~*~April Pagan Circle~*~ Spring is in the Air! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 202 Old 04-10-2011, 04:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View PostMaia-  Maybe you should take him to see the doctor.  How long has he had the headaches?

I have thought of it, for sure. Right now I'm doing what they'd probably ask me to do anyway, which is keep a journal of them and record when, where, what was going on, food/hydration, where on his head he feels them. He's actually not had any today or yesterday. I was looking online and I am drawn to believe they are stress related (tension headache?) but I am going to keep a journal for about a week to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View PostMaia - the symphony sounds fun and I hope DS is feeling better soon! 

Off to grab my first cuppa this morning (mmmm spiced coffee with creamlove.gif )

It was fun! And ds acted utterly admirably the WHOLE time, AND he was able to tell me when he was starting to not be able to keep it together anymore.

Spiced coffee? Do tell! That sounds totally yummifying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View PostMaia- Have fun.  What a great thing to get to do.  You ARE somebody.  Somebody special. love.gif

Aww! How sweet! loveeyes.gif Happy birthday to your sweet dd. 7 is such a magickal age, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View PostI'm totally adding a trip to France since I received an email about this this morning!

That looks really cool. I am assuming French is your first language? No?

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#62 of 202 Old 04-10-2011, 06:05 PM

Hello everyone

I'm subbing this, and I'd love to join in if that's ok. 

April seems to be a big month of change for me. Lots of new beginnings and plans for the future. 

Wife to a wonderful man, not a mommy yet but looking forward to when we are ready. 
"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." Loretta Young
#63 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathansmum View Post

So, Hi! :D

Hi, welcome:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorriJ View Post

Hello everyone

Hello:)  Welcome

Morning all.  I hope everyone had a great weekend and hope the sickies are feeling better:)  This weekend was wild here, my kids had a ton of homework and used my computer all weekend.  I did get some things in my yard finished, the chicken coop is all cleaned out and my egg stand is back at the end of the driveway.  I got one side of my garden cleaned out and ready to till too.  The one thing I did not finish yet is my TM!!  I tell you I feel no inspiration this year.  I am going to work on it today though.  My DS is having all his wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow, I am a bit nervous about that.   I hope everyone has a great day.  Hope the sun is shinning in your neck of the woods:)  We are supposed to get to the 70's today? It's overcast and foggy right now.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#64 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 05:25 AM

Hi all! treehugger.gif

Was waken up by a thunderstorm at 5am... Now it's foggy... Snow is melting like crazy! Yep, Spring is here!!! jumpers.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

That looks really cool. I am assuming French is your first language? No?

Yes it is.

I still have billion of little pieces of paper to glue on my Treasure Map! dizzy.gif

Tracy told us to go BIG... well... I listened : I have to use two cardboards to get everything on! And I could have easily used a third one to get some wiggle space. lol.gif

Valérie   
#65 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 06:13 AM

Maia- I am so glad the symphony went well.

We are having very warm weather, for us, but it is raining today. :( We had planned to go hiking today, but with possible thunderstorms, not going to happen. In fact, I am a little concerned about losing power and downed power lines. Well, I need to bake bread, so I hope the weather holds off. My head feels all fuzzy due to this crazy weather.

Thinking of everyone! Love and light!

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#66 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 06:27 AM

Good morning!  Just want to say I love all the comments on here about people who still have snow and how "warm" 81 is....we hit low 90's here last week!  (Central TX).  I have to admit I love the heat!  Nothing makes me happier than to be out in the lake or in a pool when its close to 100. 

I am making a concious decision this morning to really try to declutter and clean our house, starting this week.  I have been working on this off and on for a while, but I need to get serious about it.  After Im done, I want to cleanse the house and get some positive energy back in here...I feel like we've had a serious lack of positive vibes in our family for months!  Suggestions for cleansing?  I know sage is good for that, thinking maybe some strategically placed candles too.

Rockstar, hippie, pirate mama to W (3-2-10), wifey to S for 2 years and going strong

selectivevax.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  treehugger.gif

http://piratelady2525.blogspot.com/
#67 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 07:10 AM

Welcome back, Nathansmum!  Welcome CorriJ!

Lol, Piratelady -- for your pleasure, I shall report that my backyard is still half covered in snow, but the temp went up to 12 C yesterday (about 54 F) and so I planted cold weather seeds in the garden by the south of my house. It will just dip below freezing every night for a couple weeks yet, so I hope they truly are hardy!  My dh and dd shoveled out the snowbank on the patio to set up our porch swing, rushing the season a bit, and we had a firepit on the patio last night.  Hitting the 90s is not going to happen here till July.  Maybe. If we're lucky.

I usually dislike the dirtiness and sloppiness of the April thaw here, but after the insane winter we just had I am determined to enjoy every possible minute of this spring.

Cleansing: I don't burn sage or incense indoors due to sensitivities, but recently  I put a few drops of rosemary and lavender essential oils in my steam cleaner and that worked well.  You could use a spray bottle of water, too. .  And I'm making sure to put away clutter, esp in the money and career Feng Shui baguas of my home.  I've decided to have flowers blooming in the Career bagua all the time (my African violets right now, later I'll use flowering  bedding plants or tell my family I want potted flowers for Mother's day, etc.).  And I made/will make dh clear up his laptop off the kitchen table so I can wipe it at least once a day.  Before Treasure Map time, I had my boys run all over the house and ring a bell in every room and closet, which they LOVED and which certainly changed the energy around here!.

redveg, I didn't know you sold eggs!  Hope your ds's surgery goes well.  I was also crazy busy/productive last week -felt like I was on a serious caffeine buzz the whole time.  Slowed down this past weekend, though.

Hi femme rouge!  I would love to hear about your experiences!

Maia - so lovely that you and your ds had a good time at the symphony.  I feel moved to mention that I seem to have gotten rid of a serious headache/migraine problem with the use of homeopathic cell salts.  Taking ferr phos/mag phos at the very first sign of headaches or preventatively if I can tell one is likely to come.  I've been migraine free for nearly 2.5 months now, and I was getting them every week or two.  I would defintely consider trying them with your son.

Valerie, I got a wonderful feeling just reading about that tour.  I really hope you get to go!

#68 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 07:39 AM

hey all. i guess i ahve been missing in action. lol. it has been almost a month since my kids and I have been diagnosed with fructose intolerance. i have been on the diet longer than them but already i can see a difference. DD1, who will turn 4 this sun, seems to have built up some fat around her face. it looks really healthy. she still has no butt and doesnt weigh anymore than she has for the last 6 months, but she looks better. she has less temper tantrums now and seems to be generally happier. she still wakes up screaming in the middle of the night though, demanding a glass of milk and saying she ran out of energy. i wonder if she is having hypoglycemia in the middle of the night. DS looks way better too. after being depressed for his whole life it is a big change. he says he can focus better in school and it is easier to do stuff and to understand the homework. he admits he is happy too :) i feel great. i have energy i have never had before. so much that we have been out doing stuff all weekend. i have to remember to take it slow so that my muscles can keep up. i still have fibro and dont want to burn out. but i have been able to do my housework and then still feel good enough to go for a long walk, play at the park, then walk home and do more housework. that is a 300% improvement! unfortunately i had gone so long undiagnosed that i do still have long term health issues that will never go away. and we havent gone to the geneticist yet to see if we have a hereditary glycogen storage disease. but that is next week. then we have to wait 2 weeks for the results.

it has been really hard adjusting to this diet. there are alot of restrictions to it. we had to go to a really strict elimination diet. meat and rice or potatoes, everyday for 2 weeks. then we could start adding stuff back in, one new thing every 3 days, while keeping a strict food journal.

but i had a great time this weekend! went fishing on the sandbar. the kids got to play in the warm sand, i got a sunburn on my face and caught 2 fish but had to throw them back bc they were a protected species, and even had energy left that night to make dinner and stuff. usually after all that iw ould have crashed the next day but on sun we went to church and swimming at the y and shopping and then more cooking and cleaning. i feel like the energizer bunny. lol. i feel like i had my batteries changed. :)

hope everyone else had a great weekend! if you dont hear from me soon then i am out doing stuff.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#69 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

I want a plush squirrel!! I love squirrels.

Do you sew? I could probably e-mail the pattern to you. There is a picture of it in my photos on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathansmum View Post

So, Hi! :D

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post

Today is my DD's last day being six years old.  *sniff*  She asked for a crystal for her birthday and there happens to be a gem and mineral show happening here this weekend.  So, I'm going to take her today to pick something out.  It will be interesting to see what she's drawn to. ~~~~~~My sweet daughter...born on Easter Sunday 7 years ago. heartbeat.gif

Aww, happy belated b-day to her & happy baby birthing day to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorriJ View Post

Hello everyone

Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post

My DS is having all his wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow, I am a bit nervous about that.  

I hope he feels better soon. They should give him some pretty effective pain killers, but that's a doozy of an operation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

Tracy told us to go BIG... well... I listened : I have to use two cardboards to get everything on! And I could have easily used a third one to get some wiggle space. lol.gif

Lol, I probably had enough for 2 boards also. I just went back through & weeded out some recurring things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratelady2525 View Post
Suggestions for cleansing?  I know sage is good for that, thinking maybe some strategically placed candles too.

Sage for sure. I also like to open all of the windows & let the wind blow all the stagnant stuff away. I also ring bells, clean, play positive music & be the change (a good mood on one person's part can lift everyone else's.)

I'm very big on the "harm none" business. We are vegetarians! But I still smack mosquitoes & poisonous critters like black widows are not allowed inside. SOO, we have carpet beetles. I saw 2 larvae in 2 days. One of them was IN the sugar bowl! They are pretty harmless health wise, but their hairs can cause allergic reactions. We do have allergy issues here, but I don't know if any of us are sensitive the these particular critters. And they damage the things they eat, cottons & other organic things. I don't want to spray poison in our house & other than that, they suggest vacuuming them up thoroughly & consistently. I'm kind of obsessing about it. This might be one of those things where my peace of mind & the good of my family wins out over the lives of these beetles. I don't know what to do.

I swear, every time I get on here it takes 3-4 times longer than it should to read & respond! DD pooped, DS just woke up in a wet bed & argued about removing his beloved (wet) turtleneck. He just started wetting again. 4 out of the last 6 days. I can't figure out why. No big changes... Oh well.

Today doesn't know it yet, but it WILL be a good day around here! May you all have a good day as well!blowkiss.gif

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
#70 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

hey all. i guess i ahve been missing in action. lol. it has been almost a month since my kids and I have been diagnosed with fructose intolerance. i have been on the diet longer than them but already i can see a difference. DD1, who will turn 4 this sun, seems to have built up some fat around her face. it looks really healthy. she still has no butt and doesnt weigh anymore than she has for the last 6 months, but she looks better. she has less temper tantrums now and seems to be generally happier. she still wakes up screaming in the middle of the night though, demanding a glass of milk and saying she ran out of energy. i wonder if she is having hypoglycemia in the middle of the night. DS looks way better too. after being depressed for his whole life it is a big change. he says he can focus better in school and it is easier to do stuff and to understand the homework. he admits he is happy too :) i feel great. i have energy i have never had before. so much that we have been out doing stuff all weekend. i have to remember to take it slow so that my muscles can keep up. i still have fibro and dont want to burn out. but i have been able to do my housework and then still feel good enough to go for a long walk, play at the park, then walk home and do more housework. that is a 300% improvement! unfortunately i had gone so long undiagnosed that i do still have long term health issues that will never go away. and we havent gone to the geneticist yet to see if we have a hereditary glycogen storage disease. but that is next week. then we have to wait 2 weeks for the results.

it has been really hard adjusting to this diet. there are alot of restrictions to it. we had to go to a really strict elimination diet. meat and rice or potatoes, everyday for 2 weeks. then we could start adding stuff back in, one new thing every 3 days, while keeping a strict food journal.

but i had a great time this weekend! went fishing on the sandbar. the kids got to play in the warm sand, i got a sunburn on my face and caught 2 fish but had to throw them back bc they were a protected species, and even had energy left that night to make dinner and stuff. usually after all that iw ould have crashed the next day but on sun we went to church and swimming at the y and shopping and then more cooking and cleaning. i feel like the energizer bunny. lol. i feel like i had my batteries changed. :)

hope everyone else had a great weekend! if you dont hear from me soon then i am out doing stuff.

You posted while I was still typing...congratulations on the vast improvement! Hopefully this is only the beginning!

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
#71 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Morning Everyone!!! Happy Monday!  It sounded like a delightful weekend for all!

We managed to get all the screens replaced (except for 1 skylight which I have rebuild from scratch) and it was sooo nice to have the wind whipping through the house yesterday.  It felt like Winter was blown out of my house for good!  I also got to use my new broom since our old one broke and I had fun sweeping (dizzy.gif).   I think I might start a new tradition to get a new broom every year (Aries New Moon) to bring in new energy.   FR - yippee for the spring bug and happy belated birthday to your little lady.  7 is a fun age and I can't wait to hear what kind of crystal she picked out!

Cleansing - I'm loving my Rosemary/Peppermint room freshener right now.  Its just Rosemary EO & Peppermint EO with distilled water.  Spritz around the room as needed.  I love sage and used it this year around the house along with DS chiming a set a wind chimes in every room.  I have some cedar I'm itching to use soon to see what it does. 

Kitchen alter has been hung up and my little green chicken has found its home there along with a neat little statue.  Now I'm searching for a nice picture of a goddess for the hearth - google image time!  Now if I can just get my bathroom alter/shelves mounted without further trouble (twice I've drilled the holes in wrong spots - even with measuring), I will be good to go and can focus on the upstairs finally.

LM - Woohoo on seeing so many changes!! 

Red - I felt like that last year... Maps get done when they get done.  I found by disconnecting a bit from this thread & the TM thread this year I could just focus on what was going on with me and not take on anyone else's energy.  That helped a ton. Do you have any time to meditate or ground yourself a bit? That also helped because there is so much energy that its just overwhelming.hug2.gif

Manjari  - Good luck with the beetles.  We get ants and that reminds I need to redo the chalklines in our house to keep them at bay. Is there anything besides vacuuming which will keep them away - EO or herbs?

Much love to everyone today joy.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#72 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 10:05 AM

Can anyone recommend a good online pagan store? As far as I can tell there are none in my area at all. And I really would like to pick up a few things for when I bless our new house. 

Wife to a wonderful man, not a mommy yet but looking forward to when we are ready. 
"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." Loretta Young
#73 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 10:40 AM

Welcome all!  :)

And yay to those feeling better (and yay for getting past the REALLY restrictive diet phase)!

Tor's illness got worse and we spent the weekend in and out of the ER.  It sucked.  The IV blew out twice and by the time they got a solid line in i was covered with vomit, poop, AND blood.  But I also had a seriously unhappy babe who had to be nursed into submission (every time he pulled his arm the IV pump reset so I had to more or less keep him still for hours) so I couldn't go clean myself up for a while.  Massive "not fun".  I remember sleeping on Thursday, but since then it's been cat naps and coffee and hopes that no one else gets this bug.  The doctors don't actually know what it is... they're running tests but it may be a few days.  We're all home but home is a MESS and Tor wants to nurse all. the. time.  I can't say "no" but at 18.5 weeks pregnant it's not comfy and I really need to get some stuff done.  But the meds are working, liquids are going in and staying  down sooooooo... fingers crossed we're over the hump!

TM- DH is still working on his but the kiddos and I are done!  I think I "cheat" a bit... I cut everything out, lay it out on the table or floor, then cut a piece of wrapping paper or cardboard to fit!  lol  Last year my map was in the shape of a tree and it was as tall as I am!  This year there were fewer images (though more words) and it's more of a rectangle/grid.  Interestingly, the left side of the map is mostly images and the right is almost all words.  Kinda odd and totally unplanned.  Once I find the camera cable (and have a child free moment) I'll share a pic.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#74 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratelady2525 View PostGood morning!  Just want to say I love all the comments on here about people who still have snow and how "warm" 81 is....we hit low 90's here last week!  (Central TX).  I have to admit I love the heat!  Nothing makes me happier than to be out in the lake or in a pool when its close to 100.

Yikes. You can have it! I hate heat. Good thing there's all sorts of people for all sorts of climates, huh? smile.gif Here in western NC, we have 4 fairly separate seasons, but Spring seems to be the shortest. It seems to go right from Winter to Summer greensad.gif I like Fall best, followed by Winter, then Spring, then Summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View PostI feel moved to mention that I seem to have gotten rid of a serious headache/migraine problem with the use of homeopathic cell salts.  Taking ferr phos/mag phos at the very first sign of headaches or preventatively if I can tell one is likely to come.  I've been migraine free for nearly 2.5 months now, and I was getting them every week or two.  I would defintely consider trying them with your son.

Thanks for the suggestion; that's a really good idea! Thankfully he hasn't complained of them in a couple of days. But I will write it down in case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionessMom View Posti have been on the diet longer than them but already i can see a difference.

but i have been able to do my housework and then still feel good enough to go for a long walk, play at the park, then walk home and do more housework. that is a 300% improvement!

Yay! joy.gifIt's so good to hear you sounding positive, Lioness. I'm so glad your family's seeing such great improvement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamanjari View PostDo you sew? I could probably e-mail the pattern to you. There is a picture of it in my photos on here.

No...I don't sew. I was just looking at them wistfully-- I don't really need a stuffed squirrel lol.gif I already have a stuffed dinosaur that I sleep with redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorriJ View PostCan anyone recommend a good online pagan store? As far as I can tell there are none in my area at all. And I really would like to pick up a few things for when I bless our new house. 

Welcome and MM, Corri! I know people put it down all the time, but I lurve AzureGreen. They're cheap and they have lots of stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wombatclay View PostTor's illness got worse and we spent the weekend in and out of the ER.  It sucked.  The IV blew out twice and by the time they got a solid line in i was covered with vomit, poop, AND blood.  But I also had a seriously unhappy babe who had to be nursed into submission (every time he pulled his arm the IV pump reset so I had to more or less keep him still for hours) so I couldn't go clean myself up for a while.  Massive "not fun".  I remember sleeping on Thursday, but since then it's been cat naps and coffee and hopes that no one else gets this bug.  The doctors don't actually know what it is...

Oh ew, Clay, I'm sorry. That sounds SO not-fun.

Off to my Mom's for some of DS's Spring break. We leave in the morning. We'll come home either Friday or Saturday-- not sure yet, because DS's Little League Opening Day is Saturday, and they play their first game-- I thought it was at 4pm since that's when all the practices have been, but some of the moms who have done this before say that they change the schedule around once season starts, and they don't let us know till the last minute. Nice, huh? irked.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#75 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 04:43 PM

Welcome all new folk! We can be chatty, and sometimes less so, but chime in when you can. This is a great group of women, if I do say so.

Lioness, glad that you've found a solution. Healing takes such a frustratingly long time, but it sounds like you and the family are on the way there. That's something to celebrate!

Clay, oh my gods. I'm so sorry that you had to go through that. You deserve so much easy time--I sincerely hope it finds its way to you.

So I finished Triumph of the Moon over the weekend. It's a must read for anyone who wants to understand the true origins of Wicca. While I don't really consider myself as such, it's nice to know what sources ritual components come from and the like. Then yesterday I read an interview of Maxine Sanders, who with her husband Alex, co-founded the Alexandrian tradition of Wicca. They raised their children Christian because they didn't feel that Wicca was for kids at all, that it's a priestly order only for adults! They also didn't want their kids to have to worry about persecution. It just seems so strange to me, but I guess it really delineates the difference between "witch" and "pagan."  I'd be interested to see others' thoughts on the subject.

Come ponder with me about food!
#76 of 202 Old 04-11-2011, 10:00 PM

Well today was my first day back at work since my nose surgery on 4/1.  I'm so glad to be past the worst of it.  I can honestly say that last week was the most painful experience of my life.  I can also honestly say that at once a day Sun - Thurs last week I had pain worse than I experienced during childbirth (and I had 2 drug-free births), with possible exception of crowning - but crowning only lasted about 2 minutes.  On Friday they removed the splints, stopped the bleeding and yarded out a horrifying amount of blood clot.  I was expected to lose possibly 1 -1.5 cups of blood during surgery and recovery. My nurse thinks I lost closer to 4 cups. So, needless to say I'm a bit more tired than usual from anemia. I also can't seem to get hydrated yet no matter how much water I drink.  My nose still hurts, but no so much that I need any more than ibuprofen and ice to function. On the plus side, I can breathe through my nose, so - Yeah!

I'm excited about Spring, and the weather is starting to ask spring-like. Getting up to about 40 F during the day, sunny.  But I still have over a foot of snow in the yard. I hoped to do my TM last week, but it wasn't actually on my list of potential accomplishments last week.

Welcome to those new to the thread.  It is definitely the slowest month I've experienced here in probably 2 years.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#77 of 202 Old 04-12-2011, 06:40 AM

Liza- I wondered how you were feeling. Glad the pain has subsided. I would imagine nose surgery to be very painful.

The girls are watching Harry Potter at the moment, we really should be getting to lessons, but it is chilly and I can't get motivated.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#78 of 202 Old 04-12-2011, 08:15 AM

I'm looking for Beltane inspiration! We are not doing a maypole. My daughter does a maypole in her Sunday school class at a Unitarian church, but I'd like to celebrate as a family. We live in a huge apartment complex with no backyard...I guess we could do it in the park next door, but we live in a very Muslim area...I'm not comfortable doing that.

I don't know. We have a copy of Circle Round, but I didn't really find anything that fit our family. What are you doing with your family? I'd prefer something that focused more on the fertility of the land aspect of the holiday.

Partner to Rbikenew.gif ('03); Parent to T read.gif('07), Aviolin.gif ('10), and E ecbaby2.gif ('13)

femalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifchicken3.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif 

#79 of 202 Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

Welcome all!  :)

And yay to those feeling better (and yay for getting past the REALLY restrictive diet phase)!

Tor's illness got worse and we spent the weekend in and out of the ER.  It sucked.  The IV blew out twice and by the time they got a solid line in i was covered with vomit, poop, AND blood.  But I also had a seriously unhappy babe who had to be nursed into submission (every time he pulled his arm the IV pump reset so I had to more or less keep him still for hours) so I couldn't go clean myself up for a while.  Massive "not fun".  I remember sleeping on Thursday, but since then it's been cat naps and coffee and hopes that no one else gets this bug.  The doctors don't actually know what it is... they're running tests but it may be a few days.  We're all home but home is a MESS and Tor wants to nurse all. the. time.  I can't say "no" but at 18.5 weeks pregnant it's not comfy and I really need to get some stuff done.  But the meds are working, liquids are going in and staying  down sooooooo... fingers crossed we're over the hump!

TM- DH is still working on his but the kiddos and I are done!  I think I "cheat" a bit... I cut everything out, lay it out on the table or floor, then cut a piece of wrapping paper or cardboard to fit!  lol  Last year my map was in the shape of a tree and it was as tall as I am!  This year there were fewer images (though more words) and it's more of a rectangle/grid.  Interestingly, the left side of the map is mostly images and the right is almost all words.  Kinda odd and totally unplanned.  Once I find the camera cable (and have a child free moment) I'll share a pic.

oh my! hope you all feel better fast.

the only thing about the reintroduction phase it that it can make you sick again. you really got to keep a good diet journal to figure it out. and sometimes it hurts right away and sometimes it happens 3 days later. sigh. so now i feel less good and have stomach ickies. and i am not sure if it is being caused by the corn oil in the potato chips or the last minute had to buy burger buns that were sugar free but had wheat and rye. so we go strict again for 3 days and then we will trial some puffed corn and some corn noodles to see. they are degermed and de branned so i am hoping it will be ok. we cant eat reg noodles bc they use the wrong part of the wheat, gluten free noodles add sugar, and rice noodles add rice bran. and my kids love annies gluten free mac n cheese but they add evaporated cane juice. ugh.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#80 of 202 Old 04-12-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liza-s View Post

My nurse thinks I lost closer to 4 cups. So, needless to say I'm a bit more tired than usual from anemia.

You poor woman!  Sounds like such an painful experience.  I'm so glad you can breathe out of your nose now, though.  hug2.gif

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#81 of 202 Old 04-12-2011, 04:10 PM

(((Liza)))

Beltane: for an easy fertile Earth ritual that can be done in public -> why not brew a nourishing tea and pour some as offering on various plants as you go for a family walk?

Valérie   
#82 of 202 Old 04-14-2011, 05:59 AM

giving us a bump

#83 of 202 Old 04-14-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

I usually dislike the dirtiness and sloppiness of the April thaw here, but after the insane winter we just had I am determined to enjoy every possible minute of this spring.

redveg, I didn't know you sold eggs!  Hope your ds's surgery goes well.  I was also crazy busy/productive last week -felt like I was on a serious caffeine buzz the whole time.  Slowed down this past weekend, though.

Me too.  The thaw here is nasty, muddy, just plain dirty but I have had such a difficult winter this year I will take mud over snow:)  I sell my eggs for $2.00 a dozen, it gives me enough to cover the cost of my feed and we have plenty of fresh eggs for us.  I am going to try to hatch some of the eggs this year.  My DS did great, having all your wisdom teeth pulled is a tough one but he is most likely on his last day home.  Today the swelling is at it's worst so it's all up hill from here:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamanjari View Post

I hope he feels better soon. They should give him some pretty effective pain killers, but that's a doozy of an operation.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

Red - I felt like that last year... Maps get done when they get done.  I found by disconnecting a bit from this thread & the TM thread this year I could just focus on what was going on with me and not take on anyone else's energy.  That helped a ton. Do you have any time to meditate or ground yourself a bit? That also helped because there is so much energy that its just overwhelming.hug2.gif

I am almost done.  Hoping to get it finished before the 17th:)  I meditate in the morning and in the evening, but I tell you i have been struggling.  It has got to be all the changes going on around here.

Quote:

Well today was my first day back at work since my nose surgery on 4/1.  I'm so glad to be past the worst of it.

Glad you are feeling better and the worst is behind you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

I'm looking for Beltane inspiration! We are not doing a maypole. My daughter does a maypole in her Sunday school class at a Unitarian church, but I'd like to celebrate as a family. We live in a huge apartment complex with no backyard...I guess we could do it in the park next door, but we live in a very Muslim area...I'm not comfortable doing that.

I don't know. We have a copy of Circle Round, but I didn't really find anything that fit our family. What are you doing with your family? I'd prefer something that focused more on the fertility of the land aspect of the holiday.

I am always in my garden on Beltane, planting:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

(((Liza)))

Beltane: for an easy fertile Earth ritual that can be done in public -> why not brew a nourishing tea and pour some as offering on various plants as you go for a family walk?

Like it:)

#84 of 202 Old 04-14-2011, 06:15 AM

Morning all:)

Things here have been wild.  I have one teen who is struggling with where they fit in, with the family.  This has been an ongoing issue but sometimes it gets way out of hand.  It's difficult, the emotions with this child are over the top and the ways they express themselves are loud, angry, rude & disrespectful towards me mostly, but anyone who attempts to offer advice gets blasted.  It makes it hard to have a conversation and work things out, or help them work things out and see the issue from different points.  Today there is no talking from this child so I am just going to wait and let them come to me when they are ready.

The rain has stopped so we should have a few days of good weather here.  I plan on getting outside and tending to my garden space.

I hope everyone has a great day.

#85 of 202 Old 04-14-2011, 08:06 AM

Okay, so when is Mercury Retrograde over again? I have a paranoid boss today, and yesterday was just a disaster.

I had one student, who is failing, not show because he didn't get my email in time to meet with me. I had another student just sit in the lobby instead of coming to class.

I come home to have to yell at my DH, who didn't clean what I had asked him to (we have people coming for Marathon Monday, as we are close to the route), even though he has many childfree hours during the day and I do not.

And then my daughter apparently was hitting kids at daycare, and even slapped the teacher. She was not the only one; another kid, who coincidentally was wearing a superhero shirt, as was my DD, and they were acting like superheroes (which means hitting?!?) She has never been in a time-out at school (and we don't do that at home), but she was yesterday. Then she wouldn't eat the dinner I carefully crafted to be so cute and tasty at the same time (I cut out chicken with a star cookie- cutter). Ugh. Just ugh.

Come ponder with me about food!
#86 of 202 Old 04-14-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

Manjari  - Good luck with the beetles.  We get ants and that reminds I need to redo the chalklines in our house to keep them at bay. Is there anything besides vacuuming which will keep them away - EO or herbs?

Thanks. I saw something about an EO and cedar...I've got to find id again. For now I'm putting the buggers outside if I see them & vacuuming as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

I'm so sorry. I hope that they've figured it out and I'm glad the meds are helping. I know it's hard to TAKE time for yourself, but try and rest a bit. Growing babies takes so much energy!

Quote:

Well today was my first day back at work since my nose surgery on 4/1.  I'm so glad to be past the worst of it.  I can honestly say that last week was the most painful experience of my life.  I can also honestly say that at once a day Sun - Thurs last week I had pain worse than I experienced during childbirth (and I had 2 drug-free births), with possible exception of crowning - but crowning only lasted about 2 minutes.  On Friday they removed the splints, stopped the bleeding and yarded out a horrifying amount of blood clot.  I was expected to lose possibly 1 -1.5 cups of blood during surgery and recovery. My nurse thinks I lost closer to 4 cups. So, needless to say I'm a bit more tired than usual from anemia. I also can't seem to get hydrated yet no matter how much water I drink.  My nose still hurts, but no so much that I need any more than ibuprofen and ice to function. On the plus side, I can breathe through my nose, so - Yeah!

Hooray for being able to breathe! I hope you're feeling better now & that your blood supply is built back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolting View Post

I like to make flower garlands sometimes & hang them on trees. You could even study together about how plants grow and pollinating and the like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom

the only thing about the reintroduction phase it that it can make you sick again. you really got to keep a good diet journal to figure it out. and sometimes it hurts right away and sometimes it happens 3 days later. sigh. so now i feel less good and have stomach ickies. and i am not sure if it is being caused by the corn oil in the potato chips or the last minute had to buy burger buns that were sugar free but had wheat and rye. so we go strict again for 3 days and then we will trial some puffed corn and some corn noodles to see. they are degermed and de branned so i am hoping it will be ok. we cant eat reg noodles bc they use the wrong part of the wheat, gluten free noodles add sugar, and rice noodles add rice bran. and my kids love annies gluten free mac n cheese but they add evaporated cane juice. ugh.

Good luck finding foods that are compatible with everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post

Things here have been wild.  I have one teen who is struggling with where they fit in, with the family.  This has been an ongoing issue but sometimes it gets way out of hand.  It's difficult, the emotions with this child are over the top and the ways they express themselves are loud, angry, rude & disrespectful towards me mostly, but anyone who attempts to offer advice gets blasted.  It makes it hard to have a conversation and work things out, or help them work things out and see the issue from different points.  Today there is no talking from this child so I am just going to wait and let them come to me when they are ready.

I'm sorry. My youngest sister is going through a similar phase & it's really hard on my mom. I wish I had some helpful advice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

Okay, so when is Mercury Retrograde over again? I have a paranoid boss today, and yesterday was just a disaster.

I don't like to say it, but according to this guy the effects of the retrograde will last awhile after Mercury goes direct. Mercury will be direct on April 23, but he says that once it hits the point it was at from the beginning of the retrograde, then things will settle down. That would be May 11. I don't know if I said that very well so I'll put the link. 

http://www.astrologycom.com/mercret.html

Well, today my friend took DS and I managed to make some progress on some of my crafts. I'm making 18 lady bug bean bags for party favors. Now I just have to stuff them & close the hole & glue on felt spots. I also made most of a tutu. Tomorrow I'd like to finish it and start a lady bug pillow for DD. I might have to wait though. The diapers need to be washed, the kitchen needs attention & of course the kids always want to mess with what I'm doing. We'll see.

Be well! blowkiss.gif

#87 of 202 Old 04-15-2011, 06:04 AM

Popping in to say that I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

Next week is school vacation for Roo but we have a pretty packed first half of the week.  I want to relax, darn it!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#88 of 202 Old 04-15-2011, 07:34 AM

Busy busy week here.  Hope everyone is doing better.

I'm more aware of the energy in my house.  Curious sensation.  Our kitten was out past his "curfew", and I normally have a hard time sleeping when I know he's out.  Last night, after I let him in, I was lying in bed trying to fall back asleep and felt the house energy re-settle, and was then able to go back to sleep.

I read "The Field" by Lynne McTaggart.  Very good reading, appeals to the science brain.

At my clinical session on Wednesday, we watched a DVD on Tibetan medicine: The Knowledge of Healing.  Also worth seeing if your local library has it.  Interesting and full of contrasts and stereotypes (especially some scientists).

I'm now reading Matthew Wood's "The Practice of Traditional Western Herbalism".  My favorite statement (so far): "...medicine, to be holistic and curative, must include mythic elements to satisfy the soul and spirit." 

Had a very bizarre visit with a holistic vet - wrote about it in the homeopathy/flower essence thread if anyone is curious (anyone up for a homeopathy/flower essence thread?)

Time to get some work done!

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#89 of 202 Old 04-15-2011, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

Morning Lovelies -  Its been busy over here too.  So much to do, and work and its starting to be overwhelming and not enjoyable in the least. This past week I finally have noticed that I have been overly exhausted, really craving sugar and apparently I'm rather funky too - (sorry TMI).  I think I've pinpointed the reason - yeast overgrowth, but I am still researching...  So I'm reading through what I can do to start reducing the overgrowth and begin to start the steps of that process.  I know DH has the same thing so I'm the test case to see what works with trying to minimize the die-off symptoms.

Clay - I hope you are getting a break and that the T-man is feeling much better!

Is it already time for Beltane?   dizzy.gif I have not given it a lick of a thought as to what we will do to celebrate it. Maybe a fun in the garden and outside kind of day and perhaps some small MayDay baskets to deliver to our friends & their kiddos like we did last year.

Oh well - back to work, back to work, back to work... Have a beautiful day everyone!!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#90 of 202 Old 04-15-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

Morning Lovelies -  Its been busy over here too.  So much to do, and work and its starting to be overwhelming and not enjoyable in the least. This past week I finally have noticed that I have been overly exhausted, really craving sugar and apparently I'm rather funky too - (sorry TMI).  I think I've pinpointed the reason - yeast overgrowth, but I am still researching...  So I'm reading through what I can do to start reducing the overgrowth and begin to start the steps of that process.  I know DH has the same thing so I'm the test case to see what works with trying to minimize the die-off symptoms.

i have bacterial overgrowth. i had bad sugar cravings, fatigue, and i smelled funky (pits and what not). the less sugar and carbs i eat the better i feel. i find that coconut oil helps with the funky-ness too. i just slather it on after bathing.

i feel like i am falling apart sometimes. i burned myself with some hot water and now have my hand all bandaged up. it was healing just fine until DD1 kicked it and tore the blister off. oweee. then i couldnt sleep last night bc my tooth hurts. it had been feeling like it had a cavity for awhile. it would go away and come back. but now it hurts pretty bad. i think i want to go to the dentist for an xray. i hope it isnt abcessed. i had just started reading the healing tooth decay book. they talk about raw egg smoothies. but he says to be careful bc you will detox.... how do you all feel about raw eggs?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page