I didn't see another thread sooooo...

Already the shrill lark is out of sight,
Flooding with waves of song this silent dell, -
Ah! there is something more in that bird's flight
Than could be tested in a crucible! -
But the air freshens, let us go, why soon
The woodmen will be here;
how we have lived this night of June!

The poem is by Oscar Wilde, the title is Garden of Eros, and you can find the whole long glorious story of pagan happenings in the days and nights of June here.

Anyone planning their Summer Solstice celebrations?  This site looked pretty nice with glorious waldorf/nature pictures to go along with the fun suggestions.  There's also a nice discussion of Litha/Solstice here and a list of recipes on the Pagan Soccer Mom blog here.

Aubergine68 likes this.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 164 Old 06-01-2011, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Still hot as blazes, but it's supposed to cool down to a seasonally appropriate 70 or so by the weekend.  And it's the Ithaca Festival this weekend!  And dd2's 4th birthday!

So it'll be fun even if the weather is still evil.  LOL

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#3 of 164 Old 06-01-2011, 03:00 PM

subbing - but also running out of work, so I will be back after I kick off my shoes and run through the grass a couple of times!

treehugger.gif

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#4 of 164 Old 06-01-2011, 03:58 PM

Subbing!

I hope I'll be able to follow this thread... Crazy month!

Valérie   
#5 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 06:38 AM

I'm here, I'm here! I don't know why, but I was a page or two behind in the May thread. I stopped getting notifications, even though I haven't changed anything. GRRRR.

So, we are not going to PSG, though I really want to. They've changed their venue yet again, to Illinois, about an hour west of Chicago. I've never been up that way. It sounds gorgeous. BUT-- it'd be a two-day drive each way, and that means two motels, 4 days worth of gas, and we just can't justify it this year. Too much money.

So here's what we're doing instead: http://ncpagansoutdoors.com/pagan-wilderness-weekend-2011/ We went to this a couple times when ds was younger, and I know the people that started it. It looks to be turning into a mini-PSG only local and way cheaper, so I'm down with that smile.gif

I have not got my tickets yet for MA greensad.gif I am still waiting to hear from the ex-roomie on whether or not she can help me out! I am afraid to book a flight until I know. I don't want to get stuck with tickets and not have childcare. That would suck in the worst way.

Good news, though! GREAT news, actually. There is a recapture tax with my loan, BUT, I have to meet all three criteria in order to get hit with the tax, and I only meet one joy.gif So, selling my house is a go! I can put it on the market! This is one area where not making a profit is a good thing. LOL.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#6 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 07:03 AM

subbing

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
#7 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 07:49 AM

Hello, ladies!  wave.gif  I've been lurking around your message board for a month and thought it was high time I revealed myself!  I started getting to know more about paganism as I did my Treasure Map this year and have found it to be very much in line with my hybrid mishmash of beliefs.  I have already learned so much from you ladies!

My daughter, Z, is just a year old and my biggest concern was how to go about celebrating major holidays.  Her grandparents get her Easter baskets, etc. and I wanted to make sure that she knew OUR meaning behind it - which was when I came here to MDC and sought out you all.  So I bought my Celebrating the Great Mother book and have gotten many wonderful ideas here.  (thank you!)

It turns out DH and I have been very pagan-centered for years, we just didn't know the name for it! haha.  We did a baby blessing/welcoming ceremony at a local park for Z which was kind of like our "coming out" to our parents that we were NOT raising Z in a Christian tradition.  Our families commented that they were amazed at the beauty and closeness to their own spirituality they felt.  It was really an amazing and important day for us. 

I'm starting to plan our very first summer solstice celebration and look forward to learning more ideas here and sharing!!  smile.gif

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#8 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome vydalea!  Glad you've joined the circle!  :)

Maia- that's great news about the tax and the local gathering (though boo hiss about PSG and being in limbo about MA).

Circle o' Life- one of our chicks has gone to the coop in the sky... they don't have names yet since they're still pretty much uniform in looks/attitude but we think this chick was the "bottom rung" of the flock and was killed by the other birds.  Chickens can be fairly nasty/cannibalistic and "hen pecked" isn't just a phrase... they really will peck each other to death if things go "wrong", and, well, looks like things went wrong.  :(  Fortunately DH found the remains before the kids went out... he said it was pretty messy.  On the up side, the new coop is nearly done... floor and roof and two walls are up.  Just two more walls and some chicken wire and they can move in!  We'll still be working on it though... it needs shingles, paint, windows, and other "pretty stuff" but yay!  I'm a happy camper and I think this coop will rock!  The floor is 8ft X 12ft (the sloped roof makes it 8.5ft in front and 6ft in the rear) and it'll be divided into sections.  The actual "chicken habitat" is 8ftx4ft (again with 8.5ft roof sloping down to 6ft), stacked roosting branches, and nesting boxes.  This is chicken wired off from the remaining 8x8 section that will hold feed, bedding, lawn tools, storage, etc.  Sweet!

weather- the cold front last night gifted us with a mid60s brilliant blue sky breezey day.  Of course, tonight it's supposed to dip into the 30s so there's a "price" for the cool but still!  After a few days of 90 I'm willing to pay.  I just hope the plants don't get shocked.

Oh!  The parade/festival theme this year is Midsummer's Night's Dream!  Perfect run up to Solstice.  :)

#9 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 08:54 AM

Ugh Clay - sorry to hear about the loss of a chick and the coop sounds so spacious for the chicklets. Of course you'll need to post pictures when you're done!  Have you considered putting/submitting the plans to Ana White's blog?   I'm drooling over a couple of projects there, which I hope will be completed this summer (a nice dining table and benches!!)

Welcome Vydalea!  hola.gif

Is everyone from our circle in MA ok?  I just saw this morning about the tornadoes which tore through the state yesterday.  yikes.gif  Keeping everyone in my thoughts right now with this and hopefully we can get through this violent spring.

Maia - sorry to hear about PSG, though I still want to check it out but the price is steeeeeeep.  Awesome news about the house and the recapture tax.  Hopefully you can book those tickets soon for MA.

I'm getting excited as I'm about to get my first batch of milk kefir grains (from a wonderful MDC momma) and now I'm looking into water kefir too so we can boost our probiotic intake as a family.  I'm pretty sure the boys would benefit from this greatly with their tummies (especially DH). 

Off to my last of work for this week as I'm taking Friday off to get ready for DS1's birthday party on Saturday.  I can't believe he is going to be 5!!!??!!  I'm shocked to see that the time has flown by.  Family is coming into town and even our very close friends from Seattle, (actually they are J& S's "god/dessmommas") though they are coming for a funeral mecry.gif but now they want to go to the party. 

Happy Thursday to everyone, and happy new moon too!!

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#10 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 09:47 AM

Sunshine, your profile pic is so cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostHello, ladies!  wave.gif  I've been lurking around your message board for a month and thought it was high time I revealed myself!  I started getting to know more about paganism as I did my Treasure Map this year and have found it to be very much in line with my hybrid mishmash of beliefs.  I have already learned so much from you ladies!

Welcome and MM! My ds is 10yo, and in hindsight-- oh my, I wanted to do so much for him, but now I realize that 1yo is way too little to absorb anything lol.gif Even two is, IMO. I did start "waking up" the trees and all, on Imbolc, with him, at around 2yo, but I don't think he remembers it. We did a baby blessing too, at 6mo old, though my family of origin was not there. My mom was kind of mortified that I didn't have him baptized, though she's not really religious (it's just What You Do). I said "why would I do that?" and she sputtered and said "well...um...to save his soul!", to which I replied that in my faith tradition, we don't believe the soul needs saving. End of conversation.

Now that he's 10, though, he is thinking about taking Catholic lessons, and if he did, he'd have to go and get himself baptized. He likes the ritual of Catholicism, but he thinks grown-up church is boring lol.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View PostCircle o' Life- one of our chicks has gone to the coop in the sky... they don't have names yet since they're still pretty much uniform in looks/attitude but we think this chick was the "bottom rung" of the flock and was killed by the other birds.  Chickens can be fairly nasty/cannibalistic and "hen pecked" isn't just a phrase... they really will peck each other to death if things go "wrong", and, well, looks like things went wrong.  :( 

Oh, no greensad.gif yeah, "pecking order" comes from that, too. Poor little thing. Glad your DH found it first. The coop sounds sweet! Nearly big enough for a studio apartment winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View PostIs everyone from our circle in MA ok?  I just saw this morning about the tornadoes which tore through the state yesterday.  yikes.gif  Keeping everyone in my thoughts right now with this and hopefully we can get through this violent spring.

Maia - sorry to hear about PSG, though I still want to check it out but the price is steeeeeeep.  Awesome news about the house and the recapture tax.  Hopefully you can book those tickets soon for MA.

Yeah, I was on the phone with M every 10 minutes making sure he was OK. He's on the 2nd floor, and couldn't get out either door because the hail was blocking them shut. So I said "What are you going to do??" and he said "Eat ice cream" ROTFLMAO.gif

Steep? You think? I think it's an incredible deal considering what you get. I can't imagine getting away with that kind of price for any other vacation. You'd have to spend the money for food anyway, for a week, and all the workshops and music and what-not are free, once you're in. You'd have to spend the gas money anyway. You'd have to pay for lodging and food and whatever. I dunno, I think it's a sweet deal, always have. I just can't justify the gas this year, and the two motel stays, and road food.

Yeah, I am VERY stoked about the recapture tax not being an issue. Plus, because of some mistakes, it looks to the IRS like I made $96,000 the year I bought my house (as IF!!!! I sure wish.) so there's no way my income will look like "significantly more" than at closing. And I will have to take a hit on the price of the house-- I can't even list it for much more than, say, $10K LESS than what I paid for it. So yeah, I think I'm in the clear thumb.gif

As for MA-- my ex roomie hasn't called back yet. I really, really need to cement a caregiver so I can get tix before they skyrocket! I'm pretty anxious, but trying to leave it to the Universe.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#11 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

I just can't justify the gas this year, and the two motel stays, and road food.

You did know that I was halfway between you and PSG, didn't you?  I do have floor space.  But then there's that gas thing. :/  How did it go from $3.89/gallon one day to $4.15/gallon not 3 hours later?

Still waiting to hear back from the job interview.  And funding at work.  And a spot in an alternative school for ds.  Did I mention that I hate waiting?

Oh well... there's a local shaman who is doing an open house in a few weeks and I've decided to go.  http://laughingwomyn.com/index.html  The vet told me about her and nothing about the vet is coincidental or accidental (I emailed the shaman with these thoughts and she pretty much agrees).  So it must be IMPORTANT for me to go, right?

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#12 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 01:08 PM

I am a day late to the thread, glad it wasn't pages long.

Chickens- my girls would love to have some, me, not so much. :)

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#13 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluets View PostYou did know that I was halfway between you and PSG, didn't you?  I do have floor space.  But then there's that gas thing. :/  How did it go from $3.89/gallon one day to $4.15/gallon not 3 hours later?

Man, well thanks for the offer! I wish I'd known that a couple of weeks ago. Sigh. Next year, though, I shall take you up on it, perhaps. Whereabouts are you again? Indiana somewhere, yes?

And YES, on the intuition.

My ex-roomie can not take care of DS this time gloomy.gif Now I don't know what I'm going to do-- I want to hurry and book a flight before they get uber expensive or get gone altogether! I only have maybe two more options. I emailed one and hope to hear back today. The other doesn't get back into town till Sunday, from a cruise, and I'm sure she won't want to discuss future childcare issues on the day she gets back. I wonder if she has her computer with her...maybe I should email...hmm...

I was pretty low and depressed about this, and then M got on cam with me and said, in no uncertain terms, that I'm putting out to the Universe that it won't happen, and that I should change my

mantra to say "It'll happen; it'll get worked out somehow"... and he's right. Please, mamas, put out some positive vibes for us that I'll get childcare and get to book my flight in the next day or so! fingersx.gif  Oh, please, Universe, let this work out the way I hope it will praying.gif

Oh, also-- since the moon is waxing (or almost) do y'all think it's a good time to hire a realtor? Now that I know I have the go-ahead to sell, I want to get a move-on about it! Naw, I'm not impatient much lol.gif Not so much as you, bluets, but still. About this one thing, I'm so, so tired of waiting. I'm so tired of long-distance.

#14 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 02:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Welcome vydalea!!

Maia- So sad! I hoped to meet you! I hope to go, but the price is a lot for me this summer and it's a 6 hour drive in a van with no a/c, so I don't know if we'll be able to go. Dh's summer classes don't have enough students, so that cuts out a major part of our income (over $3k) and my ex stopped paying child support. So we are utterly broke. greensad.gif

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#15 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 05:48 PM

A warm welcome to Vydalea!

Such scary and wild weather (tornadoes) yesterday.  One story in particular makes me so very sad.  A mom died while saving her 15 yr old daughters life.  The mom laid on top of her daughter in their bathtub.  The house was leveled and the mom died from all the debris falling on her.  It's just so awful.

The devastation to an area not used to tornadoes like this is hard to watch.

I ask everyone here to light a candle (or send positive energy/prayer) for those who went through the MA tornadoes yesterday.

My town was lucky.  By the time one of the storm cells got to us, the air had cooled way down and took most of the chance for a tornado away.  We did get a nasty storm though.  We've had large trees down on my street and the next street over.  Roo was terrified for hours.  He slept late this morning and had an upset tummy on and off for most of the day.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#16 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 05:51 PM

Forgot to mention:  I'm going for a MRI Friday morning.  The doc office called me this morning and said the orthopedist is concerned about something so they got me in right away.

I just want to find out why my back hurts so darn much.  And I hope that it can be easily managed.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#17 of 164 Old 06-02-2011, 06:30 PM

Maia~ Thanks!

Tornados~ The storm was pretty scary here yesterday. There was golf ball sized hail and a funnel cloud formed in town, but never touched down. Very scary! Praying everyone is safe!

Been so busy lately. Possible love interest, tree medicine project, plant medicine classes, 40 hour work weeks, lots of doctor appointments....

bellycast.gifI am the Goddess, I am the Mother, all acts of love and pleasure are my rituals.dust.gif
#18 of 164 Old 06-03-2011, 06:04 AM

treehugger.gif

Welcome to Vydalea!

Maya, good vibes for booking the trip asap!

I have to work but I'm afraid of the drive... I've injured my tailbone and every bump in the road is a torture.  Hope my chiro can take me in very soon!

Valérie   
#19 of 164 Old 06-03-2011, 08:30 AM

Hugs, DOK. I was wondering about you, and witchygrrl, too. I saw a YouTube video of a couple of-- sounded like college boys, from the language, but who knows-- taping the storm while in the car, near Springfield. Crazy. The funnel was right in front of them, mighta been MassPike but I don't know that area well enough. Cars were stopped on the highway while everybody just sat there in their cars wondering what to do. Then it passed over the highway and they kept going. Yikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View PostMaia- So sad! I hoped to meet you! I hope to go, but the price is a lot for me this summer and it's a 6 hour drive in a van with no a/c, so I don't know if we'll be able to go. Dh's summer classes don't have enough students, so that cuts out a major part of our income (over $3k) and my ex stopped paying child support. So we are utterly broke. greensad.gif

Oh, I thought for some reason you were within an hour or so. Yeah-- hopefully next year! I'd like to meet you, too! No a/c, well, you don't want to get too used to that anyway, because there is none camping at PSG, but then again...yeah, getting INTO a/c after the week is over is a really nice treat. Ick on the brokeness...I understand.

Thanks for all the vibes, mamas. I emailed my friend who's on the cruise but I haven't heard back yet, so maybe she doesn't have her computer after all. Oh, wait-- no, she has a desktop duh.gif Drat. And I haven't heard back from ds's martial arts teacher, either. It will work out, it will all work out, yes it will, I will be out there come hell or high water. On July 3rd, OR the 5th through the 11th. I don't care which but I will be there.

#20 of 164 Old 06-03-2011, 09:17 AM

Thanks for posting the links Clay. Good ideas there.

Hi Vydalea!

Maia, I hope you find a sitter & good luck selling the house.

Good $ vibes to you Kitty.

DOK, may your MRI results be positive!

A section of a butterfly wing found its way to my doorstep. I brought it inside. There is a picture of a butterfly on my TM. I also put a tent on there & we bought one a week ago for half price! And there is a pic of people jumping in a sprinkler, Guess what. I ran through a sprinkler with one of my best friends from high school. We used to always stop and do that if we saw one on. One of my big TM themes is to fix up the yard and I don't know where the $ is going to come from. I got 6 plants for $75. It barely makes a dent in the space and now I've spent the gem & mineral show cash. Oh, well, dreams manifest in their own time. Now I'm wondering about butterfly symbolism. Google!

Prahlad has allergies & the children's claratin does nothing to clear him up. He sniffs all night & won't blow his nose. Any suggestions?

Be well!blowkiss.gif

~Manjari~ crafty lady, momma to DS Prahlad (3/07) and DD Daisy (7/10). Happily married to my Boo.
#21 of 164 Old 06-03-2011, 06:39 PM

Thank you, everyone, for the nice, warm welcome!! love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View PostWelcome and MM! My ds is 10yo, and in hindsight-- oh my, I wanted to do so much for him, but now I realize that 1yo is way too little to absorb anything lol.gif Even two is, IMO. I did start "waking up" the trees and all, on Imbolc, with him, at around 2yo, but I don't think he remembers it. We did a baby blessing too, at 6mo old, though my family of origin was not there. My mom was kind of mortified that I didn't have him baptized, though she's not really religious (it's just What You Do). I said "why would I do that?" and she sputtered and said "well...um...to save his soul!", to which I replied that in my faith tradition, we don't believe the soul needs saving. End of conversation.

Now that he's 10, though, he is thinking about taking Catholic lessons, and if he did, he'd have to go and get himself baptized. He likes the ritual of Catholicism, but he thinks grown-up church is boring lol.gif

I totally know Z is just looking at me thinking "what is this mama lady doing now? i wonder if she'll give me something I can put in my mouth?" haha - but I'm nerdily excited to start family traditions that have meaning for us.  And to have some idea what I might say when she starts with the whys...thankfully that won't be for a while...I'm tired just imagining it. 

Mamamanjari - I love your TM, it has a nice flow.  I am very interested to find out what the butterfly wing might symbolize for you.  That's pretty wild! 

I hope everyone has a great weekend with some calmer weather than we've seen lately.  smile.gif

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#22 of 164 Old 06-04-2011, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View Post

Thank you, everyone, for the nice, warm welcome!! love.gif

Oh, the whys!! ROTFLMAO.gif OMG, you have a couple of years yet. That drove me Up.A.Wall. OMG, straight up the wall. Finally I just started going "NO WHYS!!!" and it seemed to have started working, because after awhile of that, I remember asking ds "why" about something, and he just looked at me and said "No whys, Mama!" lol.gif I think he was about 3. Maybe between 3 and 4. Or maybe late 2, I don't remember.

#23 of 164 Old 06-04-2011, 10:32 AM

Lol, Maia.

I haven't been very active this spring but -- hello, all!  Welcome, Vydalea and any other newbies who are lurking!

What a sad story, Dok :-(  candle.gif for all affected by the storms in MA.  Wishing you clear answers, easy solutions and freedom from pain after your MRI. Back pain is the ruination of an otherwise potentially good day.

Also hoping things work out for your trip and your home to sell, Maia!

I've been finishing up another course towards my ECE, signed up for two more over the summer, but due to postal strike issues, they have not arrived yet.  So a weekend off - except for needing to help my dd finish up her homeschooling year. She does a local board with exams.  The first year of hs has been a learning experience.  Her core subject grades are pretty good, though probably not as good as they were last year in the Catholic school she was in.  But she is so much happier this year  - she has time to play the piano for fun, she is not reading as much (reading was an escape for an unhappy girl), she  has a wall full of art projects she did in her homeschooling art workshops and a really lovely developing friendship with two girls she met in the workshops .  Dd needs to laugh more and she's always laughing after she sees her new friends. That makes mama happy :-)

We rearranged the house to get everyone their own room and both boys made the transition very well.  Now we still lay down with my 5 yr old for a bit every night for stories, etc, but my children are all *out* of the family bed.  For anyone wondering if she will ever have her bed back, it does eventually happen!  This also makes me happy-- dh, too ;-)  We are saving for a badly-needed new bed, which we will get once we are reasonably sure we are done with children crawling in with us in the middle of the night and peeing on our mattress. 

So today, giving dh a haircut, out in the garden weeding, once it warms up enough so my fingers don't go numb  (nearly froze last night!).  Reading some Christopher Penczak, cleaning out some closets so I can get the old tax papers OUT of ds1's bedroom and get it easier for him to tidy.  Need to work exercise back in to my schedule.  I lost one of my good walking shoes (they were my "new" ones, the ones I got in 2005 :-p) and get back and knee pain when I do much with the older, more worn shoes on.  Need to find the $$ to go shoe shopping.  And new glasses -- can't read dd's handwriting on her homeschool assignments and I scold her about it but really it is not entirely her faultbag.gif

#24 of 164 Old 06-04-2011, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

I didn't see another thread sooooo...

Already the shrill lark is out of sight,
Flooding with waves of song this silent dell, -
Ah! there is something more in that bird's flight
Than could be tested in a crucible! -
But the air freshens, let us go, why soon
The woodmen will be here;
how we have lived this night of June!

The poem is by Oscar Wilde, the title is Garden of Eros, and you can find the whole long glorious story of pagan happenings in the days and nights of June here.

Anyone planning their Summer Solstice celebrations?  This site looked pretty nice with glorious waldorf/nature pictures to go along with the fun suggestions.  There's also a nice discussion of Litha/Solstice here and a list of recipes on the Pagan Soccer Mom blog here.

Love the poem, clay!

We are getting the garden finished up (finally), and getting ready for our event next weekend. I'd stay and expound, but I got a podcast to do in an hour... Gah!

undefined: undefined »

Check out my radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a head-covering witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a Heathen breadwinning daddy.
#25 of 164 Old 06-04-2011, 11:44 AM

Maia - I taught preschool before I had Zoey - I was in the 3s room and the WHYS would fly.  We had a WHY parade one day because I was at the end of my rope - we marched around yelling why why why.  The kids thought (knew) I was off my rocker but they thought it was hilarious.  Then, though, I could come home and sit quietly with my bottle of wine (why-ne?)... ay yiyi...

#26 of 164 Old 06-04-2011, 12:14 PM

Good luck with the podcast, Wolfcat!  You always sound like you are having so much fun on those podcasts...

vydalea, the whys are great, aren't they?  I do home childcare and my group is mostly 2s right now, so the whys haven't come in yet, but I know them well.  I love being silly with little ones, too.

#27 of 164 Old 06-04-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostMaia - I taught preschool before I had Zoey - I was in the 3s room and the WHYS would fly.  We had a WHY parade one day because I was at the end of my rope - we marched around yelling why why why.  The kids thought (knew) I was off my rocker but they thought it was hilarious.  Then, though, I could come home and sit quietly with my bottle of wine (why-ne?)... ay yiyi...

ROFL! ROTFLMAO.gif A Why Parade...that's brilliant! And the Whyne...heehee!

We just got home from a birthday party for one of ds's Little League team-mates...in a pool. At the Quality Inn. Ye Gods, that was L-O-U-D, beyond loud, for two hours. I took ibuprofen half an hour before the party was over, trying to head off the inevitable headache. I'm wiped, but it worked on the headache anyway! thumb.gif

#28 of 164 Old 06-06-2011, 07:28 AM

Happy Monday lovely ladies!  Such a whirlwind weekend - we had DS's birthday party on Saturday, so I took Friday off for planning, & prep.  It was non-stop go-go-go!  Friday night - DH & I were stuffing a pinata, wrapping presents and making gift/goodie bags while watching avatar until 1am.  sleeping.gifSaturday was more running around & then baking a cake for myself and 1 other of DS's friends who has lots of allergies (nut, egg, wheat).  I made the gluten-free goddess's carrot cake (subbed or omitted all offending ingredients and even made sure to keep all the pans & stuff separate to avoid contact with an allergens.   nut.gif   Party was great in a park - the kids ran around, the parents chatted and had a good time and didn't even melt despite the 90 degree temps.  

I was so happy for Sunday (a day of rest) to mow the lawn, enjoy his actual birthday (I still can't believe it's been 5 years!) and soak up the sun and work in the garden. 

Now I'm back to work, and off to get a cuppa as I tried to make one at home, but my creamer went sour... angry.gif'

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and now I get to plan for solstice!! joy.gif

#29 of 164 Old 06-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Blech, I have freaking mastitis...how does this happen barely nursing an almost 4 year old.   Made it 5 1/2 years with now issues, was just talking to my son about weaning too.  THankfully my mom ended up being off today so she came and got the kids.  I am feeling just awful, heading to the DR in a couple hours.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#30 of 164 Old 06-06-2011, 09:52 AM

hi all! We went up to Maine the day of the storms and tornadoes. Apparently, we didn't get hit with nothing but thunderstorms, but my cousin from western MA was only a few miles away from the one that touched down. Thankfully she is okay. While we were driving up, we kept getting National Weather Service reports of tornadoes, but they were in Western Maine, and we're Down East, thank the Gods.

So we're good.

Anyway, only have a few minutes internet time. We're totally unplugged at the house, so we had to come to a neighboring town for the library.

Come ponder with me about food!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page