Forum Jump: 

#1 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy New Moon!

Happy Treasure Mapping!

Hurray. We are here.   

At 10:32am EDT April 3 The New Moon in Aries began.  And now we build our Treasure Maps!

In an ideal world you will make your Treasure Maps between

April 3 and April 7 12:15 EDT.   That is about 3.5 days which gives you time to strategize your maps and make sure they feel right. 

However if you cannot make your map during that window---then you have up until April 17 10:43pm.  

Those are the best windows to make the map.  For those of you who are reading this and it is before the 7th or before the 17th, I trust you will make your maps in the optimal period.

*If by chance you get to this post and it is after the 17th, then you may still make a map because technically it is still Aries lunar cycle so you probably can squeeze one in but your drop dead date is April 28 at 12:29am. I believe people have still have found it effective and I think it is still worth it for you to give it a shot than having wait the following year.    

WHAT IS A TREASURE MAP?

A treasure map is a collage made of photos, magazines pictures, words, pieces of things that make sense to you...whatever you want and you put them on a foam core board or just cardboard or just something strong that can handle the collage...you put them all together so you can look at it...it will be a MAP of what you want for the coming year.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "what do I want for the coming year?"

Exactly what it says.  Do you want a new relationship?  A new house, a new living room, better health, stronger marriage, reconnect with people, a bigger family, a bigger community? Do you want to write your book? Do you want a new car? What is it you want?
Do you even know what you want?

If you are like many of us, you are so busy running around, taking care of everyone else that you might not have a fig of an idea what you want for your new year...that is the beauty of this process...you must sit down and figure it out...give yourself this time to do it. Be just that selfish and dare to dream.

Why do we do it now and not January?

Treasure Maps are made during the Aries new moon. Aries new moon change from year to year and this year, it will take place on April 3 at 10:32am EDT. 

They are made on Aries new moon, because that is the first sign of the zodiac. Aries is when you plant your seeds. It is the real beginning of the New Year. It should not be confused with the first day of spring, which is usually on March 19 or March 20. New moon means the sun and moon are in the same degree.  For those who don't know much about astrology (which is totally okay) Aries is the sign of SIGHT. So, that's why it is so important to have pictures of what you want. You need to visualize it. Or if you don't do photos/pictures.. Put up words. It is just important for you to SEE THEM.

So, I'm going to be busy on April 3 can I start it before the 3rd?

NO.

Do I have to buy a bunch of magazines, I'm broke, can I just borrow some old ones from friends?
Personally, when I started my treasure maps I always did them with fresh new magazines. And in the old days, (not married, no children) I spent a lot of dough on them..only because I wanted lots of choices. But with time, I ended up only getting a few magazines. I never borrowed other magazines from friends..but I know that there are people who did it in previous years and I think they were happy with their results. So, it really is your call.

What if I don't want magazine photos, can I just use my own pictures.. like my husband, my baby etc?

Sure. I usually colored xerox them so that I would not wreck my originals.

You can also paint what you want. Again it is your call.

Do I only focus on things?

Heck no! I would also encourage you to focus on beliefs and environments. Affirmations like “I’m abundant” or “I am always feeling loved” “My health is vibrant.” “My partner and I are always growing closer and closer.”

Should I put a photo of me on it? Yes.

Is there any pattern i have to use when i put the photos or the words on my board.

No you can do it anyway you want.

I will say that in previous years my friends and I used to use the feng shui baguas for my pattern. basically I would break up the board into 9 areas. A grid like this:

1-abundance
2-fame/reputation
3-relationship
4-family
5-health
6-creativity
7-self knowledge (and travel)
8-work
9-helpful people and angels.

If you use the feng shui baguas, you will naturally cover all most all areas of your life..as you can see it is all represented there. But again, you don’t have to do it that way.  Last year I followed someone’s suggestion and I made a map that was connected to the chakras.  I enjoyed it and felt my map had a subtle difference to it than in previous years.  In some ways it ran smoother.  But then my first map was in 1996 so with age I’m probably getting mellower. 

How much time do I have to build my map?
See above.

Do I have to do it alone or can I do it with friends?

You can do it either way. I build mine with my 2 other friends. We are like family and it felt so right to do it with them. We started them together. I know that there are several people who have little parties where they invite those close to them over. I will say this, it is a lot of fun to do them with others..we would all pass around the magazines.. "Hey, I found a great beach bungalow does anyone need a beach vacation? Or it would be, "I have got to lose 10 pounds, any ideas what I should put on my map?" and low and behold someone will come up with a good suggestion.

Do i have to finish it all at one sitting?

No. Often I used to cut my stuff out with my friends. Maybe glue a little thing here or there and then take it home and finish it there over the course of a day or two.

Can my kids do it with me?

Yes! It is great for them to focus and think about what they want. Have them build their own maps. They also might give you their thoughts about what they think you should have in your life. Helps them to think beyond them, right?

Does it work?
Yep.

Okay. I don't want to sound like a spoilsport but I’m just not interested in building a collage, can I do something else?

Sure you can take a nice piece of orange paper and write down wishes during Treasure Map time. My wishes can sometimes feel like prayers and they are more broad in my desires. But I will say this, I felt like I needed to switch to 'less is more' after several, several years of mapping. So, I had a lot under my belt. I would encourage new comers to make the actual maps. But if you really don't feel the call then just write your desires down. I like orange paper. So, vibrant. So aries.

Is it ok to have things continue over to the next year? Long-term, ongoing stuff that has progressed but needs to continue to progress?

Yes. Of course. But with a small caveat. My sense after doing these for years is that when something really takes time and doesn't gel in the first year. My experience is that there is something still not in right yet. It might be something you are aware of...like one cyber friend shifted from her map from year one to year two by focusing on less things. That kind of energy is really important. What I mean.. is it is NOT important to put up less. It is important for you on the following year's map to go into your gut and say what do I REALLY WANT.

You may need to shift something about your long range goals. My sense is that they need a wee bit refining or broadening. Just a thought. But definitely don't give up on the dream.

For more on the roots of Treasure Maps go HERE

And here at mothering we started in 2002...My how we have grown.

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 08:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

THANK YOU, TRACY!! Excited to be in for another year! 

#3 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Subbing.  

Tracy, I am so grateful to you for leading us through this process every year.

Whoa, I thought I had an idea of where I was going to go with this, but the last 12 hours or so have been unexpectedly intense.  I have no idea what's going to happen now.  But I'm jumping into the process!

#4 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 09:22 AM

I am on the train!

Never doubt that a small group of committed, thoughtful people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
#5 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 09:29 AM

Thanks Tracy! The little one is napping now, so I'll start prepping my background. I'll go get mags later today! 

#6 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 09:48 AM

Woo hoo! Super excited for this this year!

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#7 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 10:27 AM

yippee-  It's going to be a great year! love.gif

#8 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 AM

I'm in, and so excited! I'm also new here, but have been following the thread...

I'm already feeling the renewing energy aflowin' -- got my detoxifying yoga in this morning, the sage is smoking, and I'm getting baby down for a nap so that I can go treasure map shopping :)

Question -- are the treasure maps meant not to be shared? Or is it okay to talk about them/share them with friends, etc? 

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#9 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 11:57 AM

Subbing and so happy. THANK YOU SO MUCH, Tracy!

Homeschool Planet http://planethomeschool.net
#10 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 11:59 AM

I share my TMs freely, but that is the kind of person I am.

So much has been going on since mid-January and I am just now getting my head above water. Ran out of time for a full epsom salt bath last night, so I did a foot soak in epsom salts instead (right in the bath tub with an inch of warm water -- quick, easy, effective). Very intense dreaming last night and woke up very late this morning. I feel different. Not quite ready to tackle the mapping process... zero creative ideas thus far... I did my clearing meditation before I was fully awake this morning (perfect time for me since my brain isn't quite engaged at that point...lol). Sitting quietly by myself would be ideal right now. We'll see how that plays out... wink1.gif

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#11 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstones View Post

I'm in, and so excited! I'm also new here, but have been following the thread...

I'm already feeling the renewing energy aflowin' -- got my detoxifying yoga in this morning, the sage is smoking, and I'm getting baby down for a nap so that I can go treasure map shopping :)

Question -- are the treasure maps meant not to be shared? Or is it okay to talk about them/share them with friends, etc? 

It's up to you. I'll share a bit with Dh but I keep it pretty private, although I might post pictures here. I know there is some people on here who love to share theirs and keep their maps in a fairly open place in the home.

I'm so glad that TM time happened on a day off for me. I've had a relaxing morning and soon I'll get in the shower and get ready to go and buy supplies. Yippee!

Megan ~ mama to the Mountain Man (9 years old)
#12 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 12:13 PM

Hi, everyone! Excited to be doing another TM this year. Last year was the first time I've made one. Many things came to fruition, but sadly my TM was lost/thrown out when we moved :(

I have a question - does everyone only do a posterboard-type map? I was thinking of doing it in a large sketchbook, 9 pages for the baguas. That way it is portable and I can take it with me wherever I go and can look at it often.

Anyhow, excited to start a new map! Going to start cutting right now :)

You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.
K (6): C (8): B (1/13/12) homeschool.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed2.gif

#13 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkslinger View Post

I have a question - does everyone only do a posterboard-type map? I was thinking of doing it in a large sketchbook, 9 pages for the baguas. That way it is portable and I can take it with me wherever I go and can look at it often.

I've done something like that - did each bagua on a piece of scrapbook paper, put it togther, took a photo to display, and then put the pages in a scrapbook album.

#14 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 01:53 PM

Afternoon all:)  Went out today and bought some supplies, sat down and started to work a bit on my map.  Nothing is jumping out at me, but my house is a bit on the wild side right now.  I think I ma going to take a break until everyone settles down for bed tonight.  I feel like I am going to need to do some looking on the internet for images though.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day:)

earth.gif lovin, treehugger.gif  veggie

#15 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 01:58 PM

I'm wondering if everyone will share their plans for their map.

What sections will you have (feng shui baguas, ones you have come up with and what they are, none at all, etc)?

How will you be putting yours together (poster board, on the computer, scrapbook, etc)?

Will yours have some sort of theme (black and white, all words, etc etc)?

I hope no one minds my asking I just love to hear everyone's process and ideas. It's so inspiring! And if you'd like to share images of past TMs I wouldn't argue. ;)

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#16 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhelianthus View Post

What sections will you have (feng shui baguas, ones you have come up with and what they are, none at all, etc)?

How will you be putting yours together (poster board, on the computer, scrapbook, etc)?

A couple days ago, I thought I would want to make mine oval this year. I've used foam board for the last 4 years and used the whole thing, all 24x36 or however big it is. Always in the rectangle shape. Now that the new moon is here, I think I'm going to stick with what works orngbiggrin.gif

Yes, baguas. Foam board. No theme-- just gluing down colored paper on each square that corresponds to each area, then pasting down all sorts of pictures and things. In the past 2 years I have added sparkly things (raised stickers, sort of; I find them in the scrapbook section-- more like plastic bling that's sticky on the back side) and I really like that touch.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#17 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 03:17 PM

I am so excited to get started!  It's my first year and I can't wait to embrace this process!!! joy.gif

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#18 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 03:57 PM

Started a day with a long shower and a last minute cleaning. Went out to get the magazines, stopped by my parents' house, and finally home ready to get to work.

I got three magazines to help me do the job. It will be just a 14x24 sheet of paper, loosely based on preplanned baguas (I don't stress if I need to expand one section or make another one smaller). My concentration for the map this year: family harmony, successfully furnishing our house, gardening (my first year innocent.gif ), painting and reading, starting OUR business (is it silly that I don't even know what it is yet?), building up savings account, and I really would like to invite some random luck into our lives. joy.gif

Listening to Charlotte Church in the process, lighting incense and candles. Have my past years' maps spread out for reflection. So much came through! 

I'm feeling very calm and serene about the process this year (usually way more anxious and excited). Anyone can relate?

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#19 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 04:41 PM

Aaagh - I'm stuck.

The main things I want to concentrate on are:

finding the perfect childcare option so that I can go to midwifery school and continue to homeschool my 4 dc

reviving the passion with DH

financial prosperity/getting out of debt

creativity

new friendships

family harmony

I leafed through a couple of magazines but not much jumped out at me. I might just write or maybe draw/paint my own images.

#20 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 04:51 PM

We moved DD's room around earlier. We had started it yesterday morning, then had other obligations. This finished our part. She has the little stuff to rearrange still and I will help her make and revamp some items. Dad came over and we talked about some upcoming home improvement projects (windows, ceiling fan, attic fan, etc).

Everyone left and I am all alone finally.... with no ideas...

My treasure maps have never been simple. LOL First one was made from fabric and paper and I sewed nearly everything in a scene that is very important in my life (horizontal rectangle) and I loosely followed the baguas (areas, but not layout). Second one was on watercolor paper and I used watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons for the background scene (vertical rectangle) and then used markers to write my affirmations relating to the chakras and used three pictures/affirmations to cover what was missed with the chakras. LOVE them both! love.gif

Flowers are still strong in my mind, but I haven't defined anything beyond noticing that. The ocean is also coming up today. I wonder how it will all play out.....

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." - Mother Teresa

#21 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 06:19 PM

i'm in!

i'm in the middle of a one year master's program and i've had very little time to do anything, but i've done maps for the last two years and it's just been amazing.

i've always been very thrifty and this year i just don't have the time to make my board from scratch (with watercolors for the orange) so i'm going to buy one. i think. if i can find time to get to the store.

i will at least finish getting my pictures tonight. i think.

ugh! i just have so much on my mind that needs to be done that i'm finding it really hard to focus on the map. help.gif

eh. who needs a signature?
#22 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 06:27 PM

Last year, I was still very attached to my previous year's map and I kept it in its original place. I'm fairly certain it was still in play this last year, as well. My map from last year was moved around a bit last year. I read them both a little while ago and was ready to release them both. They are both gone now and I feel good.

Maybe now I'll have stronger inspiration for the coming year's map. I have a loose idea of a vase of flowers and am pondering the mechanics. I also had a fleeting idea of a scene from a boat close to shore...ocean in foreground, grassy park with flowers in background. Pondering that, as well....hmmm...

Taking a break for dinner and dishes, then I'll resume the pondering...LOL

#23 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 PM

I really feel like this is my best treasure map yet! I am really happy with it! This is the first year that I used the feng shui bauga as far as placement goes. I have been researching a lot on feng shui this year and have gone through almost my entire home with feng shui remedies. With the help of a practioner though. I'm super excited to see how this year plays out.

#24 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

My treasure maps have never been simple. LOL First one was made from fabric and paper and I sewed nearly everything in a scene that is very important in my life (horizontal rectangle) and I loosely followed the baguas (areas, but not layout). Second one was on watercolor paper and I used watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons for the background scene (vertical rectangle) and then used markers to write my affirmations relating to the chakras and used three pictures/affirmations to cover what was missed with the chakras. LOVE them both! love.gif

Holy heck! Is there any way you'd be willing to share those with us? 

#25 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:

I'm wondering if everyone will share their plans for their map.

I hope no one minds my asking I just love to hear everyone's process and ideas. It's so inspiring! And if you'd like to share images of past TMs I wouldn't argue. ;)

There are different forms of feng shui and I arranged my board according to the specific type I follow. In the upper left hand corner is the wealth section. Use the colors blue, green, or red. Images of waterfalls are great here too to represent money flow in your life. Below that is the family section and this is the color green also. THe lower left hand corner is the self knowledge section and the color blue and green are used. Pictures of mountains are a great thing to accentuate this section. In the middle next to this is your career sector and the color black is used. The lower right hand corner is your helpful people and travel section and the colors white and grey are used. Above this is creativity and children and use the color white.The upper right hand corner is your relationship sector and use the colors red, pink and white. The middle is thought of as the balance/earth/the center of yourself and all that is flowing.

#26 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:

Holy heck! Is there any way you'd be willing to share those with us? 

Sure, I have shared them on MDC before.

Year 2009

Year 2010

#27 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysandiegan View Post

Sure, I have shared them on MDC before.

Year 2009

Year 2010

Thanks so much for sharing! My conclusion is you are awesome beyond words. :)

#28 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 08:19 PM

You are so sweet and kind! I bet you are just as awesome! love.gif

#29 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 08:31 PM

yay! I am gong to go to the chiropractor tomorrow morning then stop at the pharmacy for a new mag or 2 then come home to do my map. I am so excited. I have manifested so much from last year that I can;t wait to make a new one!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#30 of 207 Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 PM

what are the color correspondents to each area? can you pls list them. many thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Yes, baguas. Foam board. No theme-- just gluing down colored paper on each square that corresponds to each area, then pasting down all sorts of pictures and things.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page