~*~April Pagan Circle~*~ Spring is in the Air! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

joy.gif Welcome April!   joy.gif

Come in, sit down, make yourself comfy, with your favorite drink in hand!

treehugger.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#2 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 06:33 AM

subbing - with a cup of cayenne tea :-)

Happy April!

#3 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 06:50 AM

I have my yummy cuppa coffee with cream...

Happy April!  Happy Spring to those feeling and seeing the changes.

treehugger.gifdust.giftreehugger.gif

I love fresh starts, and new months always feel like good fresh starts.  Add in Spring, TM time, the birthday of my first child on the 11th, and I'm feeling the energy this morning.  Maybe I'll actually be able to participate a little more this month? shy.gif

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#4 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 06:58 AM

Happy April! treehugger.gif

I got sick just when Mercury turned retro...fever.gif I barely cough but there is a painful spot in my lungs.  I really don't like this. I'm taking GSE internally (pills), vit.C and homemade chicken broth. I'm waiting for the energy to turn on Sunday and, if it's not better, I'll see a doctor.

I received the Pagan Prayer Beads book and I've start reading it. I already have a few ideas... Playing with them for now. love.gif

Valérie   
#5 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 07:24 AM

Duh, I wrote "Happy April" on the March thread lol.gif

So I was working on releasing the ties to this house and this town, to get ready for Treasure Mapping, and I smudged and dusted and lit candles and played music to get in the mood and I decided to sit on the end of my bed and tap.

I found The Big Fear. It made me cry. I'm still teary. What do I do about this?

In a nutshell, I'm terrified of moving to a new town because of ds's behavior issues. He's been with the same therapist for 7 years. He's had setbacks lately and we have to play med roulette again. I'm scared of having to set him up all over again in a new school and a new town. His behavior manifests in snark, disrespect, sometimes destroying things or defacing (he's put unfixable scratch marks in the wood walls of this house, and his mirror and dresser), lying, huge backtalk. He's like this anyway, when he's not being Jekyll and being sweet, helpful, compliant, loving, and easy to get along with. Hyde is horrible. Just utterly draining and horrible. His hill to die on is having the last word.

Even with the recent setbacks, we have come so far.

Overwhelming situations override his meds anyway. A new town would just throw the benefits right out the window. Not to mention he's on controlled substances, which means no refills, so I'd have 30 days to set up a new situation to get prescriptions.

What do I do, mamas? Any suggestions? I guess all I can address is the fears, huh.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#6 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

I'm here with my yummy cuppa of coffee with cream!  I too am very excited for April!  I feel spring in the air already as it's getting warmer here (slowly..) and I have big plans for my backyard and garden this year.  I can't wait to get out and play in the dirt and re-do the spaces to make them more... mine love.gif.

Val - I'm sorry to hear you are getting sick... DH & my littlest just went through that and I'm battling swollen glands and probably a nasty cold is getting ready to pounce once this site visit is over and my adrenaline/stress levels drop.  Oooh pagan prayer beads book - that sounds very cool and a good read.  Who is the author  smile.gif

Thanks Aubergine for the interview vibes... it went suprisingly well and they had very few questions.  So I'm just waiting now until this afternoon to get the final word from them on what they think of our program.   Mmmm cayenne tea mmmm *spicy!*

FR - I agree April is one fun month with lots of energy!  Are you getting ready for your big move?

Sending all ya'll love and hopefully some warm spring weather vibes!!! treehugger.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#7 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 07:33 AM

hug2.gif Maia.  Well, first I think it can't be underplayed how important it is that you DID unearth the Big Fear.  Knowing is half the battle, right?  What about meeting with his therapist to discuss your concerns?  Maybe if you call today to make contact (before TM time), it might feel good?  I'm sure there will be other good advice from the wise women here.  I'm just in the logistical, take action mood lately.  Hugs, I'll be thinking of you.

dust.gifloving magick mama to DD(7) flower.gif and DS (5) Bolt.gifLife partner DP blueman.gif  earth.gif )0( treehugger.gif
#8 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Maia - I have to just give a huge hug2.gif m'dear as I'm about to run into another meeting.   I'll be back afterwards if I have any ideas....

blowkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Duh, I wrote "Happy April" on the March thread lol.gif

So I was working on releasing the ties to this house and this town, to get ready for Treasure Mapping, and I smudged and dusted and lit candles and played music to get in the mood and I decided to sit on the end of my bed and tap.

I found The Big Fear. It made me cry. I'm still teary. What do I do about this?

In a nutshell, I'm terrified of moving to a new town because of ds's behavior issues. He's been with the same therapist for 7 years. He's had setbacks lately and we have to play med roulette again. I'm scared of having to set him up all over again in a new school and a new town. His behavior manifests in snark, disrespect, sometimes destroying things or defacing (he's put unfixable scratch marks in the wood walls of this house, and his mirror and dresser), lying, huge backtalk. He's like this anyway, when he's not being Jekyll and being sweet, helpful, compliant, loving, and easy to get along with. Hyde is horrible. Just utterly draining and horrible. His hill to die on is having the last word.

Even with the recent setbacks, we have come so far.

Overwhelming situations override his meds anyway. A new town would just throw the benefits right out the window. Not to mention he's on controlled substances, which means no refills, so I'd have 30 days to set up a new situation to get prescriptions.

What do I do, mamas? Any suggestions? I guess all I can address is the fears, huh.

#9 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 07:45 AM

ktg-we crossed posted. smile.gif  I'm so glad your interview went well.  Yay!  Thanks for asking about my move.  I'm getting so excited, and it takes up a lot of energy and space.  It's good though..I'm riding the energy as best as I can.  Yesterday was "getting documents in order for our work visa day."  There ended up being complications, and we were unable to get even 1 of the 7 documents notarized.  It felt really right though.  My intuition was speaking loudly to not push things and make SURE everything is absolutely in order, so I walked away.

I am embracing my word of the year, "Adventurous."  We plan to head to Mexico on July  1st.

Valerie-I hope this illness moves through you quickly and you feel better asap. hug2.gif

#10 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 07:48 AM

I thought this to be appropriate on All Fools Day.

http://www.angelpaths.com/majors/fool2.html

Valerie, you could try massaging a few drops of thyme, lavender, and/or eucalyptus oils mixed into a teaspoon or so of olive or grape seed oil on your lung area (front, back & sides). It really works wonders for cough, congestion & pain. We do that about 3 times a day if the lungs are really weak.

Maia, I'm hoping that a move may work to your ds's happiness. You might not be able to see it through the worry, but he could find a really great new friend, a more effective therapist or a more patient teacher. May the transition be as peaceful as possible!

Have a lovely month! blowkiss.gif

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
#11 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 07:51 AM

Ugh, the forums are driving me crazy this morning.  I don't know if it's Firefox or MDC that is acting up.

Anywho, go me!  I've subbed on day one for a change.

Happy April everyone.

It's going to be an interesting month for me.  Going to visit my SIL in Phoenix for a week's vacation.  That trip is two weeks before finals.  I know I am insane but it was work around DS's school schedule or visit AZ in the summer which I really wasn't going to do.  But I am really looking forward to the trip.  We plan to check out Route 66 and Flagstaff to see if it's a good compromise for DP & I.  I am a New England gal & he is a SoCal boy who wants to go "home."  I am NOT living in SoCal, ewww, been there done that. 

Despite the spitting of snow last night, I feel Spring.  Come on Spring.  I need to get my hands dirty in the garden, I really really do.

Thinking of everyone - healthy, happy, contented vibes to each and every one of you.

My family of 3 (plus pup) Indigo (Aimee), Rob (dp), Ryne (ds) & Phebe (dog), plus my BIL's family of 3.

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay

#12 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 08:15 AM

Happy April!

I am super excited about TM time on the weekend! DH started a new position today and it is right on the subway line so that is great for Mother Earth! 

I got a phone call at 5:30am today and jumped to get it, since I am on-call for two births at the moment. Turns out, it was some kind of fax machine. 

DD started her new swimming lessons yesterday and the instructor is really great. We have previously done things like Saturday or Sunday morning but it just gets so busy at the pool. This time, it was so quiet. The class is fairly small and she loved it. She is also taking ballet. She kept talking about ballerinas (and I haven't even brought it up so I'm not sure where that came from) so we figured, we would give her the opportunity to try it out and see what she thought. DH took her last week and she had a great time. 

I'm working on some business stuff - trying to get things organized for work after baby. Seeing what I can manage, etc. As a result of being self-employed, I don't qualify for maternity leave benefits (but I will still be taking time off). I am just going to look at ways to stay in the loop while either having baby with me or only having to be gone for a short period of time. 

Val - I hope you feel better soon! DH actually got sick around the same time. This morning his cough sounded awful. Be gentle to yourself!

Maia - what a big step that is to find that big fear! Good for you! I would probably talk to his therapist. I am sure they would have connections in the places you may be thinking of moving or ways to help prepare him for a transition of that size. I also believe that children can read our emotions so well - if we show even the smallest bit of anxiety, etc - they will respond to it. I would work on some affirmations for yourself that will put some of that to rest, work with him and his therapist on transitions, and maybe even put an affirmation on his bottle of FEs :) My thoughts for now...

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#13 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 08:17 AM

Subbing (even though I'm not here often.)  

Maia- Does your son get SSI?  PM me if you want some practical info on health care contacts in MA.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#14 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

Val - I'm sorry to hear you are getting sick... DH & my littlest just went through that and I'm battling swollen glands and probably a nasty cold is getting ready to pounce once this site visit is over and my adrenaline/stress levels drop.  Oooh pagan prayer beads book - that sounds very cool and a good read.  Who is the author 

John Michael Greer and Clare Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post

Valerie-I hope this illness moves through you quickly and you feel better asap. hug2.gif

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommamanjari View Post

Valerie, you could try massaging a few drops of thyme, lavender, and/or eucalyptus oils mixed into a teaspoon or so of olive or grape seed oil on your lung area (front, back & sides). It really works wonders for cough, congestion & pain. We do that about 3 times a day if the lungs are really weak.

I have eucalyptus eo, I'll try that.

Valérie   
#15 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 12:45 PM

Happy April, mamas!

So in NH, Mother Nature played an April Fools joke on us and is dumping snow! Not my idea of nice, but its all good! I'm trying to stay grounded, though swarming with stress. This weekend is my plant medicine course at least. It will be lovely! I can't wait! My teacher is really awesome and has agreed to work out a work/study with me. Phew!

I found this cool, fun Bollywood dance workout on Hulu. Its really fun and I worked up a great sweat doing it. Now I'm like addicted to it! They have other dance workouts too! Yay!

Had SO much time off this week, none of it by choice. One day, my client was sick, then she had an appointment in Northern NH, and then another client is going to the seacoast today for Special Olympics, so I'm off today. I have Sunday off for my class... Yeah... Luckily I picked up an overnight last night...

What is this TMing I keep seeing? Haven't had much time to catch up. Miss y'all!

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
#16 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamanjari View PostMaia, I'm hoping that a move may work to your ds's happiness. You might not be able to see it through the worry, but he could find a really great new friend, a more effective therapist or a more patient teacher. May the transition be as peaceful as possible!

What a sweet thing to say! You're right, of course, about focusing on the negative. It's just so hard lately when ds IS being so negative. But I will focus on what you said. I may even print it out in a way that it becomes an affirmation. Thank you so much! hug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post and maybe even put an affirmation on his bottle of FEs :) My thoughts for now...

Thanks to lovely aweyn, I found the perfect FE for our family. I ran right out and bought some!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View PostMaia- Does your son get SSI?  PM me if you want some practical info on health care contacts in MA.

We're not going anywhere, for the time being. I'm just thinking ahead. Projecting, more like. I worry about those things anyway. Whether or not we end up moving, even if we moved here in town. My house is off the market for the moment.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#17 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsunshine85 View Post

What is this TMing I keep seeing? Haven't had much time to catch up. Miss y'all!

Go here http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1297697/prepping-for-the-2011-treasure-map/240#post_16360945 and start on page 1-- actually you don't even need to read the rest of the thread. That's just people saying how excited they are. And don't worry about decluttering your house in a day and a half. I didn't, the first time I did a TM. I came late to the game my first year, too. You can declutter ONE thing if that's all you can do between now and Sunday morning! Yay that you got in on time!

#18 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 02:05 PM

I broke my broom!

I vacuumed the whole house & decided to "sweep" away all the old stagnant energy afterward. I was really feeling the vibes and getting pretty intense about it. Then, in our bedroom, the broom separated from the handle. It was cheap, but I wasn't even physically touching anything! I don't have any other ritual broom, so I cleansed it with salt and sprinkled it with water & continued on my way, without the handle. Then I went about and rang all of our indoor wind chimes. Next, I burned "protection" incense in every room. In our bedroom I accidently jabbed the burning end into my bathrobe that hangs on the back of the door & knocked out the flame. There must have been some really nasty & strong energy in there- I'm feeling like that room needs something more, but what? And I should probably get a new broom!

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
#19 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 05:20 PM

Happy April! We had snow, which definitely felt like a big joke.

Gaelsong is having a big sale, so we're getting this tablerunner. Finally the price is right!

Still sick (Gah!), but DH had a great idea-that I should go to the Minute Clinic by our house. So I did, and I have drugs now; hopefully that does it. I paid $89 for the visit, and I'll see about getting reimbursed once insurance goes through.

Manjari, that sounds very intense indeed. I would suggest putting up protections around the room after you're done cleansing. DH usually does this rune-Eolh/Algiz- on the windows and doors. He also thinks that maybe you should burn that broom before you get a new one.

Maia-I would agree about the sentiment that you have at least identified the Big Fear. That is a huge step! So part of what you might have to TM about is the ideal situation for DS to grow and thrive. Maybe the house hasn't sold because it isn't yet the right time, but hopefully the right time will come sooner rather than later. And if you need help with MA resources, I'm also willing to lend a hand in that regard.

Come ponder with me about food!
#20 of 202 Old 04-01-2011, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamanjari View PostThen I went about and rang all of our indoor wind chimes. Next, I burned "protection" incense in every room. In our bedroom I accidently jabbed the burning end into my bathrobe that hangs on the back of the door & knocked out the flame. There must have been some really nasty & strong energy in there- I'm feeling like that room needs something more, but what? And I should probably get a new broom!

If it were me, I'd probably wait till Sunday to get a new broom. New energy!

Good idea about the wind chimes. Funny, I have a spare bedroom that I don't use, and the energy feels stagnant in there, and that's where I'm going to do my map (because it can stay in there undisturbed). I went in there today and dusted, even though there isn't anything really to dust, just the windowsills and such. Then I burned a lavender candle and opened the windows. Even though it was like 40* today. It needed some air energy! I should add to it with a bell or wind chime, too.

I heard about your joke snow, witchy. LOL. M was saying things like where are the Red Cross and the National Guard, there's so much snow, and he couldn't wait to get home to watch the news about it  lol.gif

#21 of 202 Old 04-02-2011, 07:43 AM

Witchy-that table runner is gorgeous!  Enjoy.  I hope the drugs do their job, and you feel better today.

Maia- I'm going to give a little air energy to my TM space today.  thumb.gif

Mommamanjari- Yikes!  I think you got some good suggestions, but Yowsa! lol.gif

I have the kids to myself today, and hopefully we'll all work together well for the final TM preparations.  I would love to have a fire tonight to burn/release some stuff.  Then tomorrow I have the whole day and night in my space ALONE. joy.gif Thanks to DP, of course.  I'm going to try my best to remain in silence for the day.

Peace to all you lovelies.  

#22 of 202 Old 04-02-2011, 07:57 AM

Hugs, Maia. You are a great mama, and a great  manifestor.  You will be able to figure this out for the best for everyone concerned.

Mamamanjari - I bought a new broom recently, but I don't remember how it broke exactly.  I think the boys were playing with it.  Your cleaning story is definitely more dramatic.  Thanks for the reminder about ringing a bell.  I have a beautiful clear one that I picked up just for clearing energy and I should use it!

I'll be doing some symbolic/energetic cleaning today, but most of the physical cleaning I wanted to do is done.

Wishing all of you the best as you start working your magic for a new year of health, happiness, and prosperity tomorrowdust.gif

#23 of 202 Old 04-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post I would love to have a fire tonight to burn/release some stuff.  

Lucky you, to have your first day of TM alone. I'm rather bummed that it's on a Sunday, because you never know what ds's behavior for the day is going to be. Right now, he's up-down-up-down, and the down parts are snarky, and disrespectful, and contrary and back-talky. I'm more and more convinced there's a mood component to his ADHD. I wish they'd just come right out and label him bipolar, but he's too young, I guess.

He's written "bad behavior" on a paper to burn. I know he wants to behave well. I just wish he could, in the moment. I have written my fears, too. We'll go burn them soon, in a fireproof bowl on my altar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View PostHugs, Maia. You are a great mama, and a great  manifestor.  You will be able to figure this out for the best for everyone concerned.

Thank you, Aubergine. You're so kind. I have manifested some amazing stuff. Including M luxlove.gif I really, really want, this year, to manifest my house sold and my son's behavior having a positive turn-around. And consistency with that.

#24 of 202 Old 04-02-2011, 09:10 AM

I am so behind. Missing everyone and hoping to stay up to date.

*hugs*

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#25 of 202 Old 04-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl

Still sick (Gah!), but DH had a great idea-that I should go to the Minute Clinic by our house. So I did, and I have drugs now; hopefully that does it. I paid $89 for the visit, and I'll see about getting reimbursed once insurance goes through.

Manjari, that sounds very intense indeed. I would suggest putting up protections around the room after you're done cleansing. DH usually does this rune-Eolh/Algiz- on the windows and doors. He also thinks that maybe you should burn that broom before you get a new one.

Here's hoping you are well soon!

I've been thinking about what to do all night. I know I want to do another cleansing just for that room. I may burn some sage. DH really dislikes the smell, which is why I didn't do it yesterday, but after I told him what happened, he encouraged me to go for it. I'll do the protections for sure. As far as burning the old broom, I never would have because we have no fire place/pit. When I read your post it really resonated with me so I'm going to build a mini fire place out back with old landscaping bricks. As soon as our red flag warning is lifted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

If it were me, I'd probably wait till Sunday to get a new broom. New energy!

Thanks, I will take that advice, I might have wanted to run right out today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

Wishing all of you the best as you start working your magic for a new year of health, happiness, and prosperity tomorrowdust.gif

Thanks! You too. smile.gif

We love our wind chimes around here. I think we have 4 sets inside and 7 sets outside. I read about them when I was looking into feng shui. I really want a set made from those slices of agate!

Is anyone into crystals, gems & rocks? I have quite the fascination with them and several books about their energies.

I always feel like saying more, but DD needs momma & I've got to clean the yard!

#26 of 202 Old 04-03-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamanjari View Post

Here's hoping you are well soon!

I've been thinking about what to do all night. I know I want to do another cleansing just for that room. I may burn some sage. DH really dislikes the smell, which is why I didn't do it yesterday, but after I told him what happened, he encouraged me to go for it. I'll do the protections for sure. As far as burning the old broom, I never would have because we have no fire place/pit. When I read your post it really resonated with me so I'm going to build a mini fire place out back with old landscaping bricks. As soon as our red flag warning is lifted...

Thanks, I will take that advice, I might have wanted to run right out today.

Thanks! You too. smile.gif

We love our wind chimes around here. I think we have 4 sets inside and 7 sets outside. I read about them when I was looking into feng shui. I really want a set made from those slices of agate!

Is anyone into crystals, gems & rocks? I have quite the fascination with them and several books about their energies.

We are, I have several books and use them for times of stress, worry, reflection etc. I have a set of specific rocks hanging in bay window, I wanted to bring certain energy into the house. I will also take them in my pocket, but them in a special pouch or bury them around my house, place them in pots and leave them in bowls. We collect them on trips, purchase them, and hunt for them. We are rock hounds for sure.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#27 of 202 Old 04-03-2011, 10:52 AM

Can decluttering my nose count for TM? B/c it needs some decluttering - I'll leave out details. I really can't believe how much this hurts. I feel like a wimp, but owww. Even my teeth hurt.  Dh has been a wonderful help talking Sat & Sun off to tend to the kidlets - but they still demand some momma attention. Kids will go to daycare tomorrow so that should be my real 'quiet' day once I get them there. When I woke up this morning, DS said "what happened to your face?" With eyeballs the size of saucers - I had blood streaked across it - hope he's not too horrified, but it probably helps for him to have a visual of 'mommy's owwie nose."

Hope others have a great Sunday.  I'm going back to my friend the ice pack.

Liza - Bird watching, tree hugging, dirt eating, kinda-crunchy momma to my cub (3) and bird (1). treehugger.gifcold.gifdust.gifflower.gif
#28 of 202 Old 04-03-2011, 12:57 PM

Afternoon all:)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  I forgot it was April already.  I stayed away from the computer for the most part this weekend because of April Fool's Day.  It's not my favorite day at all, so I avoid people on this day. 

Off to sub to the thread and eat lunch:)

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#29 of 202 Old 04-03-2011, 07:17 PM

kerplop.

i raked my yard yesterday - thatch and dead leaves.  too bad it was so windy that ... well... the stuff only partially made it into the compost.  the part that didn't get blown into neighboring yards, that is.  oops.  recovered by taking ds to a party at a paint-some-pottery place.  fun!

i managed to plant all my seeds - i have a bit of a black thumb anyway (and a serious deer problem) so i figured that starting in flats is just one extra step of hassle.  and the beds with new seeds also now have mulch.  recovered from this be taking ds to a playdate at the friend's house who had the party yesterday.  managed to chat with the friend's mother outside while the boys played inside.  *boggle*  like, an adult conversation with someone who doesn't work with me, who isn't married to me, and when not in passing at the grocery store or the market.

and then... (as if that wasn't enough), having decluttered my seed stocks, i managed to do a TM all on the computer (google images to the rescue).  so now what do i do with it?

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#30 of 202 Old 04-04-2011, 06:48 AM

Heyla and happy April!  :)

I've decided there is just no way I can catch up with the March thread so... apologies all round, hugs and kisses too, and now that I'm back from a visit to Philly I will simply put my energy to staying active in the April thread!  (more than about 5-10 minutes on the computer triggers vomiting and intense headaches so, um, until this absolutely brilliant pregnancy symptom goes away, I'm on rationed doses of shiny screen)

Lets see... Ro has moved into a complete disintegration phase with total meltsown and Tor has decided he enjoys talking BUT this means that when we don't understand him (or can't do what he wants) the tantrum/frustration is insane.  He is covered in bruises where he smacks his head into things (like the guy on Sesame Street? The pianist guy?) when frustrated.  I'm trying to stay upbeat and "cool/controlled mama" but dang, Ro pushes all the buttons with her whining/screaming/fussing/being mean to her sibs and then Tor will suddenly start in on things too and I just don't have the energy!

Looking forward to TMing... will go today to get supplies, but I've been saving magazines that have come in the mail (un-looked-at) since the budget is a bit tight for new magazines.  I was hoping to score at the going-out-of-business Borders but the only magazines they had left were pretty bad.  LOL  But we can do some nice paper from Michaels and HUZZAH! (though today's energy has been pretty rough... we woke to a huge thunder storm after our looooong drive home, and Dh was late for work and the kids going nuts and I've got a sore throat and travel exhaustion).  I'm ready to start thinking and planning and prepping.

And the weekend in Philly was fun.  :)  DD1 turns 6 tomorrow and she requested a visit to a museum and an IKEA.  I have relatives in Philly so we stayed with them in this amazing house (my aunt is a costume designer and drama professor so the house is brim full of theatre stuff... and it's this gigantic, three story, colonial stone house that really lends itself to theatrical flair).  The Please Touch museum was a bit of a let down, but the IKEA trip rocked (we got a "short" bunk bed for the girls, and an "egg chair" for dd1), and spending time with my fav relative rocked too.  But it was long weekend, and I'm just worn out.

I'm not sure why but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find my balance these days.  There just seems to be so much that needs "me" and I just don't have enough "me" to go round.  I don't know it it's that the kdis are in an especially challenging developmental moment, or the pregnancy, or the new job, or the let down of having to postpone most of the goals we were FINALLY working towards in a really positive way, or... well, all of it together.  I want to be spending more time here and more time with the people that nurture/give me energy since that's what I need to get through this and yet those are the people.things that seem to get shoved to the side.  I mean, right now Tor is biting my leg, Ro is screaming because Laia wont share her book, the sink has dishes in it, I need to plan the grocery trip (no food since we've been gone 4 days), and Tor just stopped biting and is instead throwing things off the counter.  Argh.

Ok, time to go to the store.... we have no tea, no coffee, and with the ongoing thunder storm my head is clanging! 

(oh, Maia... maybe a move would actually help your ds?  I mean, maybe the positives of having that "fresh start" energy, and new therapists/doctors, would actually help?  Since he's already in an unsettled mood and going through the med roulette again maybe it would actually be easier to focus on moving now and getting settled in the new place instead of trying to find stability and /then/ moving?  I dunno though.  Big hugs and hopes that the TM process throws up some ideas!)

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page