March Pagan Circle - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Morning lovelies!  Red-ugh about the dentist!  I have a strong dislike for dentists which is really more about me than them as individuals. *shudder*

Aeress - I forgot to say that your trip sounded lovely! I love museums, they are so much fun to explore and just take in.  I think I should plan a trip with the boys soon to visit our museums again in town.  I don't think they are ready for Chicago's art museum just yet as I think they would find it too boring sleeping.gif

Lovemy3girls - very interesting article with astrology & cell salts.  I'm fascinated on how it all sort of interacts with one another.

Site visit is going well so far and I'm popping my cell salts (5phos) and today I brought my walnut for a little extra oophm as I'm set to be interviewed later this afternoon.  Thank you Aweyn for the reminder about the walnut!

Still checking out the TM thread and trying to get ready for that this weekend.  Much love to all ya'll! blowkiss.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#362 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3girls View Post

Hello all,

Happy mercury retrograde (not!) lol.gif Not my favorite transits either. This one is in Aries too. I wonder how beginning a treasure map during a retrograde goes...

Here is a cool article I found about astrology and flower essences and cell salts: http://www.sunherb.com/an_astrological_guide_to_health.htm

My cell salt is Calcium Fluoride (Cancer). I wonder if you can use the different salts during certain transits to support you (?)

Still decluttering here too, got to do something about the growing donation pile in the garage.

Carolina Kel, congratulations on your little giantess! I have 3 valkyries myself (DH's family is Norse, MIL from Sweden)

Just popping in to say hi to everyone! goodvibes.gif 

If you like that sort of thing (Astrology and Health), google Dylan Warren-Davies.  He's written at least one book (Astrology and Health).  He's a 4th generation herbalist - can even trace his roots back to Culpeper- for a time he was in Wales (wrote one of the definitive books on Welsh herbal medicine) but I think he's in Australia now.  He's got a few articles out there relating different herbs to different planets.  He's also got a book correlating palm characteristics to astrology and health, with a physiological underpinning (for the health part) not just hocus-pocus woo-woo stuff.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#363 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

Redveg- Mine was up a bit at my last appt. I am doing the same, eating better, exercising more and trying to keep the anxiety in check. It isn't easy.

So far, the mercury retrograde isn't kicking my butt like it usually does. Wonder why?

I stopped at my local health food store but they didn't have any cell salts and have stopped carrying the BF since they weren't selling as well. I guess I need to order them online.

http://luckyvitamins.com (I never remember if it has the "s" or not) has great prices and they carry FES flower essences (which are, in theory, better than the Nelsons' brand).  They also carry Hylands cell salts (which are made by the same parent company as the ones at Luyties/1-800-homeopathy).

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#364 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 08:45 AM

Just saw this appeal from Masaru Emoto about joining together in prayer to  heal the waters in Japan.  I thought I would share it here, since I first learned about Emoto on this thread, I believe!

worhttp://emotopeaceproject.blogspot.com/2011/03/to-our-friends-around-world.htm

#365 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 08:47 AM

Sigh, still sick, though somewhat better, and still no insurance. Allegedly, we'll know by tomorrow, but seeing as we've been told that over and over again, I'm loathe to believe it. The one good thing is that it should be backdated, but seriously, it should be simple math that gets us approved. We make under the income limits and we're not eligible for benefits at the jobs we have. So boom, we should get it. Anyway...

redveg, that's scary! I know when my blood pressure is up, I need potassium...or I've ingested MSG...and stressed. Hoping your stress level can go down soon.

I've just started reading Ronald Hutton's Triumph of the Moon, something I've wanted to read for a LONG time. It's dense, but very interesting. Anyone else read it? Thoughts?

Come ponder with me about food!
#366 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 09:16 AM

Redveg hug2.gif You have sounded for awhile now like you're really diving down about yourself. Is there anything you can do for a pick-me-up? I hate to see people's self esteem take a nosedive. I've lived there far too long. Hang in there. I'd like to see a way for you to start loving yourself a little more, hon hug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View PostSo far, the mercury retrograde isn't kicking my butt like it usually does. Wonder why?

So far it's not bothering me, either. Don't question...just be grateful lol.gif

Witchy, hope y'all get your insurance straightened out! I thought everybody with kids in MA got insurance? I hear through the grapevine that our state health insurance might add another tier for income. The kids' one. I sure as heck hope so. We're $29 over limit for my son to have insurance irked.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#367 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluets View Post

If you like that sort of thing (Astrology and Health), google Dylan Warren-Davies.  He's written at least one book (Astrology and Health).  He's a 4th generation herbalist - can even trace his roots back to Culpeper- for a time he was in Wales (wrote one of the definitive books on Welsh herbal medicine) but I think he's in Australia now.  He's got a few articles out there relating different herbs to different planets.  He's also got a book correlating palm characteristics to astrology and health, with a physiological underpinning (for the health part) not just hocus-pocus woo-woo stuff.

bluets, thank you for this info, I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to reading more about him! I am drawn to the alternative health field, (maybe as a possible career someday?)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

well, i love "diagnosing"... it's like playing a detective game.... only, more intuitive. if it's hard to get him to drink it in water, try the direct drops... aim for once in the morning and late at night..... those are considered the "threshold times" when they're most impactful. 

aweynsayl, that is so cool, you sound like you are very good at it. The threshold times are potent, great reminder!

mommamanjari, are you familiar with the astrologer Barbara Hand Clow? She writes equinox, solstice, and monthly new moon reports on current events and how they relate to the astrological weather and the Mayan calendar. http://www.handclow2012.com/astroflash.htm

Aubergine, about that pepper dream, go with it! I believe in "following your dreams"!  

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/cayenne.htm

Maiasaura, my father was an alcoholic and even though he never used anything like the God box, I have practised something similar to it for healing, forgiving, and letting go. I've burned papers in the fireplace (the God firepit?) and I have also read how you can "bury" them in the earth and "drown" them in water too. Burning them really did it for me though, they released through the smoke into the ether and were gone. I am so thankful he faced that nasty demon, and I know a lot of us have faced our demons. Nasty buggers they are too, good riddance!

redveg, I'm sorry about your unpleasant dental problem. Wisdom teeth are the worst! I had some uncomfortable deep cleaning done recently at the dentist but thankfully it was during the waning moon so that helped because any pain and swelling was minimal. Try to avoid the waxing and full moon for dental work if you can! Hope you recover and find your balance soon.

For anyone facing surgery, lots of positive healing energy for you! I had surgery to remove a cyst a few months ago and found it very helpful to read up on moon signs and phases and parts of the body they correlate to. In fact, I had to reschedule several times because of this but am so glad I did. It's amazing what a little knowledge like that can do.

Have a wonderful day everyone joy.gif

Knowledge is power.

But only as powerful as the mind which grasps it, reading.gif the heart which believes in it, heartbeat.gif and the hands which wield it.goodvibes.gif

#368 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 PM

Witchy, hope y'all get your insurance straightened out! I thought everybody with kids in MA got insurance? I hear through the grapevine that our state health insurance might add another tier for income. The kids' one. I sure as heck hope so. We're $29 over limit for my son to have insurance irked.gif

Yeah, that really blows. Health care should be a right, not a privilege.

No, we will get it--the system is just overloaded and ancient. the Governor will be getting a letter, for sure.

Come ponder with me about food!
#369 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 01:52 PM

Hugs, redveg!  I hope you are feeling better.  Wisdom tooth extraction is not comfortable.

The blood pressure spike really does work as a wakeup call, doesn't it?  I am really hoping myself to be better with the exercise now that the snow is finally melting here and we can get outside.  What changes have you made?  What exercise will you be doing?

I have a cavity in a tooth that has a crown - apparently big enough that they will need to remove the crown and make a new one to fill it.  I'm taking a teeth cell salts combo 4x a day (calc flour, calc phos, mag phos, ferr phos and silica) and hoping for results even a fraction as spectacular as I got with ferr phos and mag phos for headaches.  If I do need a replacement crown, that's a couple thousand bucks and we are without dental insurance atm. My appointment is in just under 3 weeks.... 

Others around me have been quite sick with influenza and I have a barely noticable cold  only - I wonder if these salts are helping with that as well.

You may be having your interview as I type this, ktg.  Thinking of you. And thinking of you, Liza, with your surgery upcoming.

More goodies for my "links and books to read recommended by bluets!"  Yay!  (I totally have a file for that ;-))

Thanks for the link on cayenne, Lovemy3girls.  I've been taking cayenne the past few days (probably helping my cold, too)  and  had never really thought about cayenne as a herbal remedy for some reason.  Now I'm defintely going to make some tincture this fall!

When you put flowers in the water, don't forget to speak loving words, per Emoto, to raise the vibration of the water.  I've been thinking of that today!

Will check out Clow, too, thx for the rec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3girls View Post

Quote:

aweynsayl, that is so cool, you sound like you are very good at it. The threshold times are potent, great reminder!

mommamanjari, are you familiar with the astrologer Barbara Hand Clow? She writes equinox, solstice, and monthly new moon reports on current events and how they relate to the astrological weather and the Mayan calendar. http://www.handclow2012.com/astroflash.htm

Aubergine, about that pepper dream, go with it! I believe in "following your dreams"!  

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/cayenne.htm

#370 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi, everyone (again). It's so hard to keep up with this thread! I haven't been in for ages. I've had about a dozen spiritual crises and the past year has been a year of terrible luck in our family. My mil had 2 TIAs and just had surgery on her carotid. My 6 yo was diagnosed with profound hypothyroidism after a tsh of 617. My son has scoliosis, joint hypermobility, maybe Ehlers-Danlos but not a tangled caudal equina. I had a hard pregnancy, then I injured my back. After that I had a severely infected toe, dizziness from a busted eardrum, a tympanoplasty with horrible recovery two weeks ago, and for 4 months I've had a strained rib muscle or gallstones. We're not sure which. But I've been in constant debilitating pain for ages.

Needless to say, it's been tough but I'm ready to join back in! Does anyone have any good prayers or anything for good health?

I will say that my prayers and birth beads with my goddess charm really helped during labor. I needed the luck and blessing, too. It turns out my placenta was ridiculously close to my cervix. I thank the Goddess every day for that. I even bought a Bast statue to put by my bed as a reminder. Now I need to get my drugged up butt working on my treasure map!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#371 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post Health care should be a right, not a privilege.

OMG, yes, that! In spades. yeahthat.gif nod.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View PostI've had about a dozen spiritual crises and the past year has been a year of terrible luck in our family. My mil had 2 TIAs and just had surgery on her carotid. My 6 yo was diagnosed with profound hypothyroidism after a tsh of 617. My son has scoliosis, joint hypermobility, maybe Ehlers-Danlos but not a tangled caudal equina. I had a hard pregnancy, then I injured my back. After that I had a severely infected toe, dizziness from a busted eardrum, a tympanoplasty with horrible recovery two weeks ago, and for 4 months I've had a strained rib muscle or gallstones. We're not sure which. But I've been in constant debilitating pain for ages.

Needless to say, it's been tough but I'm ready to join back in! Does anyone have any good prayers or anything for good health?

Holy cow, lady! That's enough for an army. I don't know any specific prayers offhand, but I will keep your family in mine!

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#372 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 10:03 PM

Well ladies, I just scanned the last 45 posts or so. I didn't absorb everything, but I just wanted to say a few things.

God Box! Yes, thanks. What a good way to release things.

Carolina Kel, congratulations on your new babe!

Love My 3 Girls- I bookmarked the link. I can't say I'm familiar with her. I'm very interested in astrology, but I have never retained much about it. I have a really good & thorough book-Parker's Astrology, I think. It tells how to draw charts and has explanations of all the aspects. I'd love to spend a lot of time to learn it all...for now I just look things up as I go.

Kitty Witty- What a load! goodvibes.gif I hope things get better now that you know what's wrong and can treat the problems.

Good bye March, seems to be gone in a flash.

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
#373 of 378 Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post

Ugh. That is "a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad" health streak for your family.  I don't really have a prayer, well maybe it is when I feel like i need extra health or healing:

"My body is strong inside and out. My mind strong. My heart is strong.  As winter turns to spring, and the new life grows, so does the new tissue in my body.  The leaf bud, my new [xxxxx].  It will soon be a new leaf and I will be whole as well."

--I modify for each season, but it helps to have a visual for me.  (In fall winter, I emphasize how fall and winter are about retreating and hibernating to build up strength and repair and reform for the coming year)

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#374 of 378 Old 04-01-2011, 06:30 AM

Good morning, mamas! Happy April! orngbiggrin.gif flowersforyou.gif

From my card deck that I draw one every day, and there's one word on it-- today's word was RELEASE. How fitting for the last days before TM time, and especially that I will be working on releasing my attachment to our house and town, huh?

Aubergine68 likes this.

#375 of 378 Old 04-01-2011, 06:32 AM

Morning Lovelies - April's thread is now up!

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1306247/april-pagan-circle-spring-is-in-the-air

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#376 of 378 Old 04-01-2011, 06:50 AM

I wanted to say - Hello,  kittywitty!  Great to see you here again, although I'm sorry for the rough stuff healthwise for you and your family.  

See everyone on the April thread!

#377 of 378 Old 04-01-2011, 07:05 AM

KittyWitty!  Its great to see you back! Oh moly mother of all!  I don't have much in the way of health prayers or requests ... I'm rather free form on that front. 

If I remember correctly (which I might not since I'm only on my 1st cuppa today!)  I believe green is contected to health.  Back in the day when I was first dabbling in magick I used to burn a small green candle with a picture propped up of the person who needed the healing (me, friend etc..) and tried to send healing thoughts to them or myself while the candle burned.

#378 of 378 Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good idea. Thanks!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page