Prepping for the 2011 Treasure Map - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 293 Old 03-30-2011, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saredances View Post

I'm unsure about how the bagua map works.  If looking at our whole house, our bedroom would be wealth, the left corner of that room being the strongest area of wealth?  If looking at that room with the whole bagua map then a different corner of the room falls into the wealth category.  Am I looking at this the right way?  Is is better to use the bagua map with the whole house, or for each room? or does it not matter?

Both.

To my knowledge, you approach each room individually *and then* approach the house as a whole unit. Remember that some things cannot be changed, and for those you will have to use other methods of feng shui to overcome, or decrease the effect of, the "bad" aspects. The primary entrance into a room is the entrance from which you figure out the baguas of the room, just as the primary entrance into the home allows you to figure out the baguas of your home.

Looking at it that way, it seems appropriate that the bottom 3 baguas (which are the ones which correspond with entrances) should be the concentration point for anyone who is beginning TMing since any kind of "baggage" or "clutter" in these areas will effect the chi of the rest of the map... hmm.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#242 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

How do you suggest "letting go of your home and life where you are on a spiritual level if you haven't already done so"? Any ideas? I really have most of the house decluttered and working on cleaning it. I have some to do in the yard, but it's going to be icky and cold and rainy for the rest of the week, so, nope, that's gonna wait. So I can spend some time on decluttering my mind and heart and spirit. But I have no idea what to do.

How are you going to approach "I have been meditating on noticing and decluttering attachments like this, working on letting them go so that whatever is going to happen for the highest good of my family and myself, can come into our lives"? I'd love some tips or pointers or a How You Do This. I'm clueless, but it sounds like something I could use!

I just printed off the 22 questions some PP posted above.  Some of them focus on identifying areas, and people to let go.  I'll PM 'em to you if you want.

As for the house - what about writing a letter to your house describing your intentions to let it go and move to another house.  You can include  thanking it for all that is has provided for you & DS and how you want to make it ready for a new owner to live in and etc.  I know it might sound corny, but I find just writing out my intentions and thanking an item before letting it go helps "mentally" to facilitate that process.   I would do the same (even if you don't mail them out to the person) with individuals and then release the letters (via burning).

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#243 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 08:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Awesome ideas, great advice.

love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

I just printed off the 22 questions some PP posted above.  Some of them focus on identifying areas, and people to let go.  I'll PM 'em to you if you want.

As for the house - what about writing a letter to your house describing your intentions to let it go and move to another house.  You can include  thanking it for all that is has provided for you & DS and how you want to make it ready for a new owner to live in and etc.  I know it might sound corny, but I find just writing out my intentions and thanking an item before letting it go helps "mentally" to facilitate that process.   I would do the same (even if you don't mail them out to the person) with individuals and then release the letters (via burning).

#244 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saredances View Post

I'm unsure about how the bagua map works.  If looking at our whole house, our bedroom would be wealth, the left corner of that room being the strongest area of wealth?  If looking at that room with the whole bagua map then a different corner of the room falls into the wealth category.  Am I looking at this the right way?  Is is better to use the bagua map with the whole house, or for each room? or does it not matter?

If I only had a few days before the new moon, I would apply the bagua map to the whole house and focus on the front entrance and a few key areas (pertinent to me/my family) for decluttering and preparing. Focus on what you CAN do and let the rest go for now.

As far as the baguas for your treasure map, you probably already know it doesn't have to match up to your house at all nor do you need to use the baguas for a TM.

Also, keep in mind there are several different schools of thought for feng shui and a few variations of the baguas. I go for the bigger picture and what they all have in common, ignoring the discrepancies and/or complicated aspects. Working great so far!

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#245 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 11:32 AM

I'd like them, Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#246 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 01:07 PM

me too please

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_understood View Post

I'd like them, Please.

#247 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 01:20 PM

This is the link that LCT posted to the 22 questions.  They are good ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCT View Post

A friend sent me the following at the end of 2010, but I never got around to answering the questions. Seems like a good time to do this now that we are approaching TM time.

http://ourladyoftheredthread.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/22-questions.pdf

#248 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 04:12 PM

I just looked at this thread yesterday and finished catching up today. I'm glad! I've been having a strong spring cleaning & de-cluttering urge and now I know why. So far, I've gotten my dresser cleared, arranged the books so that they all fit on shelves and gotten together some clothes & things to donate. Two weeks ago I dusted and cleared the island in the kitchen in preparation for DS's birthday party. (I don't dust more than 3-4 times a year...sulkoff.gif) Next I'd like to tackle the office-it is our dumping ground for things that have no place. And rake the yard.

This will be my first TM and I'm sure not the last. Is the Aries new moon always the time to make a new map?

Ready, set, GO!

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
#249 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I'm getting into this late! I haven't done treasure map since 2008.

So I start on sunday and have 3 days to finish?

Is there a Treasure Maps for Dummies resource?

I have to clean before then? I had surgery 2 weeks ago, so that's going to be hard. But I'll try!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#250 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View PostI just printed off the 22 questions some PP posted above.  Some of them focus on identifying areas, and people to let go.  I'll PM 'em to you if you want.

I revisited the 22 questions. Thanks for reposting them. I did write my house a letter when I was actively doing spells and stuff to let it go. Maybe I'll do that again this weekend before TM starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View PostSo I start on sunday and have 3 days to finish?

Is there a Treasure Maps for Dummies resource?

I have to clean before then? I had surgery 2 weeks ago, so that's going to be hard. But I'll try!

Treasure Maps for Dummies biglaugh.gif I guess that would be the first page of every Prepping thread! Kitty, I didn't clean before my first TM. I found the thread right before TM time, IIRC. It seems like you just decluttered part of your body-- I don't mean that in a snide way at all, but what you said on our other common thread, your family has cleared out a lot of health issues lately! I'm sure the Universe will forgive a bit of house clutter. I think Tracy would say do it anyway, right?

I went through two bins of old mementos today, and released a lot of it into a big trash bag. I am down to one bin out of the two. I still have like 2-3 more bins of old stuff to look through. I may or may not. It's hard to let that stuff go, but a lot of it is clutter. And it's such a time-sucker if I let myself get caught up in it, which is hard! Like, today I let go a ton of old letters. I don't need them. I have the memories of the people, and some I'm still in touch with, and some I didn't even remember who the heck they were! It felt good to release all that.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#251 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It is going to be a doozey of a Treasure Map year.  The energy will be flying.  I can start to feel the winds beginnig to stir.

I already am getting up super early. Pure sign of the impending energy.

not to self.  must ground thyself!

Just a reminder, if you can't make your map in the first 3 days then shoot for the for the first 10 days.  The waxing moon is ideal, and of course the ideal of the ideal is the first 3 days.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#252 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 PM

For Treasure Map newbies, this helped me:

http://www.saredances.com/saredances/2011/03/treasure-mapping-for-newbies.html

I'm excited to participate this year!

Sandy (41), Mama to Oscar (Feb 2009) and Aria (April 2012), infertility and miscarriage survivor brokenheart.gif 11/25/10 and brokenheart.gif 6/22/11.

#253 of 293 Old 03-31-2011, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'm getting really excited. My lower level of my home is cleaned out. And scrubbed. The 2nd floor (bedrooms and bath) need to be done but I'm hoping to get the bathroom completed tonight and the rest done tomorrow. I was smart and invited a bunch of people over for tomorrow evening so I'll have my home sparkling for then and then it also allows a day to tidy up any mess before Sunday. :) I'm feeling good about this and even if the rest is just tidied, I'm okay with that.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
#254 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 06:27 AM

I have several big bins of old mementos and letters and things from my past, and my childhood, and my teenhood. Tons of letters I went in and just chucked, yesterday. Actually it felt really good-- some of those people I don't even remember, and I had piles of letters tied with string from them!

I kept the ones from my mom when I was in college. I kept any from my dad, who died in '99. I kept some from my grandmothers, both of whom have passed, and my aunt, ditto.

All the rest: Poof, gone. I feel so clean.

I have to find a way, eventually, to photograph and archive my college art portfolio. The artworks are all like 24x36, huge, and the case is getting gnarly and probably moldy. I don't really even like most of the art I did, so I could probably just toss the whole dang thing, but I do want to remember it. I think that won't be for this go 'round.

I could clear out a couple more bins, I think, but I am going to get off of here and go meditate on letting go of the house and the area I live in.

I have these cards that I draw one every day-- they are like angel cards but different. There's one word and an image on one side, and a short sentence or two on the other, expounding on the one word. How serendipitous that today's word was RELEASE cold.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#255 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 07:17 AM

Good Morning! I too feel the energy building.  Wow!  I haven't posted yet...I'm not a big poster, but I've been thinking and preparing mentally.  I did maps in 2008 and 2009.  Last year the universe did not require a map of me as I was abruptly removed from my home and living situation right before TM time.  I had major damage (flooding) to my home from an earthquake that caused my family to be displaced.  It was a wild few months while our house was repaired, and we lived in a different town.  The interesting thing is, I wanted to do a map anyway, but I finally let it go because there was just too much going on.  I thought a LOT about it though during the Aries new moon, and all year I've been at peace and actually feel like I did do a map and there has been a lot of movement.  Sometimes I think, "I should look at my map and check in."  Then, I realize I didn't make one. Isn't that weird? lol.gif  Anyway, I ramble on...

This year I'm focusing on decluttering anything that causes underlying guilt... or not so underlying.  For me, there is a lot around finances and responsibility right now.  I've been challenging myself to take action on these things in order to declutter that *%#! guilt.  No more!

Happy TM joy.gif

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#256 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 08:42 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

It is going to be a doozey of a Treasure Map year.  The energy will be flying.  I can start to feel the winds beginnig to stir.

I already am getting up super early. Pure sign of the impending energy.

not to self.  must ground thyself!

Just a reminder, if you can't make your map in the first 3 days then shoot for the for the first 10 days.  The waxing moon is ideal, and of course the ideal of the ideal is the first 3 days.

I'm going on a big hike Sunday morning with the hubby.. I can start my TM that evening?
#257 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 08:52 AM

I skipped last year because I was in the middle of moving, but I'm following along and doing one this year for sure. I've done more decluttering this year than ever before, and gotten rid of some really old stuff, with lots of old emotional energy ties in it.  Looking forward to it. I don't post much but I will be here doing the map along with everyone.

Just an FYI:  Today I received an email from Borders that through April 4th, if you buy 3 magazines, you can get the fourth one free, perfect timing for Treasure Map. That's where I was going to go for magazines anyway! You have to have their Borders rewards card, but it's free to sign up. Wow, are they actually tapping into the Treasure Mapping population? lol.gif

#258 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 08:59 AM

I just caught up on the thread. Someone mentioned groundedness. I feel all sorts of energy swirling around and I am definitely lacking the grounded feeling. What are some ways y'all ground yourselves?

I feel like I have cabin fever and I live in an area with zero snow and awesome weather. I get outside every single day. Yet, I feel super antsy yesterday and today. Not able to focus nor sit still. I can usually do both quite well when needed.

Our house and yard are in great shape, so I am physically ready for TM time Sunday morning (early here). thumb.gif

Emotionally, mentally, and spiritually....hmmm...I am having such a tough time meditating the last few days and I feel out of whack. DD has also been off-the-charts moody, which effects me strongly. We are so strongly attached emotionally...

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#259 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 09:36 AM

Sadly, I think the only thing I'm going to have time to purge is my guilt at not decluttering. Sheepish.gif

Will this work for me if I just do a mental inventory, make a few lists, and tidy up a bit? This has been the busiest month ever, and my upstairs looks like an episode of Hoarders. We have a huge community yard sale in May, so my DH won't let me get rid of anything until then.

However, I am planning to catch up on grading, dust and vacuum, and at least tidy up the mess.

Also, I have been "prepping" for this, having not read the thread first. I already cut out a bunch of great pictures and images. Now that I realize I shouldn't have started, I WON'T use them for my treasure map (I plan to get new magazines on Sunday), but can you think of another use for these pictures?

Sandy (41), Mama to Oscar (Feb 2009) and Aria (April 2012), infertility and miscarriage survivor brokenheart.gif 11/25/10 and brokenheart.gif 6/22/11.

#260 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 10:53 AM
LCT

Staying grounded has been difficult for us too.  Everyone seems to be out of sorts this week -- definitely more chaotic energy around!  The following have been helpful for us (though less so when compared to last week) ...

- epsom salt and lavender oil baths

- grounding foods like root vegetables

- gardening (get your hands in the dirt)

- Bach Flower Remedies (Rescue Remedy)

How about hugging a tree?  I'm ready to try anything -- this week has been unnerving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

I just caught up on the thread. Someone mentioned groundedness. I feel all sorts of energy swirling around and I am definitely lacking the grounded feeling. What are some ways y'all ground yourselves?

I feel like I have cabin fever and I live in an area with zero snow and awesome weather. I get outside every single day. Yet, I feel super antsy yesterday and today. Not able to focus nor sit still. I can usually do both quite well when needed.

Our house and yard are in great shape, so I am physically ready for TM time Sunday morning (early here). thumb.gif

Emotionally, mentally, and spiritually....hmmm...I am having such a tough time meditating the last few days and I feel out of whack. DD has also been off-the-charts moody, which effects me strongly. We are so strongly attached emotionally...

#261 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 11:45 AM

Hi, Any takers for Question #2?

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmum View Post

I always feel the need to preface by saying I am a newbie at this, because I only tend to have questions, one of which is related to tracy's post and blog.

Question 1: As far as mental decluttering, is it better to release/let go of any feelings associated with a certain relationship and move on to "planting" new seeds (efforts) to improve this relationship after the new moon.  Or is this time before the new moon, best to "clear the air" within a relationship?  I want to forgive myself and a friendly acquaintance for any misunderstandings between us, because I want to save this relationship.  BUT I don't know if it is worth/important to dig the past to clear the air or better to just let go and forge forward positively.

Question 2: This is a TM bagua question, if I want to work on improving relationships with my spouse I understand that it belongs to the 3rd/pink/relationship quadrant.  However, if I want to improve social circle/network and relationships with family friends or second cousins, where would that belong?

Sorry if it seems like I am rambling on, I don't know if its the new moon energy or what or my saturn retrorgade, but l am realizing a few somethings about myself and how I deal with relationships or rather how I respond to negative stimuli (to people who push buttons) and how that has to some hampered my relationships with other people....It is eye opening/revealing/shocking and relieving at the sametime.  Trying to accept things about myself but don't yet know how to respond to some such people.  TM stuff is great, Tracy's thoughts/mind process, mdc.com threads are just the right place for me to be...I feel like I am growing up....

Anyone else going through anything like this?

#262 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 12:26 PM

I have been spending a lot of time in the garden just looking at flowers and watching birds. I am literally watching the flowers grow and trees blossom from one day to the next. It is very grounding and relaxing and makes me very happy to be out there and grateful for the wonderful things in my life. A family of blackbirds has nested at eye level just outside of our kitchen, and I get to watch the mama and papa birds feeding the babies. It's lovely.

I've been trying to clean and declutter before TM time but things seem to be getting worse instead of better around here. I did finally claim a space in our bedroom just for me, cleared out the junk, set up a table with flowers and a nice table cloth, and I will be able to work, study, or do artwork there instead of the kitchen table.

This has been an interesting week for me. I was asked to write a grammar book a couple of years ago. I didn't really want to do it but I thought it would be a good experience and bring in some money and make my writer dad proud of me. Well, I finished the book a couple of weeks ago and felt great about it - until two days when I got an email from the editor basically trashing it. I felt so sick and horrible and disappointed and angry. Then a couple of days ago as I was lying in bed feeling sorry for myself, my inner voice yelled at me "but you don't want to be a writer, you want to be a midwife!" Of course, wanting to be a midwife is nothing new. It is something that I have been dreaming about and working towards for the past 10 years. I applied to a midwifery course back in January, had an interview in February - and just received an unconditional offer form the university today!

The interesting thing about this is that 2 years ago, I put a couple of pictures of nurse midwives or hospital midwives in uniform on my TM. I didn't really know why I put those pictures, because I always thought I would be an independent, homebirth midwife. As a student midwife I will have to wear a uniform when I am on placement.

SO, now I have to figure out how to make it work. I've got 4 homeschooled dc, a dh that works from home - but full-time, and no family and not many friends nearby. Anyway - all that to say that the energy and emotions are really flowing strongly around here and I can't wait to see what the new year will bring.

#263 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 12:33 PM

I put ALL relationships in the same area of my map the year I loosely followed the baguas. It worked, too, fwiw. I had a scene going on my map. Relationships (and a few other baguas) were on flowers. This is what I typed in my photo program for the relationship section of my map (I photographed each section).

Quote:
Lots of pinks with touches of white, red, and green.
First flower = friendships. I so enjoy the blossoming, deep friendships with women I admire and like. Friends are fabulous! I am a good friend.
First stem = relationship with dad. My dad and I accept and respect each other as we are now.
Second (highest) flower and stems = marriage. Sharing the path. DH and I are respectful, kind, loving, and passionate together. Our sexual energy is rejuvenating, connecting, and deeply satisfying. Two happy individuals make a happy union. Live, love, laugh. We have a strong marriage. We love and laugh together often.
Third flower = relationship with my daughter. I am so grateful for the honest, fun, joyful, loving relationship I share with my precious daughter.
Third stem = relationship with my mom. My mom and I grow closer and enjoy a deep, fulfilling connection.

#264 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 12:43 PM

A friend also suggested I hug a tree. She added to ask it for help. I haven't run across a tree I want to hug yet...the day is young here, though... winky.gif

I did, however, go out in the garden (at my kitty's insistence, LOL) and tend to the plants for a little while this morning. I was so distracted, though. Nothing obvious, just not able to focus or stay put. It was not relaxing, which is usually is.

I keep envisioning myself walking barefoot on the beach. Maybe that is where I need to be right now.

DD just got out of school at noon (she's on Spring Break for a month now! love.gif ) and we are headed to lunch and shopping for the afternoon. We'll see what else comes about....

#265 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 01:14 PM

Here is a link to an article my friend shared with me... http://soulmemoryblog.com/japan-earthquake-and-tsunami-2

#266 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 01:40 PM

hi mamas, so great to see what everyone is doing to prepare. i'm awfully pleased that the weeks matched up with having my first houseguests in this place, a couple of artists/designers, so i felt extra strongly that i wanted to finally put the place in order. i've been cleaning & organising & decluttering like mad and i'm so happy with it. i had a moment today to just sit and enjoy it. we've had a hard few months in some ways, and in many others, tremendous excitement for the future. i'm happy to begin anew at the end of this weekend. i'm looking forward to it. i make my maps digitally, pulling pictures from picture-heavy websites, i shall have some good fun doing this collage. i might use text this year if i can find a poetic way to integrate it. we'll see, last year image was enough for me. 

i also wanted to say, here i am, living in the countryside, like i was dreaming about a year ago, and looking out over the hills i pictured, and i have a sewing studio just like the one i pictured…even an antique sofa, my partner fell in love with one and we bought it, and later found it was on my map. amazing. some things aren't quite there, but then i think they are a longer movement. or maybe i'll take action on them right now! i can feel some things are being decided now which have been up in the air for months. i'm so pleased, so pleased.

xx

#267 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlesandy View PostAlso, I have been "prepping" for this, having not read the thread first. I already cut out a bunch of great pictures and images. Now that I realize I shouldn't have started, I WON'T use them for my treasure map (I plan to get new magazines on Sunday), but can you think of another use for these pictures?

I would put them aside and see if they still ring true for you on Sunday. That's what I would do. I've gotten magazines in the past and without meaning to, looked through them, and saw things that might be relevant for TM...then on TM day, I either couldn't find the things I thought I wanted, or they didn't ring true. Or some of them did. Things change, energy changes, on new moon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmum View Post

Hi, Any takers for Question #2?

Thanks in advance.

I put them in the friends section, on the bottom right, but others might have different answers!

#268 of 293 Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 PM

thanks to this thread, my house is in better order than ever. it's NOT perfect. but i now have "pockets of clutter" in an otherwise ordered house, versus the opposite. thank you to whomever posted that idea, way uptread.

i still want to clean the ceiling fans. i think i will ask my husband to help me do it, since i typically have both kids underfoot at all times. 

it's my birthday weekend, so... new year, new YEAR ahead for me!!

i'm also looking forward to starting my garden seeds with the new moon on sunday. did i pick up that idea on this thread? i think so. i'm reading my daughter the Little House on the Prairie books, and getting some great gardening advice in the process. the third book, "Farmer Boy," is filled with details on exactly how they did farming, and they planted pumpkin seeds *on the new moon* in May. i will be doing that too this year. soooo interesting to see that the new moon/new seeds idea is not a new fangled idea, but rather REAL, practical and proven technique.

WOW!!

#269 of 293 Old 04-02-2011, 07:40 AM

Busy day planned!  Seeing a friend for coffee this morning.  I think she's in love again after a nasty divorce and I look forward to hearing the happy details and seeing that glow in her face! Also doing some last-minute tidying this afternoon.  Also stopping at the greenhouse for a couple more packs of herb and flower seeds to plant tomorrow - thanks for the reminder, Elliesmom - and Happy Birthday!  My garden is still snowed under, but I have pots of earth and grow lights and I'm trying to get a head start that way. Won't be planting warm-weather veg seeds or seedlings outdoors till the New Moon in May, as it happens!

I have my my 40 percent off Michaels coupon in my wallet all ready to go out for supplies on Sunday.  I am going to try browsing mags at the library, and borrowing and photocopying pages from the ones I want (we own a decent color copier for our business  so this won't be too inconvenient or expensive, I'm hoping.)  Have to get dh to help me replace the toner.

Speedmum, when I did the baguas for my maps, I put family and close friends in the Health/Family bagua, middle left in the grid of 9 squares.  

sunnysandiegan - I remember that flower TM of yours.  It was beautiful!

#270 of 293 Old 04-02-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliesMomma View Post

thanks to this thread, my house is in better order than ever. it's NOT perfect. but i now have "pockets of clutter" in an otherwise ordered house, versus the opposite. thank you to whomever posted that idea, way uptread.

i still want to clean the ceiling fans. i think i will ask my husband to help me do it, since i typically have both kids underfoot at all times. 

it's my birthday weekend, so... new year, new YEAR ahead for me!!

i'm also looking forward to starting my garden seeds with the new moon on sunday. did i pick up that idea on this thread? i think so. i'm reading my daughter the Little House on the Prairie books, and getting some great gardening advice in the process. the third book, "Farmer Boy," is filled with details on exactly how they did farming, and they planted pumpkin seeds *on the new moon* in May. i will be doing that too this year. soooo interesting to see that the new moon/new seeds idea is not a new fangled idea, but rather REAL, practical and proven technique.

WOW!!

Happy Birthday!  How wonderful!

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page