The Official Treasure Map of 2011--It is here! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 207 Old 04-06-2011, 11:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

Tracy lays it out in the first post - ideally we are done by 12:15 EDT on the 7th (I think noon), but we have till the full moon on the 17th.

ETA - Love the idea of tarot cards on a TM.  Tucking that thought away for another year.

Oh, good.. it's nearly midnight here and I was needing a couple of finishing touches. Its good to know I can do them in the morning.
#122 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 06:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View PostTracy lays it out in the first post - ideally we are done by 12:15 EDT on the 7th (I think noon), but we have till the full moon on the 17th.

ETA - Love the idea of tarot cards on a TM.  Tucking that thought away for another year.

Oh, I stole the tarot idea lol.gif What I did was, I have a book that goes with my deck-- I think I looked in there, or maybe I looked online, but to find the basic meanings for some of them, then I copied them (I have an all-in-one printer/copier/scanner) and cut them out and glued them on, each in the bagua that it "went with". If that makes sense. I think I ended up with twelve, altogether.

I will tell M. I haven't yet because he is a HUGE procrastinator and if I tell him he technically has 10 days (well, 9 now) he will wait till the morning of the full moon, if that. LOL. He ended up bringing this huge work project home. He had 8 things to do, took hours, and only got two done. That's what they get for not having him do them to begin with. Sigh. He's the only one there that has a clue, and he's so dang underpaid. I wonder if he put anything about more money on his map. I should suggest it maybe.

I hung mine on the wall this morning! I added two more tiny affirmations just before 9:20ish. I want to clear-coat it, if I can find the clear-coat. It really seems to help keep things glued down. Glue stick glue just does not last a year.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#123 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Oh, I stole the tarot idea lol.gif What I did was, I have a book that goes with my deck-- I think I looked in there, or maybe I looked online, but to find the basic meanings for some of them, then I copied them (I have an all-in-one printer/copier/scanner) and cut them out and glued them on, each in the bagua that it "went with". If that makes sense. I think I ended up with twelve, altogether.

I will tell M. I haven't yet because he is a HUGE procrastinator and if I tell him he technically has 10 days (well, 9 now) he will wait till the morning of the full moon, if that. LOL. He ended up bringing this huge work project home. He had 8 things to do, took hours, and only got two done. That's what they get for not having him do them to begin with. Sigh. He's the only one there that has a clue, and he's so dang underpaid. I wonder if he put anything about more money on his map. I should suggest it maybe.

I hung mine on the wall this morning! I added two more tiny affirmations just before 9:20ish. I want to clear-coat it, if I can find the clear-coat. It really seems to help keep things glued down. Glue stick glue just does not last a year.

You could probably use a thin coat of white glue instead... It dries clear.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#124 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 09:06 AM

Done. I burned the old one in the fireplace with an expression of thanks. The new one is amazing.. I can feel the words jumping up at me. I did use a marker to write in a few things I couldn't find to cut out. And I got in under the deadline:joy!
jazzybaby9 likes this.
#125 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_understood View PostYou could probably use a thin coat of white glue instead... It dries clear.

I could, but I won't. The dang thing is like 24"x36". I'm WAY too lazy for that! lol.gif

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#126 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 11:24 AM

DONE! Although I'm tempted to do the card idea as well, I just don't wanna ruin any of my decks... anyway, map turned out awesome! Ready to rid myself of the old one...hmmm how to do that? No fireplace wink1.gif

I may add a few things here or there - we shall see.

gd.gif winner.jpgteapot2.GIF placenta.gif caffix.gif

Young mama, student midwife, student herbalist, doula, massage therapist.

Aspiring homesteader & beekeeper.

#127 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybaby9 View Post

DONE! Although I'm tempted to do the card idea as well, I just don't wanna ruin any of my decks...

I didn't ruin my deck. Like I said, I Xeroxed them on my home copier. And used *those* winky.gif

#128 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:

The link to the slideshow: http://www.flickr.com/photos/61511937@N03/show/

Nice! I like the "live off the land" part best smile.gif

#129 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 11:45 AM

Finished this morning! It feels so good!

I love staring at it.

jazzybaby9 likes this.

~jen~ )O( mama to k 07/05 o 5/08 and c 12/09
#130 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:

I didn't ruin my deck. Like I said, I Xeroxed them on my home copier. And used *those* winky.gif

Indeed. I don't have a home copier, so that wasn't an option for me.

#131 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Indeed. I don't have a home copier, so that wasn't an option for me.

Do you have a scanner? I have thought about scanning and printing and just wanted to throw that out there... winky.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#132 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

Do you have a scanner? I have thought about scanning and printing and just wanted to throw that out there... winky.gif

I do, but unfortunately it hasn't been working. I may try to find the cards online and print that way... hmm.

#133 of 207 Old 04-07-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:

I do, but unfortunately it hasn't been working. I may try to find the cards online and print that way... hmm.

Or you can put them on a thumb drive and take them to Kinko's or somewhere. That's what I had to do at M's before he got a printer, to get my boarding passes printed.

#134 of 207 Old 04-08-2011, 07:28 AM

Joining in - as I am finished with mine.  Well mostly finished ... I have a couple of areas (or spots) that I know will have something in them, I just haven't found it yet.  Or really they haven't found me yet. biggrinbounce.gif

This year's (2nd year) map came together very easily for me.  I did it based off the feng shui baguas I kept dreaming about (which kind of look like a disco dance floor) and I heavily used my angel oracle/healing cards (copies of the images).  I had lots of fun with the process this year and my map feels a bit like a refinement of my first map which leads me to my question...

I have my map from last year in still my room (its behind the door, but peeking out a bit) and I still feel a lot of energy with it and stuff still to come.  Can you have 2 maps going on at once and how do you display them to keep the energy going?

Hopefully tonight I'll post my handiwork for this year to share since many of you have and they are all such lovely maps!!! love.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#135 of 207 Old 04-08-2011, 08:07 AM

Finished mine yesterday as well!  And how cool is this, a couple hours after I added some positive affirmations about my marriage, hubby randomly thanked me for making the dinner he wanted.  He never ever ever thanks me, for anything!  I mean, geez, the map is working fast! lol...this bodes well for the rest of my wishes!  Now, I just dont know where to hang the map yet.  Its in the hallway now, but not very visible (and hubby hasnt seen it yet...more proof that the map works!).  Maybe will put it in the kitchen, since that is the heart of our house, both figuratively and literally (central point of the house layout). 

Rockstar, hippie, pirate mama to W (3-2-10), wifey to S for 2 years and going strong

selectivevax.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  treehugger.gif

http://piratelady2525.blogspot.com/
#136 of 207 Old 04-08-2011, 09:03 AM

I hung my TM yesterday & when DH got home, he found $10 in our yard! I also put a lot of pretty landscape type of stuff on it and my best friend dropped by to give me a beautiful green mosaic patio table. I'm very excited. I put my TM up right at the foot of my bed. I can easily sit and look at it every morning & every time I change DD's diaper. I hope you all are well!

jazzybaby9 likes this.

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
#137 of 207 Old 04-08-2011, 09:09 AM

It's road block after road block for me...

I "think" I'll be able to finish it today...

That must be the Mercury Retro...

Valérie   
#138 of 207 Old 04-08-2011, 02:22 PM

I've been experiencing now a mix of what everyone is feeling.  Its important how we need to be aware of what is coming to us is about what is on our map, what we have asked for..?

I've finally today on the 8th of april had some amazing inspiring words, thoughts and people jump out to me and compelled me to add them to my TM.  The only thing is that my TM is HUGE and so I don't know where to put it up, def. not at DD's level --she would rip it for fun..Plus its very personal, I couldn't share it with relatives etc who visit us or even my in laws who stay with us...Esp. because this is my first TM...I am even tempted to redo it and put it on a smaller poster board so I can hide it behind the door, but I've let that thought go, making my peace with what I've done, and focusing on why I've put on there what I have...

#139 of 207 Old 04-08-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmum View PostThe only thing is that my TM is HUGE and so I don't know where to put it up, def. not at DD's level --she would rip it for fun..Plus its very personal, I couldn't share it with relatives etc who visit us or even my in laws who stay with us...Esp. because this is my first TM...I am even tempted to redo it and put it on a smaller poster board so I can hide it behind the door

Under the bed?

#140 of 207 Old 04-09-2011, 09:55 AM

I just had a thought that my area for finances wasn't focused on well enough this year. I know I have until the 17th to finish, so I'm wondering if I should I just use a sheet of orange paper and write out affirmations or desires for financial security this year. I feel I should so I think I will. Any suggestions?

#141 of 207 Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:

Under the bed?

thank you for the suggestion Maiasaura, I did think about that one...But then I remembered from Feng Shui, that one shouldn't put anything under the bed for peaceful sleep.  So I let that thought go...Maybe I can? Anyone? Because if I can, that will be awesome and ideal!

#142 of 207 Old 04-09-2011, 11:47 AM

I'd try it under the bed for a few nights and evaluate.

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#143 of 207 Old 04-10-2011, 01:17 PM

got it,will try it out and see,  thanks :)

#144 of 207 Old 04-10-2011, 04:51 PM

i just realized it was time! what if you want most of the things from last year's board and almost nothing from last year's board happened?

#145 of 207 Old 04-10-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Post

i just realized it was time! what if you want most of the things from last year's board and almost nothing from last year's board happened?

I think I would still make a new one so that my wants and desires have a fresh new energy rather than stale.

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
#146 of 207 Old 04-11-2011, 04:36 AM

Morning:)  Boy this year it is just not coming together for me.  I feel totally blank.  I have things cut out and on the board, not taped down though and I don't feel ready to make it permanent yet.  I don't know what it's all about but I am just waiting for the spark to hit.  It just doesn't feel right.  It could be that there are a few things I have going on that are up in the air until tonight, maybe that has something to do with why I can't finish?

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#147 of 207 Old 04-11-2011, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I agree with Neva - the exercise of doing a fresh map would be very much worth doing.

Hugs, redveg!  If it is any help to you and others still in the process, Tracy posted a blog entry about needing extra time for TMing this year herself:  http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/ .  

#148 of 207 Old 04-11-2011, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Posti just realized it was time! what if you want most of the things from last year's board and almost nothing from last year's board happened?

I realized this year's board looks very much like last year's board, for me. A lot of things for me didn't manifest. I put those same issues on again, only on a fresh board. What did manifest, did really well, but I guess the other things need more time and the extra oomph of a new board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View PostMorning:)  Boy this year it is just not coming together for me.  I feel totally blank.  I have things cut out and on the board, not taped down though and I don't feel ready to make it permanent yet.  I don't know what it's all about but I am just waiting for the spark to hit.  It just doesn't feel right.  It could be that there are a few things I have going on that are up in the air until tonight, maybe that has something to do with why I can't finish?

I'd go ahead and start gluing anyway. I felt the same way about mine, till I started the background and the placing/gluing process...then it just got a mind of its own and went from there. And got done. In a day orngbiggrin.gif

#149 of 207 Old 04-11-2011, 10:34 AM

I finally finished gluing everything down on my map just now.  Same as last year, I couldn't fit everything on the front and so I will put some things on the back, too.  I also still have to make the family map in the hallway.  But I am so glad to finally have at least the front of mine done; this map has been making me tired.  lol

Like others have said, I used many more words this year than images.  There is A LOT on there; this will be a positively busy year! 

As I said, I used astrology for my layout, and I put Mercury in the 3rd house and a beautiful image of Jupiter in the 2nd house.  The moon also wound up in the 8th house, not consciously by design.  I did not paste down Taurus after all....I used the word "STEADY" and also used SUSTAINABLE and sustained in a couple of places instead.  I would like to be determined and steady in a Taurus way, but I wanted to avoid becoming stubborn or inflexible, so emphasizing the positive qualities seemed more appropriate to me.

Mama to 3 boys 

#150 of 207 Old 04-12-2011, 03:07 PM

It's funny... my TM has lots of images on the left hand side and almost all words on the right hand side (as I look at the TM).  Not bad necessarily, but kind of... lopsided?  I don't know, and I wont change it, but it's not something I've had happen before.  So it's interesting to see that others were also finding more words than in the past.  And add me to the "not really feeling it" group.  LOL  I was all excited for TM to start, and then once I actually sat down with the magazines... nada.  It just didn't seem to flow.  I ended up with some really great images and words, but it wasn't the same sort of easy process it has been in the past.  This map just kind of dragged it's feet and stayed elusive till I started actually pasting things to the paper.

Random idea... since people have mentioned not having enough room for all their images/words... I generally go through and assemble my images/words on the table or floor, then cut a piece of cardboard, wrapping paper, poster board, or fabric to fit.  My 2010 map was in the form of a tree ("I" was the trunk, the roots spread out with images and words representing things I wanted to have supporting/feeding me, the branches were things I wanted to grow during the year) and it was nearly as tall as I was!  I used a roll of butcher paper and just kept unrolling it.  This year I used the side of the giant cardboard box our dishwasher came in (the dishwasher being an amazing manifestation and delivered the day before TM started)... I just cut it out with more rounded edges to match the images.  I know everyone is done with their maps for this year (or nearly done) but it might be an option in the future.  :)

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page