Any Conservative Anabaptists / Plain People here? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-24-2011, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know it's a long shot, but it can't hurt to ask.  =)

I know many don't have internet, but some do, so.... anyone?  Want to have our own thread?tea6.gif

(By conservative anabaptist, I mean something along the lines of plain dress, head covering, literal sermon on the mount, no remarriage, non-resistant, non-accumulation, etc.... Not that you have to be all of that, just giving a general idea...)

#2 of 3 Old 01-24-2011, 06:59 PM

I'm sort of.

I feel very, very comfortable among the plain people, and was raised in various anabaptist churches.  Still dresses and headcoverings.  Dh and I are not 100% non resistant but are violence averse. Dh had no knowledge of "Plain People" growing up in his country.  He loves my Plain friends but is uncomfortable with the "laws" and requirements, so we have moved in a slightly different direction since we married.  Otherwise I probably would have found a conservative Mennonite church at some point.

#3 of 3 Old 01-24-2011, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

I have read a lot of your posts, so I wasn't surprised.smile.gif   I wonder if we are the only two on here.  I know the like-minded church in our area doesn't allow internet access (although they somehow can have an email account without it.

We were both raised just 'average American,' maybe going to an evangelical church here and there, and a few masses too.  We both feel like we found Jesus in our mid-twenties, and in trying to sift through all the church dogma and get down to what Jesus actually said.... we ended up finding out were Conservative Anabaptist (something we had never heard of before). 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page