<<<<~~~QUIVERFULL 2011~~~>>> - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You asked... I delever!!!!  A 2011 Quiverfull thread!!!   Yay!!!! 

Name: Samantha

Religion: Christian, Evengelical, Quiverfull

Family: 3 kidlets, 5yr, 2.5yr, 6mo, wonderful DH, married for 5 years.

About me:

SAHM, homeschooling, cloth diapering, frugal living, husband submitting, attached, blogging mama ;)

Looking for support in the lifestlye of large families.

Happy to get to know all of you!

~Samantha

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#2 of 19 Old 05-25-2011, 08:42 AM

I'm Maggie.  We are evangelical Christians who don't use birth control.

However, not a large family...yet.  The hard part of QF for me is trusting God when we aren't getting babies.  My youngest is four and I had a third miscarriage a few weeks ago. :(  That youngest kid now of course has started asking for siblings and praying for them. Which is sweet, but it hurts too.

#3 of 19 Old 05-30-2011, 07:28 AM

Hi, My husband and I have been married for 7 years. We have 4 children 5, 3, 2 and 9 months. I'm a sahm. My oldest will be starting school this year!  Also, I'm ready for another blessing whenever God sees fit. blush.gif

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#4 of 19 Old 06-03-2011, 12:03 PM

A few days ago my husband asked if I was pg because of how grumpy I've been. WELL.......I just took a pregnancy test and it is POSITIVE!!! I'm actually a bit shocked. This will be the closest space between my kids. My baby will be 9 months in a few days. I just hope I can keep nursing for another 3 months. I'm not even sure when I am due. I had some spotting in April but haven't had anything since.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#5 of 19 Old 06-04-2011, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

: )  BIG congrats!!  You are truely blessed!

Welcome Everyone else!!! 

Kind of quiet arond here----  Summer mst be on it's way!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

#6 of 19 Old 06-11-2011, 01:38 PM

Hi everyone!!

Congrats on the BFP!

I've got 5 kids. My baby is 7 months old now. It's really hard trusting God in the size of our family. After baby #4 was born we found out we were expecting #5 and were shocked! Literally! I cried. It was really hard for me. I've always wanted a big family but I wasn't ready so soon. I've only just now opened myself up to trusting God again but I doubt my husband is. He doesn't want to be old and not able to take care of the kids.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#7 of 19 Old 06-16-2011, 05:22 PM

I was ready for another baby whenever God saw fit, but my husband was hoping we'd get a bigger space. Isn't it funny how God works? This will be my closest space.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#8 of 19 Old 06-18-2011, 07:23 PM

HI all

I go by Jewellz.

I'm calvinistic but don't go to church.

See siggy for family info.

Quiverful since 6 years ago. Kiddos are spaced 21.5 months between 1 & 2 (got pregnant 5 months pp then lost the baby at 11 weeks then birth control after), 23.75 months between 2 & 3 with birth control between them, quiverful from then on, 20 months between 3 & 4 and 16.5 months between 4 & 5. Prayed to God that I needed a break and he gave it to me. Baby is now 13 months and not pregnant yet. I want more and know that more is in my future but hoping I still get a little bit more of a break. Slowly warming up to the idea that I'm going to get pregnant soon if not already. In 2 ww wait.

GTG computer dying. BBL.

Wife to DH(10/02) Mom to DD1('03), angel1.gif('04), DS1('05), DD2('07), DS2('08), DD3('10) angel1.gif(08/11), angel1.gif (09/11). We follow Jesus, praying.gif, quiverful, homeschool.gif,cd.gif ,winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIF, and we are a food allergic family.

#9 of 19 Old 06-18-2011, 11:48 PM

I'm not sure that I fit completely.  My dh and I are Christians- evangelical for the most part, homeschool, have four and pregnant, spaced really close together- mostly b/c neither of us are planners, and just want to listen to what God wants for us.  We feel a bit overwhelmed, but used to, having a house full of little ones and all that entails.  We aren't sure where we stand with fertility- other than it is truly a gift.  It is encouraging to see women/men who love having kids and trust Him for all the details.  I am often discouraged with the cloud of belittling on families and esp. large families.  Everyone does have a choice, and I don't think it is our place to judge.  My choice is to listen, wait, trust God and my husband.

Mother to Obadiah, Ira, fencing.gifEva, dust.gifand Ailsa babyf.gif, wife of wonderful state trooper in Alaskacold.gifhomeschool.gifwinner.jpgteapot2.GIFdog2.gifdog2.gifcat.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpgpraying.gif
#10 of 19 Old 07-05-2011, 02:30 PM

Not sure if I fit:) DH and I had a conversion 3 years ago and are now open to the children God gives us at ages 42 & 43. He gave us a blessing right away in our youngest son 16 months old! we also have a 9 y.o. and 7 y.o.

we are a traditional Catholic family, no birth control, some homeschooling, I'm a SAHM, husband submitting...

Catherinepraying.gif traditional Catholic mama to bikenew.gifjammin.gifdiaper.gif wife to an amazing man.selectivevax.gifnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif

#11 of 19 Old 07-14-2011, 11:22 AM

Hi everyone! wave.gif

Name: Im Heather..

Religion: Im LDS (mormon)

Family: I have 3 beautiful children. My oldest is 4, then I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old. Ive been married for 5 years. My husband is deployed to Afganistan until sometime next year.

About me

Im a Stay at home mom. I love to sew, knit or do any other sort of craft. I enjoy being outdoors with my children.I plan on homeschooling but my children are a little young to do more than just a little. Right now I just encourage them to play a lot, read a lot and look into anything that interests them.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#12 of 19 Old 08-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Hi!!!

So we are I guess considered psuedo quiverful. We had to use protection for a few years while my hubby underwent treatment for cancer, but now I'm pregnant with a baby on the way.. I think we will just be natural as far as birth control and follow God's lead on whenever he wants to bless us again with another for our fourth ;)

creative crunchy christian wife to J stillheart.gif, Mama to three boys and one baby on the way!  chicken3.gif  doula in training love.gif

#13 of 19 Old 08-09-2011, 10:13 AM

mamaecho - Welcome

We just leave everything up to God. We don't try and we don't prevent. Congrats on your pg.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#14 of 19 Old 08-10-2011, 06:31 AM

I should post here, already posted in Pregnancy.  We are expecting our 4th, after 3 miscarriages.  And I'm beginning to have some hope.  Made it to 9 w with no bleeding and the morning sickness has been moderate, so I'm not too worried about this being another molar pregnancy.

My youngest has been praying nightly for a baby sister.  How I would love to see his prayer answerd. :D

#15 of 19 Old 08-10-2011, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ok...not a part of this thread but I caught enough of the first sentence to figure out your post, C.  Congratulations.  Your family will be in my prayers.  

The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it.  We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.

#16 of 19 Old 08-11-2011, 08:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom View Post

I should post here, already posted in Pregnancy.  We are expecting our 4th, after 3 miscarriages.  And I'm beginning to have some hope.  Made it to 9 w with no bleeding and the morning sickness has been moderate, so I'm not too worried about this being another molar pregnancy.

My youngest has been praying nightly for a baby sister.  How I would love to see his prayer answerd. :D

Great news. I like reading your posts when I come across them on MDC. I've admired how you've dealt with not having as many children as you thought you would (or at least not quite as quickly as you thought you would), and I also like the good sense you bring into all sorts of discussions around here. I hope your pregnancy goes well and that we can read a joyous update when a new baby arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyka View Post

Ok...not a part of this thread but I caught enough of the first sentence to figure out your post, C.  Congratulations.  Your family will be in my prayers.  

Me neither! I'm far from quiverful! but happened across this and had to congratulate CM.

#17 of 19 Old 08-11-2011, 08:37 AM

Congratulations, Cappuccinosmom!!

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#18 of 19 Old 08-11-2011, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Not quiverfull but love to read your tread!!

Congrads! Cappuccinosmom! You will be in my prayers!

#19 of 19 Old 08-11-2011, 01:06 PM

Thank you Mamas. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page