Easter gifts for baby (Christian) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2011, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all,

I am wondering if any of you have any ideas/recommendations/suggestions for an Easter basket for an 8 month-old (minus the candy/Easter bunny). We are Christian and would like maybe a children's book of the resurrection or something along those lines. It also can't be too expensive. Any other ideas would be helpful as well.

Thanks everyone! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM

Last year we gave DS a basket of books (and a couple other things I made for him, i.e. puppets)... I got the books at the thrift store, they usually have a lot of Christian books for some reason. I didn't find any specifically about the resurrection but there were others with various Bible stories and a book about going to church & praying and another about God, and his favorite (I think I actually got this for him for Christmas?) is this Bible Songs book: http://www.amazon.com/Bible-Songs-Very-Young-Library/dp/0375815910/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1302531886&sr=8-1 So check your thrift store perhaps and see what they have?

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
Old 04-11-2011, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Oooo great and thrifty idea CM!! Thanks a bunch thumb.gif

Old 04-11-2011, 11:50 AM

Another idea he might like is a CD of Christian music... sometimes even the $ store has CD's.... That's kind of a hard age because they are more interactive but still can't really DO much.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
Old 04-11-2011, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy View Post
... but still can't really DO much.

Haha so true. I just figure I'll get her a book and maybe a toy of some sort... I would LOVE to get her some music - that is also an idea. Thanks again CM!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

We had the Baby's First Bible, which I liked (and I think one of Bible songs). It looks like there's a Baby's First Easter -- but I second the thrift store. These are the kinds of books that do get donated once your kids grow older. I like the Beginner's Bible for Toddlers too.

Oh, and my sister gave us the Wee Sing Musical Bible when ds was baptized. It has songs and stories, and my dd found it quite engaging. (Ds, not so much, but he's just not into music and never has been.) My quick tour through Amazon also showed a number of board books about Easter.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
Old 04-13-2011, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Books and CDs are good and will grow with her of course.   Also, just a basket full of those plastic eggs (empty, glued shut for extra safety) could provide hours of fun.  Maybe even fill a couple with a little rice or beans to make shakers. 

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Lynn and lilyka! Ah yes, shakers... she loves 'em thumb.gif

User Tag List