Crunchy Christian Mamas in 2011 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 306 Old 10-21-2011, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

are you ok?

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#242 of 306 Old 10-22-2011, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I'm OK.

#243 of 306 Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 PM

Just wanted to chime in as another crunchy Christian mama :D.  Subbing :D

Wife to PJ. Mommy to Jacob, Summer, & Owen.
#244 of 306 Old 10-26-2011, 12:59 PM

Welcome all the new moms and dad!!!!

NEED a shower (baby) gift ASAP..... I was invited to a shower for a woman at the church we are going and I don't know her and NOTHING left on her REG to get. At least nothing good. The shower is SAT!!! Help

#245 of 306 Old 10-28-2011, 08:37 PM

Has anyone gotten the child a Bible?  perhaps a small cross on a chain for special occaisons.  these thing are great because they can grow with the child.     If it is a girl jewelry is always good.  A little bracelet is always so nice.  Money.  money is always a good bet.  

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#246 of 306 Old 10-29-2011, 08:00 AM

I'm going to give the mom the gift. Mothering teas and some other things for after the baby. I know that money is always good, but I like to give a gift. I'm also going to give her a little mother's devotional that I found.

Thanks!

OH and a MOTHERING mag. I don't like giving them away, but I love them as a ref.

#247 of 306 Old 10-29-2011, 01:04 PM

giving something to the mom is always good.

#248 of 306 Old 10-29-2011, 05:35 PM

Just here checking out this forum ,there are christians on mothering ! halleluya :)
Karma momma, Praise Jesus!!! congratulations :)
Thats is me too, I was crunchy for all my life and was saved 4 years ago. I have yet to meet anyone like me or hear of any till now ..awesome!
Check out  ihop.org we're are out here serving Jesus with them right now ,then off to CA. 
Many blessings ladies,
Raya

treehugger.gifbftoddler.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by karma_momma View Post

Hello! I have been crunchy for many years but was saved this past Sunday. Just wanted to jump in and connect with you mommas. Can anyone recommend some crunchy christian blogs? Thanks!

#249 of 306 Old 11-01-2011, 08:10 AM

Did anyone reading a good book? Need a new one.

#250 of 306 Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya Sunshine View Post

Just here checking out this forum ,there are christians on mothering ! halleluya :)
Karma momma, Praise Jesus!!! congratulations :)
Thats is me too, I was crunchy for all my life and was saved 4 years ago. I have yet to meet anyone like me or hear of any till now ..awesome!
Check out  ihop.org we're are out here serving Jesus with them right now ,then off to CA. 
Many blessings ladies,
Raya

treehugger.gifbftoddler.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpghomeschool.gif

You're in my neck of the woods!  There are a lot of crunchy Christian moms in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post

Did anyone reading a good book? Need a new one.

Generous Justice by Tim Keller

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#251 of 306 Old 11-03-2011, 11:19 AM

I will have to see if the library has it. THANKS!

#252 of 306 Old 11-03-2011, 02:58 PM

Hi, CrunchyChristianMama  nice to meet you :-) .Oh yes I know im at IHOP-KC there are lots of christian crunchy mommies ,but few that were crunchy first and christian later  those are a rare breed ;-)  We will only be here till summer but if you or anyone you know does playdate /parkdays we homeschool and I have  3 and my 3year old and 8yr old would love to hangout with some other kids and play,so let me know.

Blessings :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyChristianMama View Post

You're in my neck of the woods!  There are a lot of crunchy Christian moms in the area.

Generous Justice by Tim Keller

#253 of 306 Old 11-09-2011, 10:28 AM

Hey everyone!!! LOVING Fall this year. The colors!

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm going tomorrow for my 20wk U/S. This is going so soSOOOSSSOOOO fast. I'm not sure that I want to know if it is a girl/boy. I so want another boy. BUT this is so much of a surprise that as long as she/he is healthy.

God greatly bless you gals 

#254 of 306 Old 11-17-2011, 01:46 PM

mamaecho Please let us know when you have the baby....how are you feeling.....was thinking about you today.

#255 of 306 Old 11-18-2011, 06:10 PM

Holy mole!  I cannot believe you are 20 weeks already.  That's awesome.

Hey can you guys pray for me.  Its been a rough couple of months.  I was dating a guy for a while.  We had an awkward undefined relationship and we finally defined it before he left the country for undefined period of time.  but then he started talking about all of sudden really wanting to get married and have kids and he was changing I could tell.  I was so excited.  God was answering my prayers.  Specifically and in order.  I cannot remember how things unfolded but it ended with him saying something to the effect of 'Oh my gosh!  Not you.  I would not marry you.  I am never coming back to the US."  turns out he was already engaged to someone else.  Breaking up with me slipped his mind.

Ok so I dodged a bullet (I see that now, there is way more to that story.)  And I am ok with that.  We are still friends and still talk every day.  I am afraid he is a little too dependent on me.  But whatever.  It brought up a lot of crap though.  About being unlovable and alone.  And all kinds of crap.

So i asked a few hundred people to pray that God would provide me a husband.  My priest suggested online dating (it is a small faith community here) .

Long story short....

And now I have met someone amazing (and  few weirdos).  I don't know where things will go or what but we will definitely end up as friends.  He is way to much fun to let completely slip away.  i'm getting attached though and do not want that to skew my vision.    I need to think clearly at all times.  But I also want to relax and just enjoy the friendship.  And anyway...just pray for me.  We are going to meet each other face to face for realsies soon.  (He actually lives pretty close to me) So nervous. 

#256 of 306 Old 11-19-2011, 05:21 AM

hug2.gif I wish that we lived closer I would come over and give you the hug in person!!! Christian dating can be so hard. You think that you are "dating" and then you are NOT. I had something like this happen to me. LONG STORY!!!!

I will pray that you will find someone.

#257 of 306 Old 11-19-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:

hug2.gif I wish that we lived closer I would come over and give you the hug in person!!! Christian dating can be so hard. You think that you are "dating" and then you are NOT. I had something like this happen to me. LONG STORY!!!!

I will pray that you will find someone.

I know, right !?  I met this guy online and I am just smitten.  I am afraid it will keep me from seeing potholes.

And thank you.  You are so sweet.

#258 of 306 Old 11-23-2011, 07:35 AM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

#259 of 306 Old 11-29-2011, 06:32 AM

Had a weird thing happen. What you think......I was speaking to the pastor and his wife came running up and just started talkingeyesroll.gif. She just butt in. The real weird thing is this, My husband told me later that he watch her make a b-line right for us as soon as she saw as talking. We were not "alone" or even close together or anything. I felt like I was doing something, I don't know "wrong? I was just asking him a question. I don't know what to think about it.

OH also some other thinks have happened to my husband. Maybe they don't like us? If that is the case...let us know.?

I don't want to go this church. greensad.gif

#260 of 306 Old 11-29-2011, 06:34 AM

OH sorry for spell and stuff my 2 yr is b/f

#261 of 306 Old 11-30-2011, 07:35 PM

ok she is clearly insecure.   I mean, people talk to their pastors.   Its kinda his job.  But I also think it would be sweet of you to consider her comfort level (Without feeling bad for anything you have done because you have not done anything wrong.).  Maybe try to befriend her.  or be blunt and ask her if there is a reason she feels uncomfortable with you talking to her husband and would it make her feel better if your husband was with you when you spoke to him.  I don't know.  Maybe you just need to find another church.  This one doesn't really seem to have anything to recommend it.

#262 of 306 Old 12-01-2011, 06:00 AM

bless you naz, was it you having a hard time finding a church for a while too? Maybe it was someone else, Ive been away for a while. Ill pray about it for you. I dont know what advice to give tho. That is wierd.

Oh and I was going thru the thread and noticed you had been looking for a good book. Not sure if you're still looking but I am currently reading The Way of the Master by Ray Comfort. Very challenging read. Very good book. Also another one is Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna. Its about all the research his group's done and all the parents who raise kids to be a mighty force in God's kingdom. GOOD stuff, very challenging.

Hugs to you. ALL of you, my sisters in Christ!!! Isnt Jesus awesome!!

gen

#263 of 306 Old 12-01-2011, 11:18 AM

Lilyka- Yes, you are right. It just was a little to much. We were out in the open.? I will try to talk to her.

Gen- Thanks. Yes I have been looking for a church. BUT my husband wants to stay here and sssooooo.

My friend gave me Pagan Christianity. Very good book. Putting yours on my list.

#264 of 306 Old 12-02-2011, 12:53 PM

Looking forward to christmas this year. Do you gals plans? anything special?

We celebrate Chanukkah at my house. I love the holiday. As we light the candles we each say what we are thankful for.

#265 of 306 Old 12-02-2011, 03:15 PM

We are gearing up.  i can't believe how fast the season is zipping by.  we have no snow yet (glory to God!!!) and today was the first day I walked outside and was genuinely cold.  So at least it felt a little more Christmas-y.  The tree is up and lighted.  We celebrate St Nicholas day on the 6th (which means I need some stocking stuffers freaking fast....) and then the next week is St Lucia's feast day.  The next week is the Christmas program at church.  and I believe Christmas it the next.  in the middle of all that I have a couple of band concerts, a Christmas recital, the symphony's Christmas concert (a customer gives my family free tickets!  How awesome is that), and  a trip to see my man friend ;).  It is a rediculously busy month ahead of me.  All the festivities though, so exciting.  And of course work is hoppin' and I can barely keep up.

hey all this reminds me...what do you think of this dress (it is important...did I mention the blessing of a guy who actually likes me and thinks I am beautiful...yeah I have body issues.  And about everything I have an issue with he has a thing for.  yes!!!)  anyway  http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Party-Dresses/BR008/Womens-Silk-Chiffon-Dress.html

#266 of 306 Old 12-03-2011, 03:40 AM

That dress is beautiful and ONLY $194... What a bargain!! lol. It is very pretty tho. Are you actually buying that particular dress or one like it?

#267 of 306 Old 12-03-2011, 05:47 AM

So busy. Nice dress.  Who's the guy;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka View Post

We are gearing up.  i can't believe how fast the season is zipping by.  we have no snow yet (glory to God!!!) and today was the first day I walked outside and was genuinely cold.  So at least it felt a little more Christmas-y.  The tree is up and lighted.  We celebrate St Nicholas day on the 6th (which means I need some stocking stuffers freaking fast....) and then the next week is St Lucia's feast day.  The next week is the Christmas program at church.  and I believe Christmas it the next.  in the middle of all that I have a couple of band concerts, a Christmas recital, the symphony's Christmas concert (a customer gives my family free tickets!  How awesome is that), and  a trip to see my man friend ;).  It is a rediculously busy month ahead of me.  All the festivities though, so exciting.  And of course work is hoppin' and I can barely keep up.

hey all this reminds me...what do you think of this dress (it is important...did I mention the blessing of a guy who actually likes me and thinks I am beautiful...yeah I have body issues.  And about everything I have an issue with he has a thing for.  yes!!!)  anyway  http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Party-Dresses/BR008/Womens-Silk-Chiffon-Dress.html

#268 of 306 Old 12-04-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:

Looking forward to christmas this year. Do you gals plans? anything special?

We are Catholic, so we celebrate Advent in preparation for the coming of Our Lord, and then the Christmas season from Christmas Eve until Ephiphany.

We are doing the Advent Adventure from Holy Heroes, a Jesse Tree, the Advent wreath (of course), and DD has a "sacrifice manger".

We celebrate St.Nicholas Day on the 6th (also my birthday!)- I need to get some oranges and candy canes.

Proud Catholic transtichel.gif(28) and mama to Vdust.gif (7)

#269 of 306 Old 12-04-2011, 02:16 PM

PatienceAndLove- I just learned about the Jesse Tree. I think that next year that I do that.

HAPPY B-DAYjoy.gif

#270 of 306 Old 12-04-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:

PatienceAndLove- I just learned about the Jesse Tree. I think that next year that I do that.

HAPPY B-DAYjoy.gif

We are really enjoying the Jesse Tree!  I made my own ornaments from free clipart off the internet, and then we colored them.  My mom is going to laminate them after Christmas so we can save them for next year.

Here's the link to my FB Advent/Christmas album- you can see pictures of the the first 4 ornaments.

(it would probably help to give the link, eh?)

Proud Catholic transtichel.gif(28) and mama to Vdust.gif (7)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page