Progressive folks: I'm looking for a mom-daughter bible study for a 10 year old - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-02-2011, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am Catholic and our oldest daughter had her first communion this past Sunday at the age of 10. My partner is a non-denominational Christian and we thought it would be nice if this summer they did a bible study together.

Anyone know of a nice outline...maybe focused on something like spiritual gifts or the roots of service to others?

Thanks for all your suggestions!

#2 of 4 Old 05-03-2011, 07:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Are you looking for a group thing or something just for the two of them to do together?

if you are just looking for the two of them you may have some luck searching homeschool curriculum.  You will get a broad range of topics that will be covered from a Biblical/scriptural perspective.

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#3 of 4 Old 05-03-2011, 07:37 AM

CBD has a bunch of study books and Bibles.  If that search doesn't turn up what you're looking for you can search their site for others.

Pregnant and/or Breastfeeding since 2005
Mama to two girls: 5/06 and 3/09
#4 of 4 Old 05-05-2011, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. It's just for the two of them....My amazon search turned up some possibilities, but I wanted to check here to see if anyone had one they particularly loved!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page