*~*~*~JuLy PAgaN FAmiLY CirCLe!~*~*~* - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 188 Old 07-19-2011, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

NAK

I have some pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150702743725315.702858.509510314&l=ab0711aff9 I am not on facebook with most of you but you can add me if you wish. I also wrote out the birth story in the July DDC for those who want to read.

Can;t type much - MIL is still here (been almost 2 weeks). I am exhausted and have no patience, Lots of comments like "this menu needs more variety" "you can't be hungry already" etc in regards to breastfeeding is getting on my nerves. To top it off, I hate when people hold my baby and when he starts looking for food, they dont want to give him back until he has screamed a bunch. Sigh. She leaves tomorrow in the early afternoon. I do appreciate the help with cooking and clean up though.

Vibes for all who want them/asked/need them.

I hope to be on tomorrow evening with a more individualized reply than this one.

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#122 of 188 Old 07-19-2011, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by wombatclay View PostThe kids didn't get the memo about being nice to mommy.  LOL

The T tunic- do you mean how do you make an actual tunic, or how did I draw the tunic?  :) 

Oh no! Well, at least you had the patience to allow them to start over. Go you! And the DD was a good idea yummy.gif I'da slurped it all right in front of ds and said "only people who behave get donuts", but I'm mean that way.

The drawing, I meant.

Yay that you did get material, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View PostI have some pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150702743725315.702858.509510314&l=ab0711aff9 I am not on facebook with most of you but you can add me if you wish. I also wrote out the birth story in the July DDC for those who want to read.

Can;t type much - MIL is still here (been almost 2 weeks). I am exhausted and have no patience, Lots of comments like "this menu needs more variety" "you can't be hungry already" etc in regards to breastfeeding is getting on my nerves. To top it off, I hate when people hold my baby and when he starts looking for food, they dont want to give him back until he has screamed a bunch. Sigh. She leaves tomorrow in the early afternoon. I do appreciate the help with cooking and clean up though.

Oh, he is just too cute! Congrats, mama!

Are you serious? You mean they are dissing your nursing him, that's what was meant by those comments??? About the menu variety and all? irked.gif Srsly? He's a newborn. WTH is wrong with people? I don't blame you for impatience for when they go home! If I was there, I'd so make you lasagne and portion it up for the freezer. And soup.

Got to cam with M today luxlove.gif We're so sappy-nauseous in love, still. He sent me a picture-message via text of a firework and said "This is what happens when I think of you" energy.gif

Gawd, how I love that man. Have I said how much I love that man? I love him.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#123 of 188 Old 07-19-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

The kids didn't get the memo about being nice to mommy.  LOL

I think mommy should treat herself to something nice - epsom salt bath or something else to release the frustrations of the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie.Qc View Post

treehugger.gif

Good vibes for all! Use them for what you need. wink1.gif

It's hot! and humid...

We ate the first potatoes from the garden last night. coolshine.gif Salad, carrots, onions and radishes where also from the garden. There is one tomato that is almost ready to pick... yum! I'm glad for DH's green thumb! greenthumb.gif

I think I know how I'll make my labyrinth! lightbulb.gif If it goes right, maintenance will be as easy as mowing the rest of the land.  thumb.gif First step is to clean the area and get rid of the weeds... DH is suppose to pick all the leftover rugs he can find in the dumpsters on the work site; it will save us a lot of work to just cover the area with rugs and wait till the weeds are gone instead of pulling them out.

Sounds so tasty, especially in this heat - we are expecting 48 degrees on Thursday. Today was the coolest day of the week in the high 30's. Ugh.

Super curious about your plan for the labyrinth! Can't wait to see when it's all done!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxsFox View Post

I need all the prayers, good vibes, and positive energy you ladies have.  Max and I are looking into moving north and buying a house.  That would give us some land for a small homestead, save us money, and be closer to my son.  But Max needs to find a better job that will be able to pay for me to stay home with our future kids, and the area we're looking at is pretty rural.  Please send happy career vibes his way!

Positive energy your way!

Maia - sorry to hear about the showing. Positive thoughts for the open house going your way. Just a quick thought that came to me - if you use any divination tools, would it give you more information about why they cancelled?

About the MIL thing - yeah she is talking about nursing. She has also been telling DD that she has all the "right" toys for DS - cars, trains, etc. DD doesn't like dolls very much. She is really into cars so that's what we let her play with. She also has been telling her how to play with the toys and stuff. Tells her that little girls wear dresses and how to act like a princess. I just want DD and DS to discover who they are, find their own likes/dislikes, and be accepting of people. She also has been telling DH to do all kinds of stuff - go out here and there, pick up stuff, move things...and complained about the temps here, made us get an a/c unit. Lost it on us one day when there wasn't coffee made (we don't even drink coffee here, neither of us like it). Anyways, I am going to need to do something to let go of all this in the next day or two. I am also having this urge to process my birth experience, I think I just want to cry tears of joy for the beauty of my own birth and the power of my body. I was really able to see all the things I know about birth lived out in my own experience.

So glad I made it back here to read/catch up/chat. I have missed you ladies so much!

Nicole: mama to DD and DS, childbirth educator and doula. Dancing the spiral dance of life bellycast.gif

#124 of 188 Old 07-19-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

I agree with this - but I think there are a lot of things in the mix, which kind of makes it double uggarific in my book.  I saw your post in that trainwrecked thread in LAS about your experience with the boys.  I was sad to see it take the turn it did and probably it was not the best title of all times which added to the mix (and I mean gasoline to the fire), but it started out as kind of an interesting discussion.  

Nod THAT was one of the threads that was really shocking :(   I agree that the title was probably poorly thought out!  I just don't see why ppl can't discuss, and even disagree, while being civil and respectful... but if they can't/won't and moderation will make it happen, then I'm all for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

I keep reading about that, but I haven't seen any of it. I've been looking on purpose, too. I mean...not any more than I've always seen. It's always been there. I think I'm just aging out of it, actually...which is sad, because it's been such an integral part of my life for the past 10+ years greensad.gif

Oh, the showing that was canceled...all the realtor could get out of them was "location". We haven't had any others, and there's an open house on the 31st; please send out "sell house" vibes! Is it against policy here for me to post the link to my house? Maybe y'all could post it on your FBs or something? I'd be so grateful to get the word out any way possible.

I think with Quinn going to hit prep next year, I've probably started on my way to aging out of MDC as well sadly.  THinking good thoughts for you re: the house~!

Quote:

I need all the prayers, good vibes, and positive energy you ladies have.  Max and I are looking into moving north and buying a house.  That would give us some land for a small homestead, save us money, and be closer to my son.  But Max needs to find a better job that will be able to pay for me to stay home with our future kids, and the area we're looking at is pretty rural.  Please send happy career vibes his way!

Much success with your move!  I hope you fid wha tyou are looking for :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View Post

NAK

I have some pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150702743725315.702858.509510314&l=ab0711aff9 I am not on facebook with most of you but you can add me if you wish. I also wrote out the birth story in the July DDC for those who want to read.

I hope to be on tomorrow evening with a more individualized reply than this one.

UGH you poor thing!  Thank goodness she'll be gone soon (or is already?)  I'd just drop one well placed reply to the anti breastfeeding remarks and be done with it... like 'oh there's plenty of variety, I had brussel sprouts last night!'  Someone that held one of mine and wouldn't instantly give him back when he started looking for a boob, would find themselves not holding him (and that happened) for a considerable amount of time!  Enjoy your baby moon and worry not about individual replies! 

Pagan  lovin'  WOW playing mum to 5 boys in the wonderful land of Oz ... FOR THE HORDE! hehehe
#125 of 188 Old 07-20-2011, 06:13 AM

Hang in there Singing!  Big happy hugs to you and your nursling!  :)

Maia- oh, the kiddos didn't get anything from Dunkin'D... that was ALL for me.  And yes, I ate the donut and drank the iced coffee and soaked up the a/c while they sat strapped in their car seats.  They /did/ get a fruit squeeze (little pouch of fruit and veggie smoothie that I keep in the car) just in case blood sugar was an issue, but no... the day may have started over, but it wasn't starting over with treats!

Heat- supposed to be 100+ today with horrible humidity.  It's 9am and the porch thermometer reads 85 degrees and everything is sticky so yeah... this is going to be an icky day.  We're meeting people at the sprinkler park again so that might help.  I hope.  Though it might be a zoo since it's a free park and such a hot day.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#126 of 188 Old 07-20-2011, 07:09 AM

Oh my gosh, so cute!  Off to read your birth story.

Quote:

NAK

I have some pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150702743725315.702858.509510314&l=ab0711aff9

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#127 of 188 Old 07-20-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:

MaxsFox - lots of positivity sent your way. Good luck!!!!  

Quote:

NAK

Your baby is gorgeous - love all that hair he has.  Your daughter is a cutiepatoots, too!  ...It's good your MIL is there to keep you in line... KIDDING!  what the heck?!  "OMMM" -- I hope you get some time to process and breathe freely soon. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Postuts", but I'm mean that way.

Got to cam with M today luxlove.gif We're so sappy-nauseous in love, still. He sent me a picture-message via text of a firework and said "This is what happens when I think of you" energy.gif

Gawd, how I love that man. Have I said how much I love that man? I love him.

Seriously, Maia?  You guys are too cute.  i love it. 

I hope everyone keeps cool while this heat wave smacks us... or warm, in your case, CariofOz! 

peace.gif Mama and tiphat.gif Daddy (6/04) and energy.gifZ (5/10) make 3!  heartbeat.gif

#128 of 188 Old 07-20-2011, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by singin_angel View PostSounds so tasty, especially in this heat - we are expecting 48 degrees on Thursday.

Maia - sorry to hear about the showing. Positive thoughts for the open house going your way. Just a quick thought that came to me - if you use any divination tools, would it give you more information about why they cancelled?

About the MIL thing - yeah she is talking about nursing. She has also been telling DD that she has all the "right" toys for DS - cars, trains, etc. DD doesn't like dolls very much. She is really into cars so that's what we let her play with. She also has been telling her how to play with the toys and stuff. Tells her that little girls wear dresses and how to act like a princess. I just want DD and DS to discover who they are, find their own likes/dislikes, and be accepting of people. She also has been telling DH to do all kinds of stuff - go out here and there, pick up stuff, move things...and complained about the temps here, made us get an a/c unit. Lost it on us one day when there wasn't coffee made (we don't even drink coffee here, neither of us like it). Anyways, I am going to need to do something to let go of all this in the next day or two. I am also having this urge to process my birth experience, I think I just want to cry tears of joy for the beauty of my own birth and the power of my body. I was really able to see all the things I know about birth lived out in my own experience.

You are talking Celsius, right? It's 90*F here right now, at nearly 4pm, and I can't even imagine 48 at the moment faint.gif

They canceled because of location, that's all I know. Gah.

Your MIL needs to zip it and mind her own beeswax....sorry, but not really. People like that really piss me off irked.gif Does your DH really do what she says?? Was she like this when y'all got married? Was she like this to your dd? How old is dd anyway?

YAY on the birth, though; it sounds beautiful. Go ahead and cry tears of joy, mama! You deserve it! happytears.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View PostUGH you poor thing!  Thank goodness she'll be gone soon (or is already?)  I'd just drop one well placed reply to the anti breastfeeding remarks and be done with it... like 'oh there's plenty of variety, I had brussel sprouts last night!'  Someone that held one of mine and wouldn't instantly give him back when he started looking for a boob, would find themselves not holding him (and that happened) for a considerable amount of time!  Enjoy your baby moon and worry not about individual replies! 

yeahthat.gif

GMTA, Cari winky.gif And thanks for the vibes for the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View PostMaia- oh, the kiddos didn't get anything from Dunkin'D... that was ALL for me.  And yes, I ate the donut and drank the iced coffee and soaked up the a/c while they sat strapped in their car seats.  They /did/ get a fruit squeeze (little pouch of fruit and veggie smoothie that I keep in the car) just in case blood sugar was an issue, but no... the day may have started over, but it wasn't starting over with treats!

Good on you, mama! clap.gif I hear ya. How's it going today? When is the bean's due date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vydalea View PostSeriously, Maia?  You guys are too cute.  i love it. 

Really? Oh, you are sweet to say so! love.gif

Not sure when you popped in here, but if you don't know the story, in a nutshell, M and I went out in high school. Twice (not two times, but two lengths of time). We reconnected after 35 years and are An Item again heartbeat.gif It took us less than a week of phone calls to realize we're still crazy in love with each other, and that was October of '09. He's in MA, I'm in NC, and we've been having a long distance ever since. We've had brief visits, but my house is on the market so my boy and I can move up there and we can be a family forever luxlove.gif For now, we're getting by with short visits, phone, and web cam....sigh.

Me treehugger.gif Handfasted wife to M  geek.gif as of 3/7/10 , and Mama to R  reading.gif (1/31/01) luxlove.gif

#129 of 188 Old 07-20-2011, 02:26 PM

Maia- Sept 4-11, they couldn't pin it down any more than that.  But I know the hospital/insurance forms say Sept 4th.  I'm a bit worried since most of my kiddos have arrived at 42 weeks (42wk+, 40wk/few days, 42wk to the day).  But there are no hospitals anywhere around here who "allow" vbac after 41 weeks and my ob/midwife practice is not allowed to attend VBAC after 41 weeks (due to their insurance).  Last time I was able to build an "extra" week into my due date, but this time I couldn't... and they've gone with the earliest of the possible dates.

I'm just hoping that I'll go to Pennsic, have a good time, come home, finish the laundry and the random stuff that will need to be done after a week long vacation, and then have a surprise 38 or 39 week baby.  I can hope, right?  LOL

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#130 of 188 Old 07-20-2011, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View PostMaia- Sept 4-11, they couldn't pin it down any more than that.  But I know the hospital/insurance forms say Sept 4th.  I'm a bit worried since most of my kiddos have arrived at 42 weeks (42wk+, 40wk/few days, 42wk to the day).  But there are no hospitals anywhere around here who "allow" vbac after 41 weeks and my ob/midwife practice is not allowed to attend VBAC after 41 weeks (due to their insurance).  Last time I was able to build an "extra" week into my due date, but this time I couldn't... and they've gone with the earliest of the possible dates.

I'm just hoping that I'll go to Pennsic, have a good time, come home, finish the laundry and the random stuff that will need to be done after a week long vacation, and then have a surprise 38 or 39 week baby.  I can hope, right?  LOL

Oh, for crying out loud eyesroll.gif I mean, I said due "date" cause that's what everyone says, but we all know full well that babies come in their own sweet time, and that they really should give us a due month lol.gif Well, then, I hope your babe comes at 38 or 39 weeks, then. Insurances are so stOOpid angry.gif Doctors and hospitals and insurance...our country's health "care" system SO pisses me off.

#131 of 188 Old 07-22-2011, 09:12 AM

Been quiet on the thread...

Hope everyone is beating the heat! It was 118 degrees F yesterday - had to convert it. I usually write in Celsius because that's what I'm used to. Not the type of weather for a preschooler who likes to run and a newborn. Today it is hot again but we are supposed to get a break on Sunday. I also hear of rain over the weekend - I am sure Mother Nature will appreciate that one!

DD is getting tired of being inside this week and is starting to get bored. I don't know what else to try to keep her entertained, especially things I can do one-handed while feeding. I am wearing my wrap a lot so I can cook, take her to the bathroom, etc.

I also need to find time to do some marketing for classes/doula support - should also learn more about marketing. haha. All my training is really in infant/child/adolescent development/labour support/breastfeeding/etc. I don't really know webdesign, writing for the web, or print media. In a way, it is interesting because I get to learn new things.

Maia - DD is almost 4 years old. I think MIL is just used to delegating things at home. She has her husband and two other grown children that she sends to do things. Her husband makes trips to the grocery store for her daily (sometimes multiple times a day). However, she is back in her home, 6 hours away, so we are all in our own space again. So happy to hear how things are going with you and M :) Lots of house selling vibes for you!

Cari - hope you are doing well! We are enjoying our babymoon. I really haven't done too much other than nurse. This week I have to do a little more (cook, etc) but it is still nice. The odd thing is, I find having a newborn so awesome and easy compared to someone I have to chase around and always have to think about how to keep her entertained. He will grow up though and his needs will change but I don't mind feeding 24/7, it is quite relaxing (or is it just the hormones talking).

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

#132 of 188 Old 07-22-2011, 10:28 AM

It's so hot, I feel like I'm going to spontaneously combust.

#133 of 188 Old 07-22-2011, 11:47 AM

Singin - He's gorgeous!  Such a pink, plump, healthy little man :-)  I hope the MIL stops bugging you and moves along soon!

Maia - I know the feeling with the sappiness.  Max and I were kept apart for a long time (far too long), but by circumstance instead of distance.  Once we were finally able to be together it turned into a 24/7 sapfest around here, and it hasn't stopped since!  I hope you can be with your beloved very, very soon.  I would absolutely look at your house is I were headed to NC instead of NY.

After further reflection, Max and I have made a plan.  We're going to trust Kali and the universe to provide, with our own hard work pulling us through.  I have re-opened my doula business, for now just taking antepartum and postpartum clients, but when we move to NY I'll be taking birth clients as well.  Max is finally going to open up his photography business.  And when we've moved north and are on our feet, we're going to (*gulp*) quit any other jobs we have and just rely on our own businesses for income.  We live small, so I think we can do it.  I'm also thinking of teaching a prenatal bellydance class up there - I'ver always wanted to, so I might as well give it a try!  If that works out, I'm going to take the plunge and go to school to be a CPM.

~Tristan~ malesling.GIF

Co-parent to Badger Boy with my beautiful partner Max.  

Photographer. Pagan. Pierced & Tattooed Punk.

#134 of 188 Old 07-22-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post

It's so hot, I feel like I'm going to spontaneously combust.

Me too. Ugh, even with all of the shades drawn and two A/Cs going, it's too damn hot.

Come ponder with me about food!
#135 of 188 Old 07-22-2011, 04:08 PM

Pagans, please share some stories with me!

I want to start celebrating the seasons and the wheel of the year more intentionally with my daughter.

Can anyone share ideasfor stories that symbolically explain the cycle of the season and the spiritual implications? particularly in reference to the goddess and the god and their interaction witH eah other, how that is represented in the seasons, cycle of death and rebirth?

Like Im thinking how Samhain time of year could have the story of Persephone's abduction and going down to the underworld; immolc could be referenced to milk and sacred cow, or Hathor.....

Help me find a beautiful goddess allegory for each spoke of the Wheel!
treehugger.gif

Happy and in love with my family!
#136 of 188 Old 07-22-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchygrrl View Post

Me too. Ugh, even with all of the shades drawn and two A/Cs going, it's too damn hot.

My future in-laws have a pool, thank Gods, or I would have melted today.

~Tristan~ malesling.GIF

#137 of 188 Old 07-23-2011, 05:55 AM

Check out the book Circle Round, that was my first foray into pagan yearly cycles with my kids.  We also like Pooka Pages.  um I think it's www.pookapages.com its a free printable little newsletter for kids and they have one for olders as well.

hey all!  how is everyone!?

It's too darn hot here in dallas, omg.  I think we are on day 22 straight of 100+temps.  I've been working out  a lot and I finally just had to slow down because I'm getting too tired.  Hubby is exhausted, he's a landscaper in this hot mess. 

I started yoga teacher training this month. :-)  I am taking it slow for financial reasons and for time reasons, but I'm on my way.  My homework reading is great stuff.  I get to learn more about chakras and everything.

so this was a really late sub this month but ... subbing. :-) lol

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#138 of 188 Old 07-23-2011, 07:00 AM

MaxsFox- where in NY?  I live in the Finger Lakes and there's a nice, crunchy, open community vibe going here... a lot of the local doulas have gone on to midwifery school so there's an eager market for doula services.  And only one other specifically pp doula.  Send me a PM if you'd like to chat off the thread!  :)

Craft Media Hero- I second Circle Round and Pooka Pages, also Celebrating the Great Mother (which I actually like more than Circle Round) and the Pagan Parenting Page (though that is organized moer by craft, or story, or culture rather than by season).

Oh lordy!  I was just clinking through some of the links on the PPP and came across this error message:

Quote:

Thou hast become lost, disillusioned...

No more be grieved at that which thou hast done:
Roses have thorns, and silver fountains mud;
Clouds and eclipses stain both moon and sun,
And loathsome canker lives in sweetest bud.
All men make faults, and even thou in this,
This link here makes thou not go amiss...

I think I'm love with their web master!  :)

Aubergine68 likes this.

#139 of 188 Old 07-23-2011, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View PostLike Im thinking how Samhain time of year could have the story of Persephone's abduction and going down to the underworld; immolc could be referenced to milk and sacred cow, or Hathor.....

Help me find a beautiful goddess allegory for each spoke of the Wheel!
treehugger.gif

It sounds like you're already off to a good start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Ivy View PostCheck out the book Circle Round, that was my first foray into pagan yearly cycles with my kids.  We also like Pooka Pages.  um I think it's www.pookapages.com its a free printable little newsletter for kids and they have one for olders as well.

yeahthat.gif

Singin, that is just too awesome about your babe and nursing all day long (hey, go run a search on MDC forums for "the nursing song" smile.gif)

Thanks, all, for the house-selling vibes and wishes for M and me love.gif

#140 of 188 Old 07-23-2011, 10:34 AM

Singin- what a beautiful baby boy! How are you feeling?

Sigh, ready to go back to our 70's-80's temps.

Miss you all, just can't get back into postin here.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#141 of 188 Old 07-23-2011, 08:15 PM

Wombat, I'll be down in Orange County, in the Middletown area.  There are a few doulas there but not all that many, and maybe one or two midwives.  I'm hoping I'll get some business, but hoping even more that Max's photography will make us a living so I can be home with the kids.

~Tristan~ malesling.GIF

#142 of 188 Old 07-23-2011, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I just need some good earthy vibes:) I have had such a rough day. My ex won't leave me alone about how he thinks the earth is evil and trying to destroy people via natural disasters and that I'm forcing my children to suffer by worshiping the Earth. He is convinced that there will be sustainability police who will arrest people and put them in compounds and force them to live in apartments that are sustainable. I couldn't help but laugh! I mean someone else paying rent for me in a green apartment, oh no!  After a long day of hearing from him how there is a Gaia conspiracy group trying to take over the world I just had to vent and I think you mamas will be the most understanding since I have no friends in real life. Okay off to make some licorice, nettle and raspberry tea that our beautiful Earth Mother has provided me:)

be good family...

#143 of 188 Old 07-24-2011, 06:32 AM

No offense, but your ex sounds nuts. ;-)  I'm sorry you have to go through that.  Do you have to have conversations with him at all?  I mean outside of trading off kids/discussing kids stuff.?  When he starts in I'd just say "I'm not comfortable discussing this with you. I'm ok with agreeing to disagree." and change the subject.  Rinse and repeat.

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#144 of 188 Old 07-24-2011, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayogibear View PostMy ex won't leave me alone about how he thinks the earth is evil and trying to destroy people via natural disasters and that I'm forcing my children to suffer by worshiping the Earth. He is convinced that there will be sustainability police who will arrest people and put them in compounds and force them to live in apartments that are sustainable. I couldn't help but laugh! I mean someone else paying rent for me in a green apartment, oh no!

biglaugh.gif

OMG that is so funny. Really? Oh please don't tell me you take that seriously.

#145 of 188 Old 07-24-2011, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

No offense taken, but I agree he is nuts! He doesn't pay support so we dont' even have to talk and no I don't take him seriously. I got a little stressed out by him yelling these things to me but than had a good laugh once he left. Thanks for the shoulder to whine on gals!

be good family...

#146 of 188 Old 07-24-2011, 04:54 PM

Oh my Lords and Ladies, that is too funny!! I can't imagine a group of pagan men and women forcing others to live in a green apt, it would be so out of character. We may be a tad off, but we aren't into forced Green Co-Habitation. ROTFLMAO.gif

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

#147 of 188 Old 07-24-2011, 05:06 PM

So, does he see your little one at all?  I seriously can't imagine having a conversation with this guy. lol

MY ex has been as joyous as ever.  irked.gif but it'll be ok.  I have a lot of faith in our situation.  More on that later. It's been an ongoing struggle I've been dealing with since March and I think I simply hit my limit of stress and decided not to BE stressed any more.  probably all the yoga is helping. :-)

Does anyone else feel just not a part of MDC anymore?  I used to spend all my online time here, but now I have to make myself come over to stick my head in this thread and a couple in fitness and traditional foods.  I'm sad, it was a huge part of my early parenting, but I just don't feel connected here anymore. Do you all meet anywhere else or just here?

bb

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#148 of 188 Old 07-24-2011, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Ivy View PostDoes anyone else feel just not a part of MDC anymore?  I used to spend all my online time here, but now I have to make myself come over to stick my head in this thread and a couple in fitness and traditional foods.  I'm sad, it was a huge part of my early parenting, but I just don't feel connected here anymore. Do you all meet anywhere else or just here?

Yes, me, too.  I have kind of aged out, as my only child is 10yo now and the only issues I might need feedback on are behavioral. I don't have to make myself for this thread-- I love this thread, and I get sad when it's days before anyone posts when it used to be so chatty. But I don't go to any others, except the hCG support thread. I sometimes stumble through them to see if there's anything that catches my eye, but not much. I go to the Tween/teen thread to see what people with kids older than mine are dealing with, but I don't post, just kind of cruise by now and then. But yeah, I've been on here since, what, 2001 or so? So I totally get you there.

#149 of 188 Old 07-24-2011, 05:21 PM

Yeah, I've been around since 2000 or early 2001, I have a 10 year old too. I was around in the old, old board before we moved.  Ah nostalgia....  I mostly lurk here, even here in the pagan circle, but I miss the chatty busy thread we used to have as well.  And summer camp. 

Ooh, I'm feeling all morose and nostalgic now!

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#150 of 188 Old 07-25-2011, 07:10 AM

Yeah, I miss the coziness of this circle.  I actually forget to check in here.  redface.gif

I've been super busy w/many different things.  I feel as though I'm running around in circles.  One thing I'm trying to do is to draw in a big reader/following to my blog.  My blog used to be mostly for friends/family but I'm changing the direction of it.  I want it to be a little more focused. I'm even trying to win a blog contest even though my following isn't huge yet.  Actually, the contest is for my son but if it also brings in more readers, that would be good.

In other news:  I'm going to be handing in my homeschool letter of intent this week.  I put it off a bit in the hopes the school district would finally give in but it hasn't happened.

My son and I have come up with a plan that he's very happy with (homeschooling, but going to the public school to receive his services: Physical therapy, Occupational therapy, Speech therapy.)  That way, he will be able to see some of the kids that he likes and maybe set up playdates with them.  

I am loving the cooler weather that we have today.  I know it's not going to last long so I want to enjoy it while we can!  Time to get ready for a walk.

Hope you all are well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page