Christian SAHM & Tithing - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-17-2011, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Now that I am a SAHM, I feel like I still need to tithe. I don't have a garden, so I can't tithe 10% of our produce. And, I tithe more than 10% of my time (so to speak), but I did that even while I was working and tithing on my income. If I just forget about tithing... I don't quite feel that it's right. But, maybe it just is.  Any thoughts... or what do you do?  Same for offerings.

Super Mom.  Super Wife.  Super Tired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-17-2011, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We tithe on any income.  Usually that's just dh's, but if I do babysitting, or sell a quilt, 10% goes in the tithe envelope.  I don't feel like I, individually, am not tithing, because dh and I are "one" spiritually speaking, and all income is "ours", and thus all tithe is coming from us as a unit.

#3 of 5 Old 01-17-2011, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Ah yes, I agree about being "one".  Before I became a SAHM, I earned good money.  And, my DH has always given more for offerings than I even before we were married. So, I feel like whatever he decides is more than enough... but I don't feel like it's coming from my heart.  I feel like I don't have to worry... he's got us covered... and that bothers me.

Hmmmm. And, it just dawned on my.  My DH is open to me giving offering to wherever I felt.  I just never told him where/what.  So, I think this will solve it for me... I could feel like it comes from my heart.

Wow, posting this here really helped me think this through.  :)

Super Mom.  Super Wife.  Super Tired.
#4 of 5 Old 01-17-2011, 07:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Do you and your husband keep your finances separate?  Either way, you contribute to that tithe by making sure it is there.  By being a good steward with the rest of it.  By being frugal and wise and modest in your spending.  Just because he brings home the money and writes the check does not mean that you have no responsibility in the tithe.    Everything either of you does with money will effect the tithe and the one earning the money to give the tithe.  Let your whole life be led in a way that enables you, as a family, to give joyfully and freely.  Not just your tithe but offerings and gifts and alms as well.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#5 of 5 Old 01-17-2011, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We don't tithe money, we tithe goods/food.  I almost always donate our clothes/goods to Christian organizations or we buy extra food and donate to the food bank. 

lady.gifLacey, wife to an emerging author notes.gif,  mama to whistling.gif(6),bikenew.gif(4),  angel1.gif our Angel Faith born to Heaven April 2013 & Expecting our Rainbow Baby #4 July 2014 luxlove.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page