#511 of 521 Old 01-31-2011, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post2tbs concenrated soap

Re; Pillows - our sleeping ones...

What is "concentrated soap"?

Sleeping pillows-- those I just toss in the washing machine AND the dryer. Then fluff them up with my hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Postsee, i knew it.bawling.gif you all have all the fun conversations when i'm not online. what do you do? wait til you know i cant get on the computer and then all text each other and say "let's go play"? lol. i mean, i'm laughing, but at the same time, i'm crying! this happened to me in the past with other online groups, too, fwiw, so it's not "just" you lot. hopefully i will get a chance to catch up later! but, gesh. can you have a conversation when i AM online? please? maybe just once?

What? What conversations? headscratch.gif You know I love and miss you all the time, sweet one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View PostMy tires are absolutely horrible in snow (can't afford new tires and my car is dying again anyway.)

You can get used ones that are in pretty decent shape from junkyards and also sometimes in the back, or on the side, of dealerships and places that change tires, they have piles of old tires that they have to pay to have hauled off. If you ask nicely, they usually let you paw through them for free. It's a crapshoot whether you get the ones you want or not, but it's often worth it, and you only have to pay for the mounting of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wombatclay View PostAnyway, I'm registered and have a "magic number"... I have to call their phone line within 48 hours of the birth and confirm the birth with this number.  And I asked... they wont be able to give me a new number, or tell me what my number is later, so, in the words of the rep, "Please don't lose this number".  LOL

That just sounds so weirdly futuristic <insert Twilight Zone music here>

Sorry, but LOL on the Rubber Ducky song...I just taught that to ds. He's not seen Sesame Street. Well, he did when he was very little, on video, but he doesn't remember. I had to look it up on YouTube to show him.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#512 of 521 Old 01-31-2011, 02:25 PM

so, i didnt make it to the pool. sniff. it's now pouring. which is nice, as the plants will be happy, only.... it's supposed to freeze tonight, so i really need it to stop raining so i can put a frost cloth over my pear tree (which is covered in blooms!), and put a light on it, too, if i want any chance of having pears this year!

cari, i know, it breaks my heart to hear the things adults say to kids. dont know if i'm being more sensitive than usual to it, as i'm realizing that i really internalized a lot of things that were said to me when i was a kid, and am still suffering from it..... hugs. if you can get FEs, you might try giving lucas some walnut. it seems to be really helpful for kids, to keep their energies protected from... shall we say... overbearing adults with crummy attitudes? ;-)

maia, any conversation! i can literally be sitting "on" the computer all day, and NO ONE will post at ALL. then, i'm off for one day, and ALL of you post 14 times. it used to happen to me with an old online group, too, although with that, it was mainly answerable to the fact they were all east coasters, and i was west coast. i know that's not the case here, although it does seem to be usually weekends. i tend to be offline on weekends.

aubergine & ktg, my ladies in purple! sitting here with my laptop on my favorite purple pillow..... i love the purple quilt idea, aubergine. lurve it. :-)

books~ just finished white queen (thornyhold before that).... now must read red queen (is that in paperback yet, anyone know?).... 

clay, lol at beading and re-beading. i cant wait to see what you come up with! :-) i can not believe you are going to have such long drives next year! gak! 3 hours twice in a day? have you played with flowers at all yet? <wink>

dh is playing with ds in the living room, and dh just said: "with the blast shield down, how am i supposed to see? how am i supposed to play quidditch?" (who would win-- voldemort or vader-- is a popular conversation topic in my house lately, so you can see how the above conversation happened..... lol!)

i know there was more i wanted to reply to.... ah, well. :-)

#513 of 521 Old 01-31-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Postmaia, any conversation! i can literally be sitting "on" the computer all day, and NO ONE will post at ALL. then, i'm off for one day, and ALL of you post 14 times. it used to happen to me with an old online group, too, although with that, it was mainly answerable to the fact they were all east coasters, and i was west coast. i know that's not the case here, although it does seem to be usually weekends. i tend to be offline on weekends.

who would win-- voldemort or vader-- is a popular conversation topic in my house lately

I think Voldemort.

Well, I'm online a lot more than I should be, so you can always pop onto FB and see if I'm on there, if you need convo hug2.gif

M is about to get pounded with weather. He says 18 more inches on top of the 4 feet that's already there, and that's just the snowfall on the ground. Not the drifts. DOK, I feel for ya-- if you can get storage water, I would. I hear they are asking people who can leave the state, to do so. I hope you and Roo stay warm and safe. Make sure you have some propane or something to heat food with, and fill the bathtub, and all that. I'm sure you've lived in MA long enough to know the drill. Be safe.

DS has been 10 for exactly 36 minutes orngbiggrin.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#514 of 521 Old 01-31-2011, 04:39 PM

lol, yeah, i think voldy, too. thanks, hon. i have to figure out how to tell someone's on FB chat... i havent got that one down yet. 

"they are asking people who can leave the state to do so"-- are you kidding me? wow. we just have a thunderstorm and freezing temps. 

i have soup on the stove. i am working on my idea of spreading all the holidays thin, not just yule, lol. since dh's schedule is hard to work Real Fulfilling Celebrations around, i so often wind up feeling... well, unfulfilled. so, we celebrated a bit over the weekend (i finally got my mantle done, and my wreath up! huzzah! it was splendid!), i'm making creamy oniony potatoey soup tonight, we'll do special, late flaming dessert tomorrow night, and (if i remember to go get poppyseeds!) muffins the morning of. :-)

clay, what was the yarn and goop heart thing you were going to do? did you do it? i really want to do wax paper crayon hearts, but i keep forgetting to borrow an iron. (we dont own one. i am seriously opposed to ironing.)

my wreath is pale pink ribbon, pale pink pipecleaner hearts, and some small glass heart ornaments... mantle is gorgeous primrose yellow candles, pink ribbon, more of the hearts, some playdough things ds and i made, and some pale yellow and white gladiolas. 

we're watching HP2, and i lurve when uncle vernon says "freaky friends" with the rolled r.... i shall call you my frrrreaky frrriends. lol.gif (sorry, i was sick for like a month, and didnt drink wine, i'm having a glass now, and it's going straight to me head!)

hope everyone stays safe in the insane weather! may february get off to a splendid start!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

#515 of 521 Old 01-31-2011, 05:14 PM

Maia--happy birthday to your DS.

I'm bracing for that storm coming..I've head the reports up to 20 inches, and good gods, I hope like heck it isn't quite that much. I am not going to work on Wednesday, can't make me. Meetings are already being moved around, so I'm thinking that work will cancel anyway. I sure hope so. Tomorrow should be mild enough to go in.

I think I made a hugely good impression on the interim Dean of Students, and I hope that I at least get to design a new curriculum for exchange students from China we might get. I came to our meeting with a good amount of material that she seemed very pleased with, so here's hoping!

I just made homemade chocolate pudding that needs to cool NOW so I can eat it. LOL.

Come ponder with me about food!
#516 of 521 Old 01-31-2011, 05:20 PM

I'm a total wreck right now. My best friend for years and years decided that she cannot accept my new path and cannot be my friend anymore. She "assured" me that "if I come back to THE faith" she'll be there, though. I was in shock most of the day, just numb and shocked. But now its hitting me and I'm totally heartbroken. It really hurts. She's been like a sister to me for years. She was the one person who I could trust with my secrets and who trusted me with hers, the one who could call me at 4am and I would always be there, the one who I could go to anytime. And it turns out she was only my friend because we shared the same religion! :(

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
#517 of 521 Old 01-31-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Posti have to figure out how to tell someone's on FB chat... i havent got that one down yet. 

Down at the bottom right corner, there's a little box that says "Chat" and a number in parentheses, which is how many people are chatting. You click that, and the box expands to show all the names of people chatting. Only, they lie, because of all the names on there, only the ones with a green dot next to their names are actually available to chat. Click on the person's name that you want to chat with, and a new box pops up just for you and them to chat in. Then from there on, it's like any instant messenger. Type in the bottom part, and hit "enter" to make your sentence show up. And that's all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View PostMaia--happy birthday to your DS.

I just made homemade chocolate pudding that needs to cool NOW so I can eat it. LOL.

He has said Thank You to everybody who sent him birthday wishes! Now I have a 10yo...sniff...

I love pudding that's still hot yummy.gif

#518 of 521 Old 01-31-2011, 05:42 PM

you know, though, i've tried clicking on a green one, and it's not worked. but, come to think of it, i have managed to chat with dh. wonder how i did that, lol?

in all my back and forthing, i forgot to say happy bday to your boy! and hugs to you!

sweetsun~hugs, hon. i wouldnt say she was "only" your friend before "because" of the shared religion.... but she has her own issues with not being open minded and knowing you're still you. it's a hard one. i lost a friend once similarly (i'd guess most of us have) and it really stung. i hope you find some peace with it. 

just add flames and eat the pudding hot! lol.

happy almost february! squeeeee!

#519 of 521 Old 01-31-2011, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

aweyn, if you have a cast-iron frying pan, you could heat it up and use it as an iron.  just cover your counter with a thick towel, and then put parchment on top, then the thing you want to iron. USUALLY, melty stuff won't stick to parchment.  USUALLY.  i have been known to be wrong sometimes. :)

heard a little bit of rain a little while ago, so the slickness has arrived.  big blotches of purple on the weather map that might hit us later tonight.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#520 of 521 Old 01-31-2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View Post
big blotches of purple on the weather map that might hit us later tonight.

LOL. Go away big purple blotches!!

Sunshine - I lost a friend, over 6 years ago. It really hurt. Different circumstances, but she was my best friend, had been for 10 years...at the time, she was really my only friend beyond acquaintance.  We've actually just re-acquainted through FB, and the pain is still there, but it is nice to have a casual "Hiya."  I'm sorry you have to go through this, but as the raw hurt heals it will appear that it is better to sever the relationship than let it whither in disrespect.  At least that gives you something to return to if she chooses.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#521 of 521 Old 02-01-2011, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

January is over.  February thread is up http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1295331/february-pagan-circle

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page