, as my sweet boy is sick. *sniff* i'm not the biggest fan of january 2011, i have to say.... i need a fresh month! 

hugs and vibes to all.

xoxoxoxo

Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 AM

wave.gifHi, aweyn!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Postwell the adjustor (sp) called and wants proof of the last three oil deliveries before he will even send someone out to look at the house. i contacted the oil company and they are going to email the docs to me, but they are so... how do i put this, old fashioned she has to go thru all the paper work. lol so it could be a bit. THEN we need to figure out about the clean up crew, how long do we keep them there drying out the house, every day is costing us lots of money. 

and i have no idea what to do if insurance doesn't cover this. i mean yes it is our agents fault... maybe? if she wasn't there when the door got left open and it was left open by the potential buyers agent.. do we go after them? or is it still in the end our agent who is responsible? she is trying to say that maybe the door doesn't close right, (which it does) but even if it didn't don't yo really pull the door closed and lock it if you are leaving. and she said maybe someone broke in... ok but they took nothing (nothing to take) and did no damage to the house except leave the door a jar. that doesn't even make since. i mean it is possible, but we have no proof that even happened because nothing is missing.

and i might have to spend another day at home fielding phone calls because no one seems to be able to get their stuff together and work in out when they call all meet up where ever it is they need to meet up. which means the kids will be pissed. we were planning on a day at the park yesterday and then i said ok we can go today, but now maybe not. dh is at work and can't leave. UGH!

ok done with the vent... off to make more phone calls.

h

So she has to go through the paperwork. Big whoop. Once she gets it to you, though, make copies and keep them in a folder somewhere safe. Keep everything! Better yet, keep the originals and put the copies in another folder for the lawyer. You did call one, I hope?

It is definitely someone else's fault and not yours-- y'all have not been occupying that house for how long now? And there haven't been any problems with the heat or the oil or the water until recently, and then WHAM, all at once. So it's definitely someone who was there in the last 2 weeks or so that was negligent. YES it's the realtor's fault or the potential buyer or their agent. And of course your agent is deflecting blame! Would you want that on your record? I wouldn't...she stands to lose her license, her livelihood, and a huge chunk of money if she's found to be at fault. Which, do NOT feel bad about that, MO3; if it's her fault, even by accident, she needs to buck up and claim responsibility.

But a lawyer, YES, you must must must investigate that.

M called me on his lunch break just to tell me he loves me luxlove.gif faint.gif(That's me, swooning lol.gif )

Old 01-21-2011, 10:30 AM

Thinking of you mamaofthree! goodvibes.gif

"The true measure of a man is how he treats a man who can do him absolutely no good."
peace.gif  Embrace the learning that is happening within the things that are actually happening!    
Old 01-21-2011, 10:45 AM

maia: yeah on the M call. those are always so nice. :)

so the clean up/drying of the house is actually not as much as i was fearing. just got off the phone with that guy. what they have done/are doing is pretty much what our deductable would be so we would have to pay that much anyway. so that felt a bit like good news. the bad news for the day is the weather is outragous there and even if we get all the paper work to the insurance guy i can't see him getting to the house today or over the weekend. so not till monday. we decided to call a lawyer if the insurance refuses to pay. thru dh's work they have this thing where you can talk to a theraphist or a lawyer for free for something like 10 visits or something like that over the phone, so we will be calling them just to see what we can do. a friend reminded me that there is a record of who was in the house last because the key thing on the house. they have to put in a code. it is possible someone broke in, but i don't think so. anyway... feeling a bit better at this point. 

we are going to try and get this baby out this weekend... you know DTD and walking. lol gotta be more fun the worrying about the house right? lol

Old 01-21-2011, 01:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Hello everyone!

Hoping I am in the right place to post.  I am a complete newbie here.

Yesterday I was asked by a woman "Are you a good witch or a bad witch, I think you are a good witch".  At first, I laughed and said "neither".  So... most of my thoughts last night were focused on this question.  Am I a witch?  What ever that may mean. 

It is not the first time this type of question has been asked.  I have always had a intuitiveness in me that is very hard to deny, and when I do deny it.... it comes around again.  My cousin has practiced this on and off for years but I always found her to be the Marlin Manson/goth type (sorry for the pun...that is the only way I know how to describe) and seems very dark but very intuituve in her own right.  I on the other hand have been more connected to our Mother and find I am more on the nature side of things, more on the lighter side even though I have had a lot of darkness in my life.  Hope this makes sense.  I tend to feel like I have been the places I have, like I have dreamed it before.  Same with folks I meet. 

Where would one begin?  Reading, chatting with others?  Any input is much appreciated.   

'09   
Old 01-21-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
  Am I a witch?  What ever that may mean.

Hi there and welcome to the Pagan thread!  Id'ing as a witch is a tricky one for some. I've only recently felt comfortable, compelled even, to do so for myself. I've been a practicing Pagan for many years.  Definitions will vary from person to person, but for me it means that my faith practice involves witchcraft. :)

Stick around here and you'll meet many terrific people who have lots of wisdom to share. :)

Old 01-21-2011, 01:33 PM

I wondered if that was a term not to use loosely.  Thank you... I appreciate that. 

I have read some of your posts elsewhere and really enjoyed your thoughts on unschooling.  Thank you again for the hello and I am looking forward to reading more!

'09   
Old 01-21-2011, 01:37 PM

xantho, if you flip back a few (dozen?!) pages in this thread, you might find something about how some of us refer to ourselves.  at least, i think that conversation happened earlier this month.

welcome!

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

Old 01-21-2011, 01:47 PM

duck.gif

Looking back now while DS is snoozin!  My MIL is about 20 minutes away to stay for a couple days.... may have to come back when the house is ours again! 

'09   
Old 01-21-2011, 01:58 PM

Ahhh.... Page 5!  I just want to sit here and read, read, read....  she is pulling in!!! 

Be in touch!  Thank you! 

'09   
Old 01-21-2011, 02:32 PM

Welcome, Xantho!

Glad for you that your in-laws are moving back, aweyn.  Sorry your little one is unwell -- enjoy the cuddles, though.

Happy birthday, Lucas!

Ack, Mo3!  What awful timing for you to have to deal with this house mess from thousands of miles away when you should be just thinking about yourself and birthing your babe.  Sending peaceful, easy labour, healthy mama and baby vibes.

Sweet phone call, Maia!

Dh has been between jobs for about 6 weeks now due to unavoidable delays in paperwork/licensing/training.  He should start work again finally at the middle or end of next week.  The money issues are starting to get to me - just my income is nowhere near enough to pay the bills.  Time to work all the prosperity magicks that I can think of, that the money we hope for will be there with this job.  We're going to give it till April before he starts looking for something else.  

Old 01-21-2011, 03:11 PM

Hello all,

Sorry I don't have time to catch up on all the chat. I read thru this page.

MO3~ Not exactly sure what happened, but it sounds like it was traumatic and I hope it all gets worked out quickly.

X~ Welcome to the thread! This group is awesome! I

I'm just popping in for a minute, I really need to go shower and get dressed before my bff calls to tell me to come up! After three weeks of not having our Friday night drinks and vent, we are doing it tonite, thank the goddess! This week has been pretty bad, and yesterday was almost more than I could take. I was a wreck all day. (it was the 1yr anniversary of my m/c, on top of the depression I've been in and the extreme stress of work lately) This morning I spoke briefly on the phone with the person I have arranged to go see as a counselor. Its a small freakin world! I picked her because I am familiar with her from taking my client to a dance class once a week that she teaches. I found out last week that she is not just a dance teacher, but a dance therapist and a licensed counselor, who is also a High Priestess! I found out today that my best friend has known her for years and apparently she used to be in a circle with my roommate and neighbor! Weird! Anyway, she called me back this morning and wanted to give me the option of seeing a friend of hers, since she can't see me til the 9th. I told her it took alot for me to even approach her the one time and that after months of seeing her every week. I didn't think I could even say anything to someone I don't know. She understood and said that lots of things lead her to believe this was meant to be and that the goddess arranged it. I am really glad. I think she will be a great fit for me and I am so eager to get started. It sucks that I have so long to wait and yesterday I didn't think I would make it, I was in such rough shape, but today I am better and I am prepared to wait. She did say that its fine if I call or email her in the meantime or if I am comfortable approaching her at the dance class... So, yeah. Things were so bad yesterday that my bff/boss, arranged for me not to work today. She gave me a mental health day. It was so sweet of her. I needed the break badly. I almost quit one client this week! Oy! Anyway, I'll stop blathering on now. I hope y'all are well and have a great weekend!

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
Old 01-21-2011, 03:16 PM

hugs, aubergine!

lol, xantho, hope the visit goes well, and welcome!

~*~ possibly because ds has been in bed sick all day (and needing me, of course, with him, schnuggle), and possibly also because i am *finally* starting to feel better myself, and maybe because of a bit of a kick from a dear friend, i'm feeling something approaching normal for the first time in a while! so, given that, and i do have some ideas creeping up, but i want to just toss out my sort of laundry list o' crud, and see if anyone has any beautiful ideas for me to make sure we get a nice fresh start to february. 

quick recap of the past month-- two fairly dramatic family outbursts in december, bringing old emotional crap up to be purged away~ but before it could be dealt with, and life resume "normal"-- the shooting (involving several family connections, subsequent family emotional drama and so on, etc...) ~ and then, this week, sickies for all of us. (which, i'm sure ultimately will act as great purifiers on their own, but golly gee, did we really need that? lol) 

~so, of course, first on my list is going to be doing some "spring cleaning" (including taking the tree down, lol!)

~we made some beaded candles for the memorials for the shooting-- but since i got sick, only one's gotten out. i know once they're out of the house, and burning, i'll feel more cleansed of that, but i feel like i need something else to "let go" that emotional hold these family connections have had on us.... and sort of insulate my own family and focus my healing energies there (it's hard! i feel so... selfish... but i know it's what i need to do.)

~special seasonal decorating and crafting... keep the ideas coming, lovelies! and i have some fun things i've found online, and i know i'll find inspiration at the craft store, too! ;-) 

..... i just feel like we need *something special*.... kwim? something... beautiful.... life-affirming.... hopeful... blossoming.... something............ ????

Old 01-21-2011, 03:18 PM

sweetsunshine~ hugs! "dance therapist" sounds wonderful, i hope it brings much healing! :-)

Old 01-21-2011, 04:50 PM

aweyn: it is totally not selfish to spend your energy focusing on yourself and your family. that part has to feel whole and healed before you have the energy to go spreading it all around. 

put all the phone calls and faxing and crap on hold and took the boys to the park for a few hours. it was nice to get out in the beautiful sunshine. feeling better, like at least things are holding and not getting worse. the clean up people have to go out every day to check their stuff so at least over the cold snowy weekend someone will be looking at the house. then monday we will try and figure out what to do. 

SO on a happier note.. send those baby birthin' vibes! i want this kid out! lol

h

User Tag List