Any Christian Mystics out there? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 199 Old 04-15-2011, 06:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I want to comment on the current discussion but I need to get dinner started. I poped by to offer a link to a fascinating small book with some nice lessons on meditation and work on the self. It's a bit of the Feri tradition of witchcraft but it's not exactly like Wicca/witchcraft 101 or anything. Anywho while I was reading the meditations and some of the work done I thought of this thread especially because of the work revolving around cleansing oneself of sexual blockage specifically feeling sex is "wrong" or "unclean". 

This is a layout of the lessons but if you click on the link above there is a PDF free to download. It's about 108 pages and broken into lessons. 

Hope someone finds this beneficial! :)

http://www.wiggage.com/witch/fericlass.html

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#122 of 199 Old 04-17-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post

Yes about what Nicole said about light. So right.

Just by reading your post Yummus, I feel you should set some boundaries of what you allow to enter you. Have you ever outright put it out there? Do not allow yourself to be trampled on. You are sensitive with gifts and if you are needed to help from the other side, you are in charge of how that goes. I do not get a great feeling of what happened to you, meaning the way you were overcame. That was great how you prayed the name of Jesus. Very powerful. This post wasn't meant to sound scared or worried as it is not that.

BOUNDARIES!!! It is a major component that I have been working on as I "wake up". God has shown me that I have never been allowed boundaries (dad was the abuser) and mom was very misguided (I have to add that she had an immensely loving heart). It is so spot on that you said that. So I did, put it out there, as you suggested. I feel that something is still here; can't/won't leave? I did post somewhat about a different occurrence in the Christian Empaths thread... Maybe I'll copy it over here - this is probably the more appropriate place. Anyway, I think all the stuff from my parents sort of trained me to be a magnet for not so great things. This is true for this physical life (like attracting crappy weirdo people {my mom attracted sociopaths [dad was one]}) and I am realizing it is for the spiritual as well. I feel he sort of set me up for this -- to be a tool for something dark, which is NOT me. 

I also do not get a great feeling. I try not to be afraid and even if I am I try to announce I am not and stand firm with Jesus. 

I am so grateful you replied bluebird, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolelynn View Post

These spiritual encounters are things I have less answers for as time goes on rather than more answers. Before, I had everything in neat boxes: heaven/hell, angels/demons but no ghosts and Christians cannot be demon possessed.

Now, I am thinking there are layers to the afterlife that we can and do interact with, as well as angels, fallen angels/demons and other living human (and maybe animal) spirits.

My first impression is when you mentioned the abuse that it is a remnant of the human spirit of the abuser. I thought of this because I remember a massage teacher (and MD turned naturopath) I had who was by no means Christian or judgemental said she believed AIDS was the result of excessive other-ness on a human. The immune system does not know what to do with so much of so many other people in intimate contact with you. Not sure about that but an interesting concept none-the-less.

Besides the scary dream(s), when you hear your name being called is it a deeply scary thing? Or is it just..not normal? It could be any of the above or something else. Could your friend have been actually calling you from the other side? Was she at peace spiritually when she passed? Did she actually visit your body? I don't know the answers to these things, I am just contemplating.

I still say yes and amen that "greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world". The Holy Spirit lives in you, continue to call on the name of Jesus and and stand in His/your authority. You are right to resist fear, whether you are dealing with angels, demons, departed loved ones or departed people you don't know, other humans, or you never find the answers to this. Part of that is letting go of our ideas about it being evil to experience other realms, maybe as we let things be light will start to shine on them. Meditate on the Holy Spirit. I was struck tonight by the gospel of John, how mystic it is an I totally missed it before, "There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man" John 1:9.

I pray for healing for you sister and freedom from fear, so you no longer experience oppression in the spiritual realm, but rather Light (John 1) and insight.

Nicole - thank you so much for your insight and reply. It helped a lot. I thank you for your prayers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjorne View Post

great anecdote, blue!  I agree with what you said too....this is where I find flowers to be very helpful..in bolstering that ability to set boundaries and create the shift so you still have the sensitivity-but some control as well.

Panserbjorne - Yes, I had posted in the FE thread about never using FE's before and just reaching out and grabbing one. I had put it back and looked it up at home, it was Mountain Pennyroyal. Spot on. But when I started taking that (I also added Baby Blue Eyes) I started to get very angry. And after speaking with a friend who has used FE's she pointed out that maybe I need to get angry. And I think I do, it is just not a great time for that... I have no support system here and DD is still so young she's attached at the hip to momma... 

Do you have any suggestions for some boundary setting FE's or do you think I need to work through the anger in order to let any others work? 

EVERYONE- I can't thank you enough for replying to my situation. I lost my friends when I became Christian, I lost my mom not too long ago and we moved to a town where we know no one. We go to church but haven't found any community yet as we are new, but just having you ladies has made me stronger/happier. Thank you. 

#123 of 199 Old 04-17-2011, 07:19 PM

Below (in quotations) is what I had posted in the Christian Empath thread. I would also like to say that I said, 'I had no idea what I was doing until after.' I need to clarify that even after I wasn't quite sure what I had done; I just NOTICED that I had done something strange... 

"I do see things too... I have seen one ghost in our old apt which made me scream and jump. I also think I have a little girl attached to me? I think this because when I was going through a REALLY rough period (when I had no idea what the heck was happening, I think it is referred to as going "live") I went to my mom's house and we went for a walk in the forest and I had leaned down and caressed a head (that wasn't there mind you) and pointed to a squirrel and said, "That's a squirrel." Now I had no idea what I was doing until after. (My mom just kind of watched but didn't say anything. She has passed recently so I can't ask her about it.) So at one point I thought that was "me" as in, I had stopped spiritually growing or whathaveyou as a child due to the abuse and this was me talking to my child self. Now I am thinking it may be a spirit. Also, when I have "let go" in drawing and such a child's handwriting comes out, sometimes I can make out what "she" is saying, sometimes not. I did attempt to tell this child to go to the light but I am not sure she left.

I also see other things but that will wait for now...

One question I have for you ladies/gentlemen is, when you remember things, do you remember it by watching it happen (like do you see yourself, are standing outside of yourself) or are you in your own skin?"

#124 of 199 Old 04-18-2011, 04:45 AM

Yummus, can you be more specific about that question? What are you talking about remembering?

And Yummus, I will be praying for you to have that Light that Nichole was talking about. I know that cloak of negativeness feeling like you are being shadowed. I had that the worst when I was a teenager (also came from an abusive household). I was terribly depressed and I felt like I was being controlled. I went to an amazing counselor and she did some meditation dream work with me and I was able to confront whatever was shadowing me and i have never had depression like that ever again. I could see how essences work and I really want to get into that. Just all new and intimidating for now. This counselor was also a homeopath and she used homeopathic peyote. I had some far out experiences with that and the cactus manifested itself in the form of the shadow that was controlling me and I was able that was to get rid of it.
#125 of 199 Old 04-18-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummus View Post

Do you have any suggestions for some boundary setting FE's or do you think I need to work through the anger in order to let any others work? 

I don't think so at all.  However if you use one specifically for boundaries you aren't going to be addressing the underlying issues-so just be aware that you will have to go back to them at some point.  I'd look at yarrow or walnut to start out with.  After you get that protection going then you can dig a bit deeper for more healing.

#126 of 199 Old 04-18-2011, 05:30 AM

I'm really enjoying this conversation! I don't know how much I have to add.

Quote:

I still say yes and amen that "greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world". The Holy Spirit lives in you, continue to call on the name of Jesus and and stand in His/your authority. 

Love this, Nicole! Thank you! 

Another thing that pops into my head is that awesome verse in Timothy (1:7): For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Amen to that. Fear can serve as a warning but not always. What God has fortified us with is our own power, love, and a sound mind

For me I have "sensed" spirits or whatever else they may have been but my... gift? (I kind of hate calling it that) is something different. I hear messages, sense them sometimes. I "see" paths. I don't know if I am explaining this right but let's say Jane is talking to me about some issue she has and I am listening as her friend. I will get this feeling, this peace and this warm fuzziness and then I just know what it is I can help her with. It's like I can see this sort of path unfolding for her and I just know. This doesn't happen all of the time. I can really go off at the mouth and make a total ass of myself on my own. The feeling I get makes all of the difference. I can almost hear someone telling me something and sometimes I even do hear it. I find that the Tarot helps me to organize these things better and makes me more... I guess efficient? This bleeds over into other areas of intuition as well. Dreams that come about that I know will in some way because, again, I have that feeling- this sort of shift into something else. Sometimes I will be doing something and I will see something out of the corner of my eye or sense something. Sometimes it comes in the form of sound. Once I was sleeping and I heard a car crash so loud in my ear it was like it was happening 3 feet away from me. Scared the crap out of me. I woke up totally freaked out and told DH. A few days later his boss, a friend, was in an accident. And I just knew that was what I was feeling. That's another thing. When I know it has come to be I just know it. Another time I was sitting on the couch doing whatever and I saw a man standing in my kitchen- just his outline but I knew it was a man and I got the impression it was my husband or his father or some other man having to do with him. His grandfather had just had a severe stroke we were told, later. Maybe this is all just coincidence and I am thinking too much of it. Who knows. But I know and people who know me well know that if I say "oh sh*t!" or go stiff something is about to happen. lol.gif I totally don't understand what good these "premonitions" are though. Like so I knew *someone* was going to get into an accident. Didn't help I didn't know who. And I couldn't change DH's grandpa's stroke.

Do you think premonitions have to serve a purpose? I was thinking maybe the path thing, the being able to help people, does serve a purpose where as because I am "open" these other things are side effects. What do you all think? Could it be the same for spirits? Like sometimes they need help but sometimes, because you are open to them, you just see them because they are there?  

Anyhow all of that to say re: spirits- I'm not too sure if I really sense spirits because it happens without that feeling I described above but there have been times where I felt someone has been trying to communicate with me and it feels like I am being beat up. One time I even ended up vomiting. And I prayed and prayed and nothing. And when I was pagan I tried a protective circle and nothing. I got angry and nothing. I cried and begged any form of deity that would listen and nothing. I do think that these "spirits" or whatever the heck they were were malevolent but that they were there trying to say something to me and that nothing could seem to stop them gives me pause. Why could that be? 

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#127 of 199 Old 04-18-2011, 08:40 AM

I just wanted to throw out that I too have heard my name called.  Only a few times in my life but each time I remember.  The last time was years ago.  I was living in Baltimore with two other girls in a row house and I was asllep.  I woke up because someone was saying my name right beside my bed.  I ran upstairs to my roomate ready to let her have it, I was convinced that she had snuck into my room, stood by bed and said my name (loudly 3 times).  I know it doesn't make sense, but that's all my brain could come up with.  When I got to her room, she was snoring loudly and and our other room mate was not home.  I went back to my room got back in bed and then my name was called 2 more times.  I yelled 'what', and it stopped.  What's odd to me is that at the time, none of this seemed out of the ordinary.  lol, I wonder if I had been nicer what would have happened.

#128 of 199 Old 04-18-2011, 12:16 PM

Quote:

Yummus, can you be more specific about that question? What are you talking about remembering?

And Yummus, I will be praying for you to have that Light that Nichole was talking about. I know that cloak of negativeness feeling like you are being shadowed. I had that the worst when I was a teenager (also came from an abusive household). I was terribly depressed and I felt like I was being controlled. I went to an amazing counselor and she did some meditation dream work with me and I was able to confront whatever was shadowing me and i have never had depression like that ever again. I could see how essences work and I really want to get into that. Just all new and intimidating for now. This counselor was also a homeopath and she used homeopathic peyote. I had some far out experiences with that and the cactus manifested itself in the form of the shadow that was controlling me and I was able that was to get rid of it.

Sure thing; any memories really. Like think of childhood (any memory) or your teen years or last night; are you watching yourself in this memory, like can you see yourself and what is happening or are you remembering it through your eyes? Does that make sense? 

One reason I asked this is I wanted to see if how I remember things is 'normal'. When I remember things, recall any memory, I am always watching it happen to me. I can see me, like, I am not looking through my own eyes but rather in a different part of the area, watching it happen. So now I have a theory that perhaps I had left my body to deal with the abuse and have never returned and even more thinking on this, today actually, I thought maybe there is something else in me which is why I can't return? Thinking even more on this, perhaps this is why I get so angry when taking the FE's, especially Mountain Pennyroyal, that whatever is "in" me does not want to go?! Then again I could be totally off...

Thank you for your prayers.

What an amazing story! Can you go into more detail or is it a private thing? I wish I had someone like that around here, though I would have to wait until DD is older. I do have a "Chiropractor, Certified Nutritionist and Applied Kinesiologist" that I saw once. Very neat, but she wanted me to chelate while I was bf'ing. We tested with DD too but, I still felt uncomfortable with it... 

I want to reply to everyone else but DD is up so I will reply later!

#129 of 199 Old 04-18-2011, 04:18 PM

As far as remembering goes, I've had both ways.  Though there's only 2 memories from childhood until I turn about 16.  I have two friends from h.s. who tell stories of things we/I did and I just have to take their word for it.  I've always assumed I have a super sh**** memory.  I have one memory from childhood that I remember almost like a photograph.  I 'see' it from about 5 feet away and near the ceiling.  I was scared at the time.  The other memory is, I assume, from my inside perspective.  It's almost a dream and I only have a bit of it, and it's blurry, it's almost more of a sensation then accurate memory.  Both of those are kinda weird, I never thought about it.  You know, I almost think that there are times or situations that we go through in our lives when we aren't quite 'there'.  Not that we've split off, but more like we put up a shield that experiances have to go through so that when they reach you they're dulled.  Holy sh** I've never thought of any of this before.  Maybe someone else has some perspective, I'm freakind myself out.

#130 of 199 Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 AM

My earliest memories I remember as if I am watching them.  I think it is because I have replayed them in my mind so many times that I have recreated the story.  More of a memory of my memory.  Also It is hard for me to see through my three year old eyes.  And those memories are not bad memories at all but rather some of my best.  My parents were together, my mom was a stay at home mom.  The only good years of my childhood.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#131 of 199 Old 04-20-2011, 05:09 AM

Hey there ladies, can you folks send a thought out for my mom.  she's having emergency surgery today, I talked to her today and she told me not to come.  So here I sit with my happy toddler running around waiting to hear from them.

#132 of 199 Old 04-20-2011, 05:32 AM

so sorry and thinking of you.  Sending many prayers to both.

#133 of 199 Old 04-20-2011, 08:15 AM

Hugs Faithstuff! My Gods peace be with you and your mama.
#134 of 199 Old 04-20-2011, 08:33 AM

Love and light to you and yours, Faithstuff! 

#135 of 199 Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 AM

Thanks so much ladies!  My mom has been dealing with this for 2 years now and any time there's something unexpected it's disturbing.  This time feels differant though.  THere were a few times in the past where the thought crossed my mind that this might be the end.  This time there seems to be a sense of 'what will be will be'.  it's utterly bizarre and I think I need to just accept this feeling, but I can't help trying to decipher what it means.  Sometimes when I do readings for folks I feel this way, it's almost like a floating sensation and the air feels super charged.  Weird I know.  I'm hoping there is peace and joy in all of your families today. hugs

#136 of 199 Old 04-20-2011, 10:26 AM

Have a quick minute so want to say my prayers are with your family and you Faithsstuff! hug2.gif

#137 of 199 Old 04-22-2011, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

I have been pondering and praying about what to share with those of you who have/are experiencing malevolent spirits. From what it sounds like, you have called on the name of Jesus and stood in His authority. This is kind of the sum of what organized Christianity seems to offer.

I have been in services where they are "casting out demons", but I've never seen anyone practice what Jesus taught: "And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting." Mark 9:29. Yes, we do have authority, and exercise that. But when all else fails, Jesus did say this, and we have no way of knowing which ones come out only by prayer AND fasting, so it is probably worth a try.

Also, I was on the Christian Mystics website and they were talking about the power of laughter to diminish the power of malevolent spirits. They said that serious focus on them can increase their power (think: feeding fear..it just grows). "For the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit" Romans 14:17.

The only time I really experienced a malevolent spirit/demon was on someone else (my brother saw it, I only sensed it) we simply called on the name of Jesus and something happened. However, it still bothers me to this day that I saw the girl months later at the store and could sense something all over her again, but I couldn't get to her in time to talk/pray. I wonder now what the power of fasting would have done?.....

Hope that helps. Continuing to pray for you, sisters.

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#138 of 199 Old 04-22-2011, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Oh and Maggie, I too had a crazy premonition/prophetic insight about a friend getting a bad car accident (this was 10 years ago). I was actually riding with her at night and I was falling asleep, and just before she dropped me off at home I woke up and it hit me hard that she was going to get in a car accident. I thought then it was going to be that night, so prayed quietly. I didn't trust my instinct enough to disturb her by telling her or stopping her (she wasn't into spiritual things). She made it home fine that night, but I continued to pray about it.

She got in a car accident a few weeks later. She fell asleep and her truck rolled off a small hill. It was totaled, banged in on all sides like a can that had been crushed. She was knocked unconscious and had huge bruises all over her body. But the first responders were amazed she was alive judging from the car, and the doctors were amazed at all the surface bruising that she broke nothing and had no internal injuries.

Her Dad, who had been a Christian but now was embittered with the Church/God/everything had a dream shortly after of an angel literally wrapping itself around her. I don't know anything about his spiritual state now, but his heart softened big time at the time. A pastor friend of theirs said God showed him that He saved her not for her sake, but for theirs.

I still don't know my part in all that, since my prayer did not keep her from getting in the car accident. I have de ja vu all the time, about more random and unspiritual things. A friend once told me a teacher in YWAM told him that de ja vu was spiritual warfare and to pray against it. I know no such scriptures about this and I asked him if she gave any and he said no, so I don't personally buy it. Even at that time before my mystical journey I had the impression that de ja vu is simply a result of us being eternal beings and we sometimes catch a ripple of past present and future sandwiched together. I am not sure what the purpose of these things are exactly, and now I am an peace with never having all the answers.

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#139 of 199 Old 04-24-2011, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

I just had to share my very interesting Easter experience.

We went to DH's parents house for lunch. DH's parents are SUPER conservative evangelical. To make matters worse, DH's mother is not very intellectual, so she tends to say things along the line of "God said it, I believe it, that settles it". 2 of DHs siblings are Christians, 2 are atheists and SIL's husband is newly agnostic (after being a Christian). DH's mom took the opportunity to "present" the gospel using eggs and then go on to kind of preach. It got really bad, DH's youngest brother and SIL's husband proceeded to egg her on arguing about a few points. Finally we all kind of started calling it a day. I have a heart for DH's mom, she had a horrendous past and Jesus touched her life. Of course, I disagree how she put Jesus in all these conservative boxes...but really...I told DH I hope everyone shows her a little more respect and has compassion on her. Anyways.

We went straight from there to my parent's house. What a surprise awaited. One of my brothers was talking about the Book of Enoch and the common theme of all the religions of the world. Basically he talked the whole night, and I had no idea he was a mystic now as well! Even more surprisingly my Dad said, "well I've come to learn we should just follow the words of Christ, forget about Paul". So he has some strong mystical leanings now, surely no longer sola scriptura. Even my (other) SIL was totally receptive and in the conversation. My mom is already mystic, so we were just loving the fellowship. I opened up and shared a lot of stuff I had been learning and experiencing. I was just telling DH today how I feel like I am lying not opening up to everyone I love but not really sharing what is going on in my spiritual journey, when God unexpectedly blessed me with this deep fellowship with my family. I now know I can share whatever it is that is going on in my spiritual journey with them!

I don't mean to rub it in for those who are finding difficulty finding like-minded community where you live, I just rejoice at this Easter/Pascha gift to me. My hope as well is that it is yet another sign of Christianity shifting back to it's mystic roots. Kind of independently, we all found this path very recently. The Divine is revealing more of it's fullness to us.

#140 of 199 Old 04-24-2011, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Just the whole horrible death of my 2 yr old nephew 2 days ago has been a tough thing to even talk to God about. I thought that I was kind of abandoned.  But tonight as my sister and I were talking, we were crying and sharing memories of her son. Then it all flooded my mind.  Then I told my sister a message that I was able to see that nephew wasn't confused, or hurt, but a total goodness surrounded him. I told my sister that I prayed when I knew of his death that if he could only visit one person, that he would visit my sister and not me. People who pass seem to visit me always. 

I am so sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing this.   I have been dealing with losses lately of members in my close family and it is beyond anything I have ever known.  

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#141 of 199 Old 04-25-2011, 05:39 AM

Nicole, that is a great story! I actually did the quite opposite and stayed away from my very judgmental family on Easter and spent the day with my loving mystic Jesus believing dh and kids. We went for a walk and watched the sun go down by the lake next door and 2 beavers came out and ate their diner very close to us. It was a very special day just being in nature. Not sure if it put me in tune with the creator, but last night I had a dream of the future and a question I had been asking answered kind of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol_y_Paz View Post

I am so sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing this.   I have been dealing with losses lately of members in my close family and it is beyond anything I have ever known.  

Hugs! I hope you find peace right now.
#142 of 199 Old 04-25-2011, 05:44 AM

double post
#143 of 199 Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I am so sorry for your losses Bluebirdmama and Sol_y_Paz. I haven't lost any close friends or family members (besides great-grandmothers who died at an old age after living a full, blessed life and who both knew Jesus) but I lost a co-worker a few months ago and just found out this week a friend I knew online. Both to cancer, co-worker was only 39 and friend was only 35. Of course, I only knew the friend online, but this is probably the closest it got to me. We had in depth conversations about our health, faith, politics, etc. It would be like losing one of you, though I've never met you in person we have fellowship. So passing on is something I am suddenly forced to meditate on. Peace and comfort to you, sisters.

#144 of 199 Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 PM

Someone mentioned the Book of Enoch which is interesting b/c I just read Angelology (fun read) and it lead to hearing of the book of Enoch for the first time!  I think it's time to find a copy :) 

#145 of 199 Old 05-03-2011, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, the Book of Enoch is next on my list. I believe you can find it to read online for free, unless you want a written copy.

I just read the Gospel of Thomas today. My soul just drank it up thirstily, really...I am just blown away. I even started crying in the middle of it, feeling some kind of spiritual re-birth. It is very mystical and probably why it was left out of the canon. Some argue it is "gnostic" but it isn't full gnostic (not that really matters to me anymore). Many scholars believe it pre-dates the canon gospels. It is all about the Kingdom of God being within us and all around us.

Some of my favorite verses:

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the (Father's) kingdom is within you and it is outside you.

113. His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?"

"It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."

The last saying of Jesus in the gospel of Thomas is quite bizarre and awful regarding women, but most scholars believe it was added later. It seems pretty evident to me as it seems so haphazardly pasted at the end. My Mom said probably to discredit it since the rest was tough to fit in their neat theological boxes....

#146 of 199 Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 AM

Lots of awesome free PDF (and other format) free ebooks here! http://www.consciouslivingfoundation.org/ebooks-inspirational.htm

#147 of 199 Old 05-04-2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol_y_Paz View Post

I have been dealing with losses lately of members in my close family and it is beyond anything I have ever known.  

Hugs! I hope you find peace right now.

Thank you.  And thanks to you guys who have kept me in your thoughts during this hard time. 
After muddling around aimlessly and broken I found significant deep comfort in a somewhat unusual place this week.  I am still deciding if it is an experience to be shared or to be kept privately as a wonderful moment that spoke to one or two souls in a personal way and left a lasting impression giving what was needed.  I have a feeling many people here wouldn't find it all that unusual, which is why I love this thread.  

#148 of 199 Old 05-04-2011, 11:16 AM

Yummus, you have God.  The most powerful weapon you can possibly have.  God comes with a lot of other great stuff too.  I know you already know this, but it is worth bringing up again.  I suggest putting some Christian stuff in the home if you don't already have those things, crosses, etc.  Even better if they are blessed.  Have someone come to your house and bless your house, even if you don't go to their church many priests and leaders of the church will do this for families and I would also do a smudge with a Christian spin to help.  Have some key words, key powerful prayers, to say when you are scared.  

Go search a Christian book store, some have a decent selection on how to protect yourself from negative stuff.  

Start paying attention closely to the things you surround yourself with, flowers, sunshine, foods, music, media, prayers, light exercise, getting into nature, opening the windows for fresh air, all these play a role in our energy from day to day.  Become more aware of how synchronicity might play a role.  

There is a book by Cloud and Townsend called Boundaries.  It is a good read to check out.    

#149 of 199 Old 05-05-2011, 05:18 AM

Oooh I am so wanting to read the gnostics. Does that have the book of enoch?

Thanks for the link, Maggie. We will see if my dial up internet lets me view the page...

Sol, you are welcome to share anything as we are the mystics mamas. Nothing is too far out for us!

I am finding great comfort in the book of John right now, Christs words are so powerful as if I am reading them for the first time.
#150 of 199 Old 05-05-2011, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Bluebirdmama, the Book of Enoch is in the Coptic Orthodox Old Testament, but not in the Eastern Orthodox, Catholic or Protestant bibles. It is considered gnostic by those that rejected it, though the Copts assert they helped protect Christianity from gnosticism. At any rate, it is quoted ALL over the New Testament, even by Jesus, so I have no idea why we got rid of it! I am reading it online here: http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/index.htm. It makes sense, given there is little discussion of spirits, heaven, hell, cosmology etc in the OT, so what reference point did everyone have when Jesus started talking about them? The Book of Enoch, I now suppose.

In addition to just drinking up apocryphal and gnostic texts I, too am re-reading John and just reeling at how mystic it is and how the Church has hidden that aspect so well for so long. So many things that Jesus said that do not fit into our neat theologies:

"There was the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens EVERY man" John 1:9 and

"“But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.” John 3:21. Kinda flies in the face of Total Depravity and rather says that those who are practicing truth ARE on a path to God, and in fact their deeds are of God.

This is why John has always been set apart as not one of the three synoptic gospels, as it is SO different. So why did we accept that and reject the Gospel of Thomas? I don't know....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page