Family Circle – Imbolc/Brigid – All are welcome! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is my first year celebrating Imbolc, I really appreciate reading all of this!

flowersforyou.gif

#32 of 35 Old 01-17-2012, 12:05 PM

ThanKs for the bump

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#33 of 35 Old 01-18-2012, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Hi All!

I was just reading through my Candlemas book and it said there is a tradition to remove all Yule/Christmas evergreens from your home before Imbolc/Candlemas.... or else hobgoblins would come!

People - get those Yule trees down! Think of the children... LOL

#34 of 35 Old 01-20-2012, 04:35 PM

Thanks for redirecting me to this thread. I had posted about Imbolc in Religious Studies. Once again, I am going to try a party on Imbolc, only it will have to wait until Saturday, February 4. People seem pretty excited. I just have to really start getting things nailed down. I am determined that THIS year, we will make it to the actual Schubenacadie Sam celebration, but we were snowed out last year. I really want this party to fly, though. I feel like there are lots of good ideas floating around in my head; too many, maybe. I have to settle on something simple. I was going to make corn dollies for the kids to decorate, but I think that's overwhelming me. I should just throw a party, already.

I did find some 75-percent-off prairie dog calendars and I am planning to cut out the groundhog images and deck them out like Brigid. Do you think she would mind?

#35 of 35 Old 01-23-2012, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

If it's really cold where you live, you can make ice lanterns. It's where you get a large and small container. Fill the large container with some water, add the smaller container with rocks to hold it down a bit, letting the water come up around it. The end result is a block of ice with a hollow section in the middle - where you put the candle. You can add leaves/pine to the water when it freezes for decoration. The ice lantern lives outside on your front porch.

Better instructions and pictures: http://www.ordinarylifemagic.com/2010/11/ice-lanterns.html

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page