Buying Tarot Cards from Amazon or Used? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-17-2011, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi and thanks for reading, 

I have decided to treat myself and buy a set of tarot cards that I have been wanting. I've been enjoying tarot with the Osho Zen deck on osho.com and now I'd like to have a set to use with my hands in my own space! 

Is it odd that I found them on Amazon.com? I mean, shouldn't I be buying them in a little shop somewhere? Are there different levels of qualities with the materials the cards are made of like the way playing cards are higher end paper and lower end paper?  What about used decks, can odd energy come with the lower price? 

I'd love to hear any thoughts, advice, etc. 

Thanks! 

:
#2 of 2 Old 05-17-2011, 04:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Tarot cards are just the same as any produced item. It is created by someone, either self published or through a publisher like Llewellyn. And then sold through Distrubuters to resellers like Ye Witchy Shoppe or Amazon.com or used on eBay. The quality of materials and inks definitely varies! People will include that type of information when they review cards. I've notice people who are really really into collecting Tarot cards are picky about the card size, the amount of border used around the card (some trim them off), the quality of inks and cardstock.

Here is the most amazing place to view decks (new, popular, rare and out of print) and read reviews.

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/

I think it is perfectly fine to buy used Tarot cards, just like buying a used book. Feel free cleanse/ smudge any used or new items you get that are used for magical or spiritual purposes.

Rhianna

CariOfOz likes this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page