Prepping for the 2011 Treasure Map - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 293 Old 04-02-2011, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View PostI have my my 40 percent off Michaels coupon in my wallet all ready to go out for supplies on Sunday. 

Sunday? Make sure! Ours runs from Sunday to Saturday. You may have to print off a new one for tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View PostHappy Birthday!  How wonderful!

yeahthat.gif birthday.gif

I remember Sunny's flower map, too. That was cool.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#272 of 293 Old 04-02-2011, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter

We are down the final 24 hours.  

I am in the middle of a HUGE project, accent on Huge, big, enormous..did I say large?

By the time I wake up and have my morning tea 6:30 I am already 2 hours behind schedule.  Sigh.

Anyway, in that enviroment I have to cut a large swath of time to work on my map.  Frankly, I welcome it.

It will feel good to just be focused on ME.   This project is a volunteer project (how perfectly Pisces) and will wrap up on the Full Moon.

I can only imagine what this means for my year....note to self..put a lot of ME on my map.

Anyway, I will come in tomorrow and I will post The Official Treasure Map Thread for 2011.  

I wish I could go to the spa today and release all of the last 12 months, 365 days in a hot sauna.   Maybe I can squeeze it in. Or maybe I'll take a long bath.

I encourage everyone else to release last year similiarly.

And tomorrow will be the beginning of a huge year.   And just in case you are confused... I KNOW huge.

hugs

Tracy

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#273 of 293 Old 04-02-2011, 11:47 AM

Tracy, I can't make it to the sauna, but I did sunbathe for a few hours today... a definite cleansing and energizing yet super sedating (strange, huh?) experience after de-cluttering like a crazy woman all morning. DD is going down for a nap now and I'm planning to finish cleaning and organizing- maybe take a shower with some essential oils or something. DP asked to TTC in May... a big move ahead of us again thumbsup.gif and so many positive things are happening for us just these past few weeks. I'm VERY ready for a new map. I'm so awake and energetic, yet meditative and inwardly focused- if that makes any sense.

I requested tomorrow morning off work tomato.gif just for TM time...bring it on!

This may be a silly question, but if it begins tomorrow at 10:32 EST - being in Colorado, would I start a few hours earlier? Too lazy to look it up redface.gif

And DD and I made some yummy solar infusions today... they're out in the sun as she naps... Red Clover Blossoms- here I come!

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#274 of 293 Old 04-02-2011, 12:34 PM

thankyou!!! that helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

I put ALL relationships in the same area of my map the year I loosely followed the baguas. It worked, too, fwiw. I had a scene going on my map. Relationships (and a few other baguas) were on flowers. This is what I typed in my photo program for the relationship section of my map (I photographed each section).

#275 of 293 Old 04-02-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post

This may be a silly question, but if it begins tomorrow at 10:32 EST - being in Colorado, would I start a few hours earlier? Too lazy to look it up redface.gif

Not a silly question at all! 

Jumping in since it appears that Tracy's away from the computer (or at least away from MDC!) ... yes, in Colorado and zones west of the EST, you adjust accordingly, because astrologically speaking, the New Moon rises at the exact same time no matter where you are on the globe (if I'm remembering correctly).

I don't know if all of Colorado is on the same time zone, but I looked it up for Denver:  10:32 EST = 8:32 a.m. Mountain Time.

And *waves hello at Tracy* ... Yep, it's Aries New Moon Time, time for my annual, brief return to MDC to visit Tracy and the rest of the TreasureMappers, bringing a few new friends with me again, here and to your astroblog.  Thank you, as always, my dear, for sharing your wisdom on these matters with us. Can't wait to read how everyone's visions manifest this year! Whoo-hoo!

blowkiss.gif

#276 of 293 Old 04-02-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucimomster View Post

Not a silly question at all! 

Jumping in since it appears that Tracy's away from the computer (or at least away from MDC!) ... yes, in Colorado and zones west of the EST, you adjust accordingly, because astrologically speaking, the New Moon rises at the exact same time no matter where you are on the globe (if I'm remembering correctly).

I don't know if all of Colorado is on the same time zone, but I looked it up for Denver:  10:32 EST = 8:32 a.m. Mountain Time.

Thank you, lucimomster!

~*~

I work tomorrow afternoon and all day Monday and Tuesday, so I'm wondering when I'll have some good solid time to work on this. I think, to save myself some time, I'll head out tonight to get supplies and not touch them until tomorrow morning... that'll give me at least a few hours of TM time... My last 5 TMs, I've had all the time in the world to work on them... I guess my TM creative spurt will have to be intense and condensed this year. wink1.gif

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#277 of 293 Old 04-02-2011, 07:23 PM

I have two rooms left in my house to clean today. I don't think I 'm going to do it. I've spent most of the evening reflecting on family, in particular the family I don't really know. And now I feel a cleansing cry coming on, not one because of any emotion but just to release the emotion. I'm a bottler so it is required from time to time. And take a little more me time to just meditate and just be.

I hope you all get that time to do a little something for yourselves before you get to sleep tonight. Many blessings to you all as we close this year and greet the next.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (05.30.05) and married to the Rad Man
If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#278 of 293 Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 PM

Thanks ladies! (Regarding comments on my map...)

I cleared my day tomorrow and I asked my dad to watch DD for part of the day on Monday. Woo Hoo!!! Bring on treasure mapping!

I think an epsom salt bath would be perfect tonight for me... This has been an amazing year for me on a very personal level and letting go has been the theme nearly the entire time.

I still don't quite feel ready for this year to end and for a new one to begin............ I have faith, though, that it'll all work out for the best and that I will have a creative burst in the first 3 days of TM time. love.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#279 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 05:56 AM

Good morning, ladies! YAY, it's TM day! Almost. It's 9am here. I've taken down my old map, smudged myself and my son and my house, and I'm about to take a shower. Having coffee right now. I hope the link to the new thread will be posted on here! Otherwise I won't get a notice!

Happy TM day, all!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#280 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 06:03 AM

Good Morning!

I am excited to get on with the mapping.  I did not realize that we were supposed to take down the old maps, I also saw a reference to burning them do we have to do that or can we put them away out of site.

Thanks!

Last years map has been amazing.  The one area that had not been as fulfilled was house and kitchen remodel---out of the blue yesterday dh says it thing I am going to tear up the kitchen floor tormorrow!biggrinbounce.gif

#281 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 06:04 AM

Good Morning!

#282 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 06:18 AM

so excited about today!!!

just did some yoga to clear my mental space and I have an hour to clear our creative space.  My apt is not nearly as clean as I would wish, but I am being gentle on myself.

Children deserve the respect of puzzling it out.
#283 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmom View PostI did not realize that we were supposed to take down the old maps, I also saw a reference to burning them do we have to do that or can we put them away out of site.

Well, I take mine down. I want the energy of the new one. I don't burn them because I use foam board and I don't think that's environmentally sound, probably.

Now ds is saying he doesn't want to do one...and I know that's because he wants to play Nintendo all day irked.gif On one hand, I want to forbid him from it, but if I do that, he'll have a bad (epic bad) attitude about TMing, which I don't think is good for TM energy, but on the other hand, I want to let him play as it's Sunday...gah.

#284 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter

Why don't you compromise with him....  Two hours of TMing and then the rest of the day Nintendo-ing.  

#285 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 06:48 AM - Thread Starter

Ah, Lucimonster,

I miss you.  But pleased you do a drive by on MDC for Treasuremaps!

hugs to you!

#286 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Now ds is saying he doesn't want to do one...and I know that's because he wants to play Nintendo all day irked.gif On one hand, I want to forbid him from it, but if I do that, he'll have a bad (epic bad) attitude about TMing, which I don't think is good for TM energy, but on the other hand, I want to let him play as it's Sunday...gah.

I've found that TMing is kind of contagious.  Once I have everything out, I'm flipping through magazines, got my glue stick and poster board, etc. my kids just naturally get drawn to it as well.  No pressure, no forcing...it's just too much fun to pass up.

#287 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 07:24 AM

Wonder if TM time has started now or if it' in 9 minutes. We just switched to summer time last week and normally we are 6 hours ahead of EST.. So right now it's 4.23 PM here. Doesn't really matter though. We're soon off to my parents in law for dinner... And then I guess it's bedtime for three children before I can start my TM'ing....

Have a great TM period everyone! orngbiggrin.gif I'm excited. This is my second time. smile.gif
#288 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 07:33 AM

Woo hoo! Let it begin!
#289 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modmom View Post

Good Morning!

I am excited to get on with the mapping.  I did not realize that we were supposed to take down the old maps, I also saw a reference to burning them do we have to do that or can we put them away out of site.

Thanks!

Last years map has been amazing.  The one area that had not been as fulfilled was house and kitchen remodel---out of the blue yesterday dh says it thing I am going to tear up the kitchen floor tormorrow!biggrinbounce.gif

I recycled mine. Whne I pulled out the old TMs (from previous years) one still held so much energy I didn't want to let it go. The other had none and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. DS ripped off the images he liked on the energy filled TM and then I was more than happy to put it in the recycle bin. It did take me three years to let go of that one TM though. :) 

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (05.30.05) and married to the Rad Man
If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#290 of 293 Old 04-03-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

Why don't you compromise with him....  Two hours of TMing and then the rest of the day Nintendo-ing.  

Well, he changed his tune and said he wants to do one. So I let him pick out a new magazine and he was all excited, and now that we're home he is playing DS again. I keep asking him from my room, where I'm cutting out things, "Do you want a picture of ____?" or "Do you want the phrase ______?" and he's saying yeah. I think he just is looking at the whole thing as work. He's VERY adhd and gets overwhelmed at The Whole Big Picture (of anything). I don't mind cutting things out that he might use, but I do want him to get in on doing the map itself. I keep reminding him how much he manifested from last year.

Where's the new thread? Is it up yet? ~Off to check right now~

My man is doing a map, too! I can't believe it! joy.gif Maybe it's because he knows he was manifested from my map two years ago. AND, while he didn't do a map last year, he did write a very important thing that is meaningful to him on a sticky note, and that manifested bigtime. So yay!!!

#291 of 293 Old 04-20-2011, 06:44 AM

I can't believe I missed it ;-(

haven't been on MDC for a long while, but have been doing TMs for a few years now.  Started clearing things out in February and early March, then ended up with several fractures in my face at the end of March and had to have surgery.  Going to be fine, but the recovery has taken longer than I expected; completely forgot about TMapping and just realized last night that it was already end of April.  Looked up the dates and now I'm wondering if I can still do it?

Tracy or anyone else, any advice?  if I can still do it, any certain time in the near future that's better?

#292 of 293 Old 04-21-2011, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

hmmmm.  normally, i would say, wait a year until aries new moon 2012.  but I am feeling differently about this moon.  With Uranus in Aries and the Mercury retrograde..... go ahead and make a map.  let's see what it brings you.  keep me updated either on this thread or through a PM. I would like to follow the results.   good luck.

#293 of 293 Old 04-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

Interesting. I would love to hear your thoughts on this Tracy. 

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page