Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thank you!!!!

#62 of 293 Old 02-20-2011, 09:54 AM

Just wanted to share that this is going to be my first doing the TM and so in preparation, I've been de-cluttering just like you all have (I  have other reasons as well for de-cluttering) I am loving every minute of decluttering..

and every night before going to bed, I am writing down my fears, values, questions, anything that crosses my mind that is a thought/question inorder to help me clear my mind....I think it helps because I've been feeling overwhelmed not only externally with cr@p around but internally like some of you...

I am really hoping that I can use this to come up with affirmations eventually esp. about things that I fear but have not been able to put into words before.....Sorry for rambling.....just felt like sharing....

IntuitiveJamie likes this.
#63 of 293 Old 02-20-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmum View Post

Just wanted to share that this is going to be my first doing the TM and so in preparation, I've been de-cluttering just like you all have (I  have other reasons as well for de-cluttering) I am loving every minute of decluttering..

and every night before going to bed, I am writing down my fears, values, questions, anything that crosses my mind that is a thought/question inorder to help me clear my mind....I think it helps because I've been feeling overwhelmed not only externally with cr@p around but internally like some of you...

I am really hoping that I can use this to come up with affirmations eventually esp. about things that I fear but have not been able to put into words before.....Sorry for rambling.....just felt like sharing....

This sounds like an awesome way to declutter the mind!  Thanks for sharing cus I think I might start this practice or keep a journal near me to be clear my mind at the end of a day or a really cruddy experience and not let it "rent" space in my mind (thanks for that phrase Maia!!!)

-K

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#64 of 293 Old 02-20-2011, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post

did someone say we are in a good time for clean outs? i would love to make it through the entire house with clean out energy. but it is going to take some time. i don't know that six weeks will be enough time. is it better to do some things thoroughly and completely, or to do a mediocre job at "everything"? i'm thinking the former, since it was truly a great feeling and freeing to have those parts of the kitchen DONE DONE, instead of continuing to hang over my head.

I don't know if it's the right way (or if there IS a right way), but I just focused on what I could do without stressing myself out, and areas that made me feel lighter and made day-to-day easier.  So some areas (many areas) were not touched at all, but some were nicely improved.  And I think just getting started on that helped me get more of that done throughout the year, and now, a year later, I look around and realize that instead of having small pockets of calm and order, there's a lot of calm and order and just pockets of disorder remaining.  Feels good, but it did take an entire year, lol.

#65 of 293 Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 AM

Coincidence NOT :)

Oprah's newsletter in my inbox today 

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/How-Oprah-Learned-to-Declutter

Of course,  I haven't checked out all the related links ..and they look promising right now..

But its just awesome that the Universe is sending out the message (to me at least) clean your stuff, throw your junk!!

Alright, going to get busy reading looking for some more inspiration!

Happiness

#66 of 293 Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 AM

another prep idea came to me this weekend-- for those especially who find themselves having a harder than normal time during new moons, and or especially the aries new moon-- there are some homeopathic and cell salt remedies that are supposed to be good for people who have a hard time with new moons. i'm actually taking silica cell salts, which is one that gets mentioned for that. there are others, though, i know. i know i'll be curious to see if i have an easier time of the aries new moon because of it... anyhow, i just thought i'd share that, in case it really resonated with anyone else. 

#67 of 293 Old 02-21-2011, 12:21 PM

I love cell salts, and the balancing your cortices tapping video. Also the Quantum k meditation  - has anyone linked that, yet?  Here it is - and thanks again to aweyn, who originally linked me to it.  You need to plan about 20 minutes, but I always find it very refreshing and cleansing.

My home and life are actually in much better shape overall with the decluttering habit I've gotten into in preparation for treasure mapping over the past few years.  I'm so grateful for that. I do have some corners and shelves to purge.

For me, I need to really focus on dealing with financial clutter, not so much physical.

I need to focus on getting my business taxes done *before* TM time - I never have managed that yet.  I also need to really add up my financial and personal debts and accept ownership and responsibility for them.  

I bought Christopher Penzcak's The Witches Coin last year and, although I loved it from the start, only just finished reading it, which tells you how blocked I feel about money issues!  I'd like to recommend it to anyone who is of a Pagan bent or anyone who just wants to read a great survey of symbolism and discussion of spiritual issues relating to money matters. There are some practical mundane suggestions too, if you read the whole thing. There is a ritual for spiritually taking control of one's debt that I think I am going to do. And, I think I have a better grasp on prosperity imagery that will come in handy when map-making time comes.

ETA Here is an affirmation I got from Penzcak's book:  "I am in the right place at the right time doing the right thing."

#68 of 293 Old 02-22-2011, 09:56 AM
LCT

Subbing!

#69 of 293 Old 02-22-2011, 03:35 PM

My family is in the habit of decluttering on a regular basis. We go through small areas every few weeks and by the time the year is over, we've hit the entire house. It is a lovely feeling. love.gif

I am still very much in my last treasure map. Allowing. Accepting. Wrapping up some details. Seeking out new ideas still.... Little things keep popping up for me. One interesting thing I noticed this past year is I moved my TM around a bit, but I never really LOOKED at it or studied it like the previous year. Yet, I feel it coming alive within me.

I cannot even wrap my head around a new TM yet.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#70 of 293 Old 02-22-2011, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

"I cannot even wrap my head around a new TM yet."

No, shit.  That is why I am writing my own affirmations between now and Aries.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#71 of 293 Old 02-22-2011, 09:19 PM

Subbing.

I missed the last 2 years but did the year before and had lots of amazing manifestations of things I'd written on my Treasure Map.

I'm looking forwards to doing it again in 2011.

What date/time would it be for Sydney Australia?

Mothering my 4yo DS and 1yo DD
I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#72 of 293 Old 02-23-2011, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint Poppies View Post

What date/time would it be for Sydney Australia?

It would be in the middle of the night Sunday, the 3rd. Or VERY early morning of the 4th monday (about 1:30am? or 2am?) Either way, you'll start in your dreams! =) I'm on Guam, so same time zone as Sydney.

Creating Art. Living life on Guam. Sharing my Journey.

#73 of 293 Old 02-23-2011, 04:44 AM

coming a little late but subbing and starting to declutter! smile.gif

#74 of 293 Old 02-23-2011, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

"I cannot even wrap my head around a new TM yet."

No, shit.  That is why I am writing my own affirmations between now and Aries.

Tracy, can we start writing our affirmations for the TM 2011 now vs. at the new moon?  

Sorry, I am little confused about it but I have to ask.

I am under the impression that we will need to look at everything new and nothing old when we start the TM in April....like new magazines..nothing old...?  so if we use the affirmations we com e

with now at the time of the TM ..wouldn't that be old?  Or maybe its not hard and fast?

TIA

#75 of 293 Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 AM

I'm spreading the Treasure Map love! luxlove.gif

In French! orngbiggrin.gif

Thank you Tracy for the inspiration and support! blowkiss.gif

aweynsayl and Aubergine68 like this.

Valérie   
#76 of 293 Old 02-23-2011, 07:23 AM

Subbing!  This will be year 5 for me.  I had a huge, disappointing, massive communication breakdown occur a few weeks before last year's TM.  It was pretty sudden and surprising and confusing and completely misdirected....and maybe I was kind of stuck in that a bit on the new moon.  

I still made my map, as the first pages in my brand new journal, thinking I would look at it more in a journal than on a poster board I stuck next to my bureau.  Then, I only wrote in my journal 3 or 4 times before life got crazy busy and complicated for awhile (new baby, health issues, etc.) and I ceased writing at all (for the first time in, oh, 25 years or so).

Looking back at my maps over the last few years, I think I've been pretty vague about some of my desires, especially surrounding money and career goals.  This year, I am feeling much more specific about things in general.  I've been really feeling the pull to declutter our physical space and there have been a few serendipitous moments recently that have gotten me thinking about how to be more mindful in actively choosing my thoughts, choosing happiness, etc.

So that's where I'm at right now.  Really looking forward to cleaning, clearing out space...I'm thinking that maybe I will even do a food cleanse before TM time.

treehugger.gif
#77 of 293 Old 02-23-2011, 09:54 PM

subbing...

#78 of 293 Old 02-23-2011, 10:05 PM

right now, i am thinking about buying paints and a foam board once TM time starts. but, as recommended, i will leave my options open to make a decision after april 3 starts.

i've heard people talk about the various quadrants of their map -- is there meaning for where a picture is placed, such as in feng shui?

#79 of 293 Old 02-23-2011, 11:33 PM

Subbing. This seems like fun--I've never done a treasure map before, just a psychic goal bowl (sort of like a treasure map only it didn't have pics, it was just a pie chart and I repeated the wants/needs in my head every night after doing my psychic mindset countdown). I didn't really keep up on it though. *shrug* A lot of the time my main manifestation success is related to a book I want that's out of print and just "happens" to show up at the used bookstore. LOL. Yay, I can't wait!! :)  

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
#80 of 293 Old 02-24-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post

right now, i am thinking about buying paints and a foam board once TM time starts. but, as recommended, i will leave my options open to make a decision after april 3 starts.

i've heard people talk about the various quadrants of their map -- is there meaning for where a picture is placed, such as in feng shui?

Yes. Many people follow the feng shui baguas in several ways when making their treasure maps: placement, color, topic. If you google "feng shui baguas", you'll get a lot of info. Click on the "images" link for a variety of visual ways feng shui is expressed. Different theories or schools of thought express the baguas differently. The nine-square is common here.

For my first TM, I followed the baguas in color and topic. I created a scenic image, though, so the placement was not spot-on. The TM was amazing in action!

For my second TM, I went a different route. I focused on the chakras and added a few of the baguas that were important to me and not covered by the chakras. Again, it was a scenic image and placement was related to the scene I was creating more than the traditional placement. Another amazing TM in action! This one is still going...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#81 of 293 Old 02-24-2011, 06:39 PM

subbing and psyched!! biggrinbounce.gif

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#82 of 293 Old 02-25-2011, 07:06 AM

So I put all my cleaning and financial paperwork todo list up on our family board in the kitchen, and my dh said he'll take the kids out on the next few Saturdays and give me the day to catch up on taxes and business/money paperwork.  I'm going to give up my extreme Saturday morning sleep-in habit to gain a few more hours for the decluttering/paperwork effort.  I've been trying to get to bed at decent hours this week so I'm not so tired I feel I need to sleep in to catch up.

So bring on Saturn's Day - I'm pumped and ready to do the work that needs doing!!

#83 of 293 Old 02-25-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View PostSo I put all my cleaning and financial paperwork todo list up on our family board in the kitchen, and my dh said he'll take the kids out on the next few Saturdays and give me the day to catch up on taxes and business/money paperwork.  I'm going to give up my extreme Saturday morning sleep-in habit to gain a few more hours for the decluttering/paperwork effort.  I've been trying to get to bed at decent hours this week so I'm not so tired I feel I need to sleep in to catch up.

Rock on, Aubergine!!

So, me, there is a lady at my bank who is helping me to budget. Hardcore helping me. She's meeting me every week. For free! Here's what she's going to have me do: she's setting up a NEW checking account just for "spending things" like gas and groceries. The other account, my long-time checking account, is going to remain the main account but only have auto-drafts, only for bills. How cool is that? So flippin' brilliant! And I'll maybe be able to pay down debt and maybe be able to save and maybe even be able to reinstate my son's allowance orngbiggrin.gif I'm so happy and so excited. Budgeting, or saving money, or being financially solvent, has been on my TM for years. For years, it's been getting slowly better, but this year, it's kicking butt.

Yay for your DH! That's so cool of him.

So, I'm decluttering my bank account, finally!!!

And as for sleep-- Aubergine, you know that I have a long distance relationship. AND my man gets up at 4am to be at work by 5 or 6. And he calls me every day at that hour. I don't normally get up till 7 to get ds ready for school. BUT. I have decided to be in bed by no later than 8:30, because I get broken sleep. I have come to the conclusion that it doesn't matter when I get my sleep, as long as I get all of it. So yay you!

You know what, y'all-- because of this budget thing, I feel like my TM's rockin'. I have been doing the affirmations that Tracy suggested to me, and I've been doing the tapping that aweyn suggested (YES, aweyn, EVERY DAY!!) and I feel really positive. I've been ready to let go of this house for some time...and working on the attachment to the town we live in. I want to do something new. I trust the Universe. It's never let me down before love.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#84 of 293 Old 02-25-2011, 09:46 AM

i have been thinking about that cortice cleaning one. i am going to start doing that! and tapping more regularly as well. i have only been doing the finger tip  one when i get really upset. iam surprised i remember to do that even. but it helps. it has been on my mind more recently. prob a sign to do it more :)

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#85 of 293 Old 02-25-2011, 10:30 AM

Yes... feeling it... this will be my 5th year? Either way... always works wonders. This year is going to be intense.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#86 of 293 Old 02-25-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

i have been thinking about that cortice cleaning one. i am going to start doing that! and tapping more regularly as well. i have only been doing the finger tip  one when i get really upset. iam surprised i remember to do that even. but it helps. it has been on my mind more recently. prob a sign to do it more :)

Yeah, I reluctantly admit it, but it feels good. Not in any way I can describe or what for, but it does. I'm trying to remember (memorize?) it so I don't have to use the video, but I haven't gotten there yet. She's awfully cute, but kind of lopsidedly weird looking, too. Great smile, though. Easy to want to follow her smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post

Yes... feeling it... this will be my 5th year? Either way... always works wonders. This year is going to be intense.

Right? I think you're right on. Yikes. I'm getting the feeling it's going to be "Hang on, we're in for quite a ride".

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#87 of 293 Old 02-25-2011, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
 Tracy, can we start writing our affirmations for the TM 2011 now vs. at the new moon?  

Sorry, I am little confused about it but I have to ask.

I am under the impression that we will need to look at everything new and nothing old when we start the TM in April....like new magazines..nothing old...?  so if we use the affirmations we com e

with now at the time of the TM ..wouldn't that be old?  Or maybe its not hard and fast?

TIA

The affirmations you do between now and Aries New Moon are to help clear your mind. 

These are affirmations that address your fears.   So, for example, let's say you have money fears.  Everyday between now and then you write,
"I'm happy and grateful that I have more than enough money to cover all my expenses." 

Even if your reality says something different than that.. you start writing it down.  Several times every day.

Why?  Because if your brain is hyper focused and full of fear over money when New Moon your desires could come from fear( whether you knw it or not).  

Instead if you can calm your brain down you your intuition will talk to you on New Moon and that will drive your Desires.   And sure on new moon you may put things on your map that are about abundance and money and you might even put down a money affirmation. But it will come from your intuition and not your fear.

and yes, new magazines, new images, new supplies are great for  your new map.  although some people need to use old, borrowed magazines which is fine. Just don't read them or open them until new moon.  They will be fresh to you which is ideal since it is a fresh new moon and new year.

tracy

speedmum likes this.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#88 of 293 Old 02-26-2011, 03:50 AM

Wow, that makes so muchhhh more sense and I am glad I asked.  Thanks for explaining Tracy!

I've been writing down my fears, because I was not able to put them into words before.  Now that I am more aware of some of my fears I didn't know I have, I can start writing affirmations to chill the mind.  Ok, wonderful.  Going to get busier now =)

#89 of 293 Old 02-26-2011, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Rock on, Aubergine!!

So, me, there is a lady at my bank who is helping me to budget. Hardcore helping me. She's meeting me every week. For free! Here's what she's going to have me do: she's setting up a NEW checking account just for "spending things" like gas and groceries. The other account, my long-time checking account, is going to remain the main account but only have auto-drafts, only for bills. How cool is that? So flippin' brilliant! And I'll maybe be able to pay down debt and maybe be able to save and maybe even be able to reinstate my son's allowance orngbiggrin.gif I'm so happy and so excited. Budgeting, or saving money, or being financially solvent, has been on my TM for years. For years, it's been getting slowly better, but this year, it's kicking butt.

Yay, that's awesome! :) I am going to do this the first time, and to be super honest, all of this is just start to make so much sense logically !  I love it!

And for you sleeping at 8:30pm, isn't that like the ideal time to hit the bed?  I think one of the age old sciences of Ayurveda (?) say that one should be in bed as the sun goes down, so between 6 and 10pm is the best time for your body!  I used to do that before becoming a mother, maybe thats something I'll work on tackling soon.

So good for you!! 

#90 of 293 Old 02-26-2011, 08:18 PM

It's funny that I chanced upon this prepping for TM thread. I've never made a TM before, but my new year's resolution was to seriously declutter our house. It;s quite small, but has way too much stuff in it. Adding a mindfulness, or spiritual component to my task is making it that much more meaningful. I'm not just clearing out our space for my family, I'm also doing it to clear myself to be open to receive.

I have cleaned out my closet (got rid of old journals, which was very significant for me), the main family/storage closet, our dining area, and I finally, finally updated the kids play area in the basement, making it more age appropriate for them. I feel so good about that, their rooms are really small, so this is a space they can hang out in with their friends. I'd say I've removed around 11 garbage bags full of stuff from our house already, and want to keep up the momentum! 

speedmum likes this.

Mama to my 2 boys

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page