February Pagan Circle - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 296 Old 02-26-2011, 10:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well a week and half in to soy free (plus the previous dairy free) has been pretty successful.  DS is missing a few foods (hot dog buns and chocolate chips).  I serve reindeer sausage on a somewhat regular basis and he never really at the bun, but heaven forbid a bun is not an option - and meltdown. I totally get the chocolate chip thing though. One store in town (actually in the state) sells soy-free dairy-free chocolate chips but they are out of stock for another week at least. And today we were at a cafe - I had a coffee, he had a OJ, DD nursed. As part of a weeklong festival (Fur Rondy - cari!!) they had free hot chocolate for the kids. A waitress came by 4 times offering it to him when she noticed he was drinking juice. Each time I told he was allergic and was enjoying his juice. Come on, lady. He's 3  and would love a cup of hot chocolate- now you're just making us feel bad, especially considering we had been outside for 2 hours in 0 degree F wind chill weather watching a parade and sled dog races. I'd understand if it was super busy or they had more than 8 tables. Argh.

Overall we had a great day.  Parade with a 100+ foot ice worm and a pirate ship. Sled dog races. Fireworks.

Yippee for healthy pregnant mommas and soon-to-be-here babies!! Congratulations SA and Clay.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#272 of 296 Old 02-27-2011, 06:43 AM

Liza- What is an ice worm? Is a carved sculpture type thing, or something that develops in the winter? The festival sounds fun. Poor ds, some people are just clueless. People seem to feel sorry for me for not eating dairy- honestly, it isn't that big a deal.

Clay- So, how are you doing? How are you feeling?

Not much to report, i met a wonderful woman the other day, she is a medium and lives in LilyDale. I hope to get together with her soon. She shares a lot of the same beliefs as I do, so we have a lot in common. Plus, I would love to learn more about Lily Dale, so having a friend who lives there would be a great bonus.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#273 of 296 Old 02-27-2011, 06:55 AM

liza, i love your posts. a 100 foot ice worm? ds would have loved that. hugs on the buns and cocoa. my ds would be the same way. :-( 

mo3~ yay hon. i've been thinking about you! do you have snow today? squeee! mt lemmon is coated in it. looks like someone sifted powdered sugar all over it........... 

SA~ oh, hon. i am happy to loose out on your company because you're in your DDC! but i do miss you. :-) i am knee deep in reading about FEs and cell salts and homeopathics, so forgive me for my mind automatically going there, but has anyone suggested silica cell salts for your DD? i tried to PM you, but mdc has been fussy with me, and wouldnt let me..... 

dok, when is your testing? i forget. i've been thinking of you, and hoping for good answers! 

clay, huzzah for focusing on happy things now! and yay for decisions made <phew>. SO. now. what's the plan for YOU, lady? for these odd symptoms and mysterious bits and your need for health and healing? hmmm? i will start to harass you.......... i dont give a hoot if you use cell salts or FEs or tapping or magic apples, but i DO care. very much. that you do do SOMETHING. because i love you and i need to know that you are well. or, well... i'll just have to get on a plane and come out and start forcing cell salts and FEs on you myself. just so you know. you've been warned. with love of course, but warned. 

#274 of 296 Old 02-27-2011, 06:58 AM

aeress, yay for meeting new potential friends! what's lilydale? sounds loverly. 

#275 of 296 Old 02-27-2011, 11:30 AM

Ice Worms: They are a small (0.25 inch/1 cm) worm that lives on glaciers.  A nearby community has an ice worm festival earler in Feb. So of course the "Ice Worm Queen" rode in our parade along with other 'royalty.'  Behind her was the chinese dragon-style

http://www.nichols.edu/departments/glacier/iceworm.htm -- has some good pictures of the real thing.

http://dilly-dallydays.blogspot.com/2011/02/happy-iceworm-festival.html -- here is somebody's blog entry on the ice worm festival. At the bottom are some pictures of the giant ice worm.

I have to say I am all about goofy mid-winter festivals. Ours now happens the week before the Iditarod Sled Dog Race begins. By the time that race is over, its Equinox and we are in the home stretch for winter. I love being able to have some fun winter time in real sunlight after work!! (insert happy dance)

Clay - since you're swimming in milk but have sensitivity issues.  What about making some cottage cheese or ricotta with some of the abundance. You can get soe creamy cheesey fixwhile consumng a lot less. I think a little ricotta gives a high satisfaction factor.  I wonder if the acid might alter the protein ust enough too to make it tolerable.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#276 of 296 Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

I had one batch of testing done.  RA is negative.  Doc thinks it's regular arthritis but haven't heard anything further from her.  Oh, and I never got the results from the heart monitor I wore so I need to call about that.  This is one thing I hate about large doc complexes... You simply don't get personalized service.  They forget to call ALL the time.

Also my doc was supposed to test for Lyme... but mistakenly ordered another vit D test instead.  Duh.  And she hasn't even mentioned the mistake... I just noticed it on the list of test results online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

dok, when is your testing? i forget. i've been thinking of you, and hoping for good answers! 

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#277 of 296 Old 02-27-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View PostWell a week and half in to soy free (plus the previous dairy free) has been pretty successful.  DS is missing a few foods (hot dog buns and chocolate chips).  I serve reindeer sausage on a somewhat regular basis and he never really at the bun, but heaven forbid a bun is not an option - and meltdown. I totally get the chocolate chip thing though. One store in town (actually in the state) sells soy-free dairy-free chocolate chips but they are out of stock for another week at least. And today we were at a cafe - I had a coffee, he had a OJ, DD nursed. As part of a weeklong festival (Fur Rondy - cari!!) they had free hot chocolate for the kids. A waitress came by 4 times offering it to him when she noticed he was drinking juice. Each time I told he was allergic and was enjoying his juice. Come on, lady. He's 3  and would love a cup of hot chocolate- now you're just making us feel bad, especially considering we had been outside for 2 hours in 0 degree F wind chill weather watching a parade and sled dog races. I'd understand if it was super busy or they had more than 8 tables. Argh.

Overall we had a great day.  Parade with a 100+ foot ice worm and a pirate ship. Sled dog races. Fireworks.

That's just mean. Well...in defense of the server, sometimes we (I was one for years) get kind of ditzy, especially when there's not much going on, because you get like...did I check on those people? How long ago? Plus, it's a kid, and if she doesn't have kids it's just habit/"natural" for them to offer the craziest things, over and over and over. Not an excuse-- servers, especially those w/o kids, need to be more conscious. I remember seeing an old friend who I used to hang with in my drinking days. I hadn't seen him since then. He and I went out for lunch. I'd been sober a number of years and had my ds by then, who was maybe...just over two? And we're at the restaurant and I had to pee, and I was gone Just That Long, and when I came back this guy said "I gave your boy a sip of my Mountain Dew, OK?" I was like, are you out of your freaking mind? Mt.Dew for a 2yo? But that's how childless people think. It's crazy.

Another story-- there used to be this single man that came into my restaurant on a regular basis. He was in his 40s maybe. He liked to dine alone and he ordered the same thing every time, and he liked to read while eating, and be left alone. He was an utter @hole a lot of the time and most of the servers were driven back to the kitchen in tears. But if you could stand him, he was an awesome tipper. He ended up being my customer only, because I could gauge when to talk and when not to, and when to offer the next course or the next carafe of wine, and when (or whether) to check on him.

This server of yours could have used some Paying Attention Muscles to see that your ds didn't need anything else, and she should have been able to read your body language and signals to know that you were getting annoyed and wanted to be left alone. That doesn't bode well for good tips!

What is it he can't have? Dairy and soy, right? What kind of "milk" can he have, if any?

Can he have carob? What's in chocolate chips that he can't have? I mean-- yes, I know carob is no sub for chocolate. But it's not bad, especially once you get used to it. And if you said "carob chip cookies" and didn't pretend they're a good sub for chocolate...well, maybe. Just trying to throw ideas out there for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View PostLiza- What is an ice worm? Is a carved sculpture type thing, or something that develops in the winter? The festival sounds fun. Poor ds, some people are just clueless. People seem to feel sorry for me for not eating dairy- honestly, it isn't that big a deal.

Not much to report, i met a wonderful woman the other day, she is a medium and lives in LilyDale. I hope to get together with her soon. She shares a lot of the same beliefs as I do, so we have a lot in common. Plus, I would love to learn more about Lily Dale, so having a friend who lives there would be a great bonus.

Those ice worms look VILE grossedout.gif Sorry but the pix of them and the descriptions...they really squick me out. DS said "remind me never to go live there!" lol.gif

What's LilyDale? I swear you may have mentioned that a long time ago.

So, M....he got the paper out of his safe this morning. He said her signature is right on there. But his is not. He said there's not even a place for his. So now I'm going to go find mine and see what that one looks like. Even if it's NC and not MA. They can't be all that different.

OK, aweyn...I relent. They have that FE at one, just one of the HFSs around here. I went to one; they have a ton, but not the one we talked about. So I had to call the other two and had a devil of a time finding the phone number of the last one-- which is where they have it. For only $6-9!! So yay me. I guess redface.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#278 of 296 Old 02-27-2011, 02:48 PM

http://makingfoodandotherstuff.wordpress.com/2010/02/02/no-gluten-no-soy-no-dairy-no-problem/

I wonder if this would help anybody on here? I dunno...I'm not doing chocolate right now, except for cocoa powder, but man, this looks YUMMY.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#279 of 296 Old 02-27-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

he has a paper. I don't know that he ever looked at it that closely to see if her signature is on there or not. You know how men can be sometimes eyesroll.gif He just told me (on phone now)-- I asked "Did you never look on there to see if her signature's on there?" and he said "I dunno. It's in the safe". GRRR. Men.

Off to bed soon. It's been a LONG day!

H neeeeeeds to see if that paper is the 'final decree of divorce'  if it is, then the divorce is legal.  I wouldn't trust her word as far as I could throw her scheming arse honestly.    He needs to contact legal aid or a paralegaln that works in divorce law, they will be able to advise him.  They will also be able to tell him if there is a way to get around her threats of extortion ;)   Plus if he has to refile, it makes her look like the arse that she is with the legal types :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post

http://dilly-dallydays.blogspot.com/2011/02/happy-iceworm-festival.html -- here is somebody's blog entry on the ice worm festival. At the bottom are some pictures of the giant ice worm.

I have to say I am all about goofy mid-winter festivals. Ours now happens the week before the Iditarod Sled Dog Race begins. By the time that race is over, its Equinox and we are in the home stretch for winter. I love being able to have some fun winter time in real sunlight after work!! (insert happy dance)

Clay - since you're swimming in milk but have sensitivity issues.  What about making some cottage cheese or ricotta with some of the abundance. You can get soe creamy cheesey fixwhile consumng a lot less. I think a little ricotta gives a high satisfaction factor.  I wonder if the acid might alter the protein ust enough too to make it tolerable.

OMG it's fur rondy time!!!   Omg did I love that when I lived there lol...crazy people pretending they aren't freezing their backsides off doing all sorts of nutty stuff :)  the ice & snow sculptures were always my favorites! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

I had one batch of testing done.  RA is negative.  Doc thinks it's regular arthritis but haven't heard anything further from her.  Oh, and I never got the results from the heart monitor I wore so I need to call about that.  This is one thing I hate about large doc complexes... You simply don't get personalized service.  They forget to call ALL the time.

Also my doc was supposed to test for Lyme... but mistakenly ordered another vit D test instead.  Duh.  And she hasn't even mentioned the mistake... I just noticed it on the list of test results online.

Good news about the RA at least,  it's a real bear to have to live with.  My doc has 'mis' ordered a test before too... those silly computer generated forms where they just click click click the selections are a bit easy to do that with... is there any way you can call and ask the doc to phone the lab and tryt o get it added??

I'm off to go drop off our notice of intent to leave form to the real estate agent :D    We figure if I put my whole paycheck in the saving acct until the end of this month (well, providing my job doesn't go poof friday lol but then I'd still get one more check)  we should have almost enough cash to handle the rental bond & such :)  And I'm ordering boxes today!

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#280 of 296 Old 02-27-2011, 07:45 PM

Dh is doing better. he has gone through this once before. he quit drinking for 4 months. so he knows wat to expect. he is willing to get therapy but not willing to go to treatment again or meetings :( but he hasnt drank either so.... i am not pushing anything.

we also have to deal with my changed diet. there are alot of foods i cant have. and DH got cranky today when i said i couldnt buy BBQ sauce. it all has HFCS in it. we did make out own and it was pretty good, but it still had 3 ingredients that i wasnt supposed to have. mainly ketchup. no tomatoes. :( but he got over it. it is hard for him to accept change. he keeps asking why everybody has to change their diet for me. i said "we cant afford to feed the whole family the same way we were and then buy me a bunch of my own food". i have to make and serve food i can eat too. he keeps trying to get me to try some of his honey mustard. i keep telling him i cant have honey and it has HFCS in it. he acts like i am taking away all flavor sometimes. yay for dealing with that and withdrawals from drinking. i somehow have been keeping my peace. going to church every sunday helps. and the longer i go without HFCS the better i feel and the more emotional control i have.

Hugs to everybody. thanks for the support.

clay- hugs on the milk thing.

i had selected multi quote but nothing came through. Hugs to everybody!!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#281 of 296 Old 02-27-2011, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Good evening everyone! 

I thought I'd get a head start on my Monday Morning Multiquote!

Lioness - thanks for the update - it is such a rough coincidence of circumstances for your family.  You seem to be handling it all with strength and grace.

I found a copy of the AA serenity prayer embroidered on linen at the thrift store years ago and I couldn't resist buying it and reframing it to hang.  I imagine the unknown embroiderer sewing it as part of a commitment to sobriety - or part of a commitment to a healthy understanding of a loved one's battle with addiction.  I remember my dad when I see it, and well, such things have power, I truly believe.  I should choose something to embroider - been years since I've done something like that.  Would taking on a creative project as part of a commitment to sobriety make sense for your dh?  He's a musician, right?

Dok  - glad that RA is ruled out - how frustrating that the lyme test was missed.  That is an important thing to check.  I am not saying that you should abandon your medical quest for answers at all but I am wondering about cell salts for your symptoms?  

There is a thread in Health and Healing, which includes my recent post about taking some  particular salts on the advice of the experts on that thread for migraines and for a carpal tunnel issue last week. The improvement was so dramatic in both cases that I still can't wrap my head around it. And cell salts are pretty cheap - pennies a dose.  Cheaper in the States - 500 tabs for eight dollars, or something?

I keep thinking -- all the migraines I've had for 20 years, all the ways that migraines have limited my life, all the bleeping pain and nausea and darkened rooms - and a few doses of Ferr phos and Mag phos cell salts just dissolved away the pain in minutes....not temp relief of some symptoms, the migraine that usually lasts 3 days was just *gone*.  Sorry to go on about it, but I am just bewildered by this (in a good way!).

Clay - so happy for your news.  Pfft to anyone who is not happy for you.  There is no wealth like good news about health and babies to come.  (And I hope, with aweyn, that you are takiing care of *you* mama.  I know exactly what it's like to put off self care due to an unplanned pg.  Wishing you health and strength to give your babes what they need and still have some for yourself.)  Boo on the confirmation of milk allergy.  Milk is so -easy.  I like the cheesemaking suggestion - have heard that mozzarella is easy enough to make.  Though better if you can just switch the coupons for cheese or veg that your family *will* eat.

Spent half the day watching the first season of Highlander while entering receipts for my taxes - dh was a huge fan when it first came out and yet somehow I've never seen it.  Lots of fun.  Made me think of you, Cari, for some reason.  Did you ever mention Highlander?

Liza - ice worms?  Isn't that something you get in a drink too, like tequila?  Wish the server had offered some chamomile tea or cider or some child-friendly alternative to hot choc!   Otherwise, sounds like a fun day.

I had some really nice herbal coffee/chocolate drink that had no coffee or caffeine in it at my hfs last week.  It was $10 for a smallish bag so I didn't buy it, but I've been thinking of sending dh back for it.

Maia - really hope that M's ex was just being a nasty ditz and there is no real concern.  How is M?   

Have a good night and a lovely morning, all!

#282 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

I'm off to go drop off our notice of intent to leave form to the real estate agent :D 

Woohoo!  Exciting!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#283 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 05:43 AM

LOL to ice worms!

And lol to the health "warning" too.  not sure how it'll play out yet, but reminders are good.  I know it'll be a big chunk of my TM though!

WIC- I was thinking yogurt (easy peasy and with the lactose broken down DH/I can eat it without much to-do) but cheese could be fun.  And those 15 gallons represent the LEAST amount of milk possible!  The nutritionist and I went through every check and swapped out every possible milk alternative.  Which leaves 15 gallons of milk "required".  It's tough because in NY you have to get every item printed on your ticket, so if you want the rice, beans, cereal, and peanut butter you HAVE to get the two gallons of milk too.  I'm really thankful the program is there, but they're not kidding when they say it's more of a farm/ag subsidy program than a nutritional security program.

Rain on snow... the roads look dangerous!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#284 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

Good evening everyone! 

I thought I'd get a head start on my Monday Morning Multiquote!

Lioness - thanks for the update - it is such a rough coincidence of circumstances for your family.  You seem to be handling it all with strength and grace.

I found a copy of the AA serenity prayer embroidered on linen at the thrift store years ago and I couldn't resist buying it and reframing it to hang.  I imagine the unknown embroiderer sewing it as part of a commitment to sobriety - or part of a commitment to a healthy understanding of a loved one's battle with addiction.  I remember my dad when I see it, and well, such things have power, I truly believe.  I should choose something to embroider - been years since I've done something like that.  Would taking on a creative project as part of a commitment to sobriety make sense for your dh?  He's a musician, right?

I keep thinking -- all the migraines I've had for 20 years, all the ways that migraines have limited my life, all the bleeping pain and nausea and darkened rooms - and a few doses of Ferr phos and Mag phos cell salts just dissolved away the pain in minutes....not temp relief of some symptoms, the migraine that usually lasts 3 days was just *gone*.  Sorry to go on about it, but I am just bewildered by this (in a good way!).

actually my DH is a carpenter. and so are all his friends and family... who he works with... and drank with. he now has 7 days sober, i am trying to not get all excited but everyone can tell i am happier. less stressed.

that embroidery sounds neat. i wish DH would take up a hobby or something that involves sober people but all he wants to do is run around with his friends so he has been sitting at home. he will figure it out. i can only suggest things. he has been more involved with the kids. DD1 really helps with that bc all she wants is her daddy. she was his first kid he got to live with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

WIC- I was thinking yogurt (easy peasy and with the lactose broken down DH/I can eat it without much to-do) but cheese could be fun.  And those 15 gallons represent the LEAST amount of milk possible!  The nutritionist and I went through every check and swapped out every possible milk alternative.  Which leaves 15 gallons of milk "required".  It's tough because in NY you have to get every item printed on your ticket, so if you want the rice, beans, cereal, and peanut butter you HAVE to get the two gallons of milk too.  I'm really thankful the program is there, but they're not kidding when they say it's more of a farm/ag subsidy program than a nutritional security program.

here we can get milk with acidophilus or lactaid milk. me and the DD's still cant drink it but i give the acidophilus kind to DH, DSD, and DS.

all the stuff they give me i cant eat either except the beans. they give you brown rice but i can only have the white. i cant drink juice or eat wheat bread. they do buy sugar free nautral peanut butter though. and all the cereal still has brown sugar or molasses in it. arrgh. i too think it is just a program to support ag. i do like the fruit and veggies checks. i can buy broccoli. :shrug. you could always give the milk away but dont tell wic. they get mad if you dont give the food back to them when you dont need it.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#285 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 07:07 AM

Morning lovely ladies!  Since Multi-quote does not love me right now- here we go!!:

Maia - hugs to M for the sheenangians his ex is playing... boooooo!  I hope it gets all straightened out right quick!

Cari - Sounds like fun & happy house hunting vibes!

Liza - ice worms!! That sounds like a very fun festival!

Clay - Can you turn that milk into Kefir? Can your family drink that? Yay for your plan for the girls! and Yay for healthy ok for you & that new bebe!! woohooo!

Aubergine - I love thrifty finds!

LM - way to hang tough with your diet! and Hugs to you for supporting your DH through this tough time *hugs*

DOK - bummer for the mis-testing, but yay that its not RA.  I have a friend in her late 20's with it and yowza - it does such a number on the body.

Well the protests are still raging on here in WI and it is becoming almost a way of life here. I finally dug into a magickal book I ordered awhile ago and holy moses it was the *perfect* read for me. Its Ellen Dugan's Natural Witchery and it just hit home for me with some of the ideas and workings.  I like her writing style and what seems to be down to earth practicality about things.

I can't wait to get another one of her books... trying to decide as my birthday is coming up this month *squeeeeeeee*

Work will be my lion of the month...so here's hoping it will go out like a lamb by the end of March.  I can't believe its almost MARCH...sweet love where is the time going?

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#286 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

LM - way to hang tough with your diet! and Hugs to you for supporting your DH through this tough time *hugs*

I finally dug into a magickal book I ordered awhile ago and holy moses it was the *perfect* read for me. Its Ellen Dugan's Natural Witchery and it just hit home for me with some of the ideas and workings.  I like her writing style and what seems to be down to earth practicality about things.

I can't wait to get another one of her books... trying to decide as my birthday is coming up this month *squeeeeeeee*

i love her books! they resonate with me as well. and now i must borrow them from the library again.

i want thin mints whaaaaaaaa. but they ahve HFCS in them :( Lemonades are the only girl scout cookie without HFCS but it has other stuff. i almost dont care.... :) if i want that kind of stuff i have to make it at home so i can make sure to only add what i can have.

#287 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 07:49 AM

treehugger.gif

Winter storm here... cold.gif Like Mother Nature had to remind us that despite this week being "Spring Break" it isn't Spring yet...

Lots of things going on... The putting my foot down, setting limits, taking distance kind of things... Not easy but so needed. redface.gif

Clay, do you have a yogourt maker or a dehydrator? I make yogourt according to the SCD diet and the 24 to 36 hours long process is said to break down all the lactose so the end product is virtually lactose free. wink1.gif  It might work for you.

Valérie   
#288 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 10:13 AM

Valerie - Hope the storm is pretty and you don't have to go out too much (at least driving).

Cell salts - guess I need to research that one :) Or maybe talk to my naturopath...she would probably know.

Clay - wow...that is a lot of milk. I can't think of other ideas of what to do with that much milk then just plain giving it away (but it looks like they don't like that).

I got a bunch of paperwork done...still have more to do since I am planning/hosting this giant fancy military dinner on Saturday. I can't go in uniform because...well there isn't a mess dinner version of the maternity dress (which isn't very appealing anyways). Otherwise, I am in food land...eating and planning lots of it! Got tons of organic produce yesterday, but I agree that I would love for the farmers markets to be open. We have a big one, but it is downtown and that is just too far some days. The close one is across the street yay!

I am planning to go to a Native Full Moon Ceremony next month. Curious as to how that will go but excited to be with others.

Here is to the last day of February and hoping I can keep up in March :)

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#289 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View PostI had some really nice herbal coffee/chocolate drink that had no coffee or caffeine in it at my hfs last week.  It was $10 for a smallish bag so I didn't buy it, but I've been thinking of sending dh back for it.

Maia - really hope that M's ex was just being a nasty ditz and there is no real concern.  How is M?  

My rule for buying things is generally this: If I'm still thinking about it 24 hours later, it's meant to be mine. Of course, if it's at a thrift store, and it's not there anymore, I've missed my opportunity and maybe it wasn't meant for me.

Thank you for asking. He's...well, kind of weird. The meds make him really quiet. I miss our lively conversations, a LOT. But if they help him focus, and think, and sleep, then it's better for him. He's so moody, or, was without the meds...we're still learning one another, really, and there will be a whole new level of that when we eventually get up that way to live. Yeah-- I can't believe that level of nasty. I hope there's no real concern, too.

Does anyone know if divorce things are different by state? Like what Cari said, about it being a "final decree of divorce", does that go for every state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Posti want thin mints whaaaaaaaa. but they ahve HFCS in them :( Lemonades are the only girl scout cookie without HFCS but it has other stuff. i almost dont care.... :) if i want that kind of stuff i have to make it at home so i can make sure to only add what i can have.

I swear I saw a recipe for thin mints that you could make at home. I've been exploring that diet, too, the one Clay has recipes for...oh, whatsit called...no sugar or starch or gluten, I have to modify for honey because I can't have that either. Oh and if you want a NC BBQ recipe I have a good one! It's not thick though. It's vinegary. Very thin. But tasty! I made a whole pork roast in the crock pot with this stuff. It's what they use east-side for pulled pork BBQ, which people generally just call barbeque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View PostHere is to the last day of February andhoping I can keep up in March :)

Me, too! Who's starting the thread? I have to go upthread somewhere to find all that stuff about the Rosary Mysteries...dang, I forgot to print that part out.

#290 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 01:14 PM

Quote:

I swear I saw a recipe for thin mints that you could make at home. I've been exploring that diet, too, the one Clay has recipes for...oh, whatsit called...no sugar or starch or gluten, I have to modify for honey because I can't have that either. Oh and if you want a NC BBQ recipe I have a good one! It's not thick though. It's vinegary. Very thin. But tasty! I made a whole pork roast in the crock pot with this stuff. It's what they use east-side for pulled pork BBQ, which people generally just call barbeque. 

i cant have honey either. or acv. but i can have dwv. i made some out of ketchup (hfcs free) and mustard with hot sauce. it was good but i cant have hot sauce or ketchup either. so..... this diet is definitely confusing.

#291 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 01:15 PM

milk sensitivity..... dont throw anything at me, but there's a cell salt for that.................... <ducks>

SA~ silica is supposed to be "the" cell salt for early babes. one of the key "symptoms" is weak ankles. so, it kinda jumped out..... 

dok~ ditto aubergine on the cell salt rec. i havent had that kind of an "acute" reaction with them yet (though i've seen them in DS), but i have posted about my amazing results on some chronic things. they are astounding. shout-out-from-the-roof astounding. i want to get a ton and give them to everyone.i really think they could "cure" just about anything. i really do. 

LM~ there's a brand that makes a pseudo thin mint, i've gotten it at the HFS before. not sure it doesnt have something else you cant have, but it doesnt have HFCS..... green box, just like thin mints. dont remember the brand, though. 

i'm ready for march, and ready for warm weather! 

#292 of 296 Old 02-28-2011, 10:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It's still Feb where I am - for another 20 minutes - but I spent most of the evening dealing with head lice and I want to leave that behind in February - ugh!

Poor ds1 is feverish to start with, but I got an email from his school and, yup, I checked and he had a bad case, poor kid.  Dd, too, though the rest of us seem ok.  Nevertheless, the standard treatment of crew cuts for the boys, special shampooing and manic combing of hair and washing of bedding ensues and continues far into the night. Hated making my poor sick baby go through all that combing and washing and haircutting :-(  Also, contacting of home daycare families because as much as I hate ruining anyone else's night, I have to be up front and we all have to be vigilant and treat any cases to prevent reinfection.  Bleck.  Buh-bye, February.  Don't let the door hit your bum on the way out.....

#293 of 296 Old 03-01-2011, 03:56 AM

Good morning everyone:)

I took a few weeks of this machine just to unwind.  Not that I do much on it but sometimes I find myself living for the thing.  Okay, just a quick pop by, now off to catch up with you all.  I hope things have been going well.  Have a great day.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#294 of 296 Old 03-01-2011, 04:46 AM

come and chat in March thread! treehugger.gif

Valérie   
#295 of 296 Old 03-01-2011, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

i cant have honey either. or acv. but i can have dwv. i made some out of ketchup (hfcs free) and mustard with hot sauce. it was good but i cant have hot sauce or ketchup either. so..... this diet is definitely confusing.

Something weird is happening with my reply. I get a lot of code. It says my mobile browser can only load Basic editor. I'm on a home computer!! Huh?

Anyway what is dwv? What is in ketchup that you can't have? Sugar? Westbrae has an Unsweetened Unketchup that's pretty decent. I'm actually used to it now and regular ketchup tastes too sweet for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

green box, just like thin mints. dont remember the brand, though. 

i'm ready for march, and ready for warm weather! 

Pamela's? By chance?

#296 of 296 Old 03-02-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

Something weird is happening with my reply. I get a lot of code. It says my mobile browser can only load Basic editor. I'm on a home computer!! Huh?

Anyway what is dwv? What is in ketchup that you can't have? Sugar? Westbrae has an Unsweetened Unketchup that's pretty decent. I'm actually used to it now and regular ketchup tastes too sweet for me.

tomatoes are a fruit. i can't have fruit.

dwv = distilled white vinegar.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page