Prepping for the 2011 Treasure Map - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 293 Old 03-21-2011, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_understood View Post

So I've been analyzing my bagua in each room... and guess what? (Not surprising to me but...)

The majority of my clutter occurs in each area of self-knowledge.

Sheesh and double sheesh!

that is so interesting!  i never thought of analyzing each room like that (usually just think about the whole-house areas, not areas of the rooms).  when you do that, do you base it off the entrance to the room, or the compass?  i know it's fine to use either method, but just out of curiosity, which do you do?

#182 of 293 Old 03-21-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Postany thoughts about my question of asking for advice before the new moon vs waiting for the new moon? i'm leaning towards waiting, but at the same time, dont want to be stressed about it, iykwim..... 

Why not ask, but then go with your gut when TM time happens? That's what I'm doing...

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#183 of 293 Old 03-21-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Why not ask, but then go with your gut when TM time happens? That's what I'm doing...

gee, yer smart. :-)

ok~ thing one-- i know we're supposed to be careful about manifesting things that involve other people, but for things that really impact US, we can do it, right? we just have to phrase it carefully..... so, dh's folks are retiring and moving closer to us, and we're all really excited (i would love to have everyone in town, personally. i love family gatherings. and i dont love the stress of short visits with high expectations). so, i'd love this to happen before the holidays. obviously, this involves them (as much as i'd love to TM their house selling fast so they can move here and get a house with a pool before summer, lol).... what's a way to get at the ME side of that that's ok to TM?

thing two~ weight loss. i've toyed with it on past maps, but i havent wanted to pick a specific weight goal (i thought of taking a pic of my toes on the scale at my target weight, kwim? i feel like that would be powerful!)..... but i feel like NOT focusing on a specific weight has held me back........ thoughts? 

#184 of 293 Old 03-21-2011, 04:18 PM

We are getting ready for TM time here. Since last year was my first, I have this beautiful TM (the most beautiful art I have ever done by the way)...when it is time for the next TM, am I supposed to get rid of it? How do you do so in being kind to the energy it carries? Would love to hear thoughts!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#185 of 293 Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

gee, yer smart. :-)

ok~ thing one-- i know we're supposed to be careful about manifesting things that involve other people, but for things that really impact US, we can do it, right? we just have to phrase it carefully..... so, dh's folks are retiring and moving closer to us, and we're all really excited (i would love to have everyone in town, personally. i love family gatherings. and i dont love the stress of short visits with high expectations). so, i'd love this to happen before the holidays. obviously, this involves them (as much as i'd love to TM their house selling fast so they can move here and get a house with a pool before summer, lol).... what's a way to get at the ME side of that that's ok to TM?

thing two~ weight loss. i've toyed with it on past maps, but i havent wanted to pick a specific weight goal (i thought of taking a pic of my toes on the scale at my target weight, kwim? i feel like that would be powerful!)..... but i feel like NOT focusing on a specific weight has held me back........ thoughts? 

First thing - I would focus on the family aspect, maybe include a family picture (all of you together in your area sometime) and write an affirmation or statement about how it is great to have three generations living in [name of town] together. Or a picture/affirmation depicting something specific you would like to do once they are living here.

Something I did on my first TM was focus on specific relationships I wanted to strengthen. You could do your own twist on that with each of your DH's parents.

Second thing - I'd say this is highly personal and will come to you once TM time starts. I've done both ways -- subtle, healthy, general and very specific with details -- and they've both worked.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#186 of 293 Old 03-22-2011, 01:44 AM

i loved mapping last year, folk always comment on it when they see my desktop. amazing things have happened! so far! i'm pleased to have remembered to revisit this early enough that i can clear the house & garden, it is important to do that now as i have some extraordinarily exciting projects in the works and i need to have time and space for them. i'm with you. x

#187 of 293 Old 03-22-2011, 06:59 AM

Decluttering big time here! And reorganizing the space.

I used to be very resistant about decluttering... especially with kids clothes (20 years of clothes in the basementfaint.gif) but now it's freeing and I love it!

I had "Easy Home Makeover" on my last TM and this is the manifestation! carrot.gif

Valérie   
#188 of 293 Old 03-22-2011, 08:37 AM

val, you rock!

singin'~ i've kept all of mine... well, except this one, which has slowly disintegrated, as it was moved so many times.....

sunny-- excellent idea. they'll actually be here quite literally the day before TM. as much as i hate to use a pic from then (and i do love using my own photos on my maps!)... i think i might just do that! or even of ds with them, playing in the back yard..... cool. thanks! (we might even be looking at houses with them while they;re here.... that might be pushing it, though.... i'd hate to manifest a house *for* them, kwim? (although, i would love a nice pool.... lol!)

i cant believe it's almost time!!!! ack!!!!

i think my 2010 map in the end was quite lovely. and just what i needed. though it annoyed me rather a lot thru the year, lol.....

#189 of 293 Old 03-22-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View PostFirst thing - I would focus on the family aspect, maybe include a family picture (all of you together in your area sometime) and write an affirmation or statement about how it is great to have three generations living in [name of town] together. Or a picture/affirmation depicting something specific you would like to do once they are living here.

Second thing - I'd say this is highly personal and will come to you once TM time starts. I've done both ways -- subtle, healthy, general and very specific with details -- and they've both worked.

This. I found it hard to not put things specifically about M (as opposed to M and me, or our relationship) on my map last year. I asked his permission regarding certain things, and he gave it freely, as he wasn't doing his own map. And I considered it "family" issues, as we're working towards being an intact family at some point (him, me, and my ds).

Some of those things are manifesting orngbiggrin.gif and while he didn't do his own map last year, he DID write one word that means the world to him on a sticky note, during TM time, and posted it on his cabinet, and it's still there, and THAT has manifested, thus far.

So, I think it's fine to put other people on there, as long as it's done properly-- I like sunny's idea of a photo of the whole family together in your area. I will have to get M to photoshop a pic of the three of us to put on mine! Great idea!

Weight loss. This is so weird. Because it was on all my maps so far. I think I've done four of them? I have had weight loss, Weight Watchers, lots of pix of healthy foods, all sorts of stuff like that-- and last year all I had in the "me" section in the middle was "I feel beautiful" and "I'm mahhvelous" or some such, things like that. NOTHING about weight loss. And this year I've lost 25-30lbs and intend to lose more, in the next couple months. I let it go and I manifested it. Not saying this is what will work for you, but I find it funny for me. Funny peculiar, not funny ha-ha.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#190 of 293 Old 03-22-2011, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Right, so I thought I knew what I wanted, but in the past couple days it's... dissolved.  And now I don't know if I still want it... or what I *DO* want... Hope something comes up when it's TM time... because if I had to do it today, I'd probably just not do it. :-/

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#191 of 293 Old 03-22-2011, 02:05 PM

so i'm going to do a small treasure map this year. hopefully it will restore my faith in the process.

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#192 of 293 Old 03-22-2011, 07:36 PM

Aubergine, thanks for mentioning your idea about using the signs/houses for this year's map.

I am deliberately not thinking of the what and hows of the next map yet, but I have wondered in the back of my mind about categories/layout.  I don't want to think too much about this either, right now, but I will definitely have this in mind on new moon, and if it feels right, it may be a good way to do my map.  I like the idea because it seems right now like it might be very helpful to use this to build strength in areas where my natal chart is weak.  I have very little fixed energy, for example, and this gives me some trouble...so maybe I could align a fixed sign on the ascendant and make a circular map.  Or maybe I will just use the houses, not sure....but will definitely be glad to have this idea in mind on the new moon, it feels possibly more appropriate than the baguas for me.

The biggest thing I need to do is a huge unfinished item from the current map: quitting smoking.  Since it is Pisces moon, I want to ask please for your (silent; no need to respond on the thread, and thanks) prayers and positive thoughts that I can do this before the new map.  Maybe I put too many other things on this map; because this is the most important thing I need to do.  "A Healthy Heart" FELL OFF of my map and I feel like this nuclear accident is partially my fault because I didnt stop smoking yet.  I put on the map that I am persistent and successful, a quitter, so I ask you if you don't mind to specifically pray that I will have persistence and success in not smoking.   

Mama to 3 boys 

#193 of 293 Old 03-23-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View PostI put on the map that I am persistent and successful, a quitter, so I ask you if you don't mind to specifically pray that I will have persistence and success in not smoking.   

Will do, and try to be gentle with yourself. Quitting smoking, IMO, is the.single.most.difficult.task to do. I believe I sent you things about how I did it, a year or a couple years ago, and I still have those posts (in case anyone else needed them, so I wouldn't have to go retype it all out lol.gif) but I will be happy to resend them to you if you like! And I'd love to offer my phone number or email and be your quit buddy (sponsor?) if you need. I'd be happy to. It's all about pass it on, after all orngbiggrin.gif

#194 of 293 Old 03-23-2011, 10:47 AM

So, my dh will be out of town for the next 10 weeks, which includes treasure map time. Any thrifty suggestions of ways for him to make a portable treasure map?

hh2.gif

#195 of 293 Old 03-23-2011, 10:51 AM

considering this year.....

Kristin -- mom of Erin (11/5/02) and Leah (9/29/05)
#196 of 293 Old 03-23-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommymama View Post

Tracy - Mercury will be retrograde Mar 30 till Apr 23!!!

http://zodiacarts.com/Calendar.shtml

Bummer...

Why is this a bummer?>

hh2.gif

#197 of 293 Old 03-25-2011, 07:15 AM

my map is still manifesting.

everything rocks on it. i had a lion in the kids area. i wanted to be a fierce protective mom. well i made the docs do test till they found my kids problem! roooar! lol.

in the sprituality i had a pic of a candle burning in a bowl of water. now i am going to the uu church (flaming chalice).

in the health section i had a yoga lady, some good looking abs, and some healthy food. i am doing yoga, lost 25 lbs, fixed my pelvic organ prolapse, and got diagnosed with an intolerance so i have to eat healthy.

i had other stuff which is manifesting too but those were the big ones. i am so doing it again.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#198 of 293 Old 03-25-2011, 11:15 AM
rcr

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

my map is still manifesting.

everything rocks on it. i had a lion in the kids area. i wanted to be a fierce protective mom. well i made the docs do test till they found my kids problem! roooar! lol.

in the sprituality i had a pic of a candle burning in a bowl of water. now i am going to the uu church (flaming chalice).

in the health section i had a yoga lady, some good looking abs, and some healthy food. i am doing yoga, lost 25 lbs, fixed my pelvic organ prolapse, and got diagnosed with an intolerance so i have to eat healthy.

i had other stuff which is manifesting too but those were the big ones. i am so doing it again.

Wow, sounds wonderful! This is my first - I hope I have the same success that you had!

Would you tell me about your categories/sections? Did you just make them up or are they based on something?

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#199 of 293 Old 03-25-2011, 02:51 PM

Hello hello... finally had a spontaneous burst of energy and gutted my car and cleaned the house... now to stick with my new diet plan...........

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#200 of 293 Old 03-25-2011, 02:53 PM

i based them on the baguas everyone here talked about but i arranged them in a circle around the center one. the center one was my spirituality mental health.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#201 of 293 Old 03-25-2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post

Hello hello... finally had a spontaneous burst of energy and gutted my car and cleaned the house... now to stick with my new diet plan...........

I think you've inspired me!  I've been putting off the car...using every excuse in the book!!!  MOTIVATION!!!!

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#202 of 293 Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 AM

had a shower inspiration this morning.... aubergine will laugh if she reads this.... another "12 category" idea for map layout.... the "12 healers" of the bach flower essences..... not sure i would do it, but it sounded fun in the shower while i was tapping, lol........

yay for bursts of cleaning. i finally *forced* myself to do some re-hemming of curtains that badly needed it. i was irked the whole time, lol, but once it was done i was dang proud of myself. ;-)

#203 of 293 Old 03-26-2011, 11:22 AM

You were right, aweyn....lol.gif  Seriously - from my limited knowledge, I really see how that could work well!

I have to clean out my email inbox and make more progress on taxes, if not finish them, this weekend.  

#204 of 293 Old 03-26-2011, 03:45 PM

We've been working on our house since last weekend. It is looking mighty nice right now! We're about to turn our downstairs into a pampering day spa for DD's birthday party tomorrow.

I have two personal areas left to straighten up:

1. my vanity in our master bedroom -- been having fun making custom-blended oils and getting other things ready for the party; and

2. my desk in our family office -- been avoiding this for a long time, but need it clear to make the signs and other creative things for the party

Then, we'll clean up after the party over the next few days and be ready for treasure mapping time!!! love.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#205 of 293 Old 03-27-2011, 11:35 AM

I also got a burst of energy. Which is really odd as my iron is super low and I forgot to take my Floradix yesterday. I managed to get a bunch of school work of mine caught up (still have a bit more but stuff that I don't feel I need to have completed prior to the New Moon) and also some housework. I'm working on having my home done for the 1st so I can focus soley on me on the 2nd. I'm wondering if this burst of energy is connected as there is a few of us experiencing it?

Another question, do you think that there is a connection to death and phase of the lunar cycle we're in right now? I really don't know too much about astrology but I do find it interesting. My husband lost a friend last night and my great grandmother is not expected to hold on much longer. For the record I have peace about my Grandma. I know I will be upset when she does actually pass away but I am alright with it, if that makes sense and hopefully doesn't sound callous. I'll have to plan some flowers as she is known as the Flower Lady.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (05.30.05) and married to the Rad Man
If I'm not riding my bike I'm reading. Still trying to put the best of both world together.
#206 of 293 Old 03-27-2011, 01:09 PM

I'm combining my normal willingness to get the house ready for treasure mapping, with very intense nesting urge (I'm in the 38th week of pregnancy now) What a strong combination, I can't believe it but I've gone through  nearly every cupboard in the entire house. ! I'd give anything to be able to declutter all day long (preferably with 10 assistants that I could boss around, lol) 

Happy mama to DD 04 and 08 April 2011
#207 of 293 Old 03-27-2011, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

"So, my dh will be out of town for the next 10 weeks, which includes treasure map time. Any thrifty suggestions of ways for him to make a portable treasure map?"

have him cut out pictures from magazines. jot down some affirmations. put them in a envelope and then when he gets home paste them on his board.

Or have him make one on his computer with images that he dowloads and then later when he gets home he can print it up.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#208 of 293 Old 03-27-2011, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, Mercury will be retrograde with the Aries New Moon. But I'm not bugged by it. I actually think we might need it.  The energy is going to be so fast and furious it might be necessary to have our brain not completely "ON".

Also, we'll have a burst of last minute energy Mars goes into Aries on Friday April 1st.  It does not go in quietly . lol.

doubledutch likes this.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#209 of 293 Old 03-27-2011, 04:09 PM

We sent Eric with a small scrapbook, some construction paper, scissors, glue sticks and some family photos. He's been instructed to use one of his per diem allowances to go and buy 5 magazines. I'm using a small scrapbook this time as well because we are moving. Last time we moved, I really hated moving my treasure map. Disassembling it was so depressing.

hh2.gif

#210 of 293 Old 03-27-2011, 04:37 PM

I got a bunch of free new-agey mags. from the HFS this weekend - they are going on my shelf, unopened, for next Sunday (only one more week - squee!!!)

Last year, I organized my TM around a chakra theme, and part of my goal with this was to become more aware of what chakras are and how they operate spiritually.  I bought materials to make necklaces in appropriate stones for each chakra last spring to help me focus my meditations on each area..  I neglected this project  for most of the year but picked it up a few weeks ago and finally finished my last necklace this weekend (flourite/white quartz/clear quartz, amethyst for the crown chakra).   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page