Crunchy Christian Mamas in 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#61 of 306 Old 02-27-2011, 05:24 PM
 
CrunchyChristianMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 2,649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I've seen that too in a lot of PK's.  I wonder if the stress of being in the pastoral position leads them to over-discipline because they want to try to ensure that their kids look good/behave properly/etc. because they know they are being watched by the congregation.  Just a theory, but that would seem to be human nature. 


Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

CrunchyChristianMama is offline  
#62 of 306 Old 02-28-2011, 06:09 AM
 
sosurreal09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

God put my husband in my life right when I needed him too. My mom died when I was 15 and 3 months later God sent me DH. We have been together since we were 15. I went into foster care and a lot of garbage b/c my dad voluntarily gave me up to the state after like 6 months of horror with him.

 

Then my foster fam kicked me out when I was just about 17 and we have been on our own since then. DH and I started living together at 16 (he paid my foster fam rent) until we had to get our own place.

I know I would not have made it without him.


 Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

sosurreal09 is offline  
#63 of 306 Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyChristianMama View Post

I've seen that too in a lot of PK's.  I wonder if the stress of being in the pastoral position leads them to over-discipline because they want to try to ensure that their kids look good/behave properly/etc. because they know they are being watched by the congregation.  Just a theory, but that would seem to be human nature. 



I think so. Everything was "how does this make the church look?" and "What would the church think?"

 

Like, when I was seriously bulimic (I was so underweight I'm fairly certain I stopped ovulating) and self harming at least once a day my parents forced me into therapy, but it was under the radar of the church. We never talked about it. I was just expected to "get better" and be done. They used to grill me after my sessions to see what I talked about. They pulled me out after a month for "not progressing" or something...

 

I also went away for college (I was given the choice between two schools: One in town and one an hour away....and then was told I was going to the one away) My parents told me it was because it was "no good for anyone if I stayed home."


Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
#64 of 306 Old 02-28-2011, 07:59 AM
 
MrsSurplus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Family Farm
Posts: 374
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

<<

I've seen that too in a lot of PK's.  I wonder if the stress of being in the pastoral position leads them to over-discipline because they want to try to ensure that their kids look good/behave properly/etc. because they know they are being watched by the congregation.  Just a theory, but that would seem to be human nature. >>

 

First, I'm sorry for what the PKs here have gone through!

 

However, it's funny - because my experience (I'm not a PK - I mean observing them) is the opposite...in fact, it's been a joke in the congregations we've attended - about how the PKs are the worst ones...you'd never want your daughter to date one, etc...  My theory has been two-fold - that a) the preacher was so busy dealing with other things that he neglected the rearing of his children and b) that the PKs wanted to prove that they weren't those "goody two-shoes" types.  :)  That's funny, though, because truly among the people I know, our experience with PKs is the opposite of what's being described here.  Either way, preacher's families have just so much to deal with - how difficult for every member!


Mrs. S - Crunchy child of The King, Wife to my best friend, and Mama to my many blessings.

 
 
MrsSurplus is offline  
#65 of 306 Old 03-03-2011, 06:48 PM
 
bonjourmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi ya'll. Hope it is not too late to join into the convo.

I am a CCMama of 1 baby girl so far. I am the "crunchiest" I know and sometimes it can be confusing and lonely.

We move around a lot for my DH's work, but we are trying to settle in our new area. DH and I have had a rocky road with our faith before we met one another, but I swear, God brought us together and now it feels like we are starting all over and learning new things every day. 

 

I have struggled with being a SAHM. No one mentions how difficult new babies are past the first 6 weeks! I sometimes feel lost at why I decided to SAH and struggle financially paying off college loans, but I am hoping one day I will look back on this time and feel gratitude. I know it is a blessing.

 

Anyways, happy there are more out there!

Would love any book recommendations or uplifting blog links :-)

 

Best,

Jamie


 "Just like moons and like suns, With the certainty of tides, Just like hopes springing high,  Still I'll rise." ~ Maya Angelou
bonjourmama is offline  
#66 of 306 Old 03-04-2011, 07:25 AM
 
sosurreal09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome Jamie!

 

I am 23 and a SAHM with no family support. (I have a few fam members but their are issues) It is DH and I and that is it. His family have never even been to our house...MIL didn't even see our child until she was 2 m/o. We don't even have drama with these people they just could care less apparently.

 

I know how lonely it can get and overwhelming. My DD is very spirited and at 17 m/o STILL cries like 1hr or 2 a day...and her cries are screeching at the top of her lungs ear piercing cries. This makes it even harder and makes it hard to have people over b/c DD for some reason is going through a new phase where she does not want to leave the house or have people over. She will scream the whole time.

 

I have always wanted to be a SAHM and wife. That was always my dream, never thought it would be so early though. I know other moms that I now that work either part or full time and their kids are in daycare all day are still overwhelmed. They work all day then have to take care of a whiny clingy child who hasn't seen them in so many hours. It is hard either way you choose to go. Bing a mom is just hard. Moms do not have the same support they used to. Not too long ago you could call your neighbor to run over and hold the baby while you took a shower, mostly today you have no support except immediate family if you even have that. It is hard when you never seem to get a break. Just remember these years will go by so fast you will long for the day your LO was a baby and miss the snuggles and BWing ect. You are building a foundation for your child and everyone just has to do the best they can and what they can handle. Whatever you choose is fine, you just have to accept your choice and life.


 Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

sosurreal09 is offline  
#67 of 306 Old 03-08-2011, 04:22 AM
 
revolting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, it's Mardi Gras! Any plans for Lent? I have chosen a devotional for me to go through during Lent, but I haven't thought of something for the kids yet.


Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

revolting is offline  
#68 of 306 Old 03-08-2011, 04:47 AM
 
MaryElizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fort Bragg
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought I should pipe in and introduce myself! I have seen the forum and read through several times. My name is MaryElizabeth and I am 25 years old with an almost 2 DD and a little boy due in June :) I have been a Christian all my life, my dad is a pastor and prison evangelist. I liked being a PK, even though it did come with additional stressers. I met my DH in our private Christian highschool and after both of us getting a little wild in college shy.gif.... we ended up getting married! It is great to be married to your best friend from school :) Funny to look back and say "we should have been together this whole time!.... but we probably would have killed each other haha. 

 

My DH is an officer in the Army and we are currently at Ft. Bragg. I am a SAHM and while I love it, it can definitely get lonely real fast. I beg my in-laws and parents to come visit haha. We are in the middle of a home remodel and are going to be relocating to Ft. Sill, OK in August. busy busy!

 

It's great to meet you ladies and very nice to know that there ARE Christian Crunchy mothers out there besides me!

 


Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
MaryElizabeth is offline  
#69 of 306 Old 03-08-2011, 06:53 AM
 
sosurreal09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome Mary Elizabeth!

 

I get real lonely too. My only support is DH....it can be trying at times!

 

 

 

On another note I am giving up chocolate for lent orngbiggrin.gif that's my addiction...


 Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

sosurreal09 is offline  
#70 of 306 Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 AM
 
MaryElizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Fort Bragg
Posts: 539
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've never done lent... but I feel like I should. I think my vice right now is probably sleep and the internet!<-- haha  I never used to spend time on the computer, but every since I've been pregnant and it being winter, I've slowly become addicted Sheepish.gif. I hear you on the only having DH thing, I've never had a problem making friends, I guess I am just unmotivated to do so in this moment in time. I know it must make DH feel a little suffocated at times to have me so dependent on him, and I'm sure DD could use some more social time..... Playgroups and making "mom" friends just seems like a waste when I know I will be leaving it all in a few months time. What do you ladies do for social time? We realllly need to find a church we like!!! That would be most helpful!


Army Wife & SAHM hang.gif  to energy.gifDD 06/09 & belly.gif DS 06/11    cd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif
MaryElizabeth is offline  
#71 of 306 Old 03-08-2011, 10:14 AM
 
sosurreal09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well I don't have family but I do have a few good friends, but we are a one car family and they live like an hour from here...

 

DH works some Sundays so it's hard to always get to church. We do have a church we like that we go to, but DD is also going through huge separation anxiety and seems like most churches now expect you to put them in daycare there, which is also hard b/c DD is very sensitive to her environment and when their is a bunch of babies crying she gets really upset...

 

 


 Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

sosurreal09 is offline  
#72 of 306 Old 04-09-2011, 05:33 PM
 
Nazsmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In the vine
Posts: 2,501
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

 

 

 

Hey everybody! How are you gals doing? I'm getting ready for passover and Resurrection Sunday. Behold the Lamb!! Jesus is so great. Anyone have special plans?

Nazsmum is online now  
#73 of 306 Old 04-13-2011, 02:40 PM
 
les_oiseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi mamas! I haven't caught up in reading all the posts yet, but I want to chime in :)  I am a Christian mama with two kiddos. We just moved away from an AMAZING church, and sort of struggling lookng for a new one. Well, we have been attending a certain church that seems fine enough. I guess when you have been going to a church where you just feel the Spirit of God so powerfully present it is pretty hard to replace the experience.

 

les_oiseau is offline  
#74 of 306 Old 04-14-2011, 11:59 AM
 
sosurreal09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am officially being baptised on Sunday!!! So excited to be born again!

 

 

yummus likes this.

 Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

sosurreal09 is offline  
#75 of 306 Old 04-14-2011, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
AFWife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,214
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

I am officially being baptised on Sunday!!! So excited to be born again!

 

 



Congrats! That's so amazing!!!!


Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
AFWife is offline  
#76 of 306 Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
 
Nazsmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In the vine
Posts: 2,501
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

I am officially being baptised on Sunday!!! So excited to be born again!

 

 



Congrads!!!! May the Lord Bless you!   Always stay at the cross. Behold the Lamb. He will never leave you or forsake you. Glory to the Lord on High!!!!! Behold the Lamb.

 

The true Palm Sunday! (rev 6:9-10,12)

 

After this, I looked; and there before me was a huge crowd, too large for anyone to count, from every nation, tribe, people and language. They were standing in front of the throne and in front of the Lamb, dressed in white robes and holding palm branches in their hands; and they shouted,

 

"Victory to our God,

who sits on the throne,

and to the Lamb!"

 

Praise and glory, wisdom and thanks,

honor and power and strength

belong to our God forever and ever!

 

Amen!

Nazsmum is online now  
#77 of 306 Old 04-15-2011, 01:24 PM
 
yummus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

I am officially being baptised on Sunday!!! So excited to be born again!

 

 

Congratulations!!!

joy.gif
 

 

yummus is offline  
#78 of 306 Old 04-15-2011, 01:34 PM
 
sosurreal09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you! joy.gif


 Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

sosurreal09 is offline  
#79 of 306 Old 04-23-2011, 05:13 AM
 
Nazsmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In the vine
Posts: 2,501
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

A blessed day tomorrow....He is alive forever and ever Amen!!!!


 

 

Nazsmum is online now  
#80 of 306 Old 04-23-2011, 05:58 AM
 
sosurreal09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So DH is going through what he labeled as a "nervous breakdown" and I don't know how to handle it. It started when I said I wanted to get baptized (but he says it started before hand) so I chocked it up to the devil trying to break me by taking him. He is acting so strange and having panic attacks and saying he is so afraid of dying ect ect

 

He is not Christian, IDK he believes in God but doesn't want to have to follow any guidelines kind of person. KWIM? They say "oh yeah I believe in God" but live as though their isn't any judgement or a hell.

 

SO last night we were talking and he starts going on and on about how he is scared to die b/c he doesn't know what happens when we die and all of this stuff. I told him I know what happens you go to heaven or hell it's your choice to make, but praying is not enough you need to follow God's word. I also let him know how much God loves him and wants him to be saved.

 

Well he started freaking out and asked me to stop talking about God...so I did. I told him that IDK how else to help him, so I made him a cup of peaceful tea and warmed up the heating pad and went to bed.

 

IDK how to handle this.


 Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

sosurreal09 is offline  
#81 of 306 Old 04-24-2011, 08:55 AM
 
Nazsmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In the vine
Posts: 2,501
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)


I will pray for your husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post

So DH is going through what he labeled as a "nervous breakdown" and I don't know how to handle it. It started when I said I wanted to get baptized (but he says it started before hand) so I chocked it up to the devil trying to break me by taking him. He is acting so strange and having panic attacks and saying he is so afraid of dying ect ect

 

He is not Christian, IDK he believes in God but doesn't want to have to follow any guidelines kind of person. KWIM? They say "oh yeah I believe in God" but live as though their isn't any judgement or a hell.

 

SO last night we were talking and he starts going on and on about how he is scared to die b/c he doesn't know what happens when we die and all of this stuff. I told him I know what happens you go to heaven or hell it's your choice to make, but praying is not enough you need to follow God's word. I also let him know how much God loves him and wants him to be saved.

 

Well he started freaking out and asked me to stop talking about God...so I did. I told him that IDK how else to help him, so I made him a cup of peaceful tea and warmed up the heating pad and went to bed.

 

IDK how to handle this.



 

Nazsmum is online now  
#82 of 306 Old 04-26-2011, 05:55 PM
 
Nazsmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In the vine
Posts: 2,501
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

OK I have a question......Why can't we be one in Jesus? Why are there so many people with so many ways that they see as being "right" and they don't want to hear what you have to say? You know what I mean.....I'm a Jewish believer and today I was tell someone about the jewishness of the New Covenant and they belittled me. I know that it is because people hate the jews......but they told me all the ways that I was wrong. THIS WOMAN IS A CHRISTIAN.....AND I JUST TOOK IT.(just venting and asking a question) On mdc also I think that moms look at me funny. Maybe I should just go away.


 

 

 

Nazsmum is online now  
#83 of 306 Old 04-26-2011, 06:36 PM
 
CrunchyChristianMama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 2,649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm sorry that's happened to you.  Do you mind explaining further what you mean?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

OK I have a question......Why can't we be one in Jesus? Why are there so many people with so many ways that they see as being "right" and they don't want to hear what you have to say? You know what I mean.....I'm a Jewish believer and today I was tell someone about the jewishness of the New Covenant and they belittled me. I know that it is because people hate the jews......but they told me all the ways that I was wrong. THIS WOMAN IS A CHRISTIAN.....AND I JUST TOOK IT.(just venting and asking a question) On mdc also I think that moms look at me funny. Maybe I should just go away.


 

 

 



 


Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

CrunchyChristianMama is offline  
#84 of 306 Old 05-03-2011, 07:37 AM
 
lilyka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 18,340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I do not think everyone claiming Jesus is just one big happy family.  I think knowing Jesus, the real Jesus, involves knowing the truth about Him.  I think there are many people claiming Christ and following something that looks vaguely like Christ but they are off.  I it is important that people are following the real Christ and this may be what moves people to say things that seem judgmental to the people who hear them.  When in fact their intentions are good.  We wouldn't want someone we love continuing in heretical thinking.  Isn't this why you share your beliefs with others?  The early church was very careful to maintain Orthodox beliefs and worked hard to remove incorrect thinking.  Unfortunately over the years we have seen devision upon devisions and that is how we have gotten to where we are today with a million different people claiming to worship someone with what appears to be many different faces.  But truth is there is only One True God and not every one can be right about who He is.  If 10 different people have 10 different Jesus', assuming that one of them actually knows the real Jesus, nine of them must be following someone besides Jesus.  It is a dangerous thing.

 

However, I do not think that gives anyone the right to insult or belittle.  That's just rude.  I admire people who can address heresies with tact and in a helpful and non-judgmental way.  It hurts to be told "you are wrong and don't really know Jesus, the real Jesus." Someone called me on my beliefs and it stung.  I responded with anger and judgment towards her and what I perceived as an uppity attitude.  (There were several of us and we all just really did not have ears to hear.  We came from many protestant traditions: mainline, non-denominational, messianic.  None of us were happy to hear what she had to say.  She wasn't against any of us specifically.  She was for truth.) She took a lashing for being so bold. It was really hard for her but her love for us and for truth, was bigger than her desire to be liked or accepted.  Today,  am so thankful for her love and that she was willing, because I was wrong.  I was walking in heresy and did not care. I liked my beliefs. They were comfortable and relevant to me.   Because of her wisdom and willingness to take me on (and many others) there has been a revival and many more people now know more of Christ and the truth than we did before.  She completely changed my life, my thinking,  my whole world view.  Like I said, it was hard to be told I was wrong (and she got very specific), painful to the very core of me, but I was glad she was willing.  Once the scales fell away and light was revealed I could see it all so clearly.  May we all be willing to speak up so that our brothers and sisters will not be led astray by an incorrect Christ.  may we all do it with Love and tact, though so as not to inflict wounds but rather to heal divisions and heresies.

 

I highly recommend the book Jesus of Suburbia by Mike Erre.  He has a lot of good things to say about the importance of how we define Jesus. If we acknowledge that not everyone can be right, then it becomes important decide which is the real Jesus, which is heresy and which is a shadow of the truth.  and once we establish that we can move towards looking for the truth and breaking with those untruths that hold us back but also that we love and feel so comfortable with.

Purple Sage likes this.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

lilyka is offline  
#85 of 306 Old 05-03-2011, 06:00 PM
 
les_oiseau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

sosurreal09, how is everything goes with your hubby? I know when I was still trying to find answers I was having all kinds of freakout panic attacks... it's very real and when you realize how real it all is it can be majorly overwhelming. Maybe there are other things that he is questioning, besides the "what happens when you die" aspect? Like, why would there be enternal bliss or punishment? Why does it have to be that way? Who is God and why would I want to give my eternal spirit to Him?

 

 

les_oiseau is offline  
#86 of 306 Old 05-03-2011, 06:17 PM
 
sosurreal09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka View Post

I do not think everyone claiming Jesus is just one big happy family.  I think knowing Jesus, the real Jesus, involves knowing the truth about Him.  I think there are many people claiming Christ and following something that looks vaguely like Christ but they are off.  I it is important that people are following the real Christ and this may be what moves people to say things that seem judgmental to the people who hear them.  When in fact their intentions are good.  We wouldn't want someone we love continuing in heretical thinking.  Isn't this why you share your beliefs with others?  The early church was very careful to maintain Orthodox beliefs and worked hard to remove incorrect thinking.  Unfortunately over the years we have seen devision upon devisions and that is how we have gotten to where we are today with a million different people claiming to worship someone with what appears to be many different faces.  But truth is there is only One True God and not every one can be right about who He is.  If 10 different people have 10 different Jesus', assuming that one of them actually knows the real Jesus, nine of them must be following someone besides Jesus.  It is a dangerous thing.

 

However, I do not think that gives anyone the right to insult or belittle.  That's just rude.  I admire people who can address heresies with tact and in a helpful and non-judgmental way.  It hurts to be told "you are wrong and don't really know Jesus, the real Jesus." Someone called me on my beliefs and it stung.  I responded with anger and judgment towards her and what I perceived as an uppity attitude.  (There were several of us and we all just really did not have ears to hear.  We came from many protestant traditions: mainline, non-denominational, messianic.  None of us were happy to hear what she had to say.  She wasn't against any of us specifically.  She was for truth.) She took a lashing for being so bold. It was really hard for her but her love for us and for truth, was bigger than her desire to be liked or accepted.  Today,  am so thankful for her love and that she was willing, because I was wrong.  I was walking in heresy and did not care. I liked my beliefs. They were comfortable and relevant to me.   Because of her wisdom and willingness to take me on (and many others) there has been a revival and many more people now know more of Christ and the truth than we did before.  She completely changed my life, my thinking,  my whole world view.  Like I said, it was hard to be told I was wrong (and she got very specific), painful to the very core of me, but I was glad she was willing.  Once the scales fell away and light was revealed I could see it all so clearly.  May we all be willing to speak up so that our brothers and sisters will not be led astray by an incorrect Christ.  may we all do it with Love and tact, though so as not to inflict wounds but rather to heal divisions and heresies.

 

I highly recommend the book Jesus of Suburbia by Mike Erre.  He has a lot of good things to say about the importance of how we define Jesus. If we acknowledge that not everyone can be right, then it becomes important decide which is the real Jesus, which is heresy and which is a shadow of the truth.  and once we establish that we can move towards looking for the truth and breaking with those untruths that hold us back but also that we love and feel so comfortable with.



I don't understand what you are saying. Isn't the REAL Jesus the Jesus described in The Bible? Why would I refer to any other book to find out about "the real Jesus" when I have His word to refer to?


 Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

sosurreal09 is offline  
#87 of 306 Old 05-03-2011, 06:19 PM
 
sosurreal09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by les_oiseau View Post

sosurreal09, how is everything goes with your hubby? I know when I was still trying to find answers I was having all kinds of freakout panic attacks... it's very real and when you realize how real it all is it can be majorly overwhelming. Maybe there are other things that he is questioning, besides the "what happens when you die" aspect? Like, why would there be enternal bliss or punishment? Why does it have to be that way? Who is God and why would I want to give my eternal spirit to Him?

 

 


 

Well he says he has come to the conclusion of "just live your life and not worry about it" so IDK really. He knows what I believe and I told him that is the truth and the only way, but I can't force him into anything. I just keep praying for him. TY for asking hug.gif


 Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

sosurreal09 is offline  
#88 of 306 Old 05-04-2011, 03:32 AM
 
Nazsmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In the vine
Posts: 2,501
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Right now in the "church" there are people that know the voice of the Great Shepherd and people that do not. John 10:3 This is the one the gate-keeper admits, and the sheep hear his voice. He calls his own sheep, each one by name, and leads them out. It goes on the say They never follow a stranger but will run away from him, because strangers' voice are unfamiliar to them. The thing is that the "church" right now has alot of false teaching and it is getting harder to find good teachers just teaching the New Covent. So yes there is a REAL JESUS and HE is the Great Shepherd and some still here His voice it is just fewer of us out here. Many people just don't want to hear the truth. BUT here is what I was trying to say.....US sheep that are under the Shepherd and hear His vioce should be one like Jesus himself prayed!!!!! We should be standing up together and being one in Jesus. That is what I'm talking about.


 

Nazsmum is online now  
#89 of 306 Old 05-04-2011, 03:47 AM
 
Nazsmum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: In the vine
Posts: 2,501
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Iilyka how are you feeling? Also I would like to hear more about how you changed? Who was Jesus to you and Whom is he now? If you would like to share.....Also a great pastor that teaches to all of the Body of Messiah www.lovinggrace.org Wayne is about making the church one and getting together to show the world the real Jesus.


 

 

Nazsmum is online now  
#90 of 306 Old 05-04-2011, 04:54 AM
 
Purple Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by sosurreal09 View Post





I don't understand what you are saying. Isn't the REAL Jesus the Jesus described in The Bible? Why would I refer to any other book to find out about "the real Jesus" when I have His word to refer to?


I think the point was that all of the many different denominations/non-denominations say they are teaching the 'real' Jesus as He is in the Bible, and yet they don't all agree on who He is.  They can't all be right, can they?  People can and do use the Bible to make Jesus into who they want Him to be or who they think He is instead of who He really is.  Does that make sense?

 

Purple Sage is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off