~*~April Pagan Circle~*~ Spring is in the Air! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#181 of 202 Old 04-27-2011, 12:27 PM
 
DaughterOfKali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 12,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I either have pneumonia or bronchitis. Doc said the lungs sound like it could be either.  It's bacterial (hence the brown phlegm).  She said that there's no need to do an xray to distinguish which one i have (although she thinks it's a little of both!) because the heavy duty antibiotics will work on all of it.

 

 

Maia- So exciting!


Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

DaughterOfKali is offline  
#182 of 202 Old 04-27-2011, 01:59 PM
 
unschoolinmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

YAY! I saw that on the FB page. That's awesome. What is meant by contract? Then what, after it expires? I didn't know authors had contracts.

 

 

 

 

Yes! We have to be contracted now because authors can just up and leave a publisher and so it's a liability thing. Plus the genre is very competitive.


DeShanna mommy to at home learnin' dd10/03dust.gif, ds 04/05jammin.gif and new baby ds 12/10boc.gif lovin' dh C )O( You can't find peace, until you find all of your pieces.
unschoolinmom is offline  
#183 of 202 Old 04-27-2011, 02:33 PM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,493
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
We are in Southern IL. It seems to be 50/50 here of Catholics and Pentacostal & other Fundamentalists. We are faaaaar from a University, diversity, or any sort of culture besides Nascar. I get along best with the Catholics, but Pagan is still a four letter word. Dh's job is public and his bosses are VERY religious and any sort of religious dissension is seen as bad. Especially if you're applying for tenure. wink1.gif

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is offline  
#184 of 202 Old 04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
 
greenmagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post

We are in Southern IL. It seems to be 50/50 here of Catholics and Pentacostal & other Fundamentalists. We are faaaaar from a University, diversity, or any sort of culture besides Nascar. I get along best with the Catholics, but Pagan is still a four letter word. Dh's job is public and his bosses are VERY religious and any sort of religious dissension is seen as bad. Especially if you're applying for tenure. wink1.gif


Is SIPA (Southern Illinois Pagan Alliance) no longer active?  I have not been on pagan discussion boards etc in a long time, but back oh 7 years or so ago there was a pretty active community is southern illinois.

 


Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks
 
 

greenmagick is offline  
#185 of 202 Old 04-27-2011, 04:20 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post

We are in Southern IL. It seems to be 50/50 here of Catholics and Pentacostal & other Fundamentalists. We are faaaaar from a University, diversity, or any sort of culture besides Nascar. I get along best with the Catholics, but Pagan is still a four letter word. Dh's job is public and his bosses are VERY religious and any sort of religious dissension is seen as bad. Especially if you're applying for tenure. wink1.gif

 

They shouldn't even bring it UP at work. That's illegal, isn't it?

 

Anyway-- did you know they moved PSG to Illinois this year? It's somewhere not too far west of Chicago, but I don't know a thing about Illinois. I was kicking around the idea of going back, this year-- we could meet! Want to go? You could camp with us!
 

 


Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is online now  
#186 of 202 Old 04-28-2011, 03:14 AM
 
witchygrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post




Is SIPA (Southern Illinois Pagan Alliance) no longer active?  I have not been on pagan discussion boards etc in a long time, but back oh 7 years or so ago there was a pretty active community is southern illinois.

 



SIPA should still be active! I was part of it until 2005, but Tara is actively posting pics of SIPA events on Facebook. The thing is, it's still very much centered in Carbondale, which is good for the University, but not so good for people in more remote areas.

 

When I lived in Carbondale, I lived two blocks down from a Baptist Church made of two double wide trailers strapped together, with a big white cross out front. I never once had a problem being openly out about my Paganism.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DoK, are you doing better? What an ordeal?


Come ponder with me about food!
witchygrrl is offline  
#187 of 202 Old 04-28-2011, 04:14 AM
 
DaughterOfKali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 12,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

DoK, are you doing better? What an ordeal?



My ribs hurt from coughing so much but I'm ok. Hanging in there.  My son seems to be getting it now.  This is NOT good as he has an immune deficiency and things tend to get out of control very suddenly for him.  His fever is higher than mine was so I'll be calling doc as soon as they open (8:30, I think. Although i'll try calling at 8.)  Roo's Immunologist said that if he ever starts getting an obvious illness (more serious than a cold), then we should start antibiotics.  Trouble is, with his oral defensiveness, he rarely takes meds.  Which means either injection or IV.  If it needs to be IV, he'll have to be admitted into the hospital for a few days.

 

I'm contemplating whether or not to call the Immunologist as well as his regular pediatrician.  The Immunologist is at Children's Hospital Boston and I'd rather Roo go there if he needs to be in the hospital (instead of our local hospital.)


Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

DaughterOfKali is offline  
#188 of 202 Old 04-28-2011, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter
 
_ktg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: a house in the suburban jungle.
Posts: 2,151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

 

They shouldn't even bring it UP at work. That's illegal, isn't it?

 

Anyway-- did you know they moved PSG to Illinois this year? It's somewhere not too far west of Chicago, but I don't know a thing about Illinois. I was kicking around the idea of going back, this year-- we could meet! Want to go? You could camp with us!
 

 


KittyWitty - *Hugs* I'm sorry it's so tough in Southern IL.  Are you near the MO borderside or KY side?  I have friends who are from MO and they described the climate in MO as "very religous - little tolerance" sometimes & in pockets greensad.gif, which was part of the reason they moved to Seattle. 

 

I'd be up for a meet up at PSG - especially if it is so close (I'm in SouthEastern Wisconsin) and I could try and twist DH's arm for a little roadtrip & camping this summer with the boys.  I was checking it out last year I think when you were talking about it Maia. 

 

DOK - I hope everything is going to be ok with you & Roo! 

 

Sorry for being rather quiet this month - work is killing me, but I think I just need to plan a break (a nice long break) after this project finally wraps up, so I'm off to plan a 2-week staycation for June or July. 

 


 

 


treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

_ktg_ is offline  
#189 of 202 Old 04-28-2011, 08:48 AM
 
wombatclay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: running the red queen's race
Posts: 14,143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wanna go to a gathering too!!!!!  Waaaaaaaaaah!  LOL

 

DoK- hope Roo feels better fast and it doesn't take hold.  Have you ever considered getting some sort of shunt or port put in?  I know it's a MAJOR step and may not be of any use, but the one kiddo I knew who had to have a lot of IV meds seemed pretty happy after she got used to it.  But I also know it was really tough for her parents to make the decision, and having the port put in was a big deal in terms of healing and keeping it clean.

 

weather- we had possible tornados and confirmed flooding last night with more wacky weather on the way.  I can't believe that a week ago it was snowing, two days ago it was in the 80s, and every night we have hours of lighting and torrential rain.  It's a bit out there.  This morning we found a chunk of our driveway washed away and a whole new front yard... the metal pipe that runs under our driveway got plugged up somehow, the five foot deep culvert that the driveway crosses then filled in with dirt and rock, and the whole thing overflowed.  So instead of a ditch on the up hill side we have several feet of "new yard" while the driveway itself is scored with foot deep channels where the water cut new paths.  It's a mess and the county says it'll be a few days before they can do anything since on a number of the nearby hills people have been totally cut off from the road (driveways totally gone) and since we can still get in and out of the drive we're pretty far down the list.  Maybe we'll ask our neighbor to lend us his bobcat and we'll dig it ourselves... the rain is supposed to keep coming every night and I'd hate to lose more of the yard to the nasty mud/trash/ick that's coming down the culverts!


Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

wombatclay is offline  
#190 of 202 Old 04-28-2011, 09:02 AM
 
greenmagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The weather is seriously a mess!  Good thoughts and vibes to all those being impacted.  

 

I must say, I feel so lucky that the two tornadoes that ripped through st louis caused no deaths....its amazing considering the one went through a very populated area and damaged over 750 homes and hit the airport.  

 

I am so very saddened by the deaths that they have caused elsewhere...and the destruction that has been caused.

 

Maybe we could get together and do a group ritual for calming energy for the weather right now?  


Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks
 
 

greenmagick is offline  
#191 of 202 Old 04-28-2011, 10:58 AM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,493
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post




Is SIPA (Southern Illinois Pagan Alliance) no longer active?  I have not been on pagan discussion boards etc in a long time, but back oh 7 years or so ago there was a pretty active community is southern illinois.

 


Over by Carbondale. That's about 4 hours from me last time we went down there. I'm by IN. Evansville did have a group. I was in the yahoo group, but there was some drama and so I left the yahoo group. It's a shame. We do travel to St.Louis a couple times a year, but not enough for any sort of "community" feeling with the 3 hour drive.

Maia- I totally would! I think my kids have some baseball/softball games that week, but I could probably do a day or two. That's much closer to us than they usually are! I would have to bring the kiddos, though. Is it ok to bring kids?

Dok- goodvibes.gif I think an Immunologist would help.

I feel so sorry for all of those people affected by the tornadoes in the past week. We only had some shingles ripped off of our roof and a tree down in our yard. Calm down Mother Earth! goodvibes.gif

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is offline  
#192 of 202 Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM
 
wombatclay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: running the red queen's race
Posts: 14,143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The backhoe arrived ahead of schedule and while our drive is still rutted with gullies at least it wont get worse!  Yay!

 

I'm planning some "be calm mama" activities into our May Day celebration... I'm thinking maybe I could build a sort of reflecting pool and "calm" altar in the woods, and plant some calming herbs/gems and burn calming herbs in the bonfire.


Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

wombatclay is offline  
#193 of 202 Old 04-28-2011, 02:16 PM
 
greenmagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post



Over by Carbondale. That's about 4 hours from me last time we went down there. I'm by IN. Evansville did have a group. I was in the yahoo group, but there was some drama and so I left the yahoo group. It's a shame. We do travel to St.Louis a couple times a year, but not enough for any sort of "community" feeling with the 3 hour drive.
 

:(....sounds like you are just in between everything.  I have not been involved in the pagan community for awhile now, keep debating if I should jump back in.



Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

The backhoe arrived ahead of schedule and while our drive is still rutted with gullies at least it wont get worse!  Yay!

 

I'm planning some "be calm mama" activities into our May Day celebration... I'm thinking maybe I could build a sort of reflecting pool and "calm" altar in the woods, and plant some calming herbs/gems and burn calming herbs in the bonfire.


yay for backhoes.

 

The "be calm mama" activities sound great...very nice

 


Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks
 
 

greenmagick is offline  
#194 of 202 Old 04-28-2011, 06:08 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View PostI'd be up for a meet up at PSG - especially if it is so close (I'm in SouthEastern Wisconsin) and I could try and twist DH's arm for a little roadtrip & camping this summer with the boys.  I was checking it out last year I think when you were talking about it Maia.

 

That'd be so cool smile.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View PostSo instead of a ditch on the up hill side we have several feet of "new yard"

 

huh.gif

 

Wow.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View PostMaia- I totally would! I think my kids have some baseball/softball games that week, but I could probably do a day or two. That's much closer to us than they usually are! I would have to bring the kiddos, though. Is it ok to bring kids?

 

It is totally family friendly. I've been going with ds since he was in utero, and he is on his half birthday (almost) every time we go. So when he was 8, he'd already been to 10 PSGs and we would totally confund people with that! lol.gif

 

I think, but I'm not sure, that they have a weekend pass this year. Otherwise, in past years, you had to go for the whole thing, or, if you didn't, once you left, you couldn't come back in. And had to pay for the whole thing anyway. I think under 11yo is free; you have to check the website. Adult passes are up to $175 now, but for what you get, and for a whole week, it's totally doable. We bring our own food and only eat at the vendors maybe once. For us, this year, though, it's a TWO day drive each way, so not sure if we're going, with gas the way it is, and that's a LONG drive for both of us. We'll see. The site looks gorgeous, though.

 

6 days till I see M!!! joy.gifAnd he's taking the day off to meet me at the airport heartbeat.gif


Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is online now  
#195 of 202 Old 04-29-2011, 09:28 AM
 
kittywitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Room of Requirement
Posts: 13,493
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Baseball/softball is that whole week, but I could do the weekend pass. I'm talking to a friend about going with her and all of our kids.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif
 
  

kittywitty is offline  
#196 of 202 Old 04-29-2011, 09:46 AM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Where are you guys??

 

Here ya go, y'all

http://www.nourishingmeals.com/2009/02/gluten-free-vegan-sugar-free-chocolate.html


Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is online now  
#197 of 202 Old 04-29-2011, 11:27 AM
 
witchygrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It's a beautiful day!!! Maia-hopefully you'll have the same lovely weather we have right now when you get here:D

 

DH has a job interview on Wednesday!!!! Oh my gods, I hope I hope I hope! I feel like such a broken record, as this has been happening every year since my DD was born.

 

PSG--I would love to go, but it is always right around school ending and camp starting. Maybe some year.

 

Maia-that recipe looks tasty. I just got the new Gluten Free Cupcake book from Elena's Pantry. I'm way too excited about it:D

 

 


Come ponder with me about food!
witchygrrl is offline  
#198 of 202 Old 04-29-2011, 04:55 PM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View PostIt's a beautiful day!!! Maia-hopefully you'll have the same lovely weather we have right now when you get here:D

 

DH has a job interview on Wednesday!!!! Oh my gods, I hope I hope I hope! I feel like such a broken record, as this has been happening every year since my DD was born.

 

PSG--I would love to go, but it is always right around school ending and camp starting. Maybe some year.

 

Maia-that recipe looks tasty. I just got the new Gluten Free Cupcake book from Elena's Pantry. I'm way too excited about it:D

 

I think it looks awesome! I'm not gluten free but I was looking for a recipe that is everything-free. There's a kid in ds's class that is sugar free, but they use agave, honey, and stevia. I called her mom and left a message to ask if they use maple syrup or dates. I've been trying to find out for EVER what that kid does eat, because every time I make things for the class, she has to eat some "special treat" that her mom brings because she can't participate in whatever people bring. I feel so sorry for her-- there's always things with sprinkles, yummy-looking stuff, and she can't have. So I want to bring something everybody can have.

 

Yeah, I hope we have good weather, too. Looks like you have about 60 in the day-- I can so handle that. I think M will have to work on Thursday and Friday-- maybe we can meet for an hour or two? I know how to take the train now smile.gif BUT I would have to remember how to walk to the train station from M's house.


Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is online now  
#199 of 202 Old 04-29-2011, 07:39 PM
 
witchygrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post



 

I think it looks awesome! I'm not gluten free but I was looking for a recipe that is everything-free. There's a kid in ds's class that is sugar free, but they use agave, honey, and stevia. I called her mom and left a message to ask if they use maple syrup or dates. I've been trying to find out for EVER what that kid does eat, because every time I make things for the class, she has to eat some "special treat" that her mom brings because she can't participate in whatever people bring. I feel so sorry for her-- there's always things with sprinkles, yummy-looking stuff, and she can't have. So I want to bring something everybody can have.

 

Yeah, I hope we have good weather, too. Looks like you have about 60 in the day-- I can so handle that. I think M will have to work on Thursday and Friday-- maybe we can meet for an hour or two? I know how to take the train now smile.gif BUT I would have to remember how to walk to the train station from M's house.

 

I'd feel bad for that kid, too. How sweet of you to think of her like that!

 

I'm up for meeting ya:D Let me know what works for you. PM me when it's closer:D
 

 


Come ponder with me about food!
witchygrrl is offline  
#200 of 202 Old 04-30-2011, 06:19 AM
 
redveg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Kitchen:)
Posts: 3,266
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmagick View Post

I couldnt handle the Twilight series.  I did read them 3 times lol, but thats because I kept thinking I was being too judgemental.  I felt like they were very "preachy" and Bella, honestly, she drove me nuts.


I read the first chapter of the first book and put it down.  I could not get in to that book.  Mt DD's love the series and now refuse to see the movies.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by unschoolinmom View Post

How is everyone? I do miss talking here. I have some exciting news I got today. I'm going to be published. After getting 25 no's, I finally got a yes. It's a 3 year contract and I can't tell you how happy I am. This is something I didn't think I could do. It'll go to ebook first and then it will go to print. It will be so great to go into a book store and see my work! It's still too good to be true.



Congrats:)  How exciting!



 


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

I either have pneumonia or bronchitis. Doc said the lungs sound like it could be either.  It's bacterial (hence the brown phlegm).  She said that there's no need to do an xray to distinguish which one i have (although she thinks it's a little of both!) because the heavy duty antibiotics will work on all of it.

 

Oh no, I hope you feel better asap.  So sorry :(
 

 

 

 

 

 

Morning all.  I haven't been on here much, I am having a difficult time getting my blood pressure under control and am having nasty headaches which make it impossible for me to read:(  Broke down and went to the Doctor yesterday because of it, they are giving me 3 to 6 months to see if a few diet and lifestyle changes will make a change instead of going right on meds.  It can be difficult for me to exercise when I don't feel well so I have to just do it!!

 

I hoe everyone is having a great weekend.  Overcast and cool here but I am getting in the garden no matter what. Just in case I am not here tomorrow Happy Beltane all:)


earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

redveg is offline  
#201 of 202 Old 05-01-2011, 05:25 AM
 
DaughterOfKali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New England
Posts: 12,572
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DaughterOfKali is offline  
#202 of 202 Old 05-01-2011, 11:10 AM
 
Maiasaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Here, because I'm not all there.
Posts: 5,099
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View PostI'd feel bad for that kid, too. How sweet of you to think of her like that!

 

I'm up for meeting ya:D Let me know what works for you. PM me when it's closer:D

 

I dunno if it's sweet...it just kind of rubs me the wrong way, y'know? So I want to include everybody. I think I will make banana cookies-- they don't have any sweetener in them except dates. Then I want to figure out how to make cupcakes or something, WITH icing. How can I make something that looks like sprinkles that only have those sweeteners in them? Maybe crushed cookies. Hmm.

 

I will PM you smile.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View PostMorning all.  I haven't been on here much, I am having a difficult time getting my blood pressure under control and am having nasty headaches which make it impossible for me to read:(  Broke down and went to the Doctor yesterday because of it, they are giving me 3 to 6 months to see if a few diet and lifestyle changes will make a change instead of going right on meds.  It can be difficult for me to exercise when I don't feel well so I have to just do it!!

 

That's a rough deal. I guess I'm lucky my family has naturally low blood pressure. I have no idea about cholesterol, though. What kind of changes are they suggesting? Lucky you have a doc that won't just prescribe meds as a first line of defense!



Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

The May thread is up http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310904/may-pagan-circle



Going there now orngbiggrin.gif


Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Maiasaura is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off