The Official Treasure Map of 2011--It is here! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-04-2011, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View PostI feel soooo unfocused! So much swirling, undirected energy flowing all around and through me. Feels like utter chaos. From my reading and studies, this is the perfect time to make BIG changes! Jump in with two feet...yada, yada, yada... I just feel like I need SOME stable ground as a launching pad, ya know? Hmmmm...I'm going to try tuning in while sitting in our master bedroom. That is the most calming, grounding place in our home. A big glass of water and having my collection of flower essences at hand sounds intriguing, as well.

This sounds like me. What FEs do you take, if I may ask? I have Scleranthus for indecision...maybe I should kick it up a notch and take more these next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View PostToo bad I can't use the affrimation "DH's only health problem is my boot in his bum which I am removing as he gains paid emplyment"

biglaugh.gif

OMG I am so going to wet myself. That's hilarious. I would love to also use something like that for DS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View PostSlow to mapping this year. I hope to have time on the 7th, the kids will be at their friends. I haven't even purchased anything yet. Dear me, better get going. :)

I hope to give some thought to this tonight.

I have stuff bought and cut out. I have yet to get the backing colors on the board, and start placing things (a'la Colorforms-- are any of you old enough to remember those?). I don't think tomorrow's going to be enough, either, but you never know. I have nothing else planned, so once I drop DS off at school, I have 6 uninterrupted hours to work on it. IF I don't get distracted by the dang computer!

GAH!  (nervous worried mess... so silly)

You'll be fine. I felt like that my first year. Actually I kind of feel like that every year.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2011, 03:19 PM

Ah.... I sat on the floor of my master bedroom for over an hour...several interruptions, but I persevered!!!! thumb.gif

M - I have the Range of Light collection (ROL) from FES and the Flourish Formulas from FES and a few Bach remedies by Nelson (from hfs). I take the flourish formulas randomly. They are named for what they do, so it is easy to just spray one in my mouth or the air around me any time. I have the affirm-a-flower cards for both sets, too, and I read the card when I take the FE. I have been taking Lungwort from ROL in a dosage bottle for several weeks now. Today, I just made my second dosage bottle from that set. I used Almond and Lupine in a two-to-one ratio. I also took Active-8 and Grace and Grounding Green flourish formulas earlier. Feeling much better.

Flowers are such a strong pull for me this year. They are common for me, anyway, but this year even stronger... Some ideas are becoming a bit clearer in some ways, but I haven't physically done anything towards the map yet... I've sketched a few mini ideas (2-in x 2-in) and brainstormed a list and crossed some things off. LOL I am just happy the frenetic energy has calmed down a bit and I feel like I have a chance to harness and redirect it now.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 04-04-2011, 03:27 PM

I kind of feel the same way, doing this for the first time.  I feel like I am giving mixed messages in my TM and not admitting to my true feelings or disguising them in words because I don't want to "come out" with it ..? not sure if I am able to communicate well here..

Anyway a big oops, I found this thread a little late for me.  Ideas would have helped.  I had the hardest time taking off with TMing..I notice that once I start it gets better.  I have been ignoring everything for this.  Went for a job interview that I am not really interested in and not taking up.  Its my first offer in three years, techincally 8 months of half trying.  If I took it up, I would almost be working for free.  Had the hardest time looking for magazines and since new moon feeling so tired and sleepy.  Been trying to do what I can when DD naps/sleeps. I'll be running to get more new magazines, I feel I am REALLY digging to find stuff in these magazines, bought about 4-5, they ARE expensive.  good luck everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvysen View Post

I did it all today (ran out last night and grabbed some magazines)... but this is my first TM, so now I'm nervous that I rushed it or that I wasn't specific enough or that I was too specific or... I dunno.  That I did it wrong.  LOL 

Oh, and I did it according to baguas, but I had found descriptions on some website, and they differed from the ones on here, so mine's slightly different... I dunno. 

GAH!  (nervous worried mess... so silly)

Old 04-04-2011, 05:05 PM

I am having the worse day. Nothing in particular has gone wrong I just woke up completely fried and on my last nerve. I've been yelling at my kids, letting the house go to crap, and right now I am just trying to keep my cool. I honestly don't really know why I am posting this here it's just that I feel so off. Yesterday I was completely uninspired to start my map, too. Usually I jump in and have it done before sundown. :(

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 04-04-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

How funny!  We're in the same time zone, I think - Mountain time, right?  I wonder *what* was going on astrologically about then and if all the TMers back east were just lucky enough to sleep through it?

I wondered that, too! Afterward I really thought... wow, maybe this was a sign I need to address these things on my map this year.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhelianthus View Post

I am having the worse day. Nothing in particular has gone wrong I just woke up completely fried and on my last nerve. I've been yelling at my kids, letting the house go to crap, and right now I am just trying to keep my cool. I honestly don't really know why I am posting this here it's just that I feel so off. Yesterday I was completely uninspired to start my map, too. Usually I jump in and have it done before sundown. :(

hug.gif Yesterday was that day for me. This morning was chaotic for me too but it worked itself out, thankfully. I hope you find some space and peace, sounds like you need some mama time... and this is the first year I wasn't able to jump right in and finish first thing. Sigh. We still have a few days- let's see what tomorrow brings. :)

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View PostM - I have the Range of Light collection (ROL) from FES and the Flourish Formulas from FES and a few Bach remedies by Nelson (from hfs). I take the flourish formulas randomly. They are named for what they do, so it is easy to just spray one in my mouth or the air around me any time. I have the affirm-a-flower cards for both sets, too, and I read the card when I take the FE. I have been taking Lungwort from ROL in a dosage bottle for several weeks now. Today, I just made my second dosage bottle from that set. I used Almond and Lupine in a two-to-one ratio. I also took Active-8 and Grace and Grounding Green flourish formulas earlier. Feeling much better.

Flowers are such a strong pull for me this year. They are common for me, anyway, but this year even stronger... Some ideas are becoming a bit clearer in some ways, but I haven't physically done anything towards the map yet... I've sketched a few mini ideas (2-in x 2-in) and brainstormed a list and crossed some things off. LOL I am just happy the frenetic energy has calmed down a bit and I feel like I have a chance to harness and redirect it now.

I will have to go and look those up! I don't know much about them yet. I've been kind of coached by a friend so I only have a few.

Didn't have much chance to work on the map today, for commitments and things. I have two free days coming up, though, while DS is in school. He's in the bedroom pitching a fit to my boyfriend on the phone at the moment...my BF is really, really not a patient sort so I hope he's able to deal with this.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

Old 04-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Forgot which one of you wants to meet her fave rock star, but I chanced upon this article tonight-- I didn't read it, but thought of you: http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2011/04/04/135045478/the-case-for-meeting-your-idols-i-flew-12-000-miles-to-see-the-fall?sc=fb&cc=fp BTW, I've met loads of bands...it's not all that hard if you get to see them play in/near your town winky.gif

Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM

I'm with you.  bought a tiny journal and one magazine yesterday.  my previous three? four? maps have been pretty structured, and i'm just not feeling it this year.  this is also the first year that i have specific things i'm looking to manifest and i think i'm unsure how to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post

I have zero energy to this map so far. :(

treehugger.gif
Old 04-04-2011, 07:21 PM

Getting the right magazines is key for me. I wanted to have some focus on wealth and money so I bought a money magazine. I always find a ton of spiritual statements and images to use in Shambalya Sun and I wanted some gardening/homesteading energy so I bought a few garden/natural home magazines. THe inspiration jumps out at me with the right magazines. Mine came together quickly.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:48 PM

My dad drove me over to pick up my car with DD this afternoon. We ended up shopping for awhile and I found something very cool that I was thinking of somehow incorporating into my map. I had never seen this sort of thing, but I was thinking about it first. Fascinating! I wanted a mirror as the base for my map (I was thinking of reflections), not having any idea HOW I would make use of this medium. DD & I went purposefully to one store and then wandered into another store (two doors down) and I found these "adhesive reflections". The one that "spoke" to me is called "mirror ~ live love laugh" and I have always adored that saying. I still have no idea how I am going to work these in, but I am thrilled I found it and am getting more excited about building my TM... love.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

Old 04-04-2011, 09:00 PM

I have cut out 3 out of 7 magazines so far. The other 4 are tabbed. Right now I am writing positive "I want" statements in a word document. This year we are moving so I'm using a scrapbook type binder to hold our treasure map. I'm going to print out the "I wants" and put them in the binder. I'm having a hard time with images this year. I've cut out or tabbed a lot of words, but hardly any images. 2 years ago, I wanted to get back into birth work since we were done having babies. I put the silouhette of a pregnant mama on my TM. Instead of getting into birthwork, I got pregnant. She's the light of my life now, but with severe HG, I wasn't so happy then. I keep analyzing any image thinking... how could this backfire. This last year, I had a picture of a brain with lasers kind of zapping out of it. It looked like knowledge and energy to me. Instead I had new plaques form on my brain that makes them think I have MS. so yeah, I'm afraid of images. :lol:

hh2.gif

Old 04-04-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
I keep analyzing any image thinking... how could this backfire. This last year, I had a picture of a brain with lasers kind of zapping out of it. It looked like knowledge and energy to me. Instead I had new plaques form on my brain that makes them think I have MS. so yeah, I'm afraid of images. :lol:

Holy heck! Keep us posted on that. hug2.gif

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 04-04-2011, 09:38 PM

I just wanted to say I'm still in this.  It's been an intense time but I'm ready.  I'm so excited with the whole process of mapping!  It really becomes quite a journey over a period of time. heartbeat.gif

Old 04-04-2011, 09:44 PM

I totally just took like everything I had been planning and threw it out the window. Now I am going for a booklet. Crazy.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 PM

This is my second year doing the treasure map and I'm excited to get started.  Yesterday was a very strange and somewhat traumatic day in lots of areas.  I was very confused.  But now, I feel energized.  I see focus and purpose.  I think the confusion from yesterday actually helped prioritize things for me.   I got a couple of magazines and I'm going to journal a little bit, go through the magazines and really get moving tomorrow.

Last year I did mine at night after the kids went to bed.  I think this year I'll do it when they're around and might peak their interests in doing their own.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:31 PM

subbing

This is my fourth (fifth?) year mapping. Last year I bombed completely!  I made a beautiful oval map, starting writing and all over it-- then dropped the ENTIRE thing.  I really lost sight of my vision, of what I want, and never finished the map. In fact, the actual paper ended up being my daughter's violin playing mat. shy.gif

Which is WEIRD because the previous years, besides making hugely successful treasure maps (I love them still!), I manifested so much in the maps. Got a new job, bought a house, travel to Mexico-- all of it came to me-- wow, it was incredible. 

So then I got my friends making maps, too.  And we would have biannual map-check-in parties--lovely support gatherings of girlfriends over pancakes and coffee. Really, the TM changed my life. 

So I don't know why last year I just. stopped.

I've been sensing the return, though...this is my first time on the MDC in at least six+ months.  And darn if it isn't TM time again...gotta do it this time around.  seeking clarity.

[Edited to add:  Last week I was on Spring Break, and I spent most of it clearing old stuff OUT--good timing, eh-- cleaned DHs closet for no apparent reason--??!!--bizarre.  And three trip loads to dump, among other things]

Old 04-05-2011, 03:45 AM

Hi wave.gif

I am a newbie hope you dont mind me jumping in here, Found the treasure mapping thread a couple of months ago and had never heard of them being called that before. Every year I have made a mood board of what I want in the coming year, this year I held off until now to try Treasure mapping.

Last year I used lots of images and very few words and no affirmations and while everything came into my life I didnt feel connected to any of it. This year I brought lots of mags and boy are they expensive but nothing was catching my attention, so I have written lots and lots of affirmations with a few pictures from magazines and photos of my family. I liked the Bagua idea but didnt know enough about to feel like this was the right way for me to go (maybe next year) so was stuck how to display all my affirmations. Trees are a big feature in my life and I feel connected to them so I painted a big tree trunk with the roots reaching out (think tree of life) and have printed out leaf shapes and wrote on each leaf my affirmations, on the roots I have wrote affirmations about how healthy I am. I love itjoy.gifit feels great and cant wait too see how it pans out. If I can work out how to use a photo host I will share.

Just sorted out flickr hope this works http://www.flickr.com/photos/34563165@N07/?saved=1 

Blessings

Merryberry

Old 04-05-2011, 05:09 AM

Hey there

This is my second year doing a TM. I loved how last years turned out. Lots of themes are repeating, some more specific though. My question is what should I do with last years? It still is so dear to my heart.

I too haven't been " on it" like I was last year. Yesterday I was also exhausted and not in the mood. Ran out of orange foam board and had to stop at Staples on the way home from PT and the gym.

I did a lot of cutting on Sunday and was drawn to a picture of elephants. At first I didn't cut it out, but ended up cutting it yesterday. It feels like it belongs and as of right now it is going in the "higher power" section. We'll see if it stays there.

I have also included lots of images relating to the ocean and water this time, only halfway sure what is up with that. (DH and I are going on vacation to an island in July)

My intention is to paste today and search for affirmations and prayers for a few areas.

Heather
Old 04-05-2011, 06:18 AM

I just follow intuition to find pictures and words cause when I sit down and try to focus on what I want, I only get a big blank. redface.gif

Some pictures and saying are jumping at me and sparkling that "I want that" vibe! energy.gif

DH decided last night to make is own TMap! His first! Will get cardboard for him today. thumb.gif

Valérie   
Old 04-05-2011, 06:28 AM

Morning:)

I went out a got a few more magazines yesterday but I have to say this year nothing, I mean NOTHING is speaking to me!  I found a few things that jumped out at me, but I am having a difficult time this year.  There are a few things going on that have my mind racing and maybe that's why I can't concentrate on my map?  I am not a very good artist but I think I might draw the images instead of looking for them in a magazine, or some of them.

I hope everyone is having an easier time than I am:)  Have a great day all.

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

Old 04-05-2011, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

What I mostly have is a background - on two sheets of posterboard , so I'd better come up with something to fill it, lol! -- a hand-drawn pic of me, an envelope of mostly quotes and a very few images and a text file of affirmations for every area of my life.  This is going to be a very wordy map, it looks like.  One image that really spoke to me is a picture of a pine tree in the snow covered with bells and the associated headline about coming to peace with the rhythms of winter.  After last winter, I can imagine having a sort of ptsd when next November rolls around.

One magazine I've found inspiring that I never picked up before called "Spirituality and Health"  I got all the back issues from the library and I'm reading through them for inspiration every time I get a chance to work on my map.  I am still mostly drawn to words, rather than images, but there are a few things I may photocopy for my TM.

I'm going to print out the affirmations I have tonight and start gluing.  I will still be drawing some pics over the next few days, but I want most of it to be in place.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Postand I found these "adhesive reflections".

Googled them and they look really cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View PostI put the silouhette of a pregnant mama on my TM. Instead of getting into birthwork, I got pregnant. She's the light of my life now, but with severe HG, I wasn't so happy then. I keep analyzing any image thinking... how could this backfire. This last year, I had a picture of a brain with lasers kind of zapping out of it. It looked like knowledge and energy to me. Instead I had new plaques form on my brain that makes them think I have MS. so yeah, I'm afraid of images. :lol:

WOW, mama. Yeah, you never know how the Universe is going to interpret what you put there. I asked for love and relationships on my map for a couple years and then 2 years ago, I found a cool little saying in a magazine "then <my name, in italics> asked for love, and the Universe said YES". I thought it was cool because while my name isn't unusual, it isn't uber-popular either. You don't often find it printed in a magazine.

So, it IS weird how the Universe interprets things...I got my high school boyfriend back again after 35 years from that map. I had done a very intense love spell in February that year, asking for "my true love", basically, and then I did the TM. I think the Universe heard the very Me-ness of my given name, as I've had nicknames for years and years that have nothing to do with my true name. My man calls me by my real name because that's what he knew me as in high school. Him and my family and now new people, but I've been known by other names (including Maiasaura) for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4another View PostI did a lot of cutting on Sunday and was drawn to a picture of elephants. At first I didn't cut it out, but ended up cutting it yesterday. It feels like it belongs and as of right now it is going in the "higher power" section. We'll see if it stays there.

I have to laugh at this, because my man lives in a 2nd floor apartment, and when you look out his one window, the people in the apartment opposite, for whatever reason, all of a sudden put a smallish wooden elephant on the railing. He thinks that the previous tenants just accidentally left it there when they moved out (the apt. is vacant now), but for whatever reason, it lives on the railing now.

It looks right into M's window. M and I have this running joke about the elephant being evil, and hatching a plan, and he has this stuffed dog that when he goes to work, sets the dog to look out the window at the elephant and keep an eye on things. It's totally silly.

So then I start TMing and I keep finding images of elephants lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Postbut I have to say this year nothing, I mean NOTHING is speaking to me!  I found a few things that jumped out at me, but I am having a difficult time this year. 

Yeah, me too! I keep getting distracted with other things...like the computer. I hate doing the backgrounds and maybe that's part of it. Off to do that now. Then I can arrange and see what happens.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:50 AM

Spirituality and Health is a favorite magazine of mine. I think I may need a subscription!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

One magazine I've found inspiring that I never picked up before called "Spirituality and Health"  I got all the back issues from the library and I'm reading through them for inspiration every time I get a chance to work on my map.  I am still mostly drawn to words, rather than images, but there are a few things I may photocopy for my TM.

I really needed to get started. I just haven't really felt it! I may have to take all the available time I need.

Come ponder with me about food!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:47 AM

MerryBerry, your TM is beautiful! Love the affirmations on leaves! joy.gif

Blogging about renovations in our first home
Old 04-05-2011, 11:24 AM

Ok, magazines weren't feeling right to me. I started a special account on Pinterest JUST for my TM and am feeling much better about it. Very inspired now. So, I guess I'm doing an online TM now :)

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

Old 04-05-2011, 11:52 AM

Pinterest looks kind of like Tumblr. Love Tumblr! I've collected some things from there for TM as well. 

Old 04-05-2011, 12:24 PM

I think it was mostly getting the background down that was stalling me. It feels like work. But once I got it down, I started mapping furiously and got lots of things placed.

I was toying with the idea of an oval map again, but realized the colored sheets wouldn't fit each of the areas that way. So, it's rectangular again.

I had a HUGE flash of inspiration, though, when doing it-- I realized it's possible that putting a picture of my house, even with the word "SOLD" across it, was maybe tying the house to me. Maybe keeping the house in my life. And it felt so right that I'm not putting the house on there at all, or anything about selling it, really.

So far, that part of the map has only words, but they're things like "let it go" and things about possibilities and moving and embracing changes. I might put some sort of vague (not specific to any area) apartment building on there, though, to indicate what kind of living situation we are looking forward to.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:10 PM

If anyone needs Pinterest invites, pm me your email addy and I'll send you one.

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

Old 04-05-2011, 03:30 PM

Almost done. The way this map is different from the other three: I have no mention of pregnancy (would still be thrilled to get pregnant, but feel very calm about letting it go for this year), and I have no images of people. The 2 small pictures I did include, are clip-art like stick figures, and that's it.

It doesn't feel complete yet. I do want to find an image of a family, and maybe address health in some way (everyone has been getting sick in the house, annoyingly too much!), and I would also like to include at least one or two more statements or images on finances. 

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman

User Tag List