Finding or living your path (all religions welcome) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-25-2011, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I could post this in personal growth but I want a bit more spiritual perspective on it.
I am going through some life changes finding my identity, no particular religion, and realizing that I lived everyday for my old church and had actually no real goals or path in life of my own. I am looking to find that path now for myself and was wondering if there are others that are looking for their path whatever it may be or who have found their path and are living it- how are you doing that?
#2 of 5 Old 05-25-2011, 07:29 AM

Delete

Blogging about renovations in our first home
#3 of 5 Old 05-26-2011, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for sharing Heather!
#4 of 5 Old 05-26-2011, 03:05 PM

This is really quick but wanted to share… I have been on Pagan path for many years now. Since Paganism is a broad term for many earth based spiritual paths, it does not have any leaders, texts, or rules to follow. At times this has left me feeling unvalidated and insecure. Wondering if the path I am following is “real”. But mostly it is very freeing.

It is freeing to not need a path, or leader, or doctrine or rules to follow. To just follow where your spirit takes you.

I sometimes wonder, what if I was born alone on a desert island. (yeah I know unlikely) And I lived my life with no one to tell me what to believe or any spiritual/religious rules to follow or break… and I pondered if there was a higher power, what would I believe? How would I honor it? How would I communicate with it?

Are books and leaders and specific traditions needed, to be connected to Spirit….

Rhianna

#5 of 5 Old 06-02-2011, 07:16 AM

hi bluebirdmama1

I went through something similar about 3-4 years ago... it was a year + long process. After realizing that I was living every day of my life for nothing, instead of something. But when I started having kids I saw that there was importance, truth, love, etc in the world, and since I had no basis to build upon with the new realization, I had to start looking...

Basically my approach was to flood myself with information, mainly historical but also political, philisophical, psycological and spiritual as I found it all tied together. Nothing more really to tell. I entertained many, many posibilities, some of them really out there. Eventually I was led to what I see as satisfying on all levels.

All the best in your searching!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page