March Pagan Circle - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New month, new thread! joy.gif

Have your favorite drink, take a seat and lets chat!

treehugger.gif

Valérie   
#2 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 04:49 AM

Good March to all!

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
#3 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 04:53 AM

Dude, where did February go? Only three more weeks until spring! I'm ready. cold.gif

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#4 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 06:29 AM

I am sooooooo ready for Spring!  Yesterday's rain turned much of the snow to slush but last night's freeze turned that slush to ice.  It's seriously dangerous outside with several inches of solid smooth as glass ice covering the ground.  The ice is so thick you don't break through to the foot or so on snow under it, but because of the snow the ice is all wavy... so even harder to walk on.  Feeding the chickens this morning was sort of "three stooges" meets ice-capades.  LOL

We've now watched, re-watched, and even memorized the dialog to every MythBusters disc in the Netflicks collection.  So I've started the girls on Changing Rooms.  We saw the episode with the "bedroom wormery" and now they want worms in their bedroom.  :)  I think it's a fun idea too so I think DH might have a project on the way.  Of course, we have to finish building the bedroom.  Sigh.  Our next house is going to be DONE DONE DONE when we move in or I'm not moving.  I want a house where the only thing I have to do is decide on a paint color and maybe change a light fixture or two.  That's it.  And you know the really crazy thing is... with another kiddo on the way we're going to be in a space jam no matter what.  We're trying to come up with a way to fit another bedroom in, but it's twitchy.  We just don't have enough "exterior wall" or "interior floorspace" to meet code for a bedroom.  Maybe a den that we could put a bunk bed in?  But that would require that we give up the living room that we JUST built and moved into.  I know a babe doesn't need much space right off the bat, and I still hope to move in the next 3 years or so, but argh!  We're a solid "one babe behind" already!  LOL

Starting to plan our Equinox celebration and dd1's birthday.  She turns 6yo in April and it is all she talks about these days.  Seriously.  her conversations go back and forth between mythbusters and what she wants for her birthday.  (the two share more than you think since she wants "mythbuster birthday" with gifts like a remote control helicopter which she refuses to call anything but "heli" since that's what they called it in the postage stamp myth.  sigh)  I have relatives with a guest house in Philly so I think we'll go to Philly for the weekend... IKEA (a bday request) and the Zoo or Museum (another request).  Then I need to find an affordable remote control helicopter, a backpack, and a "silk crown" just like the one dd1 saw somewhere.   But Equinox comes first... we'll have our Spring Baskets in bed (seeds to plant and a few peat pots, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, maybe a ribbon wand or wind catcher), then our "spring shower" where everyone takes a quick quick shower with mint or rose oil to wash off winter, then a trip to a park to wave ribbon wands, throw birdseed and flower seed, and make lots of "welcome spring" noise.  I'm glad we'll have a whole Sunday to do it all!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#5 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 07:06 AM

Happy March, everyone! Surely spring *must* come soon!

Was up very late and very early doing extra laundry.and cleaning. If I wasn't too bleary to go dig out the coffeemaker, I 'd be breaking my no-coffee streak today, for sure. Ah well, a head lice experience sure kick-starts the treasure map housecleaning!

The New Moon is coming on Friday, I believe - I really want to get some garden planning done, some seeds started with the grow lights indoors -- I'll do most of the seed-starting in early April but can't resist trying for some early starts in case we get a warm May and can plant out early.

I have never seen Mythbusters - we have a free trial of Netflix (new here). I"ll have to look for that. I saw my first Superwhy episode last night....

#6 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 AM

This is the first year both kids have really dialed in to the concept of holidays and they're reeeeeally excited about Ostara. I'm excited, too, because we've found a group of local families who are either pagan or pagan-friendly and into celebrating holidays, so we're going to have other kids to play with on Ostara. joy.gif

I'm on the disabled list now, so we've seen a lot of changes this winter. DD started first grade at the public elementary school a bit over a month ago, and DS started a full-time preschool program. We were homeschooling before that. I miss them a lot, but I'm really happy with how the preschool program is working out for ds and dd is happy to try public school, even if I'm not too thrilled with the general structure of the school system and the academic approach they have. The kids really needed a break from my illness and I know this is best for them right now. It gets me some rest during the day, too, which will hopefully help me get on top of my symptoms. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last summer and I seem to fall on the severe end of the spectrum.

What are y'all planning for Ostara?
#7 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 07:39 AM

Happy March!

Feeling exhausted today. DD who is 3.5 is co-sleeping with us and she is shoving her head in my back all night and I just can't get comfortable. Needless to say, I need more/better sleep.

Aubergine - lice! eek! Hope those little things are gone quickly!

Clay - more space...I would love that too. DH and I often think of our ideal home...with space for a library, temple space, bathtub we can actually stretch out in or sit in semi-comfortably...lol. I hope you are able to find something that works for you. This season of decluttering may help reveal some new thoughts for you (and maybe floor space?).

Treasure map - I am defiantely feeling the urge to clean and prepare although I still find my map the most beautiful thing I have ever made, so I guess that is a good thing! I am also in the space of wanting to make space for baby. We are in a fairly small space so the kids will share a room (technically) but we will co-sleep with the little one for sure and hope that buys us some time. It is more the clothing space we have to work on. I think with the closet size that is in that room, it should work out fine.

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#8 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 08:15 AM

Happy March all:)

I am so ready for Spring!  This has been one tough Winter for me for some reason.  Too long, too cold and too dark! 

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#9 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 08:56 AM

Happy March!!  Bring on the lions & the lambs!   I am ready for spring to be hear and to finally open up the house to let that fresh air in!  I can't wait to be done decluttering so I can then clean and scrub it all down.  I'm thinking about adding a bit of boost with some EO to my cleaning solution to welcome in the spring, any ideas?  I love mint and maybe some rosemary i love that combo so much!! Also any suggestions for hanging up a broom?  I have a lovely decorative one which I want to hang over our back door, but I'm perplexed in trying to figure out to mount it. 

Goals for this week -

Finish & file our taxes (they are like 90% done) and I'm hoping we do not have to mail them in and can e-file them 

Continue to declutter and get pictures/items up on Craigslist for the stuff to be rid of.  Also setting a deadline of being sold in 1month -otherwise its going to be donated

Send off xmas gifts (finally) to the gparents

Goals for the month:

Figure out DH's birthday present and help him figure out mine winky.gif

Select pictures of the kids & Hang up pictures in the house

Figure out little alter areas for my house (some high, some low for the kids to get into)

Scrub down entire house & air it out

Aubergine - *squick* at those little buggers! I hope you are enjoying your cuppa as I just finished mine for the day and now I'm on to my first cup of tea for the day to keep me sane.

Clay - we're a netflixes house here too.  I'm digging on season 1 of Buffy (and wow I feel old watching that!) and I think I set aside the Madness of King George to rewatch again,  the kids are totally in love with Phineas & Ferb (very cute,& smart cartoon) and DH loves the comedy specials.

Earthmama- Glad to hear of your plans!! woohoo for schools, recouping with illnesses (especially chronic) and all that jazz.

SA - yes on the sleep front - MORE SLEEP please.  I might ask for that on my birthday.

I'm trying to figure out what to do for Ostara and I'm thinking (if I can pull it off) to dye some hallowed eggs and either glue or wire them to my grapevine wreath for the holiday.  I did see an easter tree (vinyl wall decoration) and that looked super cool to hang up on a wall with some added personal touches.

Ok off to work!  hi ho hi ho...

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#10 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 09:02 AM

The TM vibe is definately pulling on me... even without a new babe to be I think I'd be feeling the floor space issue.  LOL  I NEED places to put stuff.  Especially since one of our storage sheds collapsed under the snow (it's a metal shed, the snow bent the ridge beam and while we have a house jack preventing total failure... that shed holds a LOT of very important stuff that simply doesn't fit inside the house yet) so there is that sense of urgency too.  I've been saving magazines for the TM... new to me and not yet looked at by me so that counts, right?  :)

mythbusters- there is some profanity/sass/adult content (it's a Discovery Channel show, there are visits to fetish shops, discussions of semen and unwanted pregnancy, almost every episode involves someone getting injured, etc) so do keep that in mind if you're showing it to younger kiddos.  But basically they take "myths" and test them... kind of scientifically, always amusingly.  So things like "do you get more wet walking in the rain or running in the rain?", or "can bug bombs blow up a house?", or "can pop rocks and soda kill you?" or any of those things that turn up in massively forwarded emails.  LOL  The girls love it, there's a great "maker" vibe and try-try-again creativity ethic, and it's nice to see women "doing science, blowing stuff up, and looking fabulous along with the guys".  And of course, Dh and I watched it from season one when we had tv access so it's fun for us too.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#11 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 09:34 AM

why is it telling me my mobile browser can only load basic editor? hmmmm......

huzzah and happy march!

aubergine, hugs!

ktg, lurve the wreath idea! i have some blown eggs we did last year (yep, i managed to move them back without breaking them! wheee!), and want to do more this year, including some for the wreath. right now my wreath is snake-a-fied. lol.gif

space issues.... the three of us spent more than 4 years living almost entirely in one 12x12 bedroom.... so, i hear ya! upside, i decluttered a LOT in that time, lol. it's been splendiferous unpacking-- and unpacking more...things i didnt really realize were still "packed"... til i realized i dont have to keep things all crammed inside pillowcases stacked upon themselves in a tiny closet..... that was mind-broadening, to say the least. lol.gif

march look-ahead..... i'm still doing my "constitutional" FE and cell salt for the whole month of march... love watching/feeling things unravel and change. feels like a nice thing to be experiencing as spring approaches! hoping to feel somewhat of a "done"ness with a phase of it by TM time.... this whole process was totally set forth by my 2010 TM, so that feels possible. have a feeling learning about FEs and cell salts, and maybe a certification course in FEs will make an appearance on my 2011 map...... and probably some Real Flowers in my Garden as well. lol. guess it's likely to be a very flowery map! flowersforyou.gif

did a little cleaning this morning~ felt really nice. i am so ready for the warmer weather.... supposed to get to 80 tomorrow..... must be sure to make it to the pool! joy.gif
#12 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View PostHave your favorite drink, take a seat and lets chat!

Posh coffee for me, please. Heavy cream or half and half, no sweetener yummy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostOnly three more weeks until spring! I'm ready. cold.gif

I think Spring starts at Imbolc, really. It's gotten entirely too warm here, already, though. I would like a Last Blast of winter so I can be sure to appreciate the warmer weather. We did have a spectacular, if very short, thunderstorm last night, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View PostBut Equinox comes first... we'll have our Spring Baskets in bed (seeds to plant and a few peat pots, chocolate covered sunflower seeds, maybe a ribbon wand or wind catcher), then our "spring shower" where everyone takes a quick quick shower with mint or rose oil to wash off winter, then a trip to a park to wave ribbon wands, throw birdseed and flower seed, and make lots of "welcome spring" noise.  I'm glad we'll have a whole Sunday to do it all!

Love it! Oh, backpack...I found a killer almost-new one at Goodwill for only $2. Got it for ds's 10th and filled it with all sorts of outdoor/survival stuff. He went nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View PostAh well, a head lice experience sure kick-starts the treasure map housecleaning!

Yeah, I saw that on the tail end of the Feb. thread. EW! Did you manage to get rid of them? fingersx.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369 View PostWhat are y'all planning for Ostara?

Here's hoping you get much-needed rest. We also homeschooled, till I hit a wall with having no me-time at ALL (single mom) and so put ds in school. Ostara-- no idea. It's so far from Easter this year, and ds expects (ha) baskets on both. As if. I know I'll probably go to the public ritual, and if it's outdoors, probably offer my help with kids' activities. Even though it's now more little-kid activities. I used to do it when ds was very little. Now he's aged out, but sometimes I still pitch in with the littles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View PostThe TM vibe is definately pulling on me... even without a new babe to be I think I'd be feeling the floor space issue.  LOL  I NEED places to put stuff.  Especially since one of our storage sheds collapsed under the snow (it's a metal shed, the snow bent the ridge beam and while we have a house jack preventing total failure... that shed holds a LOT of very important stuff that simply doesn't fit inside the house yet) so there is that sense of urgency too.  I've been saving magazines for the TM... new to me and not yet looked at by me so that counts, right?  :)

Yes, it counts! I do  that, too. Though I do buy a couple of new ones also. Space-- I want LESS space.

Clay, when I was in college, I lived in a split double room (so had the space of less than a single, really). It was popular to have a loft bed in that situation, if you could get one. It was basically like a bunk bed without the bottom bunk: 4x4s with a platform for a single mattress up top, and a ladder built in to get up there. And a railing all the way 'round for safety. It was WAY up high, and I kept my drafting table underneath. It really freed up a lot of space. I'm picturing also, for you, bunks for the kids, those stretchy nets for stuffed animals on the walls, shoe storage thingies for the backs of doors (but not necessarily for shoes), lots and lots and lots of shelving. Only up high (or since you're building, maybe built-ins? So as not to take up valuable floor space?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Postwhy is it telling me my mobile browser can only load basic editor? hmmmm......
and probably some Real Flowers in my Garden as well. lol. guess it's likely to be a very flowery map! flowersforyou.gif

As opposed to...fake flowers in the garden? duck.gif

Yeah, mine did that when I tried to reply to February. How annoying, huh?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#13 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 12:41 PM

Hello lovelies. I had a whole reply typed out last night, but my computer ate it! :-\ So let me see if I can remember what I wrote.

Well, I am sick again. Sore throat and wicked nauseous since yesterday. I got saltines today and had them in my purse at work. One of the ladies came over and asked me if I "ate them in the morning"? That made me laugh. Kinda missing an essential component in getting pregnant! ;)

I got lost in the last couple pages of February with all the FE, cell salts and varied diet talk. No clue what any of it was about.

So yesterday I found this book called The Pagan Book of Days. It goes through every day of the year and its pagan roots. Turns out my birthday (march 16) is the beginning of the two day festival of Dionysus(aka Bacchus), the god of wine. :)

Um, in other news....I babysat my friend's 4 month old this Saturday, and brought her to visit my family. I haven't been home since Christmas, so it was pretty awkward. My sisters asked some questions, then my youngest sis started really asking questions and getting upset when I didn't answer them anymore. Blah.

Oh, I start my herbal apprenticeship on the 12th! I am so excited. I'm doing the Gaia School of Healing in VT, for the next 8 months! =)

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
#14 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 01:04 PM

Afternoon Dears!

February, mayou become a very distant memory~

Clay- space- What about a murphy bed? Might help free up space, while adding a bed type space.

Aubergine- lice is a real bugger, isn't it? I worked for a woman who tried everything, we cleaned, we washed, we treated and it was over a month before her one dd was rid of them. Mom finally chopped her hair. *hugs*How is ds feeling?

Aweyn- I was thinking of you this morning but after the day i had, I can't remember what I was going to ask you.

I would really love to run away! My normal taking a bath and reading retreat hasn't even broken my funk. Maybe I can get the kids out of the house, and do some shopping therapy. All 3 girls need new undies, which I was going to put in their baskets, but dh thought it a bit odd to put them in there. I am thankful we can celebrate Ostara and later easter. I was browing etsy for basket ideas...something fun and unique to use for their baskets. I didn't come up with anything, but lately I have been purchasing soap for the girls and they enjoy that as a gift. I am also thinking new garden gloves, an electric candle (they love them) and some small chocolates.

I also totally lost it with the girls today- I went to help the 3yr old get dressed and I couldn't even open their door cause they had crammed clothes, shoes, toys and blankets behind it. *ugh* And if dh doesn't complete his darn masters program, he is going to put me over the edge- he isn't even working on it and I can't figure out what the hell is up, since he won't talk to me about it. He says he is getting stuff done, but he is home every night, and goes to bed when I do, so there is no way he is working on it. I just don't want him to keep putting it off, cause everytime he does, I end up putting stuff off.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#15 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 01:49 PM

Haven't read this thread yet but wanted to pop in quickly.

Things are really busy and hectic here.  We are having a consultation with an education lawyer Wednesday morning to see what he recommends in regards to ds's school/IEP.

I don't want to give details here but I have a plan.  Just want to see if I'm on the right track and if they lawyer will push for it.

Hope that everyone has a happy, healthy, and prosperous March!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#16 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 04:42 PM

Happy March all!

I have a sense of great things afoot....I'm hoping that for us all! If anything, I think we all need a happy break.

Come ponder with me about food!
#17 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

Happy March!!  Bring on the lions & the lambs!   I am ready for spring to be hear and to finally open up the house to let that fresh air in!

Goals for the month:

Select pictures of the kids & Hang up pictures in the house

Figure out little alter areas for my house (some high, some low for the kids to get into)

Scrub down entire house & air it out

I'm digging on season 1 of Buffy (and wow I feel old watching that!)

I'm trying to figure out what to do for Ostara and I'm thinking (if I can pull it off) to dye some hallowed eggs and either glue or wire them to my grapevine wreath for the holiday.  I did see an easter tree (vinyl wall decoration) and that looked super cool to hang up on a wall with some added personal touches.

I'm so looking forward to airing out the house for good. A deep clean is definitely in order. We winterized, so even though we've had some unusually warm days this winter, I often couldn't open the windows, because they were covered with plastic (though all winter long my littles have been destroying this, so maybe if I just wait long enough they'll do it for me, lol). But yeah, right there with you with pictures and cleaning. My four year old has access to an altar, but I was wondering if anyone had good altar ideas that could be accessible to my 12 month old? Even with found nature objects, he will chew on it until it breaks into little pieces and he chokes. But I am definitely going to try blowing eggs and dying them this year. This will be my first vernal equinox as a non-vegan. Exciting.

Oh, and Buffy is just about the best show ever. I watched it as an adolescent, and I still love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

mythbusters- there is some profanity/sass/adult content (it's a Discovery Channel show, there are visits to fetish shops, discussions of semen and unwanted pregnancy, almost every episode involves someone getting injured, etc) so do keep that in mind if you're showing it to younger kiddos.  But basically they take "myths" and test them... kind of scientifically, always amusingly.  So things like "do you get more wet walking in the rain or running in the rain?", or "can bug bombs blow up a house?", or "can pop rocks and soda kill you?" or any of those things that turn up in massively forwarded emails.  LOL  The girls love it, there's a great "maker" vibe and try-try-again creativity ethic, and it's nice to see women "doing science, blowing stuff up, and looking fabulous along with the guys".  And of course, Dh and I watched it from season one when we had tv access so it's fun for us too.

Sounds like a show my husband would love. Well, I think my daughter (4) might love it, too, but I might need to preview it before she sees it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

I think Spring starts at Imbolc, really. It's gotten entirely too warm here, already, though. I would like a Last Blast of winter so I can be sure to appreciate the warmer weather. We did have a spectacular, if very short, thunderstorm last night, though!

Here's hoping you get much-needed rest. We also homeschooled, till I hit a wall with having no me-time at ALL (single mom) and so put ds in school. Ostara-- no idea. It's so far from Easter this year, and ds expects (ha) baskets on both. As if. I know I'll probably go to the public ritual, and if it's outdoors, probably offer my help with kids' activities. Even though it's now more little-kid activities. I used to do it when ds was very little. Now he's aged out, but sometimes I still pitch in with the littles.

This winter has been very unusual in general, but one of the strangest parts of it has been all the thunderstorms while snowing. I can't remember the last winter I saw lightening when it was snowing before this year, and then we had two.

I went to a public ritual for Ostara a couple of years ago, but we haven't been to any public rituals since that group disbanded. I would love to go to a public ritual, but I'm not really sure how to find a little kid-friendly one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsunshine85 View Post

I got lost in the last couple pages of February with all the FE, cell salts and varied diet talk. No clue what any of it was about.

Me, too.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#18 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeress View PostAubergine- lice is a real bugger, isn't it?

I also totally lost it with the girls today- I went to help the 3yr old get dressed and I couldn't even open their door cause they had crammed clothes, shoes, toys and blankets behind it. *ugh* And if dh doesn't complete his darn masters program, he is going to put me over the edge- he isn't even working on it and I can't figure out what the hell is up, since he won't talk to me about it. He says he is getting stuff done, but he is home every night, and goes to bed when I do, so there is no way he is working on it. I just don't want him to keep putting it off, cause everytime he does, I end up putting stuff off.

Aubergine, that was TOTALLY a bad pun, you! Augh!

Do you give baskets for both Ostara and Easter?

I'm sorry about your issues...is there any way you can detach from them? And let people deal with the consequences of their own shyte? Unless it directly affects you. Then you have to take a different tack. Sigh.

Mamas....I took a hell of a fall today. I'm too old for this! I was going to have shopping therapy...got to Barnes and Noble and tripped UP the curb. Did not even see it at all. I'm so used to a ramp, I guess. So it happened so fast that I'm not really sure what happened, but I think I kind of flipped over and landed on my back, and must have used my hand to break the fall. I spent all the damn afternoon at the doctor's office and then at the imagery place getting an Xray. WITH hyper ds in tow. He behaved admirably, I have to say-- AND my hand is not broken! But it's very badly bruised and I can hardly use it. It's my dominant hand greensad.gif And it's starting to bruise horribly. It's very swollen. Even with ice on it most of the day.

The best news is it was only like $80 at the doctor's and $67 at the Imagery place! Remember, I'm not insured, so I was more concerned about the dang money than my hand. Driving is a challenge...so is typing.

But I have to say I am having high gratitude moments! I do not drive a stick. I can type and communicate even if I can't much write. I can eat with my left hand. I can do LOTS of things with my left hand. The morning ablutions are going to be fun eyesroll.gif But it's not broken. It wasn't expensive, even if I had to put it all on credit. We got out of both places in 3 hours total. It hurts like a beech lol.gif but I think it'll be alright.

I really hope the bruising is gone by the time I go to M's on the 10th. I don't think it will-- I think it'll hurt for a good while. But I can figure things out winky.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#19 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View PostMy four year old has access to an altar, but I was wondering if anyone had good altar ideas that could be accessible to my 12 month old? Even with found nature objects, he will chew on it until it breaks into little pieces and he chokes. But I am definitely going to try blowing eggs and dying them this year. This will be my first vernal equinox as a non-vegan. Exciting.

I went to a public ritual for Ostara a couple of years ago, but we haven't been to any public rituals since that group disbanded. I would love to go to a public ritual, but I'm not really sure how to find a little kid-friendly one.

Which is why I got involved in the public ones here. I said "I'll be happy to organize the kids' activities!" lol.gif Which, I don't think they were planning on having. But my boy was like 3 or 4 at the time and I am a single mom and couldn't go anywhere w/o him, so...I printed out coloring pages, and organized an egg hunt, and other things. If you want to do that for your area, PM me and I'll get more detailed about what-all I did. It wasn't hard. Or I can type it on here if everyone wants to hear it.

1yo altar-- I'm thinking of those Melissa & Doug wooden fruits and veggies that are velcro'd together that you cut with a wooden knife, or maybe felted fruits and veggies. They represent Nature but they are big and chewable!

#20 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 07:07 PM

hey howdy hey!

time is just flying by! i can't believe it is march already. 

i am having a sort of spiritual hmmmm not sure what to call it. it isn't a crisis, but just sort of not feeling it right now. feeling a greater pull towards buddhism again. anyway...

house stuff in maine seems to be getting done and not as bad as we thought.

gonna have to get over to the TM thread... this last one went so well. :)

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#21 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 07:55 PM

Maia - glad your hand is okay.  I have had tremendous success with arnica (topical and by mouth) at minimizing bruises.  With my kids that is a very good thing. 

Space - we are space critical here too. 

Oops. I'll add more, but pizza got here. Yum!--Dinner in tummy & babes in bed. Woo Hoo! OK, I'm back.

Space:  We have a 3 bedroom, but one room is very small by modern US standards (7x11 ft) and we are setting it aside as our guest room/office area.  The kids will share a room whenever we get DD out of our bed. We got DS a half-height loft bed. DD's bed is under it, but perpendicular. The foot of her bed only has about 12" clearance, but that doesn't effect anything (expect for making changing sheets a pain). When she is older, we'll get her another half-height loft bed so that they'll have the full floor space under the 2 beds.

We've had beautiful sunny but cold weather. A high pressure system is covering nearly the entire state. The downside of this is I've had a headache since Friday. You'd think at some point my 'inside the head' pressure with equalize with the environment.  Now I just want some good mid-winter overcast skies. Looks like the 'high-clear' will be with us for at least another 2 days. 

DH will be working at a park unit about 70 miles north of here starting Thursday (his "Monday") for the next 2 weeks. He has a cabin he can stay in instead of commuting, not sure how that is going to work out. We might stay there this weekend - but I'm not sure if the cabin is heated & I'm not keen on sub-zeros without it right now. I know it doesn't have piped water.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#22 of 378 Old 03-01-2011, 10:41 PM

ok, does anyone else's SO act like they are incapable of going out on a road trip? the boys and i got a free pass to this museum that is a bit of a drive from our house, not a LOOONG way but about 45 minutes or so. dh keeps trying to talk me out of going. and then saying things like you know to get gas, or is it a good place, worth the drive? are you sure you want to go there with all the kids. i am about to give him a smack! i know to fill up the tank, i take the kids all over the place with me, and i have no idea if the museum is good or not, but it will be a change from staying at home all darn day! grrrr i know he does this because he worries about me, but i pisses me off alot! i am almost 40, i take the kids every place, and i neeeed to get out. i wish he would not do this, it just makes me so mad. >:(

h

mama to 6 amazing children joy.gif married to my main man for 21 years love.gif and finally home FULL time dishes.gifhang.gifknit.gif

#23 of 378 Old 03-02-2011, 01:08 AM

I'm so happy it's March.  The sun has truly returned (well, for us northern-hemisphere types) and it is Owl Month.

I was also just outside watching the aurora!! Equinox coincides with the largest tidal difference this year too - so that will be a very neat full moon.

I can't believe my baby cries again. She's 15 months, how much does she need to nurse!!!!!

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#24 of 378 Old 03-02-2011, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

treehugger.gif

DD2 asked me if we're going to celebrate the first day of Spring this morning. I asked her what she had in mind. She told me she'd like to hide little gifts and eggs. orngbiggrin.gif

I haven't talk about Ostara with her as we usually just have a special meal and I have a ritual by myself then we celebrate Easter with the family so I don't know where she picked the idea but I sure love it! joy.gif

Heading to TMap time... The purging/decluttering energy is crazy!  (there is something with Uranus about to enter Aries after 84 years in Pisces... Big changes...)   I put my foot down and DD1 will be out of here by March 15...  Ya, crazy decluttering... dizzy.gif

Valérie   
#25 of 378 Old 03-02-2011, 06:18 AM

Mamaofthree- how is the new babe doing? Glad the house stuff is resolving itself.

Maia- good advice dear, I will meditate on it :) 

Yes, we celebrate both because I came to paganism late, when my middle dd was born and my oldest was already use to easter.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#26 of 378 Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 AM

Maia- *hugs* arnica for the bruising, the rub kind if you have it. *hugs* try to rest and I do find ice helps it feel better

#27 of 378 Old 03-02-2011, 06:48 AM

Ouch, Maia! Hope you heal quickly.

Ostara-I love Ostara. We're going to a storytelling day for my little girl's sake, and we do have a basket in the works for her. She can use the basket for when my family does the Easter Egg hunt, me thinks, but I don't really want to do two baskets. Ye Gods, I can't wait for real spring. The snow is melting, albeit very slowly. But I can see ground!!!

Come ponder with me about food!
#28 of 378 Old 03-02-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View PostMaia - glad your hand is okay.  I have had tremendous success with arnica (topical and by mouth) at minimizing bruises.  With my kids that is a very good thing. 

I have an arnica rub that's locally made, sort of like ben-gay with menthol in it. I just put some on. I hope it helps. I slept pretty well and tried to keep my hand elevated throughout the night, but it is frightfully swollen today anyway greensad.gif Why? What does it mean? Trying to rememeber about swollen from nursing school. I Know this isn't good even though it doesn't hurt as much as yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaofthree View Postok, does anyone else's SO act like they are incapable of going out on a road trip? the boys and i got a free pass to this museum that is a bit of a drive from our house, not a LOOONG way but about 45 minutes or so. dh keeps trying to talk me out of going. and then saying things like you know to get gas, or is it a good place, worth the drive? are you sure you want to go there with all the kids. i am about to give him a smack! i know to fill up the tank, i take the kids all over the place with me, and i have no idea if the museum is good or not, but it will be a change from staying at home all darn day! grrrr i know he does this because he worries about me, but i pisses me off alot! i am almost 40, i take the kids every place, and i neeeed to get out. i wish he would not do this, it just makes me so mad. >:(

Grrr, that would so drive me crazy. I guess just know that he loves you. M won't drive either, to him a 30m drive is a "long drive". I told him about when ds and I took a 3 week road trip when he was 4yo and M thought I was out of my ever-living-mind. I like road trips. 45m is short, to me! Why doesn't your DH go with you? Work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View PostI'm so happy it's March.  The sun has truly returned (well, for us northern-hemisphere types) and it is Owl Month.

I was also just outside watching the aurora!! Equinox coincides with the largest tidal difference this year too - so that will be a very neat full moon.

I can't believe my baby cries again. She's 15 months, how much does she need to nurse!!!!!

Oooh, Owl month, i like the sound of that. What does it mean? Is it like the names of the full moons? I like owls.

15m old...ye gods my ds nursed like a newborn till he was at least 3. I mean a LOT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View PostDD2 asked me if we're going to celebrate the first day of Spring this morning. I asked her what she had in mind. She told me she'd like to hide little gifts and eggs. orngbiggrin.gif I haven't talk about Ostara with her as we usually just have a special meal and I have a ritual by myself then we celebrate Easter with the family so I don't know where she picked the idea but I sure love it! joy.gif

Valerie, that is just so cute. I guess it just goes to show how much our littles pick up from us when we're not paying attention, huh? That can be good, or...not so good lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

Maia- good advice dear, I will meditate on it :) 

Yes, we celebrate both because I came to paganism late, when my middle dd was born and my oldest was already use to easter.

Oh dear, what did I say? LOL.

So I guess y'all do two baskets? Hmm....maybe we'll go to my mom's for Easter agan this year. then she can do the Easter basket mischievous.gif OOPS i pressed wrong button now how do i get these lines gone? typing is such a PITA with this damn hand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aeress View PostMaia- *hugs* arnica for the bruising, the rub kind if you have it. *hugs* try to rest and I do find ice helps it feel better

I have rub kind. IT has menthol. I don't think it's muscle bruising though, or maybe it is.

OK I do wish this swelling would go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

Ouch, Maia! Hope you heal quickly.

Ostara-I love Ostara. We're going to a storytelling day for my little girl's sake, and we do have a basket in the works for her. She can use the basket for when my family does the Easter Egg hunt, me thinks, but I don't really want to do two baskets. Ye Gods, I can't wait for real spring. The snow is melting, albeit very slowly. But I can see ground!!!

Yes M said also! He said "it's a balmy 24 degrees" when he called me at 5am today.

Oh, mamas....he sent me this: http://www.thing.net/~grist/ld/DJ-VOWS.HTM

I am just swooning luxlove.gif

#29 of 378 Old 03-02-2011, 08:04 AM

maia, OUCH! hugs, and Awwww, swoon is right! so cute. 

no, not FAKE flowers in the garden, silly. FEs vs plants. ;-)

easter/equinox...... it will be interesting this year, them being about as far apart as they can possibly get! but what we've been doing is treating the time between as almost adventish. we color eggs and have a great feast on equinox, but celebrate "easter" on easter. in between all is egg-y and spring-y, but they each have their own branches of the celebration. egg hunts, i should add, are a year-round-activity at this house, so, as for that branch.... well, it's a really long one! :lol

mo3~ glad maine house stuff is going ok! *phew*

sweetsun & revolting..... re FEs and cell salts:

FEs = "flower essences" = sort of vibrational/energetic medicines that work with your own energy to transform negative patterns into positive ones. the basic idea is the one that all our dis-ease is caused by patterns of imbalance, or not being our selves.... and if we fix those, we fix us, therefor restoring true health. 

cell salts, on the other hand, are actual minerals that make up us. lacking one or more cause imbalances or dis-ease. taking them rebuilds our bodies, enabling us to heal.

(bluets will probably yell at me for my crummy descriptions there, but it's a vague sense of it. basically, they are two of the most amazing tools for health, healing, and emotional wellbeing i've ever come across, and YES, that includes tapping. :lol)

aeress, hugs hon. i'd be sassy and suggest that what you thought of me for was either cell salts or FEs, but...................... oh, i know! you want your you-vacation to be to come visit me! we can go to one of the resorts here with waterslides............. squeee! <hugs, you.>

#30 of 378 Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

Aubergine- lice is a real bugger, isn't it? I worked for a woman who tried everything, we cleaned, we washed, we treated and it was over a month before her one dd was rid of them. Mom finally chopped her hair. *hugs*How is ds feeling?

Better --  thanks for asking - we have a dr appnt. for him today because he was complaining of chest pain and sounded croupy but I think he's lots better.  Will ask dr some ??? about the lice treatment and about a rash ds2 has, so it won't be a wasted trip.  I am grateful that my younger ones are boys and I *could* shave their heads!  Dd will never consent to cutting her long hair, so we used the heavy-duty treatment on it and I'm combing her out twice a day.  Seems nit free atm, but we'll keep it up.  Reminds me of when she was younger, all the combing and braiding. It's not unpleasant.  I found some nits in ds2's hair that were too small for the comb - his hair is fair and fine.  I think I can get them all with my fingernails in full sun with his hair so short now, but I want a better comb now.  Was googling electric ones but I can't seem to order them in Canada?

Hugs re: your dh.  I am getting to the end of patience with mine also.  We need him to be working harder than he is at his job. Hopefully when the weather breaks.  It is hard to argue with him about going out when the temps are down to the minus 30s and 40s week after week.  It looks like it winter weather will start to break here sometime next week.  I can hardly wait.

I think I'm going to do some seed shopping tonight!  I have a gc to a hardware store  from Xmas.  Going to see what they carry in the way of garden supplies!

Mo3, I'm glad things are looking up with the house in Maine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

Heading to TMap time... The purging/decluttering energy is crazy!  (there is something with Uranus about to enter Aries after 84 years in Pisces... Big changes...)   I put my foot down and DD1 will be out of here by March 15...  Ya, crazy decluttering... dizzy.gif

Valerie, that is huge!  hug2.gif  You ok?  I know this has been a long time coming.  Good for you. You sound - I don't know - more energetic.  It was great to see you starting the thread this month!  

Dok, how did the meeting go?  Can you update here or on fb?  Rooting for you and Roo!

Sorry about your hand, Maia. Hope the bruising settles soon! I always imagine that it makes me smarter when my dominant hand is hurt and I have to use my non-dominant.

My dd's youth group is doing a Seder dinner tonight and learning about Passover.  I have to make charoset for 50 this afternoon. Busy day! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page