Help me figure out what church to go to. Not sure even of my religion. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 07-20-2011, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolelynn View Post

And I am jealous, I would love to attend a Quaker meeting. That would probably be the closest fit for me as well. The nearest is I think about 1.5 hrs away, too much...especially while in process to welcome 3 little children into our home/family. Hope you have a blessed time Koalamom!

joy.gif
Congrats Nicole!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 07-20-2011, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

I am really wanting to try a Quaker meeting (and a Buddhist mtg too)!
#33 of 35 Old 08-13-2011, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the congrats, the kids moved in almost 2 weeks ago. It has been very difficult but more than worth it...at least I know I will survive now hehe =).

Though I love the people at our home fellowship I am acutely aware of not trapping my kids in white culture. I found a small episcopal church in the area that is multi-ethnic (including a black priest) and liberal....a rare combination around here. Hoping to visit soon with the kids.

How about you, have you got to any other services/meetings/fellowships?

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

#34 of 35 Old 08-15-2011, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Yipee Nicole!!! Great news!!! I would love to know more. Are you talking about it in another thread? (I don't get around much here so sorry if I am missing something.)

Still haven't checked out any new churches. I am on a spiritual quest and going with the flow of it. When sundays come around, I think about going to a new church and I just don't feel a pull for it. Most of my life church was made stressful so I am not going to go into it like that any more. With the nice weather all the time, I have been doing alot of my worship alone outside in the woods or my peaceful herb garden.
#35 of 35 Old 08-18-2011, 09:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That's awesome as well!

I barely have time for the computer any more so I haven't posted much more in other threads. Hmm, what part of our story would you like to know, there is so much haha. In a nutshell we felt led to foster-adopt rather than have biological children and started the process a year ago. Took months of classes, licensing, etc. Met the kids 6/16, had visits for several weeks and they moved in 8/1. 4 yr old girl and 3 and 2 yr old boys, full siblings, African American. We are fostering them for now, parental rights may be terminated the end of the year so there is a chance we will adopt them, though a grandmother is trying a third time to be approved. We are just here to help and love them weather they stay 2 weeks or forever. Been difficult with the 3 yr old acting out (hitting A LOT), but they are already attached to us and calling me Mommy, so there is lots of good stuff as well =).

Happily married to DH for 6 years, in process to foster-adopt 3 children DD4, DS3 and DS2. We may be bringing half brother age 9 one day as well! We are not infertile, we just have decided that since there are precious children who need homes there is no need for us to have biological children.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page