Traditional Catholic Moms Spring/Summer 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 293 Old 04-09-2011, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just remembered something really cool that Jesus did for me....

Awhile back my daughters and I were playing cards a lot.I was telling them how Jesus is the true King of Hearts joy.gifand Mary is the Queen of Hearts.love.gif

Not long after this, I had a doctor's appointment that I was pretty nervous about.  It was with a physician I had never been to before.  I was praying about the situation I was in and asking for Jesus and Mary's help.  When I walked into the doctor's office, in the waiting room was a very large picture on the wall of the Queen of Hearts card!  It meant so much that Jesus would do something like that for me.  It's very encouraging to remember.

hang.gif

Gotta go now, doing a Ton of laundry today.

Mom of 6 and a new grandma.  Mom to a sweet boy with autism. Jesus is the love and the light of my lifestillheart.gif
homeschool.gif ribbonjigsaw.gifgrouphug.gifreading.gifwhale.giftea6.gif

#62 of 293 Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 AM

Hello all, another Catholic mama here! Cradle Catholic, fallen away in my teens due to family circumstances, and led back to the Church by the Holy Spirit in 2009. Thrilled to be Home, and thrilled to find other Catholic mamas here on MDC! I often feel very much out of my element and finding this thread is like finding a little piece of home in an exotic, fun, but sometimes unsettlingly different environment. My husband isn't Catholic (or baptized in any other faith), but this Easter my two girls are going to be baptized, yay! 

I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you all better, and to discuss the faith, the Church, and all aspects of being a Catholic mom!

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#63 of 293 Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 AM

Introducing myself as well. I am Kim, and I am 42. Cradle Catholic, fell away in my teens as well (my parents stopped going, despite a strong familial tie to the church that included 4 priests at the time), came back home in 1996 after a lot of searching. DH and I are part of the Worldwide Marriage Encounter ministry, music, teaching faith formation, etc. I was married pre-return and he left when my older 2 kids were very little. There was an annulment, and in 2000 I married my husband, who is amazing and I am so blessed. I have a 17 year old ds, 13 years old dd, 7 year old dd and I am 6 weeks pregnant. We homeschool.

The past 6 months has been a true trial of faith for me. It's certainly helped my prayer life so much! About a year and a half ago, DH and I discerned that we were being called to pursue adoption through the foster system. We have been open to life but not conceived since our 7 year old. We jumped through all the hoops, got approved and were waiting to be matched when I found out last October that I was pregnant. I went through some serious emotional ups and downs, mourning the loss of the adoption dream and celebrating the miracle pregnancy. I was scared the whole time! We found out at 9 1/2 weeks that our baby had passed away several weeks prior and our hearts broke. I had along and difficult miscarriage in late November.

We waited and healed, then on February 1st we resumed our adoption search. Several weeks ago i took a pg test and lo and behold, we were blessed with another miracle! I don't know how this will all play out, but I do feel more confident with this pregnancy than I did last time. I have been using a book called Prayerfully Expecting, which is basically a 9 month novena, and it's been really helpful to incorporate that into my daily prayer.

So, I am long winded this morning.  Sorry about that!

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#64 of 293 Old 04-12-2011, 12:56 PM
JMJ

Welcome, Snugglebugmom and Sagewinna!  Congratulations on your baby, sagewinna!  We'll be praying for you both.

#65 of 293 Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM

snugglebum and sagewinna- Glad you 2 made it over here.

I wanted to share a funny story about my 4yr old ds. We were discussing why we celebrate easter and that it was because jesus came back to life so that we could have eternal life. His eyes got huge and he smiled and said "good, i've been wanting to meet him". LOL it was soooo sweet. I had to explain that we can't meet him like that anymore but it was still pretty cute.

my pg is still going well. 12 1/2 wks and we heard the hb via doppler last sat. I am nervous as we lost Emeric at 17 wks but hopeful.

Hope everyone is doing well.

nicole wild.gif,  mom to 3 boys here on earth jumpers.gif 9, 7 and 4.5 and 2 girl's fly-by-nursing2.gif2.5 and 10/16/11. Always remembering my babies in heaven:  Sam (9/7/05) at 12.5 wks  angel1.gif, Morgan (2/13/06) at 6 wks angel1.gif , Emeric angel2.gif (8/9/10 at 17 wks) and Pepper angel1.gif (11/26/10) at 8wks. 

#66 of 293 Old 04-15-2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboysmama View Post

snugglebum and sagewinna- Glad you 2 made it over here.

I wanted to share a funny story about my 4yr old ds. We were discussing why we celebrate easter and that it was because jesus came back to life so that we could have eternal life. His eyes got huge and he smiled and said "good, i've been wanting to meet him". LOL it was soooo sweet. I had to explain that we can't meet him like that anymore but it was still pretty cute.

my pg is still going well. 12 1/2 wks and we heard the hb via doppler last sat. I am nervous as we lost Emeric at 17 wks but hopeful.

Hope everyone is doing well.

That is so sweet!  I love it.

God bless your sweet baby, prayers for you for a safe and joyful arrival!

Mom of 6 and a new grandma.  Mom to a sweet boy with autism. Jesus is the love and the light of my lifestillheart.gif

#67 of 293 Old 04-15-2011, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Welcome snugglebum and sagewinna !

Too cute theboysmama.

I am very excited. This weekend my husband and I are going to Retrouvaille. We have gone before and it was amazing. It is the first time in 6 years that we have gone anywhere without our children. I love my children to death but I am really looking forward to some time away.

Heidi
#68 of 293 Old 04-15-2011, 08:15 AM

We have friends that did Retrouvaille, we loved our Marriage Encounter weekend 3 1/2 years ago! It's so nice to spend time focusing on each other.  I will pray for you this weekend, I hope it's a wonderful one!

I took my faith Formation class(I have been subbing for 2 classes for the last 2 weeks) to do Stations last night in the church, it was 4-6 graders, and when we got to the Tabernacle they were so amazing... They filed into the chapel area so quiet, then they all kneeled, unprompted, onto the bare floor. We spent a few minutes there, then quietly left. It was a beautiful moment.

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#69 of 293 Old 04-15-2011, 08:32 AM

This is a very special Easter for me... My two girls will be baptized on Easter Sunday! I found my way back to the Church in 2009, and ever since then having my babies baptized has been a major, major thing for me. My husband went through RCIA and decided that baptism is just not for him at this time, but he doesn't mind if the girls are baptized. I can't wait! And with the new arrival in October I will be planning baptism as soon as baby arrives earth-side. orngbiggrin.gif

~Iris~ Catholic mama to DD1 11/15/05 * DD2 04/28/08 * brokenheart.gif06/23/2010 * and our little rainbow DS 10/07/11 love.gif

#70 of 293 Old 04-15-2011, 06:04 PM

Im so glad that I found this group as well.  Im a Cradle Catholic as well and slowly found my way back in my middle 20's.  Here I am now 30 and Im in charge of Fellowship, teach I Am Special (Preschool Faith Formation), member of Stewardship Council, member of the Respect Life Committee.  I hope that my children are as involved in the church when they grow up as I am now.  I can't wait to get to know everyone.

Amber ~  Wife to Justin ~ Mama to Kaydra ~ Houston ~ Kaitlyn ~ Kaydence ~ Carter ~ Kourtney

#71 of 293 Old 04-15-2011, 08:36 PM

I was just reading through and enjoying this thread. I love the comfortable feeling that everyone has here, it's so nice to see. I am also Catholic since birth, left for a little while and came back. I will have to check back more often to keep up.

Nina, wife to Michael , mama to DD1, DS1, and DS2, and "Bub" to
DD2
#72 of 293 Old 04-15-2011, 08:48 PM

What a great group! I often feel ostracized IRL because not many of my friends are Catholic, and some are Protestant who don't like the Catholic church for various reasons(many because of misunderstandings about it). I try to explain and defend my faith, but I get tired of it. I love being Catholic though, and I hope I my kids can grow up loving the faith too. :) I am a convert. DH and I converted about 4 years ago.

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#73 of 293 Old 04-16-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebugmom View Post

This is a very special Easter for me... My two girls will be baptized on Easter Sunday! I found my way back to the Church in 2009, and ever since then having my babies baptized has been a major, major thing for me. My husband went through RCIA and decided that baptism is just not for him at this time, but he doesn't mind if the girls are baptized. I can't wait! And with the new arrival in October I will be planning baptism as soon as baby arrives earth-side. orngbiggrin.gif

That is wonderful!  What a special day this Easter will be for your family.

Not much time to spend here lately but I will come back soon.  It is great to see more ladies coming here!

#74 of 293 Old 04-17-2011, 01:20 PM

Hope everyone had a blessed Palm Sunday! Anyone else make a blessed palm cross to put over your front door?

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

#75 of 293 Old 04-17-2011, 05:24 PM

I want to make one but I don't know how.

Amber ~  Wife to Justin ~ Mama to Kaydra ~ Houston ~ Kaitlyn ~ Kaydence ~ Carter ~ Kourtney

#76 of 293 Old 04-17-2011, 06:18 PM

I looked it up on youtube! smile.gif

#77 of 293 Old 04-17-2011, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

http://www.fisheaters.com/customslent11.html

Has directions for making a palm cross

Proud Catholic (30) and mama to V (10)
#78 of 293 Old 04-21-2011, 04:27 AM

:Prayers are needed please. Yesterday, John,my husband was at work feeling fine and within 15 minutes he got very ill and was in a ton of pain. He came home and we immediately went to the hospital. His pancreas is inflamed. They have admitted him. As of 3 hours ago he was running a pretty high fever. He has no risk factors for an inflamed pancreas.

Just because that is not stressful enough. I took Liam my youngest son to his check up with the rheumatologist yesterday afternoon and his one level they check via blood has been on the high side for about a year now. I have been told over and over not to worry. Well in a normal adult the level should be around 200. Liam's levels are over 2 million. They believe he has another autoimmune disease. They did additional testing yesterday. We will know for sure by Friday.  I could WeWWe

Heidi
#79 of 293 Old 04-21-2011, 08:47 AM
JMJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post

:Prayers are needed please. Yesterday, John,my husband was at work feeling fine and within 15 minutes he got very ill and was in a ton of pain. He came home and we immediately went to the hospital. His pancreas is inflamed. They have admitted him. As of 3 hours ago he was running a pretty high fever. He has no risk factors for an inflamed pancreas.

Just because that is not stressful enough. I took Liam my youngest son to his check up with the rheumatologist yesterday afternoon and his one level they check via blood has been on the high side for about a year now. I have been told over and over not to worry. Well in a normal adult the level should be around 200. Liam's levels are over 2 million. They believe he has another autoimmune disease. They did additional testing yesterday. We will know for sure by Friday.  I could WeWWe

Praying for you and yours this Holy Week.

#80 of 293 Old 04-21-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum4boys View Post

Prayers for you!

It seems often things happen all at once. God has got your back, remember that.  We just went through stuff like this a month ago, at some moments it seemed overwhelming. He brought us all through and He will bring all of you through too. 

I will be praying!!

#81 of 293 Old 04-22-2011, 11:31 AM

Prayers for you and your family, Heidi.

#82 of 293 Old 04-23-2011, 01:05 PM

Heidi, you and your family are in my prayers. What a scary situation, both with your husband and with your son. I hope things get better real soon. 

I looked online to find a way to make palm crosses, and the girls loved it. There is one over the front door, one in each of their rooms, and one in the devotional corner on my desk. I did have to tell the girls at some point that the palm branches were not to be used in mock sword fights. orngtongue.gif

#83 of 293 Old 04-24-2011, 05:52 AM
JMJ

Happy Easter, Catholic mamas!  Christ is risen!  Alleluia!

#84 of 293 Old 04-24-2011, 01:54 PM

Indeed, He is risen!  Happy Easter!

#85 of 293 Old 04-24-2011, 05:52 PM

Alleluia! 

Both my girls and my husband (that came as a complete surprise to me!) were baptized today, so for us it is a very very special Easter. Father laughed when he saw me after Mass, gave me a hug and said:"Your joy is complete, isn't it?!" So sweet. What a wonderful day!

#86 of 293 Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 PM

Heidi - hug2.gif  I hope that all is well with your family, and that Easter brought some respite and peace.

Quote:

Alleluia! 

Both my girls and my husband (that came as a complete surprise to me!) were baptized today, so for us it is a very very special Easter. Father laughed when he saw me after Mass, gave me a hug and said:"Your joy is complete, isn't it?!" So sweet. What a wonderful day!

What a lovely surprise!  Congrats and welcome to each of them.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. 

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi 

#87 of 293 Old 04-25-2011, 05:23 PM

Great Easter reflection from Fr. Roger Karban!

Risen or Resuscitated?

Quote:

... the evangelist here tells us that even though we hear the word of others (Mary of Magdala) on the subject, we still have to go to the tomb ourselves and eventually reach a point where we begin to believe.

Perhaps one of the reasons some of us have yet to encounter the risen Jesus is because we’re looking for someone who doesn’t exist: a resuscitated Jesus.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. 

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi 

#88 of 293 Old 04-25-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:

Alleluia! 

That's so awesome!

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#89 of 293 Old 04-25-2011, 11:16 PM

thank you everyone for the prayers.

My husband John is doing good. His pancreas being inflamed was caused by an allergic reaction to his new medication.

We have no news about our youngest son. We will not have answers until Wed. now.

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter.

Heidi
#90 of 293 Old 05-02-2011, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

I found out Divine Mercy Sunday that I am with child.  Prayers would be lovely as the father and I sort out what is best for our new little one.

Proud Catholic (30) and mama to V (10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page